POSITION TITLE: HR Manager – Maternity Leave: 14 Month Contract
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
REPORTS TO: CEO
KUDU Industries, a leading manufacturer of complete Progressing Cavity Pump solutions, is hiring for a 14 month Maternity Leave Contract - HR Manager in Calgary, Alberta. This position is well suited for an experienced HR Manager capable of managing a team and confident in their abilities to effectively maintain and support the HR department. Priorities during the contract will require an HR professional who is practiced in developing a training database. The ideal candidate has strong coaching skills with the ability to support and direct the management teams while ensuring that HR policies and procedures are consistently being adhered to. Reporting directly to the CEO, this individual must be a self-starter who is motivated to resolve issues by looking for answers, collaborating with a team and is comfortable executing tasks with minimal direction.
POSITION DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and support a team of 3 individuals who administer/coordinate employee benefits, internal training, HR support, internal communications, internal events, and payroll (domestic).
- Employee Relations – coach, counsel and advise both employees and managers.
- Work with managers and legal team on terminations or workplace investigations.
- Develop, support and communicate HR policies and procedures as well as educate employees and managers on HR policies, processes & legal obligations under the various employment laws.
- Support management with the recruitment and selection process. Source candidates, conduct interviews, provide salary recommendations, conduct reference checks and prepare offer letters as necessary.
- Support and progress internal strategic initiatives and projects.
- Develop and maintain role descriptions.
- Perform exit interviews.
- Maintain careers section on www.kudupump.com
- Compensation – source data to support rate increases.
- Maintain contact with third party vendors.
- Oversee monthly reconciliations and ensure timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
- Assist employees with immigration issues. Draft necessary communications, and advise employees on processes. Provide documentation to support the LMO process. Work with legal consultants when necessary.
- Manage the performance development and review program and provide support as necessary.
- Help drive key corporate culture activities & initiatives for the company.
- Negotiate renewal of benefit contract for domestic and expatriate benefit plan.
- Draft standard and non-standard correspondence (employment confirmation letters, leave letters, etc.).
- Monitor and analyze the HR group’s work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Co-ordinate bi-weekly team meetings and one on one meeting’s with team members.
- Establish annual goals and objectives with each direct report; monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development and succession planning of staff.
- Provide support to International locations as needed.
- Coordinate job fairs, and participate in local events to help support recruitment initiatives.
- Assist managers with addressing the training needs of their employee’s.
- Participate in Lean continuous improvement projects within the HR department.
- Support and adhere to all KUDU health and safety standards, with a focus on fleet and drug and alcohol testing.
- Participate in annual budget planning process establishing the HR group budget.
- Degree or diploma in Human Resources Management or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of solid HR generalist experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience working in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience providing HR support to satelite locations.
- Working knowledge of various employment laws.
- Working knowledge of Canadian payroll would be an asset.
- Proactive approach to problem solving and excellent attention to detail.
- Able to meet multiple deadlines concurrently.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Flexible; adaptable to change.
- Able to handle highly confidential information.
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills.
LOCATION: Calgary, AB
START DATE: April 22, 2013
DURATION: Maternity Leave Contract – 14 Months
ITEMS TO INCLUDE IN APPLICATION: Resume / Cover Letter
HOW TO APPLY: Please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume and cover letter for review.
CONTACT NAME: Amanda
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: April 8th, 2013
If you feel that you are uniquely qualified for this position please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume and cover letter for review.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those who most closely match KUDU’s requirements will be contacted.
All information submitted to Salopek & Associates remains in strict confidence.
Salopek & Associates Ltd. is a team of human resource and business consultants specializing in strategy, human resources and board governance. We are available on an on-call basis to help you attract, retain and develop the right people and to put effective processes in place that will grow your business.
For more information on Salopek & Associates please visit our company website: www.salopekconsulting.com
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.