KPMG Employee Reviews in Canada

Great firm with emphasis on career and educational development whilst providing superior client service.
Senior Accountant 2 (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioApril 4, 2012
KPMG is a multinational big four firm providing excellent opportunities for its staff to learn, develop, and continously grow as professionals.
Pros
continous growth, emphasis on career, educational development
Working at KPMG
Corporate Tax Intern (Former Employee) –  MalaysiaJuly 22, 2015
Great company to work with. I went through proper orientation and training to give us a better understanding of our job responsibilities. I was able to ask questions from my co-workers whenever I have trouble resolving problems. Also, this company provide flexibility where I am able to work from home when needed
Exemplary financial services and professional services firm
Senior Advisor, Transactions & Restructuring (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 30, 2013
A fantastic place to begin a career in finance or accounting, KPMG, a big four accounting firm, placed the necessary resources at my disposal at every step of my development through Audit and Assurance services as well as M&A and Transactions due diligence work.

I had the pleasure of working with exemplary co-workers, the majority of which are highly-skilled and sought-after professionals with great experience.

The hardest part of the job is maintaining sufficient motivation in an accounting-driven structure when my true focus is developing my skills in Finance in a banking or private equity-related position.
Good opportunities for career advancement
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 19, 2013
Working as an admin assistannt with KPMG has its rewards and challenges. It is a busy and deadline-oriented work environment, with many oportunities for learning new skills. The best part about the company is the people. I have many friends at KPMG and enjoy working with my co-workers and the group I support. The most challenging part of the job is the introduction of new computer computer systems and programs on a regular basis. We are constantly in a learning curve with new systems and that can make it challenging to gain any work momentum.
Pros
good people, good benefits
Cons
contstant technological upgrades/changes.
Great Place to Work
Office Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 11, 2012
Variety of work in the position I did.
We were offer skillsoft training on computer courses.
The Management staff were very busy and we provided services to them so they could concentrate on the work they had.
My co-workers were great to work with. We had fun joking around to ease any stressful situations on hand.
The harderst part of the job- nothing as long as you kept up with your duties every day,
I enjoyed coming to work everyday, the people that worked there were great, I loved all the different duties that I did.
Pros
they had alot of staff functions you could attend after work hours.
Cons
coming in at 2 in the morning for security issues.
Audit Senior (Former Employee) –  AlexandriaAugust 19, 2015
My + 6 years experience in KPMG hazem Hassan the lead financial service firm in Egypt allows me to have the tools , overview and experience
Great Experience to gain
Audit Staff Accountant, Oil and Gas (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 15, 2014
It was a great experience and the people are great to work with. They encourage work life balance and as I volunteer quite a bit they encourage that. The most enjoyable part is working with so many different clients as I am very personable and I was able to utilize my strengths.
Pros
ongoing training seminars and the people
Cons
the environment
Professional environment, skills and knowledge improvement and sharing, friendly people
Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 1, 2014
A typical day at work starts at 8.30 - 9.00 am with checking email, news and new information provided in a dataroom, which is of a high interest. It is then used in further work/analysis.
Employees are often involved into project work, which is carried out by teams of a few people. On average these people spend a few weeks working together and it is common to share/discuss news, have small talks, etc in addition to work. It is not a rare case that project management joins the team in project room. This makes management and employees closer and this is a very nice part of work.
Having good relations at work is important for me and I usually have friends-colleagues. We normally spend lunch time together, chat, go out on Fridays, etc.
The most enjoyable part of my work is that I'm surrounded by people and have a chance to learn constantly from others and share my experience. Some people are really great characters, working with them is fun. Some have rare skills and they share them.
The hardest part of the job is overtime and unpredictable working hours, but when projects are over, employees are compensated for these hours, which is a good deal.
My first Insolvency Job
INSOLVENCY ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 5, 2015
Great people, but I had to move to another company for advancement. It was a great learning experience because the people helped you learn and took their time to help. I still keep in touch with all employees
Professional services environment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 5, 2015
Provided a variety of administrative services to several senior Partners.

Reviewed and approved approx. 120 expense reports weekly

Managed semi-annual Performance Management process
Excellent environment and work culture
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 25, 2014
Great company to work for - long hours but you get the opportunity to learn a lot.
Pros
very flexible about vacations and working from home policies
Had great People and Benifits
Insolvency Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 22, 2015
Encourage growth by allowing you to take courses to upgrade your technical skills and abilities benefiting growth. A great environment.
Great Corporate Culture
PMO Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 10, 2014
-Great culture
-Supportive colleagues
-Learned a lot
-Able to put my skills to use as well as develop new skills
Very modern, cutting edge, intellectual, collaborative environment
Talent Attraction Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 25, 2014
Wonderful team environment, facilitates high level of collaboration. Career opportunities for shared service in Toronto and Calgary, negligible opportunities in other geographies. Work load excessively heavy, prevents opportunity of participating on other projects.
Good Company to Work - If you are a CA
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 1, 2013
KPMG offers great benefits. However you have to be prepared to work. If you have a young family, this is not for you. You pretty much have to dedicate your entire life to the company while employed there. And if you don't have your CA / CGA / CMA, then get it. People who don't have this won't get very far and won't be treated equally.
Great opportunities, strong work culture
Manager, Advisory Services (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 26, 2014
A+

Strong team culture in a large organization, opportunities to work in different groups.
Great place to start your career!
Consultant, Risk Advisory (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 12, 2014
- Great career advancement opportunities.
- Challenging environment, but can be rewarding
This is a great company to be a part of!
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 23, 2014
KPMG is a leading professional services firm, and I know why. They take good care of their people!
Pros
great perks, a real emphasis on work/life balance
Office room for managers plus 4 weeks vacation to start with
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 13, 2012
No innovation
management wants band-aid solutions and do not want to spend $$ of long-term fixes
Pros
free coffee, dedicated offices for managers (2 per room)
Cons
low pay, no innovation, behind in several technologies
Stimulating learning environment
Senior Consultant in Advisory Services (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 10, 2012
A fast paced learning atmosphere; a career accelerator due to the variety of experiences gained in a relatively short period of time.
Pros
learning
Cons
pain associated with investing time / forgone wages for future gain