Kraft Heinz Company

Kraft Heinz Company Employee Reviews

Not bad once you get used to it.
Quality Control/Assistant Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 June 2014
Long, 12-hour, continental shifts do feel like they take up most of your life but it's not a hard job and there's usually enough to do to pass the time fairly quick. Management were always very understanding and kind but the managers for Kelly Services (the temp agency I went through) weren't always coordinated. Easy but repetitive job and not nearly as bad as it first seems.
Pros
Paid breaks, accommodating management
Cons
Long hours, continental shifts, tiring work
Great Place to Work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 June 2014
Great place to work, with many invaluable experiences! The only complaint is that there is not much opportunity to convert temporary employees to full-time salaried staff.
Pros
Work-Life Balance, Positive Work Environment
Cons
Stability for contractors is not possible
Fun place to work with strong brands
Sales Representative- Major Retail (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 April 2014
as a sales rep I typically spend the entire day by myself. I am required to see a predetermined list of stores per day. I have 45 stores in my territory.

The hardest part of the job is increasing on last years numbers in a highly competitive category of biscuit sales, due to comepetition, pricing and trends.

The company is great to work for, supportive, great benefits and options for a tailored work/life balance.
Productive and fun workplace
Machine-Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto15 April 2014
Productive and fun workplace for work
I like work at this place,but it closed
Fast pace production with opportunity to learn
Machine Operator/ Packer Feeder (Former Employee) –  Nort York, On3 April 2014
Duties and responsibilities

• Operating various candy packing, twisting and case packing machines.
• Prepare the machines for change over, make sure the previous candy was run out, clean the machine properly and set up for new flavour.
• Change the data in the computer after change over and enter new data as per production sheet from Team Leaders office.
• Monitor and inspect the finished product at regular intervals to ensure that it meets quality, weight and thickness specifications update quality production report in the system regular intervals.
• Checking expiry and manufacturing dates printed accurately and make sure the cases sealed properly.
• Monitor the candy on conveyor all time and inform other operators and team leader if found any defects.
• Trouble shoots machinery if necessary and informs the mechanic and Team Leader in case of major complaints.
• Assist mechanics with downtime maintenance repair.
• Weigh the scrapes and attach the print out from the computer.
• Maintain and care the machinery such as lubrication.
• Consistently maintain a clean and hazard free work area.
• Responsible for performing other duties as assigned.
HJ Heinz
Warehouse Labourer (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON10 March 2014
My typical day as of right now consists of managing and properly keeping a fully automated robot stocked with product so that production of pallets can continue on a regular basis. Over the years at Heinz ive learned many things.What I have learned that may appeal to you is the number one goal any employer wantss and thats saftey, its not anyone persons responsibility, its everyones. I have learned how to properly load trucks by weight , size of the trailer and how many pallets are on the particular load, ie . 53 foot trailer equals 28 spots on the floor , or 30 when product is loaded wide ways side by side, keep it light on the nose and light on the rear axles for proper weight distribusion.
Worst place I have ever worked! So glad it's shutting down!
WAREHOUSE RECORDS CLERK (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON2 March 2014
This place is horrible and should have the human rights commission intervene in their abusive behavior. I am in the process of suing them and would warn anyone to stay far away!!
Quality Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oakville, Ontario28 February 2014
Was a great place to work. Manager was great to work with along with the staff.
Hard place to work, no set shifts or start times from day to day
Waste Management, Machine Operator, Janitor (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON24 February 2014
I learned about Food Processing which entailed training in HACCP, and CCP points. I learned about CFIA paperwork and the importance it carried to the overall production and accountability to the CFIA.
Pros
Knowledge
Cons
no set hours, we found out at 2pm what time/shift we were on the next day
Team atmosphere
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON21 February 2014
The work completion was based on a team strategy. All employees acquired their skills without the help from management. All training was passed down as you groomed yourself with the trust of fellow employees.
Closing
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON18 February 2014
Leamington will never be the same. A lot of people`s lives will be ruined.
N/A
Pallet Builder/Picker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 February 2014
Friendly atmosphere
Team effort
The position where i was working is discontinued
great enviroment fun to work
labourer (Former Employee) –  production12 February 2014
long hours pay worth it great people great cafeteria good breaks good tastin cheese
Enjoy working with different types of personalities.
Journeyman Electrician & Controls (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON1 February 2014
Very challenging on start ups in the morning. Learning how to troubleshoot on equipment that is very old up to newer equipment. Management is overstretched. My co-workers can be counted on for support. The hardest part of the job is knowing it's almost over. And the most enjoyable part of the job is the experiences I will take with me.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Closing
Confusing culture,
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Ingleside, ON17 January 2014
A typical day was reading and answering emails, attending meetings.
I learned that people can give the impression of knowledge with out actually having it, sometimes function is sacrificed for form. Management is negative that is to say performance appraisals are geared to show you where you need to improve with very little emphasis on strengths or use of strengths. Coworkers have an offensive strategy for job security.
The hardest part of the job was understanding the expectations, which turned out to be more Form than Function.
There were no enjoyable parts of the job
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Long Hours, no appreciation, confusing objectives
Rewarding
Warehouse/Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Leamington9 January 2014
Heinz was a great place to work until the announcement to close the plant was made.
a family oriented company
John O Butler Company (Former Employee) –  kitchener-waterloo8 January 2014
A very pleasant environment. Everyone worked as one unit with management working as hard as the field sales people.
good salary/benefits
Millwright (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON5 January 2014
production related calls,pm's and very busy when processing tomatoes
Pros
paid
Cons
extremely hot in summer
Very relaxed work environment
Walkie Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton14 December 2013
Start your shift by a meeting, log in your rf scanner and start to order pick.
My typical day at work and the whole experience
Maintenance Mechanic/ Millwright (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2013
I get to work at 7:00 am in the morning. I ensure that the line equipment are in safe and efficient working order. I've worked at the company for 30 years and have learned that hard work is the best policy and being a strong team player get more work done.

Management was very cooperative and very organized. Working at the factory for so long people of different culture and background come in and out, however I have had a wonderful experience with all my co-workers.

There was no part of my job that was too difficult I must say that at time it could get a bit challenging, but it was nothing i could not overcome. The most enjoyable part of the job was basically the whole experience, with working in such an environment with people who i got to know over the years and love as close friends and family.
Pros
got a pass to take home samples of the products
Cons
8 to 12 hours