Kroll Inc. Employee Reviews

Professional enviroment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 16, 2016
Kroll was an extremely professional environment, the client was always the first priority. As a result there was never any problem with understanding the mission.
A data services firm that specializes in data recovery, legal technologies, and software.
Data Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNDecember 13, 2012
A fast paced, high energy position that balanced project management, account management, and account sales. Day to day tasks included managing new and existing business, as well as meetings with co-workers on larger engagements.

I really enjoyed interacting and learning the hardware and technology that goes into today's data storage world. Working closely with data recovery engineers was quite informative.

The most difficult part of this job focused on the on-call schedule, and sometimes working 60-70 hour weeks depending on client or account needs.
Pros
great benefits, and cutting edge technology training
Cons
high stress, easy to fall though the cracks for professional development.
Great Place to work for those who nothing else that they are interested in.
Client Executive (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 24, 2013
I quit after my manager sent me an email (really, they sent an email rather then call me) to inform me that I was not allowed to go on my honeymoon the day before I was to leave. Compensation is great and the company sells a great product, but if you have a family or are interested in doing anything other then working to receive little appreciation and no praise from management look else where.
I enjoyed the people I worked with and was close to home.
QA/QC Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 13, 2015
Reviewing loan files daily. I improved my mortgage/compliance knowledge. The management made commitments that were not followed through. I am a team player and got along very well with my coworkers. Feeling secure in the position as they kept laying people off was the hardest part. I helped train on the programs and enjoyed working with others.
Pros
close to home
Cons
job security
Interesting Business and People
Cyber Investigations Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 4, 2015
There are some very talented and smart people at Kroll, While the disorganization and high turnover of the c-suite creates a lot of stress on the employees, the work is really interesting and you do certainly feel like you are doing good for the clients and for the world at large.
Nice to work for a starter
QA engineer (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNApril 9, 2012
Their interview process is really picky, but once you get in its not really hectic. You don't have to be very experienced to work at kroll, MN. There is definitely micromanagement, depends on the team. I was reporting direct to higher management who were very professional and friendly, lower management need to get trained a bit on handling issues, quality processes etc...There is micro management in many teams. I would not go back to Kroll if I have to be working for any other team than I worked for.

Please write reviews, not just read, will be helpful to others and even companies might get better one day.
Pros
donuts on payday, friendly, no formals, work on their proprietary systems
Cons
micromanagement in most of the teams
very fast paced
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2015
job was pretty relaxed you monitor floors take calls instruct others where to go for meetings and your co- workers assisted you in the best way possible hardest part of the job was deliveries from fedex
Decent Company but no advancement
Credit Controller II (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 25, 2015
My typical work day involves taking calls from clients regarding past due invoices. I have learned how to use Great Plains in my current position. Management is pretty decent. I love my co-workers. The hardest part about my job is being pushy. I love being able to help clients.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
healthcare
Very productive, fun, learning experience
Litigation Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEApril 6, 2012
Sorting through documents to based on the client terms. I learned how to maintain confidentality, time management. I enjoyed working with me co-workers. We would have a good time and everybody got along very well. I would say if you did not have enough sleep throughout the day, i would suggest that you do especially working 3rd shift. Some times you will have a busy night and slow night....that's hardest part about this job. I enjoyed everything about this job. The work performed, my co-workers, the pay and the hours I worked.
Small company focused on people
Engineering Configuration Manager (Former Employee) –  Eden Praire, MNFebruary 23, 2013
Small company culture. Well defined roles. You know everyone and everyone knows you. Very helpful secretary who works very hard to get you anything that helps you do your job.

Very relaxed environment with water fall mindset. Company has well defined but rigid processes.

Some managers trying to improve the situation but legacy managers dragging their feet.

Company has decent budget for team building activities. Had company paid events almost every other month.
Pros
very nice canteen with helpful chefs
Cons
long tenure staff with legacy mind set leading
what a mess
Public Records Researcher I (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN 37214June 5, 2014
Unreasonable production goals are required from supervisor/managers. The training for a new employee (unfamiliar with the industry) lasts for half of one day and the supervisor chooses an employee who is at their desk. So, I was trained by a co-worker who had only been with the company for two weeks.....so you can imagine we both had questions and relied on the more "experienced tenure" employees for answers. You would think that is who would be selected to help train a new employee - but being that production goals are unrealistic they would prefer the experienced to keep their head down and keep working. They micro-manage to the point that we were threatened if we didn't meet the daily goal and it was discovered that we hadn't been actively ordering services-management would deduct "clock out" 30 minutes increments. Kroll was acquired years ago, and now they are in the process migrated to the parent company HireRight and a different operation system. So, you are reminded often that a position might not be available when the full migration is implemented.

Great product and interesting work! The free coffee is a nice touch. It is a very secure work environment.
great place to work
Vice President Sourcing (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMarch 12, 2015
great place to work, nice people can't be beat, filed for bankruptcy so that was a downer. My boss was caring and understanding, even though he didnt know much about procurement he got his hands dirty with me and supported me in my role. The company had never had a centralized procurement team before and it took quite some effort to create one.
Background Screening Company
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDAugust 1, 2012
Maintained Online Review and Pre-Quality Assurance of external client and applicant submission requests
 Processed Social Review for all clients and ordered the appropriate searches per client guidelines
 Conducted Quality Assurance on Services, such as driving records, business credit, international criminal records and credit history summarizations
 Administered final dispositions based on client’s matrix for a majority of clients. This included all low complexity, high complexity, and priority client matrices
 Achieved and maintained production goals as outlined
Pros
opportunities available to learn new skills
Cons
laid off, job went to india
TrialGraphix/Kroll Ontrack
ASSOCIATE ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houston,TxSeptember 18, 2012
My typical day I would make 50-60 calls and sent out emails to attorneys. We would sale trial consulting services. We had several different managers and they were all different. Some were better than others. I loved my co-workers. We had a small office and we were a family there in the Houston office. This job was not very hard for me. I guess the hardest part was getting people to open up about what trials they have coming up. Most enjoyable part of my job was my co-workers and my hours. I have a very good life balance.
Pros
great office location and co-workers
Cons
no growth opportunity
Great company of professionals
NYC - Assistant Manager Elite Application Support (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 19, 2015
Some of the best personnel in their field. Made a great impact for all their clients they were contracted with to provide services. Became the global leader in their field because of their professionalism.
Excellent company to work for
Inside Sales/New Business Development (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNOctober 21, 2012
Kroll Ontrack was a great company to work for. I felt management cared about me and did all they could to make me as successful as possible in my inside sales business development position.

Unfortunately, my department was shut down. I would go back in a minute!
Pros
excellent working conditions. caring management. great cafeteria.
Great place to work!
Inside Sales/New Business Development (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNNovember 10, 2012
Kroll was a great place to work and I enjoyed my time there very much. Co-workers, manager and my team were all great and fun to work with. I learned much about the legal technology software industry, having no software experience before. The hardest part of the job was not having enough time in the day to accomplish what I wanted. The most enjoyable was making sales, of course, and becomming a lead producer--beating out one who had five-years experience!
Pros
my manager was the best!
Cons
healthcare coverage was poor.
Intimidating environment and management, low pay
SPECIAL SERVICES RESEARCHER (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 5, 2013
Although the job of background research itself is fascinating, this is an out of college 1st timer job.
High security environment makes you nervous.
Strict management.
Pros
interesting research
Cons
terrible pay
Unstructured ~ Discerning ~ Mostly Female Population
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION(S) (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 16, 2012
Experienced Need Not Apply; unless however are needing the experience reflected on your resume.
Pros
great on resume
Cons
extreme micro-management, continued surveillance
Great document review environment
Contract Attorney (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 24, 2012
Professional environment where contract attorneys are treated with respect. It was very refreshing to be treated like a grown-up. The review platform is very reliable and there was very little down time. Expectations were clearly communicated and feedback was positive and encouraging

2.8