Kraft Foods

Kraft Foods Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A good company to work for.
Service helper, steam room operator, tugger (Current Employee), Toronto OntarioSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: the ability to enhance our salary with a fair share of overtime.
Cons: a reputed company that loves to eliminate unionized facilities.
A workday is usually a well organized affair,working for a bakery has meant a lot of attention to G.M.Ps and the management do try to interact with employees in a reasonable manner while at the same time expecting everyone to do their part to deliver the expected results for the shareholders. At the lakeshore bakery we had a diverse community where everyone learnt to live and work with cultures from all over the globe, lasting friendships were made, relationships were born and in the end we were just like a big family.
The hardest part of the job as in any other multicultural place was to overcome the racial walls and find a place to fit in this community. The work in itself was enjoyable. Reaching our goal of achieving 6 Sigma on every production line was enjoyable too but the most enjoyable part of the job was our ability to provide our family with a decent way of living.
23 years of employment great job
Manufaturing (Former Employee), Cobourg, ONSeptember 4, 2013
I started as a packer then went on to learn just about every manufacturing job there. I then moved to the warehouse where I was able to load and unload trucks, assuring a safe and road ready load.
Maintained inventory accuracy.
Opportunity to work with top tier UGI company, provided broad understanding of customer vendor relationships
Credit Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 23, 2013
Dedicated, passionate people made the difference, a growing environment within a fast growing company
productive and learning work experiance
Machine Operator (Former Employee), East York, ONJuly 4, 2013
Pros: free lunches, dinners other gift cards
Cons: long hours, noisy.
Normally starting and ending the shift on time made me punctual in work and normal daily life.
With working in a team i learnt how to play a part to the best as a team member.
In stressed time with good colleagues it was awesome to overcome the stress.
The hardest part use to be when machine get break down and the assigned production target in lagging behind.
The most enjoyable part in work was to have colleagues which are always at hand to help.
Good place to work and for advancement.
Buyer's Assistant (Current Employee), Oakville, ONJune 11, 2013
Very busy, working with samples. Got good exposure to Green Coffee industry and learned a lot from my manager who has vast knowledge of Green Coffee.

The most enjoyable part of job is to cup Green Coffee.
summer student and mixer helper (Former Employee), Scarborough ONMay 14, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: long shifts
It was a good working place , every one was friendly hardest part was the lifting the most enjoyable part was the pay check
Great place too work
General Labourer (Former Employee), Exeter, ONMay 3, 2013
Pros: after work we would sometimes meet for lunch, or supper, or a few beverages and realx and enjoy the rest of the day or night.
Cons: sometimes hard on the social life but hey, no worries.
I worked various different shifts from 8 hr days too 14 hr days it was all good, loved it there, co-workers were terrific, bosses great, work place clean and fun,the hard part was that when the plant closed and too have to say goodbye to my friends and co-workers.over all I really really loved going too work each and everyday there.
Fast Paced production enviroment.
Operations & Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Oakville PlantApril 21, 2013
Demand changes would require schedule changes and an eye for detail to ensure compliance.
I learned how lean manifacturing works. Focus on standard work helped keep the day on track.
The management team reviewd the daily progress and addressed issues as they happened to keep on top.
The floor team accepted the changes as they happened.
Good Colleagues
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Progress Ave ScarboroughApril 18, 2013
Pros: love the people i work with
Cons: work for a agency, that does not care about its workers.
Great colleagues good work environment. Love my job learn new things every day.
Productive and fun workplace
Production Assistant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 30, 2013
Pros: excellent work environment
Cons: rotating schedule
Even though Kraft foods is a fun workplace and employees get excellent work environment. It is unfortunate that employees get limited opportunities of progressing in their career.
productive workplace
Business Unit Leader (Current Employee), Ingleside, ONMarch 25, 2013
overall good experience, good corporate culture with strong values and achievable objetives
I love to work with kraft, if they have any vacancy in future
Mixer/ Enrober (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 6, 2013
My begining is a typical day at work, i don't know how to pack cookies and crakers in tray, it is very hard to pick up cookies on belt, but after few days it is ok.

I learn many things specially packing, mixing and food environment .
Management is very good.
My co-worker is very helpfull and assist if needed.
To pick up and pack the cookies from belt.
The pay rate and benifit
Wasn't there for more than a season but met lots of great people...
Factory Worker (Former Employee), Exeter, ONMarch 3, 2013
Pros: the pay
Cons: long days
I loved meeting new people and learning new skills but I wasn't there long...
Safe
Intern Mechanic (Former Employee), Montréal, QCFebruary 23, 2013
As a mechanic, Kraft foods is a nice place to work. The schedule is 3x12 hours plus the possibility of over time on the week ends. People are friendly and the management is not over controlling. Work is slow, but when something breaks, you need to work and fix it as fast as possible which is something I liked. Overall I would enjoy working there as a full time mechanic
Productive work environment with Kind workers
Temp (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: lots of hours of work
Cons: very exhausting
Worked 12 hours shifts, very exhausting. other workers were mostly kind, management was very kind and very helpful.
It was a wonderfull time.
General Labour (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: more lunch times (every two hrs)
Cons: long hours (12)
It was a very good time and the staff was very helpfull and comprehensive.I loved woking with Kelly Services but as a security guard licenced I could not go back to continue with them.
Young and fun place to work.
Canada Indirect Procurement Lead (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: store discount, global opportunities
Cons: too big, most meetings over the phone
Get to work, dial the conf. #
Go to meeting after meeting
Go to lunch
Pack for travel
Travel, meet other people, learn have fun
Go back to meetings
Kraft was a great company to work for.High emphasis on both food and employee safety
Process Operator (Former Employee), Cobourg, ONJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: great co-workers, managers job environment, focus on work and food safety
Cons: plant closing
It was fun.It had it,s momentsCleaning(food colouring,pick a colour).great people to work with(still in touch with many of them.The line i worked on the most made five pounds cans of dry beverage.We achiedved a record of 7200 case in one shift.The Cobourg plant closed.That record still stands!
Managing Exec Director calendar and processing rebate payments
Finance Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, CanadaDecember 17, 2012
Pros: work life balance, flexible work hours and being able to work from home
A typical day at work would start off with ensuring my voice message is current. I would review my Director's calendar for any important meetings. Trade and marketing rebate and invoices are processed for payment. I also manage Managers' calendars and co-ordinate their meeting schedules. Daily emails and enquiries are responded to.
good place to work
Team leader (Former Employee), East YorkNovember 28, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: food is to good and you put on weight
I loved working there but I needed a change and more room to grow

About Kraft Foods

At Kraft, we make brands that are known and loved the world over – and we’ve been doing it for generations. Today – Read more