Kraft Heinz Company

Kraft Heinz Company Employee Reviews

production packer
packer (Former Employee) –  torontoNovember 2, 2014
Working at Kraft was a full time job in the summers between University. I learned how to work quickly and efficiently because everyone on the production line was dependent on everyone else. I picked up and packed cookies into chutes as it was coming out of an oven down a production line. Noticing quality issues with baked goods and on packaging was a big part of the job.
Pros
great christmas dinners
Cons
only getting student wages
One of the best companies I have ever worked for. This was a very progressive safety-oriented place to be employed.
Industrial/Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ONMarch 16, 2015
Enjoyed co-opping with H. J. Heinz Co. of Canada. Enjoyed being valued for cost-saving ideas that were implemented from my research and then ideas.
not a good experience
Temporary seasonal worker (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ONOctober 30, 2014
- found out your schedule for the week the first day of that same week... not well planned
- everyone I worked with was miserable
- decent pay
- fired without warning or explanation
Fast pace production with opportunity to learn
Machine Operator/ Packer Feeder (Former Employee) –  Nort York, OnApril 3, 2014
Duties and responsibilities

• Operating various candy packing, twisting and case packing machines.
• Prepare the machines for change over, make sure the previous candy was run out, clean the machine properly and set up for new flavour.
• Change the data in the computer after change over and enter new data as per production sheet from Team Leaders office.
• Monitor and inspect the finished product at regular intervals to ensure that it meets quality, weight and thickness specifications update quality production report in the system regular intervals.
• Checking expiry and manufacturing dates printed accurately and make sure the cases sealed properly.
• Monitor the candy on conveyor all time and inform other operators and team leader if found any defects.
• Trouble shoots machinery if necessary and informs the mechanic and Team Leader in case of major complaints.
• Assist mechanics with downtime maintenance repair.
• Weigh the scrapes and attach the print out from the computer.
• Maintain and care the machinery such as lubrication.
• Consistently maintain a clean and hazard free work area.
• Responsible for performing other duties as assigned.
Kraft was a great company to work for.High emphasis on both food and employee safety
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ONJanuary 10, 2013
It was fun.It had it,s momentsCleaning(food colouring,pick a colour).great people to work with(still in touch with many of them.The line i worked on the most made five pounds cans of dry beverage.We achiedved a record of 7200 case in one shift.The Cobourg plant closed.That record still stands!
Pros
great co-workers, managers job environment, focus on work and food safety
Cons
plant closing
Enjoy the mix of old and new equipment to work on
Line One Oreo Line Mechanic East York (Former Employee) –  East York, TorontoJanuary 21, 2015
Good group of people that are friendly and easy to fit in with. Helpful and good at cross training.
Pros
kraft contract had good potention to become full time
Cons
new employees required to work all weekend shifts for a good 2 years
Great workplace
Bilingual Consumer Affairs Representative (Current Employee) –  TorontoOctober 30, 2012
Respond to consumers inquiries via phone, email and fax. The team is great, they make the days go by fast and we have a lot of fun.
Pros
great team.
Cons
no advancement opportunities
Kraft Foods is a very good place to work
Team leader, Packer (Former Employee) –  East York,November 22, 2012
Kraft foods has 4 different sifts you can work.
management has an open door rule.
The hardest part of the job is that it is very fast work.
Pros
good pay rates
Cons
very hard on your body
Loved working here! Great workplace environment!
Can poker, Depal operater (Former Employee) –  Leamington,OntarioFebruary 21, 2012
When I worked for the Heinz company of Canada, I loved it! I never had any complaints. I worked full time in the season, My age was never questioned with my skill or intelligence, They saw I wanted to work, and they let me work by myself for the most part. All most all the staff there is extremely nice, very easy to get along with!
Pros
get to bring products home!
Cons
n/a
Team atmosphere
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ONFebruary 21, 2014
The work completion was based on a team strategy. All employees acquired their skills without the help from management. All training was passed down as you groomed yourself with the trust of fellow employees.
Productive workplace.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ONSeptember 9, 2013
I'm only a seasonal employee and have only been here since July and I can easily say that it's a great working environment. I usually work on the line and my co-workers, and supervisors have made it a great experience so far. The work is explained in detail and they always help and watch until you feel that you have the hang of things. Everyone there is very nice and easily approachable.
Never a dull day
Mondelez, Machine Operator/Technician (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONFebruary 11, 2015
Was a good place to move around in, many different jobs that you could move on to under one roof. Hope to find another place that is close to being the same.
Hard place to work, no set shifts or start times from day to day
Waste Management, Machine Operator, Janitor (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ONFebruary 24, 2014
I learned about Food Processing which entailed training in HACCP, and CCP points. I learned about CFIA paperwork and the importance it carried to the overall production and accountability to the CFIA.
Pros
knowledge
Cons
no set hours, we found out at 2pm what time/shift we were on the next day
Suitable work environment
QC Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONFebruary 11, 2015
A suitable job which helps one support its family with ease. One attains the opportunity to work with hard working and trustworthy co workers
Good opportunity for a new nurse
Professional Health Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Leamington, OnDecember 1, 2013
This position was a contract position, I was only hired to complete Vision and Hearing testing on employees. Although my time was short there I enjoyed my position. I learned alot from the on staff RN
Pros
good staff, clean environment, learning experience
Cons
company closure
a family oriented company
John O Butler Company (Former Employee) –  kitchener-waterlooJanuary 8, 2014
A very pleasant environment. Everyone worked as one unit with management working as hard as the field sales people.
Stable organization to work for
Sales System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioJuly 24, 2012
Stable organization to work for with good senior management
summer student and mixer helper (Former Employee) –  Scarborough ONMay 14, 2013
It was a good working place , every one was friendly hardest part was the lifting the most enjoyable part was the pay check
Pros
good pay
Cons
long shifts
Opportunity to work with top tier UGI company, provided broad understanding of customer vendor relationships
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 23, 2013
Dedicated, passionate people made the difference, a growing environment within a fast growing company
productive workplace
Business Unit Leader (Current Employee) –  Ingleside, ONMarch 25, 2013
overall good experience, good corporate culture with strong values and achievable objetives