KPMG Employee Reviews

My first Insolvency Job
INSOLVENCY ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2015
Great people, but I had to move to another company for advancement. It was a great learning experience because the people helped you learn and took their time to help. I still keep in touch with all employees
Professional services environment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2015
Provided a variety of administrative services to several senior Partners.

Reviewed and approved approx. 120 expense reports weekly

Managed semi-annual Performance Management process
Great Corporate Culture
PMO Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 December 2014
-Great culture
-Supportive colleagues
-Learned a lot
-Able to put my skills to use as well as develop new skills
The good, the bad, the ugly
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 December 2014
Work hard, learn lots, system upgrade every 3 years. Difficult to get momentum. Managers, senior managers and partners will squeeze the life of you. If you're starting your accounting career, you found your company, after 3-4 years, you'll be looking at other opportunity. Every month, you get 1-2 good bye emails, Take the emotional out of the equation, bottom line is the most important and utilization.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Management misfits
Excellent environment and work culture
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 November 2014
Great company to work for - long hours but you get the opportunity to learn a lot.
Pros
very flexible about vacations and working from home policies
Excellent learning curve
Senior Audit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pakistan27 October 2014
If you are working for one of top 4 public accounting firms in the world, it goes without saying that amazing career progression opportunities lie ahead for you once you have completed your training and obtained your accounting designation, since working for big 4 gives you the chance to provide assurance services across diversed industries, including manufacturing, financial services, hospitality, public sector, NGOs and state organizations such as utilities etc.

My learning curve was always at 90 degrees while I was at KPMG, providing immense academic and job satisfaction.
Great place to start and advance your career
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 September 2014
KPMG is a great place to start and advance your career. You get the opportunity to work with a diverse group of bright people. Career goals are defined and they have a great performance management process.
Motivated work environment, good team spirit among colleagues.
Supplier Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario15 September 2014
Motivated work environment, good team spirit among colleagues.
Good people
Mailroom Clerk (Temp.) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 September 2014
Overall as a temp, I had a good time there and met good people.
Great place to learn and develop
HR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 September 2014
KPMG is focused on the continuous development of its professionals. It is a fast-paced environment with challenging opportunities.
KPMG Canada Summary
IT Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 September 2014
Decent job culture, a bit low on the pay scale but they do have a decent benefits package.

They say there's advancement within the company but many prefer to look outside the company when hiring for the better positions.

Decent company to work for, but if you want to advance - look elsewhere and then come back to them as you'll advance quicker that route than internally.
Great opportunities, strong work culture
Manager, Advisory Services (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 August 2014
A+

Strong team culture in a large organization, opportunities to work in different groups.
Great place to start your career!
Consultant, Risk Advisory (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 June 2014
- Great career advancement opportunities.
- Challenging environment, but can be rewarding
Great Experience
Events Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto7 June 2014
Working at KPMG is an experience that I am very thankful for. It provided me with so many connections and a true learning experience. KMPG is where I learnt about working with customers and how to deal with adversity. A typical day at work would be just to contact various companies and ask them about if they are interested in helping and sponsoring our events. Management was extremely friendly and were great along the way. I made so many great relationships working at KPMG and that was probably the most enjoyable part of the job. I wouldn't say anything was hard but probably the most trying was the commute to KPMG from where I live.
Pros
Great people, great events
Cons
Travel
Great Experience to gain
Audit Staff Accountant, Oil and Gas (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 May 2014
It was a great experience and the people are great to work with. They encourage work life balance and as I volunteer quite a bit they encourage that. The most enjoyable part is working with so many different clients as I am very personable and I was able to utilize my strengths.
Pros
Ongoing training seminars and the people
Cons
The environment
This is a great company to be a part of!
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 April 2014
KPMG is a leading professional services firm, and I know why. They take good care of their people!
Pros
Great perks, a real emphasis on work/life balance
Productive workplace together with lots of learning and challenges
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  TORONTO, CA16 April 2014
I am working here as an Intern. I learn a lot , as all the co- workers were not only cooperative but also shared their knowledge. The environment is great while my boss is a great lady to work with
Cons
its a placement
Professional environment, skills and knowledge improvement and sharing, friendly people
Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 April 2014
A typical day at work starts at 8.30 - 9.00 am with checking email, news and new information provided in a dataroom, which is of a high interest. It is then used in further work/analysis.
Employees are often involved into project work, which is carried out by teams of a few people. On average these people spend a few weeks working together and it is common to share/discuss news, have small talks, etc in addition to work. It is not a rare case that project management joins the team in project room. This makes management and employees closer and this is a very nice part of work.
Having good relations at work is important for me and I usually have friends-colleagues. We normally spend lunch time together, chat, go out on Fridays, etc.
The most enjoyable part of my work is that I'm surrounded by people and have a chance to learn constantly from others and share my experience. Some people are really great characters, working with them is fun. Some have rare skills and they share them.
The hardest part of the job is overtime and unpredictable working hours, but when projects are over, employees are compensated for these hours, which is a good deal.
Professional and Team Environment
Executive Assistant - Senior Partner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 April 2014
Its important for me to work in a team environment with professional individuals
A great company to start your career with
Staff Accountant- Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  calgary, canada9 March 2014
A great company with great people. Working as a summer intern, i got to learn a lot of things about assurance and tax. I was working there in the summer so the work load was not too much.