Kraft Heinz Company

1.1K reviews

Kraft Heinz Company Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast pace production with opportunity to learn
Machine Operator/ Packer Feeder (Former Employee), Nort York, OnApril 3, 2014
Duties and responsibilities

• Operating various candy packing, twisting and case packing machines.
• Prepare the machines for change over, make sure the previous candy was run out, clean the machine properly and set up for new flavour.
• Change the data in the computer after change over and enter new data as per production sheet from Team Leaders office.
• Monitor and inspect the finished product at regular intervals to ensure that it meets quality, weight and thickness specifications update quality production report in the system regular intervals.
• Checking expiry and manufacturing dates printed accurately and make sure the cases sealed properly.
• Monitor the candy on conveyor all time and inform other operators and team leader if found any defects.
• Trouble shoots machinery if necessary and informs the mechanic and Team Leader in case of major complaints.
• Assist mechanics with downtime maintenance repair.
• Weigh the scrapes and attach the print out from the computer.
• Maintain and care the machinery such as lubrication.
• Consistently maintain a clean and hazard free work area.
• Responsible for performing other duties as assigned.
A good company to work for.
Service helper, steam room operator, tugger (Current Employee), Toronto OntarioSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: the ability to enhance our salary with a fair share of overtime.
Cons: a reputed company that loves to eliminate unionized facilities.
A workday is usually a well organized affair,working for a bakery has meant a lot of attention to G.M.Ps and the management do try to interact with employees in a reasonable manner while at the same time expecting everyone to do their part to deliver the expected results for the shareholders. At the lakeshore bakery we had a diverse community where everyone learnt to live and work with cultures from all over the globe, lasting friendships were made, relationships were born and in the end we were just like a big family.
The hardest part of the job as in any other multicultural place was to overcome the racial walls and find a place to fit in this community. The work in itself was enjoyable. Reaching our goal of achieving 6 Sigma on every production line was enjoyable too but the most enjoyable part of the job was our ability to provide our family with a decent way of living.
Great company that the managers all have ginuine interest in seeing you perform well
Quality Documentation Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 8, 2012
Kraft Foods Company enables employees to take advantage of being up-to-date about current company initiatives and events through its corporate intranet site .

Kraft Foods helps employees to maintain a balance between their work and personal life .

My co-workers are very helpful in accomplishing tasks and helping other employees perfom their duites. I see my co-workers as a part of my family. The management team are there to listen to our ideas and concerns. They try hard to give us all the essential tools and support to fulfill our goals. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the production operators who are not well trained enough to record the quality standard data .The most enjoyable part of my career is to verify the implementation of the requested changes which have been originated by the quality group and need to be completed within a short period of time !
My typical day at work and the whole experience
Maintenance Mechanic/ Millwright (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 11, 2013
Pros: got a pass to take home samples of the products
Cons: 8 to 12 hours
I get to work at 7:00 am in the morning. I ensure that the line equipment are in safe and efficient working order. I've worked at the company for 30 years and have learned that hard work is the best policy and being a strong team player get more work done.

Management was very cooperative and very organized. Working at the factory for so long people of different culture and background come in and out, however I have had a wonderful experience with all my co-workers.

There was no part of my job that was too difficult I must say that at time it could get a bit challenging, but it was nothing i could not overcome. The most enjoyable part of the job was basically the whole experience, with working in such an environment with people who i got to know over the years and love as close friends and family.
At enough work to make a living
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Castlegar, BCApril 26, 2012
Pros: work independently, seeing the end result of a job well done
Cons: not enough income to support myself.
Being in an under populated area of BC, work was limited by budget and shops to work in. Attending the shops sent to me by the sales representative, I would start my day early and attend to the work order for each shop. This could be a whole day to complete the project or just a part of the day. What i learned was the merchandising section of Kraft is contract and doesn't receive the benefits of Kraft employees so wasn't intended to be a full time position. Relieving the sales representative showed promise but no advancement in the area I lived. My representative was positive and encouraging towards the job and the scope of the industry. the hardest part of the job was surviving on limited income. The most enjoyable part of the job was setting up displays and working with shop owners or internal management to getting a positive conclusion to the projects.
Big Company-Fast Paced environment
Sales Transaction Coordinator (Current Employee), Don Mills OntNovember 20, 2013
Pros: company store, fitness classes, excellent cafeteria
Cons: year end can get chaotic especially with accruals
Checking and answering emails.
Communicate workload for the day. Reach out to team members to find out if they need help.
Process deductions in system after ensuring all back up and offers are intact.
Excellent team of workers. Everyone cares about the other. Wonderful manager who gives recognition for hard work.
I have learned that communication is important to the success of company goals.
Kraft Canada has very intelligent people working towards same goals.
This is a busy position that requires organization and time management skills.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people who respect and appreciate your hard work.
Kraft Employment Review
Customer Supply Chain Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 12, 2012
A typical day at work would be entering purchase orders and speaking with select few Kraft customers regarding Stock-Keeping Unit numbers required for delivery. Co-workers at Kraft Canada has been really helpful and was always there to help whenever the month end was hectic. The hardest part of the job was learning the Stock-Keeping Unit numbers, from which warehouse it originated. Also, when special orders needed to be entered it was hard to balance the regular customers and the internal customers. However, I very much enjoyed being with Kraft before the snack division split to become Mondelez. The management as well as the team was well knit and very helpful.
Confusing culture,
Quality Manager (Former Employee), Ingleside, ONJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: excellent pay
Cons: long hours, no appreciation, confusing objectives
A typical day was reading and answering emails, attending meetings.
I learned that people can give the impression of knowledge with out actually having it, sometimes function is sacrificed for form. Management is negative that is to say performance appraisals are geared to show you where you need to improve with very little emphasis on strengths or use of strengths. Coworkers have an offensive strategy for job security.
The hardest part of the job was understanding the expectations, which turned out to be more Form than Function.
There were no enjoyable parts of the job
Reasonable place to work.
Walkie operator-reach (Current Employee), StoneycreekSeptember 30, 2012
Pros: enjoyable atmosphere
Cons: walkie operators should have wages set at $14.00 to start since their doing the brunt of the work.
Fast pace and resonalble place to work.Employees working there should have first opportunity to train for upcoming positions since they have the experience needed to make operations move at a better pace with less mistakes and more efficient productivity.The majority of people I work with are focused on what their doing and conscious of safety.there is far to much product reaching best before dates within the warehouse or close to it.Someone is sleeping at the wheel costing time,costing product and wasting space that could be better utilised.
Busy organizational environment
Sales Trainee (Former Employee), Madrid, MDAugust 2, 2012
Pros: good and supportive work environment, social activities, food discounts for employees
Cons: job instability: as one of the 15 trainees, we didn't know if we'll be able to stay in the company after one-year train.
Working in Kraft Foods was a really enriching opportunity both professionally and personally talking. It was a very busy environment, where organization was the main clue to reach company's goals and meeting deadlines.
Responsibilities were not the same every day, as taking part of a dynamic team and context, but commun tasks were generating sales reports, assisting the key-accounts team in their commercial presentations
Great place too work
General Labourer (Former Employee), Exeter, ONMay 3, 2013
Pros: after work we would sometimes meet for lunch, or supper, or a few beverages and realx and enjoy the rest of the day or night.
Cons: sometimes hard on the social life but hey, no worries.
I worked various different shifts from 8 hr days too 14 hr days it was all good, loved it there, co-workers were terrific, bosses great, work place clean and fun,the hard part was that when the plant closed and too have to say goodbye to my friends and co-workers.over all I really really loved going too work each and everyday there.
productive and learning work experiance
Machine Operator (Former Employee), East York, ONJuly 4, 2013
Pros: free lunches, dinners other gift cards
Cons: long hours, noisy.
Normally starting and ending the shift on time made me punctual in work and normal daily life.
With working in a team i learnt how to play a part to the best as a team member.
In stressed time with good colleagues it was awesome to overcome the stress.
The hardest part use to be when machine get break down and the assigned production target in lagging behind.
The most enjoyable part in work was to have colleagues which are always at hand to help.
Not bad once you get used to it.
Quality Control/Assistant Machine Operator (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJune 13, 2014
Pros: paid breaks, accommodating management
Cons: long hours, continental shifts, tiring work
Long, 12-hour, continental shifts do feel like they take up most of your life but it's not a hard job and there's usually enough to do to pass the time fairly quick. Management were always very understanding and kind but the managers for Kelly Services (the temp agency I went through) weren't always coordinated. Easy but repetitive job and not nearly as bad as it first seems.
Fun place to work with strong brands
Sales Representative- Major Retail (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 25, 2014
as a sales rep I typically spend the entire day by myself. I am required to see a predetermined list of stores per day. I have 45 stores in my territory.

The hardest part of the job is increasing on last years numbers in a highly competitive category of biscuit sales, due to comepetition, pricing and trends.

The company is great to work for, supportive, great benefits and options for a tailored work/life balance.
I love to work with kraft, if they have any vacancy in future
Mixer/ Enrober (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 6, 2013
My begining is a typical day at work, i don't know how to pack cookies and crakers in tray, it is very hard to pick up cookies on belt, but after few days it is ok.

I learn many things specially packing, mixing and food environment .
Management is very good.
My co-worker is very helpfull and assist if needed.
To pick up and pack the cookies from belt.
The pay rate and benifit
Kraft was a great company to work for.High emphasis on both food and employee safety
Process Operator (Former Employee), Cobourg, ONJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: great co-workers, managers job environment, focus on work and food safety
Cons: plant closing
It was fun.It had it,s momentsCleaning(food colouring,pick a colour).great people to work with(still in touch with many of them.The line i worked on the most made five pounds cans of dry beverage.We achiedved a record of 7200 case in one shift.The Cobourg plant closed.That record still stands!
Managing Exec Director calendar and processing rebate payments
Finance Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, CanadaDecember 17, 2012
Pros: work life balance, flexible work hours and being able to work from home
A typical day at work would start off with ensuring my voice message is current. I would review my Director's calendar for any important meetings. Trade and marketing rebate and invoices are processed for payment. I also manage Managers' calendars and co-ordinate their meeting schedules. Daily emails and enquiries are responded to.
production packer
packer (Former Employee), torontoNovember 2, 2014
Pros: great christmas dinners
Cons: only getting student wages
Working at Kraft was a full time job in the summers between University. I learned how to work quickly and efficiently because everyone on the production line was dependent on everyone else. I picked up and packed cookies into chutes as it was coming out of an oven down a production line. Noticing quality issues with baked goods and on packaging was a big part of the job.
Kraft Foods/Mondelez
Forklift operator (Current Employee), Stoney Creek, OnOctober 23, 2012
Pros: good supervisors
Cons: poor leadership at upper levels
The general manager is in over his head which results in a lack of productivity and forced overtime and disgruntaled employees. Excellent shift supervisors who treat everyone with respect. The number of temp staff out number the full timers three to one and job security for the temps does not exist.
Very good place to work and they are very safety concerned
Environmental Specialist (Former Employee), InglesideJune 11, 2015
Pros: free coffee
I was in a very specialized position and had certain duties aside from others . A large amount of freedom to work at my own pace and to develop and exchange ideas. They are not very open to new and innovative ideas.
Hardest part was to present ideas in a way that would get action taken on them.