KPMG Employee Reviews

Great learning experience
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  North York, ON23 November 2015
KPMG provides their staff with a lot of responsibility from day one. A fun place to work as there are may staff within your age group.
Productive place
Immigration Administrator - H1B Visa Project (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2015
Enjoyed working will all the tems there
opened many files as possible
a lot of deadlines
everyones willing to help
It was a long time ago now... but I look back fondly
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 November 2015
KPMG provided an environment to learn and to advance with a considerable breadth of experience. The people, in particular, made it worthwhile and enjoyable.
Pros
Breadth of environments to work and learn in...
Cons
We were young and couldn't fully take advantage of the opportunitites
excellent learning environment
Learning and Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2015
Great culture!

fun place to work as the colleagues are extremely intelligent, motivated and likeable.
A great way to start you career.
Great team environment, great people to work for and with.
Senior Accounting Associate, CA (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 October 2015
Must be able to manage your time and communicate with clients (CEOs, CFOs, Controllers) on an ongoing basis. Building relationships is key to my job.
Pros
Banked OT and flex days
Cons
Long hours during busy season
Good company to work for
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Montreal18 October 2015
Good company to work for - interesting mandates, very dynamic, lots of challenge.
Great co-workers
The hardest part is to always satisfy customers despite multiple requests
Excellent learning environment
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 October 2015
The KPMG work environment is catered to providing an excellent learning experience with exposure to a wide variety of different industries.
Mobilité
Administrateur - Mobilité internationale (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC, Canada18 September 2015
Le secteur de Mobilité internationale est toujours intéressant.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Sudbury ON9 September 2015
I love what i do at KPMG - I am part of a great administrative team who not only count on me when they need a hand but also help be grow in my position to prepare myself for any future roles within the company.
I work on review engagement files and T2 and the challenges are every day I find something newer stuff to be dealt with.
Senior Accountant, Audit (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 September 2015
KPMG is very attractive place to work. Lot of funs there. All people are really good. Flexible time. They always try to balance work-life and family life though it's very hard at this fast space environment.
Pros
Free coffees and many social events during the year
Audit Senior (Former Employee) –  Alexandria19 August 2015
My + 6 years experience in KPMG hazem Hassan the lead financial service firm in Egypt allows me to have the tools , overview and experience
Great learning opportunities
Manager, Advisory- Risk Consulting (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 August 2015
Internal Audit Co-sourcing engagements. Got the opportunity to work on a variety of clients. Great co-workers. Long hours. The socials are great.
Working at KPMG
Corporate Tax Intern (Former Employee) –  Malaysia22 July 2015
Great company to work with. I went through proper orientation and training to give us a better understanding of our job responsibilities. I was able to ask questions from my co-workers whenever I have trouble resolving problems. Also, this company provide flexibility where I am able to work from home when needed
Challenging, Fast Paced, Work Hard Play Hard Environment
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto20 July 2015
Technical skills gained in the area of communication, oral and written presentation, drafting financial statements, accounting and auditing

Great flexibility as a Manager and Senior Manager

Hardest part of the job is balance between work and social life

Enjoyable part is working with senior people within the firm as well as C-suit executives of private and public companies
Great place to start your career
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC4 July 2015
Being an associate at KPMG is mostly comprised of travelling to client sites and performing audit procedures with client management. The Burnaby practice is focused on privately-traded enterprise clients.

The learning curve can be steep to begin with, but is overall quite easy to adapt to once you get your feet wet a few months in.

Partners and other management staff are great, being extremely supportive of your career aspirations, given that they understand it is not the average associate's goals to stay in public practice. Similarly, the co-workers are great as they are by-far some of the smartest people I've worked with and there's an abundance to learn from them, in addition to being great people to hang out with after work.

I would say the hardest part of the job is trying to fit your life into the work schedule, as while the firm tries its best to provide some balance, the nature of the business (client-driven deadlines) often does not allow for this. Also, the performance rating system can often seem rather subjective and political rather than being based on objective merit.

The best part of the job is definitely the people you work with, as even though work can be mundane and long, going through it with intelligent, motivated, and likeable colleagues makes it really worth it.
Pros
High caliber of co-workers; opportunities for advancement; great learning
Cons
Long hours; often administrative tasks; performance rating system
Had great People and Benifits
Insolvency Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2015
Encourage growth by allowing you to take courses to upgrade your technical skills and abilities benefiting growth. A great environment.
Na
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto Canada7 May 2015
i enjoyed working with the current position as well as working in a team environment and individual.
i learn a lot of technical as well as professional behaviors
Strong brand / demanding environment
Tax Manager - R&D Tax Incentives (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 May 2015
Overall, working at KPMG has been nothing but a benefit to my career. The exposure I've had to a myriad of business issues in accounting, tax and advisory has helped mold my perspective as an accountant and business advisor.
Pros
Flexible lifestyle
Cons
Uncompromising leadership
Team Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2015
KPMG is a great place to work. It encourages work and life balance and positive feedback in order to help you grow in your career.

I enjoyed being an Team Administrative Assistant as it allowed me to talk to other teams on other floors and in different departments and to learn new skills and develop my experience as an Administrative Assistant.
Good environment to learn and develop skills
Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 April 2015
Learned to handle big case load and intensive client contact.

Good co-workers.

Fast paced work environment.

Supportive co-workers and management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KPMG. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval