Kraft Heinz Company Employee Reviews

Fast Paced production enviroment.
Operations & Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oakville Plant21 April 2013
Demand changes would require schedule changes and an eye for detail to ensure compliance.
I learned how lean manifacturing works. Focus on standard work helped keep the day on track.
The management team reviewd the daily progress and addressed issues as they happened to keep on top.
The floor team accepted the changes as they happened.
Great place too work
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Exeter, ON3 May 2013
I worked various different shifts from 8 hr days too 14 hr days it was all good, loved it there, co-workers were terrific, bosses great, work place clean and fun,the hard part was that when the plant closed and too have to say goodbye to my friends and co-workers.over all I really really loved going too work each and everyday there.
Pros
after work we would sometimes meet for lunch, or supper, or a few beverages and realx and enjoy the rest of the day or night.
Cons
sometimes hard on the social life but hey, no worries.
Productive and fun workplace
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 March 2013
Even though Kraft foods is a fun workplace and employees get excellent work environment. It is unfortunate that employees get limited opportunities of progressing in their career.
Pros
excellent work environment
Cons
rotating schedule
Awesome Culture
Material Planner/Vendor Scheduler (Former Employee) –  St. Marys, ON14 May 2015
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, I will be accountable for the execution of corporate procurement objectives and programs aimed at reducing our cost of goods and improve working capital. Procurement of direct raw materials as well as contracts & services for the organization will be a large component of this position.
Pros
Working aside professionals who really care about you and company
Cons
Contract position
Productive work environment with Kind workers
Temp (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 February 2013
Worked 12 hours shifts, very exhausting. other workers were mostly kind, management was very kind and very helpful.
Pros
lots of hours of work
Cons
very exhausting
Productive and fun place to work
Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakville, On14 July 2015
well organized and managed workplace.
Learned about lean manufacturing
Team atmosphere
Clear direction from upper management
Very good place to work and they are very safety concerned
Environmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ingleside11 June 2015
I was in a very specialized position and had certain duties aside from others . A large amount of freedom to work at my own pace and to develop and exchange ideas. They are not very open to new and innovative ideas.
Hardest part was to present ideas in a way that would get action taken on them.
Pros
free coffee
Kraft was a great company to work for.High emphasis on both food and employee safety
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON10 January 2013
It was fun.It had it,s momentsCleaning(food colouring,pick a colour).great people to work with(still in touch with many of them.The line i worked on the most made five pounds cans of dry beverage.We achiedved a record of 7200 case in one shift.The Cobourg plant closed.That record still stands!
Pros
great co-workers, managers job environment, focus on work and food safety
Cons
plant closing
Fast pace production with opportunity to learn
Machine Operator/ Packer Feeder (Former Employee) –  Nort York, On3 April 2014
Duties and responsibilities

• Operating various candy packing, twisting and case packing machines.
• Prepare the machines for change over, make sure the previous candy was run out, clean the machine properly and set up for new flavour.
• Change the data in the computer after change over and enter new data as per production sheet from Team Leaders office.
• Monitor and inspect the finished product at regular intervals to ensure that it meets quality, weight and thickness specifications update quality production report in the system regular intervals.
• Checking expiry and manufacturing dates printed accurately and make sure the cases sealed properly.
• Monitor the candy on conveyor all time and inform other operators and team leader if found any defects.
• Trouble shoots machinery if necessary and informs the mechanic and Team Leader in case of major complaints.
• Assist mechanics with downtime maintenance repair.
• Weigh the scrapes and attach the print out from the computer.
• Maintain and care the machinery such as lubrication.
• Consistently maintain a clean and hazard free work area.
• Responsible for performing other duties as assigned.
production packer
packer (Former Employee) –  toronto2 November 2014
Working at Kraft was a full time job in the summers between University. I learned how to work quickly and efficiently because everyone on the production line was dependent on everyone else. I picked up and packed cookies into chutes as it was coming out of an oven down a production line. Noticing quality issues with baked goods and on packaging was a big part of the job.
Pros
great christmas dinners
Cons
only getting student wages
not a good experience
Temporary seasonal worker (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON30 October 2014
- found out your schedule for the week the first day of that same week... not well planned
- everyone I worked with was miserable
- decent pay
- fired without warning or explanation
Great workplace
Bilingual Consumer Affairs Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto30 October 2012
Respond to consumers inquiries via phone, email and fax. The team is great, they make the days go by fast and we have a lot of fun.
Pros
great team.
Cons
no advancement opportunities
Kraft Foods is a very good place to work
Team leader, Packer (Former Employee) –  East York,22 November 2012
Kraft foods has 4 different sifts you can work.
management has an open door rule.
The hardest part of the job is that it is very fast work.
Pros
good pay rates
Cons
very hard on your body
Great people to work with
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 September 2015
Most enjoyable part of the job was the people at the office. Friendly dynamic overall.

Company holds accountable with monthly metrics and KPI's
Pros
Meritocracy
Cons
Frugal Budgets
Loved working here! Great workplace environment!
Can poker, Depal operater (Former Employee) –  Leamington,Ontario21 February 2012
When I worked for the Heinz company of Canada, I loved it! I never had any complaints. I worked full time in the season, My age was never questioned with my skill or intelligence, They saw I wanted to work, and they let me work by myself for the most part. All most all the staff there is extremely nice, very easy to get along with!
Pros
get to bring products home!
Cons
n/a
Fun and accomadating work place
Warehouse/Logistics (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 August 2015
I enjoyed my time at Kraft. Although I was hired as part time initially I was often able to work a full 40 hour week.
The pay was very good and the job even helped keep me in shape.
Pros
$$$
Cons
sometimes tough on my back
Was a great place to learn and grow
IT Business Relationship Mgr/ IT Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON1 May 2015
My position had all the responsibilities of very large corporations and that was exciting. You had the ability to get involved and learn many areas of the business, local and global. Corporate direction changed for Canada and this cause many people to be let go.
Productive workplace.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON9 September 2013
I'm only a seasonal employee and have only been here since July and I can easily say that it's a great working environment. I usually work on the line and my co-workers, and supervisors have made it a great experience so far. The work is explained in detail and they always help and watch until you feel that you have the hang of things. Everyone there is very nice and easily approachable.
Team atmosphere
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON21 February 2014
The work completion was based on a team strategy. All employees acquired their skills without the help from management. All training was passed down as you groomed yourself with the trust of fellow employees.
Hard place to work, no set shifts or start times from day to day
Waste Management, Machine Operator, Janitor (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON24 February 2014
I learned about Food Processing which entailed training in HACCP, and CCP points. I learned about CFIA paperwork and the importance it carried to the overall production and accountability to the CFIA.
Pros
Knowledge
Cons
no set hours, we found out at 2pm what time/shift we were on the next day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kraft Heinz Company. Our community is ready to answer.