KPMG Employee Reviews

Great team environment, great people to work for and with.
Senior Accounting Associate, CA (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 October 2015
Must be able to manage your time and communicate with clients (CEOs, CFOs, Controllers) on an ongoing basis. Building relationships is key to my job.
Pros
Banked OT and flex days
Cons
Long hours during busy season
Workforce Analytics
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  London25 December 2015
I enjoyed working here for Workforce Analytics ,Project Management
Application development. I have designed several workforce optimisation and strategic analytics solutions. I am an SME of the subject.
Great Place to work
MANAGER, STRATEGY & OPERATIONS (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 March 2016
Old fashioned mentality focusing on results. Great place to work and learn a lot about a variety of things. People were great.
Great Experience
Events Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto7 June 2014
Working at KPMG is an experience that I am very thankful for. It provided me with so many connections and a true learning experience. KMPG is where I learnt about working with customers and how to deal with adversity. A typical day at work would be just to contact various companies and ask them about if they are interested in helping and sponsoring our events. Management was extremely friendly and were great along the way. I made so many great relationships working at KPMG and that was probably the most enjoyable part of the job. I wouldn't say anything was hard but probably the most trying was the commute to KPMG from where I live.
Pros
Great people, great events
Cons
Travel
Excellent learning curve
Senior Audit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pakistan27 October 2014
If you are working for one of top 4 public accounting firms in the world, it goes without saying that amazing career progression opportunities lie ahead for you once you have completed your training and obtained your accounting designation, since working for big 4 gives you the chance to provide assurance services across diversed industries, including manufacturing, financial services, hospitality, public sector, NGOs and state organizations such as utilities etc.

My learning curve was always at 90 degrees while I was at KPMG, providing immense academic and job satisfaction.
Great Opportunity to get truly global experience
Global HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 February 2016
- Great flexibility working in a global role
- Smart individuals that are results oriented
- Hardest part of the job is working virtually with a majority of team based in other offices
Great Place to Work
Office Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 July 2012
Variety of work in the position I did.
We were offer skillsoft training on computer courses.
The Management staff were very busy and we provided services to them so they could concentrate on the work they had.
My co-workers were great to work with. We had fun joking around to ease any stressful situations on hand.
The harderst part of the job- nothing as long as you kept up with your duties every day,
I enjoyed coming to work everyday, the people that worked there were great, I loved all the different duties that I did.
Pros
they had alot of staff functions you could attend after work hours.
Cons
coming in at 2 in the morning for security issues.
Excellent usually but hectic sometimes
Assistant Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 February 2016
It is an excellent place to work with brilliant people around. The facilities are good. The office is well located in downtown
Challenging, Fast Paced, Work Hard Play Hard Environment
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto20 July 2015
Technical skills gained in the area of communication, oral and written presentation, drafting financial statements, accounting and auditing

Great flexibility as a Manager and Senior Manager

Hardest part of the job is balance between work and social life

Enjoyable part is working with senior people within the firm as well as C-suit executives of private and public companies
Great place to start and advance your career
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 September 2014
KPMG is a great place to start and advance your career. You get the opportunity to work with a diverse group of bright people. Career goals are defined and they have a great performance management process.
Very professional and productive place to work. Learning is endless and every day is rewarding.
IT Support Analyst - Helpdesk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 March 2015
Work is fast-paced. Numerous projects presented opportunities for vast learning and professional, as well as personal development. Management is very supportive and approachable. Coworkers are pleasant and productive and are excellent team players.
Pros
Management and coworkers are great tam players and are supportive and approachable
Cons
Located in Downtown, Toronto
Great Experience to gain
Audit Staff Accountant, Oil and Gas (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 May 2014
It was a great experience and the people are great to work with. They encourage work life balance and as I volunteer quite a bit they encourage that. The most enjoyable part is working with so many different clients as I am very personable and I was able to utilize my strengths.
Pros
Ongoing training seminars and the people
Cons
The environment
Team Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2015
KPMG is a great place to work. It encourages work and life balance and positive feedback in order to help you grow in your career.

I enjoyed being an Team Administrative Assistant as it allowed me to talk to other teams on other floors and in different departments and to learn new skills and develop my experience as an Administrative Assistant.
It was a long time ago now... but I look back fondly
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 November 2015
KPMG provided an environment to learn and to advance with a considerable breadth of experience. The people, in particular, made it worthwhile and enjoyable.
Pros
Breadth of environments to work and learn in...
Cons
We were young and couldn't fully take advantage of the opportunitites
Excellent environment and work culture
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 November 2014
Great company to work for - long hours but you get the opportunity to learn a lot.
Pros
very flexible about vacations and working from home policies
# 1 in professional services firms
PMO Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2015
Excellent culture and a supportive work environment. The CEO is very well respected. Over the past 5 years the firm has built a solid partnership with community fund-raising events and this has created a very positive employee experience.
A challenging yet rewardable working place.
Consultant - Financial Risk Management (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 June 2013
Everyday, or even every minute, is different here in KPMG Risk Consulting. I have been involved in various audit and advisory projects for two years. My clients includes big five banks, prominent pension funds, regulatory and govenment agencies.
Hardest part, which I found also the most interesting part of my job is I have to interact with the smartest people (my coworkers and clients) in the world on a daily basis. I learnt different skills from each of them. I was given great opportunities to coach COOP/ Junior Consultant while strengthening my leadership.
Pros
Our work ethic is well recognized in the world.
Cons
Huge turnover
Professional environment, skills and knowledge improvement and sharing, friendly people
Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 April 2014
A typical day at work starts at 8.30 - 9.00 am with checking email, news and new information provided in a dataroom, which is of a high interest. It is then used in further work/analysis.
Employees are often involved into project work, which is carried out by teams of a few people. On average these people spend a few weeks working together and it is common to share/discuss news, have small talks, etc in addition to work. It is not a rare case that project management joins the team in project room. This makes management and employees closer and this is a very nice part of work.
Having good relations at work is important for me and I usually have friends-colleagues. We normally spend lunch time together, chat, go out on Fridays, etc.
The most enjoyable part of my work is that I'm surrounded by people and have a chance to learn constantly from others and share my experience. Some people are really great characters, working with them is fun. Some have rare skills and they share them.
The hardest part of the job is overtime and unpredictable working hours, but when projects are over, employees are compensated for these hours, which is a good deal.
Great learning opportunities
Manager, Advisory- Risk Consulting (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 August 2015
Internal Audit Co-sourcing engagements. Got the opportunity to work on a variety of clients. Great co-workers. Long hours. The socials are great.
Amazaing Culture
Manager, Management Consulting (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2015
One of the best place to work for. Amazing culture with diverse people from different background. It is a fun place to be.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KPMG. Our community is ready to answer.