KPMG Employee Reviews in Canada

Excellent learning curve
Senior Audit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  PakistanOctober 27, 2014
If you are working for one of top 4 public accounting firms in the world, it goes without saying that amazing career progression opportunities lie ahead for you once you have completed your training and obtained your accounting designation, since working for big 4 gives you the chance to provide assurance services across diversed industries, including manufacturing, financial services, hospitality, public sector, NGOs and state organizations such as utilities etc.

My learning curve was always at 90 degrees while I was at KPMG, providing immense academic and job satisfaction.
extensive learning with good career progression
Audit Associate (Former Employee) –  MalaysiaOctober 30, 2013
I was mainly in charged with audit assignments after 6 months on the job. Audit assignments involve audit testing for each accounts of the company and then drafting the audited financial statements that needs to be checked and approved by the managers and partners before submission. Co-workers are extremely helpful and very caring. The hardest part of the job is to deal with difficult clients and working under tight deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job is the family oriented culture in KPMG.
Pros
good co-workers and management
Cons
tight deadlines
Hardworking environment with great training and people
Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 28, 2014
KPMG has been a great place for me to start my career as a CA. They provide exensive training and great social events, however they do require long thank-less hours of work.

Overall I would recommend this company to anybody looking to start a career in accounting.
Pros
great training and people
Great Experience
Events Volunteer (Former Employee) –  TorontoJune 7, 2014
Working at KPMG is an experience that I am very thankful for. It provided me with so many connections and a true learning experience. KMPG is where I learnt about working with customers and how to deal with adversity. A typical day at work would be just to contact various companies and ask them about if they are interested in helping and sponsoring our events. Management was extremely friendly and were great along the way. I made so many great relationships working at KPMG and that was probably the most enjoyable part of the job. I wouldn't say anything was hard but probably the most trying was the commute to KPMG from where I live.
Pros
great people, great events
Cons
travel
Exemplary financial services and professional services firm
Senior Advisor, Transactions & Restructuring (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 30, 2013
A fantastic place to begin a career in finance or accounting, KPMG, a big four accounting firm, placed the necessary resources at my disposal at every step of my development through Audit and Assurance services as well as M&A and Transactions due diligence work.

I had the pleasure of working with exemplary co-workers, the majority of which are highly-skilled and sought-after professionals with great experience.

The hardest part of the job is maintaining sufficient motivation in an accounting-driven structure when my true focus is developing my skills in Finance in a banking or private equity-related position.
Great firm with emphasis on career and educational development whilst providing superior client service.
Senior Accountant 2 (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioApril 4, 2012
KPMG is a multinational big four firm providing excellent opportunities for its staff to learn, develop, and continously grow as professionals.
Pros
continous growth, emphasis on career, educational development
Had great People and Benifits
Insolvency Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 22, 2015
Encourage growth by allowing you to take courses to upgrade your technical skills and abilities benefiting growth. A great environment.
Excellent environment and work culture
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 25, 2014
Great company to work for - long hours but you get the opportunity to learn a lot.
Pros
very flexible about vacations and working from home policies
Cons
Great place to start and advance your career
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 29, 2014
KPMG is a great place to start and advance your career. You get the opportunity to work with a diverse group of bright people. Career goals are defined and they have a great performance management process.
Great Place to Work
Office Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 11, 2012
Variety of work in the position I did.
We were offer skillsoft training on computer courses.
The Management staff were very busy and we provided services to them so they could concentrate on the work they had.
My co-workers were great to work with. We had fun joking around to ease any stressful situations on hand.
The harderst part of the job- nothing as long as you kept up with your duties every day,
I enjoyed coming to work everyday, the people that worked there were great, I loved all the different duties that I did.
Pros
they had alot of staff functions you could attend after work hours.
Cons
coming in at 2 in the morning for security issues.
Great Experience to gain
Audit Staff Accountant, Oil and Gas (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 15, 2014
It was a great experience and the people are great to work with. They encourage work life balance and as I volunteer quite a bit they encourage that. The most enjoyable part is working with so many different clients as I am very personable and I was able to utilize my strengths.
Pros
ongoing training seminars and the people
Cons
the environment
My first Insolvency Job
INSOLVENCY ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 5, 2015
Great people, but I had to move to another company for advancement. It was a great learning experience because the people helped you learn and took their time to help. I still keep in touch with all employees
Professional environment, skills and knowledge improvement and sharing, friendly people
Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 1, 2014
A typical day at work starts at 8.30 - 9.00 am with checking email, news and new information provided in a dataroom, which is of a high interest. It is then used in further work/analysis.
Employees are often involved into project work, which is carried out by teams of a few people. On average these people spend a few weeks working together and it is common to share/discuss news, have small talks, etc in addition to work. It is not a rare case that project management joins the team in project room. This makes management and employees closer and this is a very nice part of work.
Having good relations at work is important for me and I usually have friends-colleagues. We normally spend lunch time together, chat, go out on Fridays, etc.
The most enjoyable part of my work is that I'm surrounded by people and have a chance to learn constantly from others and share my experience. Some people are really great characters, working with them is fun. Some have rare skills and they share them.
The hardest part of the job is overtime and unpredictable working hours, but when projects are over, employees are compensated for these hours, which is a good deal.
Professional services environment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 5, 2015
Provided a variety of administrative services to several senior Partners.

Reviewed and approved approx. 120 expense reports weekly

Managed semi-annual Performance Management process
A challenging yet rewardable working place.
Consultant - Financial Risk Management (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 30, 2013
Everyday, or even every minute, is different here in KPMG Risk Consulting. I have been involved in various audit and advisory projects for two years. My clients includes big five banks, prominent pension funds, regulatory and govenment agencies.
Hardest part, which I found also the most interesting part of my job is I have to interact with the smartest people (my coworkers and clients) in the world on a daily basis. I learnt different skills from each of them. I was given great opportunities to coach COOP/ Junior Consultant while strengthening my leadership.
Pros
our work ethic is well recognized in the world.
Cons
huge turnover
Excellent Firm - Professional and great people combined.
Audit Senior, Financial Services Audit & Advisory (Former Employee) –  IrelandFebruary 17, 2015
KPMG provided me the opportunity to greatly enhance my professional communication and organisation, through exposure to large clients from various industries.
Productive and Efficient place to work
Senior Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  FreetownMarch 13, 2015
Professional work environment, respectful colleagues, great training and exposure on a wide range of matters.
Very great place to work.
Fun
SENIOR STAFF ACCOUNTANT / AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 24, 2015
KPMG is a great place to work at, I loved working for KPMG, I had a great time working for KPMG. KPMG is awesome. KPMG is a large accounting firm
Very modern, cutting edge, intellectual, collaborative environment
Talent Attraction Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 25, 2014
Wonderful team environment, facilitates high level of collaboration. Career opportunities for shared service in Toronto and Calgary, negligible opportunities in other geographies. Work load excessively heavy, prevents opportunity of participating on other projects.
This is a great company to be a part of!
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 23, 2014
KPMG is a leading professional services firm, and I know why. They take good care of their people!
Pros
great perks, a real emphasis on work/life balance