KPMG Employee Reviews

Great place to start and advance your career
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 29, 2014
KPMG is a great place to start and advance your career. You get the opportunity to work with a diverse group of bright people. Career goals are defined and they have a great performance management process.
Motivated work environment, good team spirit among colleagues.
Supplier Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioSeptember 15, 2014
Motivated work environment, good team spirit among colleagues.
Good people
Mailroom Clerk (Temp.) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 9, 2014
Overall as a temp, I had a good time there and met good people.
Great place to learn and develop
HR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 8, 2014
KPMG is focused on the continuous development of its professionals. It is a fast-paced environment with challenging opportunities.
KPMG Canada Summary
IT Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 1, 2014
Decent job culture, a bit low on the pay scale but they do have a decent benefits package.

They say there's advancement within the company but many prefer to look outside the company when hiring for the better positions.

Decent company to work for, but if you want to advance - look elsewhere and then come back to them as you'll advance quicker that route than internally.
Great opportunities, strong work culture
Manager, Advisory Services (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 26, 2014
A+

Strong team culture in a large organization, opportunities to work in different groups.
Great place to start your career!
Consultant, Risk Advisory (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 12, 2014
- Great career advancement opportunities.
- Challenging environment, but can be rewarding
Great Experience
Events Volunteer (Former Employee) –  TorontoJune 7, 2014
Working at KPMG is an experience that I am very thankful for. It provided me with so many connections and a true learning experience. KMPG is where I learnt about working with customers and how to deal with adversity. A typical day at work would be just to contact various companies and ask them about if they are interested in helping and sponsoring our events. Management was extremely friendly and were great along the way. I made so many great relationships working at KPMG and that was probably the most enjoyable part of the job. I wouldn't say anything was hard but probably the most trying was the commute to KPMG from where I live.
Pros
great people, great events
Cons
travel
Great Experience to gain
Audit Staff Accountant, Oil and Gas (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 15, 2014
It was a great experience and the people are great to work with. They encourage work life balance and as I volunteer quite a bit they encourage that. The most enjoyable part is working with so many different clients as I am very personable and I was able to utilize my strengths.
Pros
ongoing training seminars and the people
Cons
the environment
This is a great company to be a part of!
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 23, 2014
KPMG is a leading professional services firm, and I know why. They take good care of their people!
Pros
great perks, a real emphasis on work/life balance
Productive workplace together with lots of learning and challenges
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  TORONTO, CAApril 16, 2014
I am working here as an Intern. I learn a lot , as all the co- workers were not only cooperative but also shared their knowledge. The environment is great while my boss is a great lady to work with
Cons
its a placement
Professional environment, skills and knowledge improvement and sharing, friendly people
Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 1, 2014
A typical day at work starts at 8.30 - 9.00 am with checking email, news and new information provided in a dataroom, which is of a high interest. It is then used in further work/analysis.
Employees are often involved into project work, which is carried out by teams of a few people. On average these people spend a few weeks working together and it is common to share/discuss news, have small talks, etc in addition to work. It is not a rare case that project management joins the team in project room. This makes management and employees closer and this is a very nice part of work.
Having good relations at work is important for me and I usually have friends-colleagues. We normally spend lunch time together, chat, go out on Fridays, etc.
The most enjoyable part of my work is that I'm surrounded by people and have a chance to learn constantly from others and share my experience. Some people are really great characters, working with them is fun. Some have rare skills and they share them.
The hardest part of the job is overtime and unpredictable working hours, but when projects are over, employees are compensated for these hours, which is a good deal.
Professional and Team Environment
Executive Assistant - Senior Partner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 1, 2014
Its important for me to work in a team environment with professional individuals
A great company to start your career with
Staff Accountant- Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  calgary, canadaMarch 9, 2014
A great company with great people. Working as a summer intern, i got to learn a lot of things about assurance and tax. I was working there in the summer so the work load was not too much.
Always a fun place
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 6, 2014
No matter what event was taking place, example world cup, there was always some kind of event planned around it to have the employees engaged
Hardworking environment with great training and people
Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 28, 2014
KPMG has been a great place for me to start my career as a CA. They provide exensive training and great social events, however they do require long thank-less hours of work.

Overall I would recommend this company to anybody looking to start a career in accounting.
Pros
great training and people
Cons
Great firm. Fantastic people.
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  TorontoFebruary 19, 2014
Great environment to learn and make great connections. Loved the professional environment. Really enjoyed working with clients.
Big 4
External Auditor (Former Employee) –  CairoFebruary 6, 2014
Senior Associate focusing on hospitality sector clients.
Very modern, cutting edge, intellectual, collaborative environment
Talent Attraction Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 25, 2014
Wonderful team environment, facilitates high level of collaboration. Career opportunities for shared service in Toronto and Calgary, negligible opportunities in other geographies. Work load excessively heavy, prevents opportunity of participating on other projects.
Offer opportunities for career advancement
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 21, 2014
It's a fast paced environment and no ordinary day at work. I've learned a lot in both professional and other soft skills which help me to develop as a well rounded professional. It also provides many opportunities for challenges and advancement within the organization. Overall environment is supportive with good benefits offer to employees. The hardest part of the job is to maintain work life balance as this is public practice (with busy seasons). I also work with approx 20 bosses versus than one or two bosses in most industries and therefore time management is crucial in this profession. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to meet many other professionals (both externally and internally) throughout my career.