KPMG

KPMG Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent experience for a training professional
Manager, Learning & Development (Current Employee), New JerseyJuly 15, 2014
Pros: opportunities
Cons: lacks with relocation
KPMG Business Schoold offers options for one to learn other areas in the training industry.
Productive and great training ground.
Internal Auditor (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPJuly 14, 2014
Pros: great training and travel.
Cons: long hours and low compensation/rewards.
- Days are deadline and productivity driven.
- Time is very important and should be used productively and chargeable to the client.
- Management is helpful however they appreciate individuals who take initiative and show the willingness to take on more responsibility while they are able to complete their duties as well.
- The hardest part of the job – more... is working overtime and late hours to reach client expectations and deadlines even though the time provided is unreasonable to complete the work required. The rewards/compensation is not market related and equivalent to the work load and pressure.
- The most enjoyable part is the travelling and meeting new people and being challenged on every audit engagement. Builds character and develops your skills while learning new skills. – less
Great
Federal Audit Intern (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 11, 2014
I enjoyed my time working there. Everyone was really nice and a hard worker.
KPMG Assistant Manager

a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Great work environment filled with daily learning and growth
Junior Management Consultant (Current Employee), Pretoria, GPJuly 4, 2014
Pros: i with a group of highly effective people
Cons: sometimes the client is not committed to transformation.
Turnaround Strategy of a National Department
- Report daily at Client Head Office or Regional Offices
- Working daily with KPMG Partners, Associate Directors, Associate Consultant and graduates
- Interatcing and offering of solutions, ideas and assistance to the client's Chief Financial Officer, Directors, Deputy Directors and officials

A challenge – more... has been working in the Public Sector environment daily and having to adapt to the environment instantly.
I overcame this challenge by putting my focus on building relationships with Public Sector Officials from the lower ranks to the management ranks with an inquisitive approach to understand the sector, its structure and its policies.
This resulted in being identified as one of the key role players within the project and being allowed the opportunity to spread throughout the regions.

The most enjoyable part is gaining valuable skills daily, offering solutions to challenges and continuously developing as a professional – less
Nice place to work
Administrator (Current Employee), Pune, MHJuly 3, 2014
Pros: nice place to work
Cons: nothing
Nice place to work.
Management is up to the mark.
and co-staff is really helpful and qualified.
Nothing is hardest
Most enjoyable part is Work
first job out of college, challenging, a lot to learn
Analyst, Corporate Finance (Former Employee), Dubai, united Arab EmiratesJuly 2, 2014
Pros: the variety in industries we'd be exposed to
Cons: i discovered i wasn't passionate about corporate finance
hard working teams, exposure to various industries, and learning from well qualified people.
Great training program
ADVISOR (Former Employee), London, ENGJuly 1, 2014
Great training program in the UK to get you ACA certified. Interesting clients, projects, engagements.
A challenging environment
Federal Tax Associate for Alternative Investments (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 30, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: work life balance
Great place to start, a bad place to remain! Every group is different. If you end up in a good group you are lucky, if not, too bad -- go look for another job.
Snr Associate (Current Employee), Freetown- Sierra LeoneJune 30, 2014
Very good place to learn, share and get integrated easily with the ethics and culture of the business.
Stimulating and challenging
Assistant Auditor (Former Employee), London, ENGJune 28, 2014
A fast paced, high support, high challenge, high pressure work environment, in which the work I completed was both interesting and demanding. A typical day included working with an audit team to complete a financial review of the client to a high degree of professionalism and accuracy.
From working at KPMG I understand the necessity of precision, adapting – more... to any work environment and working simultaneously independently on tasks and as a team toward a bigger goal. – less
Great company!
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Denver, ColoradoJune 26, 2014
Pros: could be fun at times.
Cons: serious personalities
I was there for just a short time but liked the people in my department.
I learned how very serious accountants are.
Most of management was very nice, some a little quirky, but all in all great to work with. The company knew how to deal with morale when it was low. They had fun in many ways.
I really liked my co-workers we all got along well.
The hardest – more... part of my job was learning the acronyms of business.
The recognition programs they would come up with. – less
Fast paced workplace
Quality Controller (Former Employee), London, ENGJune 26, 2014
Target driven, fast paced with many ambitious people and open for ideas management
Excellent
Assistant Manager - Construction - Civil Engineer (Current Employee), Jeddah, S02June 25, 2014
an Excellent Firm to work for, would advise friends
Nice people and bosses.
Productive and Fun Place
Senior Associate (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 21, 2014
Productive and fun place to work. Great team and work environment.
it was not only accounting
Financial Analyst at Audit Department (Former Employee), TaiwanJune 18, 2014
As what people may imagine Big 4 are doing Accounting everyday, but the truth is that it could be more than involved. By the first day I started my job, I read through the balance sheet and tried to get a whole picture of what I was going to do. That was one thing. The manager assigned me another job to get some proof from client's business agreement – more... regarding to significance influence. It was more like consulting or advisory. – less
Happy at KPMG, but recently relocated
Meeting Room Support/Room Support/Office Support (Current Employee), Watford, ENGJune 18, 2014
Worked at KPMG for ten years covering several roles; sorting and distributing incoming/outgoing mail/couriers, meeting room bookings, meeting room support, filing, live filing, archiving and general office support. Happy at KPMG but recently relocated with my family, so I'm looking for something more local. My day is fairly varied, and I work from 7am – more... until 5pm. My job is challenging but i learn new things everyday which I enjoy. I work both as part of a team, and as an individual – less
A place you can seriously call home!
Associate CRM Support (Former Employee), Montvale, NJJune 17, 2014
Pros: excellent & affordable lunches, friendly staff, always professional, excellent benefits, always room for advancement.
Everyone I've worked for or worked with at KPMG have always been professional, kind, friendly, and always there to lend some assistance.

They are rated as top E.O.C. for a reason! They offer many opportunities for job growth, provide you with a mentor if you wish, they offer courses to improve or refine your current role. They offer many benefits towards – more... your "Work & Life balance", and many, many, more firm benefits that just won't fit in this summary box!

If you find yourself working for this firm, you'll understand why!
It is one of the few firms, you can seriously call home. – less
fun and energetic
assistant (Former Employee), London, ENGJune 17, 2014
KPMG comes off as a very serious multinational company with no nonsense people working there, but what I found on my work experience was that everyone that worked there are very friendly, light hearted people which made the working environment more pleasant to be in.

About KPMG

KPMG is one of the largest professional services firms in the world and one of the Big Four auditors, along with Deloitte, Ernst – Read more