KPMG

KPMG Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Typical big 4
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 23, 2013
Work hard, learn lots, get paid little. Means to and end. Intense hours.
Meetings with Team, Client and review of work
Senior Manager-Advisory Services (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: gain valuable experience in varaiety of industries
Cons: time constraints
Apreciation at work is improtant and I get this lot from my boss and make sure to pass it on to my team.
Good opportunities for career advancement
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 19, 2013
Pros: good people, good benefits
Cons: contstant technological upgrades/changes.
Working as an admin assistannt with KPMG has its rewards and challenges. It is a busy and deadline-oriented work environment, with many oportunities for learning new skills. The best part about the company is the people. I have many friends at KPMG and enjoy working with my co-workers and the group I support. The most challenging part of the job is – more... the introduction of new computer computer systems and programs on a regular basis. We are constantly in a learning curve with new systems and that can make it challenging to gain any work momentum. – less
great company, great learning environment
Junior Clerk, AP (Current Employee), torontoDecember 7, 2012
Pros: environment, brandname
Cons: long hours and workload
great company, great learning environment. i love it there and would love to be there for a longer time
Stimulating learning environment
Senior Consultant in Advisory Services (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 10, 2012
Pros: learning
Cons: pain associated with investing time / forgone wages for future gain
A fast paced learning atmosphere; a career accelerator due to the variety of experiences gained in a relatively short period of time.
Excellent Client - Responsive and Proactive
Benefits Administration Functional Lead PS 8.9 (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 1, 2012
Client was a pleasure to work with - very good communication and support.
Great Place to Work
Office Facilitator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 11, 2012
Pros: they had alot of staff functions you could attend after work hours.
Cons: coming in at 2 in the morning for security issues.
Variety of work in the position I did.
We were offer skillsoft training on computer courses.
The Management staff were very busy and we provided services to them so they could concentrate on the work they had.
My co-workers were great to work with. We had fun joking around to ease any stressful situations on hand.
The harderst part of the job- nothing – more... as long as you kept up with your duties every day,
I enjoyed coming to work everyday, the people that worked there were great, I loved all the different duties that I did. – less
Office room for managers plus 4 weeks vacation to start with
IT Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 13, 2012
Pros: free coffee, dedicated offices for managers (2 per room)
Cons: low pay, no innovation, behind in several technologies
No innovation
management wants band-aid solutions and do not want to spend $$ of long-term fixes
Supportive managers and programs.
Supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 22, 2012
A great place to work, particularly if you're client facing. Unfortunately there is a clear distinction between those that generate profit for the firm and those that don't.
Loved it....some downside but probably my favourite employer.
National Marketing Director, Tax (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 18, 2012
Working hard with really bright people was a lot of fun. The compensation plan was great. The work/life balance was a little more towards the work side and there was always a feeling that tenure for non-partners or billable people was not that secure.
Great firm with emphasis on career and educational development whilst providing superior client service.
Senior Accountant 2 (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioApril 4, 2012
Pros: continous growth, emphasis on career, educational development
Cons: long hours
KPMG is a multinational big four firm providing excellent opportunities for its staff to learn, develop, and continously grow as professionals.
KMPG Canada is an awesome place to work if you want a good friendly culture.
Web (Current Employee), Toronto, CanadaSeptember 22, 2011
Pros: peace of mind
Cons: salary
I have been working for KPMG Canada for sometime now, listing a few points about my experience with KPMG Cananda Web Services Department, Information Technology.
* Amazing culture and everyone is extremely nice.
*Value and respect everyone's opinion
*They don't pay the best but competitive salary packages.
*Great management especially for new employee.
*Diversity – more... and culture respect for all. – less
Business Development Implementation Program
Regional Partner-Director (Former Employee), São Paulo, BrazilDecember 16, 2014
Reporting to the Partner Global Leader of the IberoAmericas Program in the United States and Markets Partner Leader Brazil, and with a team of 9 indirect and 14 indirect reports in the region, annual revenues of USD 90 million.
• Prepared and implemented the IberoAmericas Program focus on 42 key accounts, increasing revenues by 27%.
• Consolidated regional – more... cross-selling, increasing revenues by 52% in the region. – less
Great company
Manager, Audit (Former Employee), 台北市, TPEDecember 15, 2014
Great company to work for. Great people and culture. Interesting work.
Great company
Assistant Manager, Human Resources (Former Employee), IndiaDecember 14, 2014
Nice company to grow and learn in.
Lots of opportunities to try your hands on new things
fun place
Compliance Associate (Former Employee), londonDecember 14, 2014
Good incentive
fast paced
Good career progression
Good management
Fulfilled Big 4 Stereotype
Advisory Associate (Current Employee), St. LouisDecember 11, 2014
Pros: vacation & benefits
Cons: hours & culture
KPMG has a lot of great perks. As an associate, I came in with 25 days of vacation, a great salary, and the ability to work from home if I needed to. However, they expect you to sell your soul. EVERYONE here drinks the Kool-Aid and they all love it. There are 4 - 5 months of the year where people are required work a minimum of 55 chargeable hours each – more... week (checking email/travel/etc. doesn't count) and no one blinks an eye. Everyone here is your stereotypical white collar, frat boy/sorority girl jerk, and if you don't have the same Type A love of sports, getting white-girl wasted, and working your life away, you won't fit in. It's worse than being in high school. I cannot wait to get out. – less
Productive Workplace
Senior Manager / Associate Director (Current Employee), NetherlandsDecember 11, 2014
Pros: the cameradery amongs collegues
Cons: commercial pressure exeeds in long hours..
KPMG is a challenging world. Due to it's partner structure and the mandatory trainings and commercial goals. I like the expertise, sharing information and willingness to stimulate personal growth by individual planning and coaching.
very productive and good teamwork
IT Audit Manager (Former Employee), HarareDecember 10, 2014
Pros: open door policy, sports ;dialogue
Cons: long hours
typical day at work was spent meeting with clients and performing audits
i learnt a lot about auditing and other advisory work
management is very strong on open door policy and are always there when needed. they also give very good guidance and direction . they were also open to dialogue anytime
co-workers were very hardworking and strong on teamwork. – more... also respected the individual
hardest part of the job was long hours in order to meet the audit and client demands
meeting clients and implementing solutions that increased productivity and efficiency – less
Excellent environment
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Denville, NJDecember 9, 2014
Pros: constant flow of work
Cons: temporary contract assignment
Job was very easy, very specific and to the point. Excellent atmosphere. I learned a lot of skills.

About KPMG

KPMG LLP, the audit, tax and advisory firm, is the U.S. member firm of KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"). – Read more