Kumon Employee Reviews

MATH TUTOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2017
Kumon Math Teacher and was a student at the same time. Corrected, and helped students improve on the mathematical skills. Took part in staff meetings and special events.
productive workplace
STUDENT TEACHER VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  British Columbia22 November 2017
i had fun teaching and learning new things at the same time. i got the oppurtunity to develop my communication skills and taught me how to better understand another person
Kumon
Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 October 2017
Very easy job to get through only 3 hours a day, only opens on Monday and Wednesday, great people, staff is very friendly and very easy to talk to. Hardest part is all the students come in at once so we get no breaks.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Students Pile in at once
fun fast moving place to work at
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON9 October 2017
Kumon is a very fast environment and an amazing place with many types of kids. It is always a fun time with the kids that come for their sessions. It is a multi-tasking involved job.
great work enviroment
Assistant instructor (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK6 October 2017
working at Kumon as given me great experience working with different kids with different learning capabilities. This job will keep you on your toes and allow you to learn more about what kids are being taught today.
Pros
Great kids you are able to work with
Confusing Corporation
Marker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 October 2017
Although providing a good product, the management of employees becomes confusing and unreliable due to managers that do not have the capability of developing a culture amongst employees. This is in part due to the lack of professional communication skills from upper management.
Great learning opportunities but bad management
Area Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 September 2017
I've worked here for over six years. There are wonderful things to learn and you can jump on many different teams.
The upper management is disorganized- unprofessional (a lot of the time) and the training is old fashioned and quite useless to be honest.
Looking for something new!

Good place to work if you are new to the work force.
Good job
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 September 2017
The job is very straight forward and fairly easy to learn. The workplace was very well organized and the coworkers were great. The hours are short but time goes by fast.
Organized and quiet workplace with steady flow of work
Tutoring Centre Volunteer (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC19 September 2017
The Kumon center is a quite a nice place to work. It is quiet and organized allowing for staff to easily focus on their job. Training does not take too long and work becomes much easier with practice. Only downside is there is always a fair amount of work to do.
Great for young students looking to get into work
Tutor's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON9 September 2017
A typical day at work usually involves grading students' homework and classwork. Sometimes you will spend time with young children face to face to help them start learning. The classroom is only open for a few hours so the shifts aren't too long either.
The work done is extremely easy, anyone can do it. However, you will need to be great with children for the most part because the most difficult aspect of the job is dealing with disobedient kids and sitting in one spot quietly for the duration of the shift. The best part of the job is probably how simple the work is, it requires no prior knowledge.
Pros
easy work
Cons
not enough hours, sitting quietly with head down for entire time
Challenging
Reading and Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 August 2017
Kumon has a great environment when it comes to management. The instructor always makes sure that the employee's problems and questions are answered and handled. The most enjoyable and the hardest part of the job is meeting different children and helping them with problems/questions in their worksheet. Thinking of different ways to accommodate the child's way of learning.
Pros
Environment, Challenge
Cons
Kumon is only open 3 days a week
Fun place to work
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON4 August 2017
Helping others achieve is a job you cannot match; especially when it comes to children. Watching them grow from week to week is a very fulfilling job.
Well, it was a good place to work
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 July 2017
It was a great place to work, I got to help children with their homework and help them when needed.

I was given the opportunity to get a part time job at the tutoring service. (when excelled in volunteering position)
Calm and productive learning and working environment.
Math and English Tutor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 July 2017
Personally, I enjoyed working at Kumon Math and Reading Center because of the overall calm and quiet environment as well as the fact I was able to apply and improve on my math and English skills. A typical day at work consisted of a ton of higher math and English marking for me, occasionally assisting students in understanding their work, and cleaning up the center at the end of the day. The hardest part of the job would have to be being able to sit for long periods of time constantly marking students' math and English work. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was being able to apply what I am best at, math, to help others in understanding and learning math that way they could do better in school. From working at Kumon, I have expanded my knowledge and understanding of math and English, I have improved on my communication skills with children and adults, and I have learned that money doesn't come easy, it requires hard work to be obtained.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON7 July 2017
Kumon is a wonderful place for interacting with kids and learning the ways of teaching and handling them. It requires a lot of mental math and patience.
Calm and enlightening workplace with great co-workers
TUTOR (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 July 2017
A typical day at Kumon begins at 3:30 pm, and ends at approximately 8:30. Roles vary from marking students' work, tutoring younger kids one-on-one, organizing inventory, or working with excel. I learned to work with kids, increased patience, and maximize efficiency when workload increases. The hardest part of the job was satisfying parents of their child's progress and the most enjoyable part of the job was working with children.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Disorganization in terms of the number of children coming to the center at a time
pretty boring after a while
Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON4 July 2017
sit for 4 hours marking and helping students with their math, reading and writing needs. Fun for the first bit, but can get tedious and monotonous really quickly
Very helpful for students struggling in Math and English at school
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON29 June 2017
You keep your brain working constantly by tutoring kids. The kids for the most part are wonderful and easy to work with along with my coworkers. Very safe environment as well.
Pros
flexible
Cons
not enough hours
Great hours
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 June 2017
Kumon Math & Reading Centre has taught me a lot over the last few years which I truly appreciate. The hours were great and I loved the other staff that worked there.
Pros
Great hours
Fun workplace
Tutor (Former Employee) –  North York, ON25 June 2017
I would go to work, change into my uniform sit down and help students with their homework, and the most enjoyable part of the job was helping them and the least fun was the management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kumon. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2