Kumon Employee Reviews

Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ONAugust 30, 2016
Great job for a student. Work schedule is very convenient that fits into a students schedule. Management very accommodating. Environment is very friendly. Positions are stress free.
Very easy and relaxing job
Kumon Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 28, 2016
Being a Kumon assistant is a very amazing job and such a good place to work at although it could be boring at times but it is definitely worth working at. I've learned a lot here at Kumon and it is very good experience for future jobs.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Boring
Kumon was an enriching work experience
English tutor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 29, 2016
Working at Kumon Learning Centre was an extremely enriching experience, so much so that I would not have left had I not moved to Kingston for my education. Teaching the students was an unforgettable opportunity which fuelled my desire to become a teacher. My co-workers were inspiring and dedicated, and also became my good friends.
Pros
Working with amazing staff and students
Cons
Low pay
Productive and Fun Workplace
MATH AND ENGLISH INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 4, 2016
At Kumon, a typical day of work includes teaching students math and english, and marking their homework. I learned a lot from this job, including improving my teaching skills, and roles as a communicator when explaining concepts. The hardest part of the job would be the peak hours, where the facility gets a lot of students, whereby we have to teach multiple students at a time.
Productive and easy workplace
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJuly 4, 2016
Kumon is an excellent tutoring centre. With the helpful staff and well behaved children, Kumon is a great place to work at. Furthermore, you have the ability to trade shifts which is amazing!
Pros
Excellent Staff
Cons
Short Hours
Productive workplace
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJune 20, 2016
-A typical day at work was helping students reach their academic goals
-What i've learned is that patience is key when dealing with others.
-The management was very generous and understanding and I was grateful to work there.
-My coworkers were kind.
-The hardest part of the job was keeping track of the students progress.
-The most enjoyable part of the job was coming in for my shifts and helping the children and seeing their achievements.
Pros
-Co-worker partirs
Cons
-not enough hours
Good Starting Job
Math Tutor/Grader (Former Employee) –  Medina, MNJune 12, 2016
Learned basic responsibilities and important communication skills. Not very difficult job. Worked with good team members.
Nice working culture
Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONMay 10, 2016
Since the company aims to provide the best learning environment to the students, the environment is so quite, and the workers are required to be self- disciplined. We had to be very concentrated on our work.
Productive and fun to work with children
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 30, 2016
I would mark student homewrok that they bring in from home. It would include math or reading or both. The student's would complete class work which is work they do when they come in and I would help them out. My co-workers are very friendly and hard working. When the marking load gets heavy we share the work.
Fun Workplace with kids
Booklet Corrector (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ONApril 9, 2016
It was a really fun environment the kids made it 10000 times better and my supervisor is so great. She slays her job, would work there again if my job wasn't temporary
It was a fun and enjoyable learning environment
Kumon Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 6, 2016
Helping students learn and seeing them smile is a great thing to see every day. Teaching them certain concepts and ways in answering questions in different perspectives was my main job. I really enjoyed working here. The hardest part of the job would be marking/ correcting a lot of booklets returned from students after a long weekend. Overall, this was a enjoyable job.
productive workplace
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maple, ONApril 2, 2016
typical day is to help assist teachers and clean the office and provide assistance to those on help
most enjoyable part at work was to help little kids on work and explain how to do them
should really pay for training
Teaching Assistant/Grader (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 23, 2016
Kumon is a good starting job if you only want to work a very limited number of hours throughout the week: 3-6 hours.
This is because they are usually only open after school: 4pm - 7pm and only a few days in the week eg. Tuesdays and Thursdays. On Saturdays it is (11am-4pm). However, if you are looking for a job where you can have plenty of hours this is not the place.

If you like to talk and socialize, this is also not the place. The work environment is you go inside, and mark hundreds of assignments, while the students work on their assignments at the desk. Occasionally, they can ask you for help. If you are assigned to the younger children, you help them with their reading while marking assignments. It is a generally quiet no-socializing environment.

A BIG PROBLEM with Kumon is when you do get the job, they tell you to come in for "training" so you can observe and do some practise. They DO NOT tell you that it is unpaid which they should before you come in for 2 hours and find out after two weeks that you didn't get paid for it. If you DO go in for training, go in for 30 minutes. It is enough time for you to learn the ropes but also not enough time to feel bad for not getting paid.

The hardest part in the job is the straight focus for three hours - multi tasking grading papers and also helping the students assigned to you (1 - 2 ) with their reading. You are expected to finish a big amount of work in a very short amount of time. Sometimes I would forget to go to the washroom.

The most enjoyable is that you get to challenge yourself and if you genuinely
  more... love children then you get to see them improve on their reading and writing skills throughout the time you are there.  less
Overall great learning experience
Math and Reading Tutor (Current Employee) –  3416 Dundas St. WMarch 14, 2016
-fun atmosphere where I get the opportunity to educate young minds and assist them with their homework
-mark students' homework while informing parents of their child's improvement and any updates to the Kumon program
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
part time only
Enjoyable work experience with good job security
Higher Level Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 14, 2016
Responsibilities included grading and recording student work as well as aiding students with Higher Level Math questions. Great working environment with excellent management. Work can become tedious at times, however overall an enjoyable work experience.
Pros
Work with students (1 on 1 interaction)
Cons
Tedious tasks
fun place to work at
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 5, 2016
enjoyed working at kumon. it was a fun and exciting place and not too stressful. easy and calm working atmosphere. Alot of learning opportunities. Great environment
English homework corrector
English tutor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 1, 2016
My job was to correct students' home assignment and to provide feedback to them if they need one.
Kumon is company originated from Japan, its has develop a system for kids to enhance their learning skills in English and Math.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Not enough room for development in teaching skills, only worked in part-time for 3 hours.
Great place to get people skills
Educational Instructor (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONFebruary 8, 2016
Used to teach kids starting from 3 yrs old kids.
work starts typically after my school hours
Great working environment
Great employee and her management skills which m ade the place very professional and educative.
Easy job
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 18, 2016
Very easy and all the managers were VERY friendly! Everyone got along very well and the days flew by because of how much fun work was.
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Reading Tutor/Marker (Current Employee) –  Delta, BCDecember 21, 2015
A typical day at work involves coming in and starting to mark the reading homework. As students start entering, we start marking the classwork and helping tutor any pupils that may need it. This job has enhanced my teaching ability as well as my skills in explaining concepts in a clear-cut and simplified manner. The management is encouraging and promote a happy and safe environment.
Pros
Christmas dinners, comfortable environment, friendly staff and management
Cons
short hours

4.2