Krown Rust Control Employee Reviews

Fun atmosphere working with the public
Customer service/ Secretary (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON2 November 2016
good job but no advancement available. decided to go back to school and get a degree in a field i enjoy. successfully graduated from the esthetics program with distinction
Excellent place to work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Saint John East, NB11 March 2016
Krown Rust Control was a great opportunity for me. My Co-workers were excellent in teaching me the about the business. I enjoyed working with the public. My position there was to answer phones and questions that the customer may have about the product. I booked appointments and called to remind them of their appointments.
Entered data daily and some accounting duties- simply accounting.
Krown Review
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON23 September 2015
Home office is a great. Customers and product are great.

Nothing can beat the product and where this company is going.

Just became international
Pros
Customers
Cons
long long hours
A busy day of work with good people
Floor Worker (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON20 April 2015
I worked at Krown twice for the busy fall season and both times it was a good-paying, busy job with many people coming through each day.
Fun place to work. Once you learn the duties and pace it is satisfying to work as part of a team and give great service to customers
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON7 February 2015
A day at work is repetitive. A customer will come in with a vehicle and we bring it in. We prep it then rustproof it, then wash it. On busy days you function like an assembly line with set jobs assigned to each employee.
Over years I have learned much about cars and the automotive industry.
I have also learned that having a good relationship with your co-workers is vital for success.
That said, getting along with others can be the hardest part, especially during the busier days.
The most enjoyable part is seeing a customer leave happy as well as proving to be an important part of the team.
Pros
Fun environment, free lunch on Saturdays during busy season
Cons
seasonal work
Everything Wrong With Todays Workplace
Oil Sprayer, Detailer (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON16 January 2015
9-5 job that is dirty and chemical filled. respirator 70% of the day or your heath could take a drastic down word spiral. Soaked to the bone every day in undercoating oil, witch soaks into your skin, and diluted cleaners. A job that should be compensated at least 15 $ an hour given the operator of the shop will keep your safety in mind, have a proper whimis and msds system in place and provide sufficient glasses and gloves and respirator equipment. Other wise stay away because it is not any sort of career path because the chemicals will get you. And if you do stay long enough to get good and take on more responsibility, do not expect any incentive or compensation because you will be treated like a worthless person regardless of work ethic and attitude because we are viewed as slaves. The position has been referenced as n****work by the operators who arbitrarily manage their employees wages on a friendship baias.
Pros
over time in busy season
Cons
no xmas party, no benifits, no saftey protcols, no outlined saftey procedure, shortage of hours, lay offs with 1 day notice
Keeping the grounds neat
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON18 March 2014
Lawn mowing, hedge trimming, and weeding when it was needed.
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
Seasonal
I had good hrs and worked days, easy going ownwers
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  cambridge28 May 2013
i liked the work that i did
and i learned a lot about cars and different aspects of them
i was the shop manager
the hardest part of the job was the yearly lay off
the most enjoyable was the learning and what i got to learn there and how i got to apply it
Pros
free lunches, easy going owners, avail. time off
Cons
lack of work laid off winter months
Productive Shop
Car Care Technician and Assistant Shop Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON22 January 2013
Productive shop. Rust proofed an average of 25-30 cars a day in a fast paced organized manner. Management was good but the owners hearts were not in it anymore. They were in the middle of selling the business. The co-workers were a group of hard working generous people. The hardest part of the job was being out in the cold weather but we were always dressed accordingly. the best part of the job was that u have your regular customers and you get to develope relationships making the day a lot better and more comfortable for everyone
Pros
paid luches and the staff
Cons
wheather
productive and fun place to work...very relaxed
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON28 August 2012
my typical day would be answering the phones, booking appointments. taking payment from customers. Make sure the co workers get the schedule of cars to do and the keys.
I clean the office and bathroom, make sure there is coffee, cream & sugar available.
Basically by myself in the office.
Have a great boss.
I love the job. I just wish it was year round.
Pros
.can wear whatever i want.
Cons
only seasonal sept. to jan.

2.9