Kumon Employee Reviews

Productive Environment
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON25 April 2017
Great workplace and learned how to interact with children of different ages. I was able to guide children with math and reading skills. I loved being in this environment.
Boring and Tiring
Kumon Tutor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 April 2017
Not a good job. It's boring and very time consuming. My boss is inconsiderate and she doesn't want to do anything for the better of the employees. Trash job and trash people.
Flexible and Practical Experience
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC20 April 2017
I enjoy working at Kumon because it is really flexible with my schedule, since I'm still a student. The work allows me to interact with students in their learning, and I feel accomplished when they grasp a concept.
Slow paced
Teaching Assistant/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON19 April 2017
It was a good place to work specially for me as I really love studying and teaching maths. All I had to do was to check students work and help them out whenever they needed help
Time Flies and you get to know the people around you :)
Corrector (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC12 April 2017
The environment was a great place to work in. You are constantly working on something so time flies pretty quickly. You sometimes have time to bond with some of the children which is nice.
It was not a nice place to work
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON2 April 2017
A very rude boss who would get angry for every little mistake you made. We were not allowed to help the kids unless they had been there for a long time, no matter how much they were struggling and we would get in trouble if we helped.
Pros
Set hours that do not change
Cons
A very degrading job
Nice surroundings
Math Teacher/Marker (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON1 April 2017
typical part time job you can find. I learned to be more responsible towards my job, its surroundings, managements, etc. The co-workers were nice.This has a nice physical conditions, as you sit under the AC to teach or mark.
Kumon Centre
Receptionist/Tutor (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON31 March 2017
- Salary is once a month (which is not the greatest)
- Hours are not the greatest but will do for students who are busy with school
- Easy Job and Lenient Management
typical day at work
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ON31 March 2017
help students with reading and math and organize their folders for the following lesson. communicate the strengths and weaknesses to their parents or guardians
Productive and flexible work environment
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON23 March 2017
Kumon allows for flexible work hours in a respectful work environment.The daily interaction with the children was the most enjoyable part as well as seeing them progress over time. The Ajax location is fairly quiet so breaks whth few to no students is common. Overall, a great first job and rewarding for those who enjoy working with children.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Quiet environment
Very Quiet
Grader/Admin (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 March 2017
Short days with little chances to work, open maybe 2-3 times a week. Got payed once a month. Wasn't allowed to talk on the job, very strict, little space for advancement for others (not me)
Fun and interesting
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 March 2017
Working at kumon was very interesting, helping out the little kids was fun. My coworkers and the management staff were really pleasant and a real joy to work with.
Great Experience Teaching At Kumon
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON9 March 2017
It's a fast paced working environment with other teachers in order to get as much papers marked and as much students taught and assisted within 4-5 hours of the working day. It's a great job for people who like to do desk work and teach at the same time.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Short hours
Professional and effective learning center.
Marking Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2017
I would come into the center and see 20-30 students working hard. I would sit down and start marking. The relationship between the students are the markers was very professional yet familiar. The relationship between management and the employees was very friendly. The management always asked the employees if they could see any room for improvement. Management would always take our opinions seriously and in most cases, would implement these changes. The hardest part of this job was that on some days, it was very dry. There was not much to do but mark. The most enjoyable part of this job was the relationships I made with the students. Many students would see me out of Kumon and say hello.
Pros
Enjoyable relationships
Cons
Can get dry on some days.
Very nice work environment
Receptionist / Tutor (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON18 February 2017
AT kumon we would teach children according to their age and understanding. Learnt how to be more patient with other people as well as myself. Management is remarkable , very nice people.
Easy work but low pay
Primary learner teaching assistant (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC13 February 2017
Mostly college and high school students work there.
Pretty low pay (minimum wage) and no chance of increase after working for years.
Fun time teaching sudents
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON7 February 2017
Absolutely love working in such a friendly and educative environment. Teaching the students always enhance my knowledge and teaching skills. It is a wonderful opportunity for me to build a strong communication skill.
Pros
awesome boss
Fun and safe workplace
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2017
if you enjoy working with kids, kumon is the right place! at kumon, you will have to work with kids from different ages. assistance includes math and reading
Organized and effecient workplace
Assistant Instructor (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC3 February 2017
The Kumon centre is very organized with many rules and codes; none of which are difficult to learn or keep up. Uniforms are provided free of charge, are comfortable, and dress code is professional and reasonable. Management is flexible, and the environment is rather relaxed for the most part. Management will assign you to different roles according to your skill - whether that be recording data, teaching younger students or consistently marking work. You must be patient and good with children to work here. All children ask questions, some throw tantrums, and some are dead silent. However, it is extremely rewarding to watch them grow and learn and know that you took part in helping them do so. Wages are fair and workers are friendly. There is minimal to no rivalry, and competitions are friendly to encourage each other to do better (i.e. who can mark the fastest and most accurately?).
Pros
The back room is often stocked with free food and drink
Cons
Breaks are small
productive place and great experience
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC24 January 2017
Direct student to self-learning as well as maintain the right level of challenge and to ensure that mastery is attained as each new skill is introduced.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kumon. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2