Kumon Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON4 August 2017
Helping others achieve is a job you cannot match; especially when it comes to children. Watching them grow from week to week is a very fulfilling job.
Well, it was a good place to work
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 July 2017
It was a great place to work, I got to help children with their homework and help them when needed.

I was given the opportunity to get a part time job at the tutoring service. (when excelled in volunteering position)
Calm and productive learning and working environment.
Math and English Tutor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 July 2017
Personally, I enjoyed working at Kumon Math and Reading Center because of the overall calm and quiet environment as well as the fact I was able to apply and improve on my math and English skills. A typical day at work consisted of a ton of higher math and English marking for me, occasionally assisting students in understanding their work, and cleaning up the center at the end of the day. The hardest part of the job would have to be being able to sit for long periods of time constantly marking students' math and English work. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was being able to apply what I am best at, math, to help others in understanding and learning math that way they could do better in school. From working at Kumon, I have expanded my knowledge and understanding of math and English, I have improved on my communication skills with children and adults, and I have learned that money doesn't come easy, it requires hard work to be obtained.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON7 July 2017
Kumon is a wonderful place for interacting with kids and learning the ways of teaching and handling them. It requires a lot of mental math and patience.
Calm and enlightening workplace with great co-workers
TUTOR (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 July 2017
A typical day at Kumon begins at 3:30 pm, and ends at approximately 8:30. Roles vary from marking students' work, tutoring younger kids one-on-one, organizing inventory, or working with excel. I learned to work with kids, increased patience, and maximize efficiency when workload increases. The hardest part of the job was satisfying parents of their child's progress and the most enjoyable part of the job was working with children.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Disorganization in terms of the number of children coming to the center at a time
pretty boring after a while
Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON4 July 2017
sit for 4 hours marking and helping students with their math, reading and writing needs. Fun for the first bit, but can get tedious and monotonous really quickly
Very helpful for students struggling in Math and English at school
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON29 June 2017
You keep your brain working constantly by tutoring kids. The kids for the most part are wonderful and easy to work with along with my coworkers. Very safe environment as well.
Pros
flexible
Cons
not enough hours
Great hours
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 June 2017
Kumon Math & Reading Centre has taught me a lot over the last few years which I truly appreciate. The hours were great and I loved the other staff that worked there.
Pros
Great hours
Fun workplace
Tutor (Former Employee) –  North York, ON25 June 2017
I would go to work, change into my uniform sit down and help students with their homework, and the most enjoyable part of the job was helping them and the least fun was the management
Easy-going work environment with stable schedule
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC24 June 2017
Have the same schedule every week since it's only open Mondays and Thursdays during the same hours. This makes it very easy to plan around work schedule, and it's not very demanding - good for full time students as a part time job.
Great Place to Work!
English-Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 June 2017
A good job for a high school student!
Provides enough time to balance both school and get work experience! I really enjoyed working at Kumon and would recommend it!
Very relaxed job
Learning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC31 May 2017
I didn't work here too long but it was a good first job. My mental math got really good and I learned how to do long division again. Hours of operation weren't the best. Working with kids is fun if you like kids.
Pros
Really good at basic math
Cons
Short hours of operation
great
Assistant Educator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON30 May 2017
always trying something new and new set ups with the tables. they were always trying to make it fun by doing a student of the month award. candies and stickers.
Pros
great working experience
Cons
not very bendable for hours
Tutor
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 May 2017
Easy job to doing during high school and university. Didn't really tutor much but rather did a lot of marking. Being with the children and seeing their growth was always great.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Minimum wage
Fun place to interact with children
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 May 2017
being able to teach and communicate with other children is wonderful. the job is very easy and it does not require a lot of experience. just a nice personality, and some common sense
love the workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 May 2017
i love the workplace because they are very approachable. In fact, they train you on how to collaborate with the kids and teach them effectively. They were very nice.
Not the best environment
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Rexdale, ON18 May 2017
My job was to assist students with their work that was assigned to them that day. Hours varied from 4 hours a week to 20. Very inconsistent. Management was not the best.
It was a nice place to work at
Programming Instructor (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON18 May 2017
Overall this place was a good place to work at. The other employees were really nice. Sometimes, I would have to stay after my time, which annoyed me at times. In the end, it working at Kumon, was a great experience
A fun environment
KUMON TUTOR (Former Employee) –  6085 Creditview Rd, Mississauga17 May 2017
Fast pace environment, a lot of students come in and we work by marking their work. I also have to organize the shelves and organize the students daily homework.
Pros
Grow your knowledge `
Cons
sitting for a long period of time
Fun but Flawed
Marking Assistant / Helper (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 May 2017
Great job for students, hours are great, work is extremely easy. However the culture lacks, as talking with other co-workers or students is discouraged,however if you can deal with this, 100% recommend the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kumon. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2