Kroll Inc. Employee Reviews

Professional enviroment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN16 June 2016
Kroll was an extremely professional environment, the client was always the first priority. As a result there was never any problem with understanding the mission.
Interesting Business and People
Cyber Investigations Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NY4 October 2015
There are some very talented and smart people at Kroll, While the disorganization and high turnover of the c-suite creates a lot of stress on the employees, the work is really interesting and you do certainly feel like you are doing good for the clients and for the world at large.
very fast paced
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  New York, NY22 June 2015
job was pretty relaxed you monitor floors take calls instruct others where to go for meetings and your co- workers assisted you in the best way possible hardest part of the job was deliveries from fedex
I enjoyed the people I worked with and was close to home.
QA/QC Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO13 May 2015
Reviewing loan files daily. I improved my mortgage/compliance knowledge. The management made commitments that were not followed through. I am a team player and got along very well with my coworkers. Feeling secure in the position as they kept laying people off was the hardest part. I helped train on the programs and enjoyed working with others.
Pros
close to home
Cons
job security
great place to work
Vice President Sourcing (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MN12 March 2015
great place to work, nice people can't be beat, filed for bankruptcy so that was a downer. My boss was caring and understanding, even though he didnt know much about procurement he got his hands dirty with me and supported me in my role. The company had never had a centralized procurement team before and it took quite some effort to create one.
Decent Company but no advancement
Credit Controller II (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN25 February 2015
My typical work day involves taking calls from clients regarding past due invoices. I have learned how to use Great Plains in my current position. Management is pretty decent. I love my co-workers. The hardest part about my job is being pushy. I love being able to help clients.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
healthcare
Great company of professionals
NYC - Assistant Manager Elite Application Support (Former Employee) –  New York, NY19 February 2015
Some of the best personnel in their field. Made a great impact for all their clients they were contracted with to provide services. Became the global leader in their field because of their professionalism.
Reputable company, interesting work, great people.
Administrative Assistant / Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA22 September 2014
Lot's of interesting work and great people to work wit. Never a dull moment.
Nice place to work
Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CA5 September 2014
What I like most about Kroll is that they provided
excellent training on how to verify employment.
Good company to work for
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN23 July 2014
Nice company to work for everyone feel like family. Always busy with IT job.
what a mess
Public Records Researcher I (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN 372145 June 2014
Unreasonable production goals are required from supervisor/managers. The training for a new employee (unfamiliar with the industry) lasts for half of one day and the supervisor chooses an employee who is at their desk. So, I was trained by a co-worker who had only been with the company for two weeks.....so you can imagine we both had questions and relied on the more "experienced tenure" employees for answers. You would think that is who would be selected to help train a new employee - but being that production goals are unrealistic they would prefer the experienced to keep their head down and keep working. They micro-manage to the point that we were threatened if we didn't meet the daily goal and it was discovered that we hadn't been actively ordering services-management would deduct "clock out" 30 minutes increments. Kroll was acquired years ago, and now they are in the process migrated to the parent company HireRight and a different operation system. So, you are reminded often that a position might not be available when the full migration is implemented.

Great product and interesting work! The free coffee is a nice touch. It is a very secure work environment.
very challenging
records specialists (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN26 November 2013
I can't say anything about this company, it is a secured company.
Pros
true reports
Cons
the way they treat their employees for abiding by "their" rules
Intimidating environment and management, low pay
SPECIAL SERVICES RESEARCHER (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN5 August 2013
Although the job of background research itself is fascinating, this is an out of college 1st timer job.
High security environment makes you nervous.
Strict management.
Pros
Interesting research
Cons
Terrible pay
Great Place to work for those who nothing else that they are interested in.
Client Executive (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN24 June 2013
I quit after my manager sent me an email (really, they sent an email rather then call me) to inform me that I was not allowed to go on my honeymoon the day before I was to leave. Compensation is great and the company sells a great product, but if you have a family or are interested in doing anything other then working to receive little appreciation and no praise from management look else where.
Excellent place to work.
Legal Administrative Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie Minnesota22 March 2013
Liked the pay, hours and location, great people to work with.
Pros
great pay and people to work with
Dynamic A1 organization
Team Lead - Engineer 1 (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MN13 March 2013
Fast - paced fun and challenging
I've learned how to map drives, copy out data, download data
Young energetic open - miinded
Fun, smart, efficeinetly effective in all technologies, personable, very team oriented
At time keeping up woth the pace of things
My Co-workers
Pros
flexible work hours - business ccasual
Cons
24/7
Small company focused on people
Engineering Configuration Manager (Former Employee) –  Eden Praire, MN23 February 2013
Small company culture. Well defined roles. You know everyone and everyone knows you. Very helpful secretary who works very hard to get you anything that helps you do your job.

Very relaxed environment with water fall mindset. Company has well defined but rigid processes.

Some managers trying to improve the situation but legacy managers dragging their feet.

Company has decent budget for team building activities. Had company paid events almost every other month.
Pros
very nice canteen with helpful chefs
Cons
long tenure staff with legacy mind set leading
A data services firm that specializes in data recovery, legal technologies, and software.
Data Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MN13 December 2012
A fast paced, high energy position that balanced project management, account management, and account sales. Day to day tasks included managing new and existing business, as well as meetings with co-workers on larger engagements.

I really enjoyed interacting and learning the hardware and technology that goes into today's data storage world. Working closely with data recovery engineers was quite informative.

The most difficult part of this job focused on the on-call schedule, and sometimes working 60-70 hour weeks depending on client or account needs.
Pros
great benefits, and cutting edge technology training
Cons
high stress, easy to fall though the cracks for professional development.
Must have 2nd Job Supplemental
QA of Background Investigation(s) (Former Employee) –  Nashville, tn28 November 2012
Must have 2nd Job Supplemental. Leadership is deplorable, employees are miserable thus making environment stagnant.
Great place to work!
Inside Sales/New Business Development (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MN10 November 2012
Kroll was a great place to work and I enjoyed my time there very much. Co-workers, manager and my team were all great and fun to work with. I learned much about the legal technology software industry, having no software experience before. The hardest part of the job was not having enough time in the day to accomplish what I wanted. The most enjoyable was making sales, of course, and becomming a lead producer--beating out one who had five-years experience!
Pros
my manager was the best!
Cons
healthcare coverage was poor.

2.8