Kraft Heinz Company Employee Reviews

Friendly work environment with good balance between autonomy and direction
R&D Product Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 September 2016
Colleagues were very friendly and open, enabling me to integrate very quickly into the Kraft culture. This was a very enjoyable part of the job. Management was flexible enough in giving me autonomy to make decisions and act on them, but also provided adequate direction to allow me to make the right decisions.

Attending and leading meetings helped strengthen communication skills immensely and aided in staying up to date with other projects and departments.
Pros
Flexible hours, friendly work environment
Cons
Some irregular hours required (late night/early morning)
Overall I would say it was a nice place to work.
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Marys, ON18 December 2016
At times it wasn't the easiest to work there but I am sure that most places are run the same way. I only meant that quite often materials and/or ingredients would run short of a typical product run. We would have to "brite pack" the product into other boxes until the proper boxes were delivered. The same thing would happen when we would run short of ingredients to run a certain product so that run would either be postponed until all ingredients were accounted for or the run would have to be cut short until proper supplies were available. All in all the atmosphere there was upbeat. I did enjoy my job as a machine operator. My co-workers were friendly and easy to talk to and get along with. Management was very friendly, courteous, easy to talk to and they listened to our concerns and when they could they tried to make things easier for us.
Pros
Annual Christmas parties, treats throughout the year, and quarterly bonuses.
Cons
Rework, very, very hot working in certain sections of the production area.
Very unstable since merger
Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 January 2017
Looking to flush experience and higher salaries with new young inexperience recruits. Not an optimal way to increase profits. No consistency with direction process or strategies, it change on a daily basis. No proper recognition. extremely poor planning with regards to project management. Change management is no existant
Pros
Brand Recognition- strong reputation, good place to gain credibility
Cons
too demanding on employes, unrealistic comitment requirements ---way too many hours with no plans for improvemnt
Productive, Dynamic
Assoc Mgr, IT - Projects, COE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2016
Worked on many Project Implementation, Migration and Support Role as Center of Excellence at KraftHenz.Worked on project management, systems migrations, mergers, acquisitions, design and support for the Financial, Controlling and Reporting applications. These projects were highly important for the company. .
Pros
many projects to complete in parallel
Cons
Great Learning Experiemce
Colleagues are great! Work well together!
Customer Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 December 2016
My co-workers are great to work with! I get along well with them and we collaborated well in many projects. I truly enjoy the work-life balance they gave us, they allowed us to work from home most of the time.
No Com
Supply Planning Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 October 2016
Great place to learn different jobs. Many opportunities to enhance your experience. Great place for job work/life balance. Lack of moral disappointing
fine place to work, low salary, not much oportunity for advancement.
Production helper (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 May 2016
fine place to work, you can learn about production as well, but some people doesnt like that much, hard work sometimes for the pay.
Pros
free coffee, nice cafeteria
Cons
salary, 0 advancement
excellent wages
Shipper/Receiver/Order Picker (Current Employee) –  St. Marys, ON30 September 2016
the wages were good, the benefits good. it is a fast paced environment. It has store where you can purchase products by Kraft and Heinz and at very reasonable prices
The Enjoyable Part Of The Job
QUALITY WORK (Current Employee) –  London, ON9 October 2016
The enjoyable part of the job was i didnt feel the job bored or its not a hard job because i enjoyed the job.Moreover the colleges were good to me and i have a good working environment. while we are working the supervisors came and whether we are facing any problems or not.
Productive & offers a lot to learn.
Deductions Analyst - Trade (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 November 2015
This is the place to be if someone wants to add value to the company & to learn at the same time. Offers flex hours with good benefits.
Pros
work focused culture.
Cons
no work life balance.
At enough work to make a living
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Castlegar, BC26 April 2012
Being in an under populated area of BC, work was limited by budget and shops to work in. Attending the shops sent to me by the sales representative, I would start my day early and attend to the work order for each shop. This could be a whole day to complete the project or just a part of the day. What i learned was the merchandising section of Kraft is contract and doesn't receive the benefits of Kraft employees so wasn't intended to be a full time position. Relieving the sales representative showed promise but no advancement in the area I lived. My representative was positive and encouraging towards the job and the scope of the industry. the hardest part of the job was surviving on limited income. The most enjoyable part of the job was setting up displays and working with shop owners or internal management to getting a positive conclusion to the projects.
Pros
work independently, seeing the end result of a job well done
Cons
not enough income to support myself.
Confusing culture,
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Ingleside, ON17 January 2014
A typical day was reading and answering emails, attending meetings.
I learned that people can give the impression of knowledge with out actually having it, sometimes function is sacrificed for form. Management is negative that is to say performance appraisals are geared to show you where you need to improve with very little emphasis on strengths or use of strengths. Coworkers have an offensive strategy for job security.
The hardest part of the job was understanding the expectations, which turned out to be more Form than Function.
There were no enjoyable parts of the job
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Long Hours, no appreciation, confusing objectives
A good company to work for.
Service helper, steam room operator, tugger (Current Employee) –  Toronto Ontario8 September 2013
A workday is usually a well organized affair,working for a bakery has meant a lot of attention to G.M.Ps and the management do try to interact with employees in a reasonable manner while at the same time expecting everyone to do their part to deliver the expected results for the shareholders. At the lakeshore bakery we had a diverse community where everyone learnt to live and work with cultures from all over the globe, lasting friendships were made, relationships were born and in the end we were just like a big family.
The hardest part of the job as in any other multicultural place was to overcome the racial walls and find a place to fit in this community. The work in itself was enjoyable. Reaching our goal of achieving 6 Sigma on every production line was enjoyable too but the most enjoyable part of the job was our ability to provide our family with a decent way of living.
Pros
The ability to enhance our salary with a fair share of overtime.
Cons
A reputed company that loves to eliminate unionized facilities.
Dictative work enviorment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON16 March 2016
This company has an ill regard for its workers, it continually moves its workers from one shift to another which places undue health risks upon all
Pros
Money was good
Cons
continual miss use of shifts and ill equipment management skills
A hard place
General Labour (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 June 2016
The job is so hard. its all a physical job where you can hardly get time to breath. This is what you can expect from a general labor job
N/A
Operations Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Fun place to work with strong brands
Sales Representative- Major Retail (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 April 2014
as a sales rep I typically spend the entire day by myself. I am required to see a predetermined list of stores per day. I have 45 stores in my territory.

The hardest part of the job is increasing on last years numbers in a highly competitive category of biscuit sales, due to comepetition, pricing and trends.

The company is great to work for, supportive, great benefits and options for a tailored work/life balance.
My typical day at work and the whole experience
Maintenance Mechanic/ Millwright (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2013
I get to work at 7:00 am in the morning. I ensure that the line equipment are in safe and efficient working order. I've worked at the company for 30 years and have learned that hard work is the best policy and being a strong team player get more work done.

Management was very cooperative and very organized. Working at the factory for so long people of different culture and background come in and out, however I have had a wonderful experience with all my co-workers.

There was no part of my job that was too difficult I must say that at time it could get a bit challenging, but it was nothing i could not overcome. The most enjoyable part of the job was basically the whole experience, with working in such an environment with people who i got to know over the years and love as close friends and family.
Pros
got a pass to take home samples of the products
Cons
8 to 12 hours
Great company that the managers all have ginuine interest in seeing you perform well
Quality Documentation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 October 2012
Kraft Foods Company enables employees to take advantage of being up-to-date about current company initiatives and events through its corporate intranet site .

Kraft Foods helps employees to maintain a balance between their work and personal life .

My co-workers are very helpful in accomplishing tasks and helping other employees perfom their duites. I see my co-workers as a part of my family. The management team are there to listen to our ideas and concerns. They try hard to give us all the essential tools and support to fulfill our goals. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the production operators who are not well trained enough to record the quality standard data .The most enjoyable part of my career is to verify the implementation of the requested changes which have been originated by the quality group and need to be completed within a short period of time !
It was a very good company
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON5 May 2016
Challenging works in busy season but always have fun doing my job. Miss this place when it closed the door, it was a good place to work.