Kraft

Kraft Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not bad once you get used to it.
Quality Control/Assistant Machine Operator (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJune 13, 2014
Pros: paid breaks, accommodating management
Cons: long hours, continental shifts, tiring work
Long, 12-hour, continental shifts do feel like they take up most of your life but it's not a hard job and there's usually enough to do to pass the time fairly quick. Management were always very understanding and kind but the managers for Kelly Services (the temp agency I went through) weren't always coordinated. Easy but repetitive job and not nearly – more... as bad as it first seems. – less
Great Place to Work
Project Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 7, 2014
Pros: work-life balance, positive work environment
Cons: stability for contractors is not possible
Great place to work, with many invaluable experiences! The only complaint is that there is not much opportunity to convert temporary employees to full-time salaried staff.
Fun place to work with strong brands
Sales Representative- Major Retail (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 25, 2014
as a sales rep I typically spend the entire day by myself. I am required to see a predetermined list of stores per day. I have 45 stores in my territory.

The hardest part of the job is increasing on last years numbers in a highly competitive category of biscuit sales, due to comepetition, pricing and trends.

The company is great to work for, supportive, – more... great benefits and options for a tailored work/life balance. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Machine-Operator (Former Employee), TorontoApril 15, 2014
Productive and fun workplace for work
I like work at this place,but it closed
Fast pace production with opportunity to learn
Machine Operator/ Packer Feeder (Former Employee), Nort York, OnApril 3, 2014
Duties and responsibilities

• Operating various candy packing, twisting and case packing machines.
• Prepare the machines for change over, make sure the previous candy was run out, clean the machine properly and set up for new flavour.
• Change the data in the computer after change over and enter new data as per production sheet from Team Leaders office.
 – more... Monitor and inspect the finished product at regular intervals to ensure that it meets quality, weight and thickness specifications update quality production report in the system regular intervals.
• Checking expiry and manufacturing dates printed accurately and make sure the cases sealed properly.
• Monitor the candy on conveyor all time and inform other operators and team leader if found any defects.
• Trouble shoots machinery if necessary and informs the mechanic and Team Leader in case of major complaints.
• Assist mechanics with downtime maintenance repair.
• Weigh the scrapes and attach the print out from the computer.
• Maintain and care the machinery such as lubrication.
• Consistently maintain a clean and hazard free work area.
• Responsible for performing other duties as assigned. – less
Quality Control Clerk (Former Employee), Oakville, OntarioFebruary 28, 2014
Was a great place to work. Manager was great to work with along with the staff.
N/A
Pallet Builder/Picker (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 15, 2014
Friendly atmosphere
Team effort
The position where i was working is discontinued
great enviroment fun to work
labourer (Former Employee), productionFebruary 12, 2014
long hours pay worth it great people great cafeteria good breaks good tastin cheese
Confusing culture,
Quality Manager (Former Employee), Ingleside, ONJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: excellent pay
Cons: long hours, no appreciation, confusing objectives
A typical day was reading and answering emails, attending meetings.
I learned that people can give the impression of knowledge with out actually having it, sometimes function is sacrificed for form. Management is negative that is to say performance appraisals are geared to show you where you need to improve with very little emphasis on strengths or – more... use of strengths. Coworkers have an offensive strategy for job security.
The hardest part of the job was understanding the expectations, which turned out to be more Form than Function.
There were no enjoyable parts of the job – less
Very relaxed work environment
Walkie Operator (Former Employee), BramptonDecember 14, 2013
Start your shift by a meeting, log in your rf scanner and start to order pick.
My typical day at work and the whole experience
Maintenance Mechanic/ Millwright (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 11, 2013
Pros: got a pass to take home samples of the products
Cons: 8 to 12 hours
I get to work at 7:00 am in the morning. I ensure that the line equipment are in safe and efficient working order. I've worked at the company for 30 years and have learned that hard work is the best policy and being a strong team player get more work done.

Management was very cooperative and very organized. Working at the factory for so long people – more... of different culture and background come in and out, however I have had a wonderful experience with all my co-workers.

There was no part of my job that was too difficult I must say that at time it could get a bit challenging, but it was nothing i could not overcome. The most enjoyable part of the job was basically the whole experience, with working in such an environment with people who i got to know over the years and love as close friends and family. – less
A good company to work for.
Service helper, steam room operator, tugger (Current Employee), Toronto OntarioSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: the ability to enhance our salary with a fair share of overtime.
Cons: a reputed company that loves to eliminate unionized facilities.
A workday is usually a well organized affair,working for a bakery has meant a lot of attention to G.M.Ps and the management do try to interact with employees in a reasonable manner while at the same time expecting everyone to do their part to deliver the expected results for the shareholders. At the lakeshore bakery we had a diverse community where – more... everyone learnt to live and work with cultures from all over the globe, lasting friendships were made, relationships were born and in the end we were just like a big family.
The hardest part of the job as in any other multicultural place was to overcome the racial walls and find a place to fit in this community. The work in itself was enjoyable. Reaching our goal of achieving 6 Sigma on every production line was enjoyable too but the most enjoyable part of the job was our ability to provide our family with a decent way of living. – less
23 years of employment great job
Manufaturing (Former Employee), Cobourg, ONSeptember 4, 2013
I started as a packer then went on to learn just about every manufacturing job there. I then moved to the warehouse where I was able to load and unload trucks, assuring a safe and road ready load.
Maintained inventory accuracy.
Opportunity to work with top tier UGI company, provided broad understanding of customer vendor relationships
Credit Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 23, 2013
Dedicated, passionate people made the difference, a growing environment within a fast growing company
productive and learning work experiance
Machine Operator (Former Employee), East York, ONJuly 4, 2013
Pros: free lunches, dinners other gift cards
Cons: long hours, noisy.
Normally starting and ending the shift on time made me punctual in work and normal daily life.
With working in a team i learnt how to play a part to the best as a team member.
In stressed time with good colleagues it was awesome to overcome the stress.
The hardest part use to be when machine get break down and the assigned production target in lagging – more... behind.
The most enjoyable part in work was to have colleagues which are always at hand to help. – less
Good place to work and for advancement.
Buyer's Assistant (Current Employee), Oakville, ONJune 11, 2013
Very busy, working with samples. Got good exposure to Green Coffee industry and learned a lot from my manager who has vast knowledge of Green Coffee.

The most enjoyable part of job is to cup Green Coffee.
summer student and mixer helper (Former Employee), Scarborough ONMay 14, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: long shifts
It was a good working place , every one was friendly hardest part was the lifting the most enjoyable part was the pay check
Great place too work
General Labourer (Former Employee), Exeter, ONMay 3, 2013
Pros: after work we would sometimes meet for lunch, or supper, or a few beverages and realx and enjoy the rest of the day or night.
Cons: sometimes hard on the social life but hey, no worries.
I worked various different shifts from 8 hr days too 14 hr days it was all good, loved it there, co-workers were terrific, bosses great, work place clean and fun,the hard part was that when the plant closed and too have to say goodbye to my friends and co-workers.over all I really really loved going too work each and everyday there.
Fast Paced production enviroment.
Operations & Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Oakville PlantApril 21, 2013
Demand changes would require schedule changes and an eye for detail to ensure compliance.
I learned how lean manifacturing works. Focus on standard work helped keep the day on track.
The management team reviewd the daily progress and addressed issues as they happened to keep on top.
The floor team accepted the changes as they happened.
Good Colleagues
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Progress Ave ScarboroughApril 18, 2013
Pros: love the people i work with
Cons: work for a agency, that does not care about its workers.
Great colleagues good work environment. Love my job learn new things every day.

1 2 3 4 5