Kraft Heinz Company Employee Reviews

Great people and fun company to work for
Senior National Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2015
Lots of room for growth internally. Heavy focus on development of employees and will move you up quick if you work hard and play the game. Can have long hours and heavily process intensive with unneeded complexity
Enjoy working with different types of personalities.
Journeyman Electrician & Controls (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON1 February 2014
Very challenging on start ups in the morning. Learning how to troubleshoot on equipment that is very old up to newer equipment. Management is overstretched. My co-workers can be counted on for support. The hardest part of the job is knowing it's almost over. And the most enjoyable part of the job is the experiences I will take with me.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Closing
I love to work with kraft, if they have any vacancy in future
Mixer/ Enrober (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2013
My begining is a typical day at work, i don't know how to pack cookies and crakers in tray, it is very hard to pick up cookies on belt, but after few days it is ok.

I learn many things specially packing, mixing and food environment .
Management is very good.
My co-worker is very helpfull and assist if needed.
To pick up and pack the cookies from belt.
The pay rate and benifit
Productive and fun place to work
Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oakville, On14 July 2015
well organized and managed workplace.
Learned about lean manufacturing
Team atmosphere
Clear direction from upper management
Great Place to Work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 June 2014
Great place to work, with many invaluable experiences! The only complaint is that there is not much opportunity to convert temporary employees to full-time salaried staff.
Pros
Work-Life Balance, Positive Work Environment
Cons
Stability for contractors is not possible
Fast Paced production enviroment.
Operations & Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oakville Plant21 April 2013
Demand changes would require schedule changes and an eye for detail to ensure compliance.
I learned how lean manifacturing works. Focus on standard work helped keep the day on track.
The management team reviewd the daily progress and addressed issues as they happened to keep on top.
The floor team accepted the changes as they happened.
Safe
Intern Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 February 2013
As a mechanic, Kraft foods is a nice place to work. The schedule is 3x12 hours plus the possibility of over time on the week ends. People are friendly and the management is not over controlling. Work is slow, but when something breaks, you need to work and fix it as fast as possible which is something I liked. Overall I would enjoy working there as a full time mechanic
Plant closing
Certified Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON15 June 2014
It's been a good 7 years. It's a shame the plant had to close, I really enjoyed my job. Too bad there was a lot of poor attitudes and most weren't happy with a good paying job. People abused the attendance policy. It is what it is, the plant is closing june 25 and it does not surprise me with the way it was being ran.
Pros
benefits and salary
Cons
everything else
Productive and fun workplace
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 March 2013
Even though Kraft foods is a fun workplace and employees get excellent work environment. It is unfortunate that employees get limited opportunities of progressing in their career.
Pros
excellent work environment
Cons
rotating schedule
Organized
Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON24 December 2014
Very well run plant that was organized but shut down due to plant being moved to another country to cut down employee cost. it was a good job but seemed to lay off quite a bit to not allow the worker to receive full pay and health care benefits.
Pros
good hours
Cons
lay offs were on the norm
We work responsibly, during breaks we enjoy talking in the cafeteria
Lead Hand (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 November 2012
Work in a very hot envionment, especially during the summer.
employees are dedicated to their job, and stayed with the company until now. Kraft is closing it's companies in Canada.
Pros
work schedule, benefits, vacation leave, pension
Cons
heat strokes, company closing
It was a wonderfull time.
General Labour (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 February 2013
It was a very good time and the staff was very helpfull and comprehensive.I loved woking with Kelly Services but as a security guard licenced I could not go back to continue with them.
Pros
more lunch times (every two hrs)
Cons
long hours (12)
Reasonable place to work.
Walkie operator-reach (Current Employee) –  Stoneycreek30 September 2012
Fast pace and resonalble place to work.Employees working there should have first opportunity to train for upcoming positions since they have the experience needed to make operations move at a better pace with less mistakes and more efficient productivity.The majority of people I work with are focused on what their doing and conscious of safety.there is far to much product reaching best before dates within the warehouse or close to it.Someone is sleeping at the wheel costing time,costing product and wasting space that could be better utilised.
Pros
enjoyable atmosphere
Cons
walkie operators should have wages set at $14.00 to start since their doing the brunt of the work.
HJ Heinz
Warehouse Labourer (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON10 March 2014
My typical day as of right now consists of managing and properly keeping a fully automated robot stocked with product so that production of pallets can continue on a regular basis. Over the years at Heinz ive learned many things.What I have learned that may appeal to you is the number one goal any employer wantss and thats saftey, its not anyone persons responsibility, its everyones. I have learned how to properly load trucks by weight , size of the trailer and how many pallets are on the particular load, ie . 53 foot trailer equals 28 spots on the floor , or 30 when product is loaded wide ways side by side, keep it light on the nose and light on the rear axles for proper weight distribusion.
Busy organizational environment
Sales Trainee (Former Employee) –  Madrid, MD2 August 2012
Working in Kraft Foods was a really enriching opportunity both professionally and personally talking. It was a very busy environment, where organization was the main clue to reach company's goals and meeting deadlines.
Responsibilities were not the same every day, as taking part of a dynamic team and context, but commun tasks were generating sales reports, assisting the key-accounts team in their commercial presentations
Pros
good and supportive work environment, social activities, food discounts for employees
Cons
job instability: as one of the 15 trainees, we didn't know if we'll be able to stay in the company after one-year train.
Productive work environment with Kind workers
Temp (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 February 2013
Worked 12 hours shifts, very exhausting. other workers were mostly kind, management was very kind and very helpful.
Pros
lots of hours of work
Cons
very exhausting
Great place to work, until they picked up and moved it all over the country....
Machine Operator / General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON9 August 2012
Great company to work for..... Economic times forced them to relocated the lines elsewhere..
Pros
great benefits, great pay.....
Awesome Culture
Material Planner/Vendor Scheduler (Former Employee) –  St. Marys, ON14 May 2015
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, I will be accountable for the execution of corporate procurement objectives and programs aimed at reducing our cost of goods and improve working capital. Procurement of direct raw materials as well as contracts & services for the organization will be a large component of this position.
Pros
Working aside professionals who really care about you and company
Cons
Contract position
Team atmosphere
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON21 February 2014
The work completion was based on a team strategy. All employees acquired their skills without the help from management. All training was passed down as you groomed yourself with the trust of fellow employees.
not a good experience
Temporary seasonal worker (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON30 October 2014
- found out your schedule for the week the first day of that same week... not well planned
- everyone I worked with was miserable
- decent pay
- fired without warning or explanation