KPMG

KPMG Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good learning, better work-life than other big 4
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 15, 2013
Great place to learn and then move on. Benefits are competitive and lots of time off in the summer. Work-life is better than competitors (the other big 4) but still not competitive with industry. Great place to make a career if you like your field.
Very hard work, great experience
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 15, 2013
Working at a big four involves incredibly hard work, with the opportunity to obtain the CA designation with the best resources. The employees are very type-A and will exploit employees for personal gain
A challenging yet rewardable working place.
Consultant - Financial Risk Management (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 30, 2013
Pros: our work ethic is well recognized in the world.
Cons: huge turnover
Everyday, or even every minute, is different here in KPMG Risk Consulting. I have been involved in various audit and advisory projects for two years. My clients includes big five banks, prominent pension funds, regulatory and govenment agencies.
Hardest part, which I found also the most interesting part of my job is I have to interact with the smartest – more... people (my coworkers and clients) in the world on a daily basis. I learnt different skills from each of them. I was given great opportunities to coach COOP/ Junior Consultant while strengthening my leadership. – less
Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Toront, OnJune 16, 2013
Great place to work . Great values, work life balance not so much
Great work environment
Senior Accountant, Financial Institutions (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 10, 2013
During my present role, I perform the following tasks:

- audit public/private financial statements'
- complete and monitor project budgets
- review work performed by junior staff
Exemplary financial services and professional services firm
Senior Advisor, Transactions & Restructuring (Current Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCMay 30, 2013
A fantastic place to begin a career in finance or accounting, KPMG, a big four accounting firm, placed the necessary resources at my disposal at every step of my development through Audit and Assurance services as well as M&A and Transactions due diligence work.

I had the pleasure of working with exemplary co-workers, the majority of which are highly-skilled – more... and sought-after professionals with great experience.

The hardest part of the job is maintaining sufficient motivation in an accounting-driven structure when my true focus is developing my skills in Finance in a banking or private equity-related position. – less
Great projects, unclear company direction
Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 5, 2013
Good exposure to interesting clients/projects, high turnover among staff, management has no clear direction on where they want to take the firm
For those on the professional track it is an excellent company
Senior Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 12, 2013
Pros: kpmg partners
Cons: advancement
Professional service marketing must be accepted as a single life track as it is completely different from consumer marketing. Once on this track, commitment is key. KPMG is a solid company to work for. The vision set by management is one that those who have the highest professional and personal goals can live by.

The category Job Security/Advancement – more... is a contradiction in terms. At KPMG it's the Advancement category that is the difficulty. The work is hugely enjoyable and rewarding. KPMG partners are the best that I've seen anywhere. – less
Typical big 4
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 23, 2013
Work hard, learn lots, get paid little. Means to and end. Intense hours.
Meetings with Team, Client and review of work
Senior Manager-Advisory Services (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: gain valuable experience in varaiety of industries
Cons: time constraints
Apreciation at work is improtant and I get this lot from my boss and make sure to pass it on to my team.
Good opportunities for career advancement
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 19, 2013
Pros: good people, good benefits
Cons: contstant technological upgrades/changes.
Working as an admin assistannt with KPMG has its rewards and challenges. It is a busy and deadline-oriented work environment, with many oportunities for learning new skills. The best part about the company is the people. I have many friends at KPMG and enjoy working with my co-workers and the group I support. The most challenging part of the job is – more... the introduction of new computer computer systems and programs on a regular basis. We are constantly in a learning curve with new systems and that can make it challenging to gain any work momentum. – less
great company, great learning environment
Junior Clerk, AP (Current Employee), torontoDecember 7, 2012
Pros: environment, brandname
Cons: long hours and workload
great company, great learning environment. i love it there and would love to be there for a longer time
Stimulating learning environment
Senior Consultant in Advisory Services (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 10, 2012
Pros: learning
Cons: pain associated with investing time / forgone wages for future gain
A fast paced learning atmosphere; a career accelerator due to the variety of experiences gained in a relatively short period of time.
Excellent Client - Responsive and Proactive
Benefits Administration Functional Lead PS 8.9 (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 1, 2012
Client was a pleasure to work with - very good communication and support.
Great Place to Work
Office Facilitator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 11, 2012
Pros: they had alot of staff functions you could attend after work hours.
Cons: coming in at 2 in the morning for security issues.
Variety of work in the position I did.
We were offer skillsoft training on computer courses.
The Management staff were very busy and we provided services to them so they could concentrate on the work they had.
My co-workers were great to work with. We had fun joking around to ease any stressful situations on hand.
The harderst part of the job- nothing – more... as long as you kept up with your duties every day,
I enjoyed coming to work everyday, the people that worked there were great, I loved all the different duties that I did. – less
Office room for managers plus 4 weeks vacation to start with
IT Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 13, 2012
Pros: free coffee, dedicated offices for managers (2 per room)
Cons: low pay, no innovation, behind in several technologies
No innovation
management wants band-aid solutions and do not want to spend $$ of long-term fixes
Supportive managers and programs.
Supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 22, 2012
A great place to work, particularly if you're client facing. Unfortunately there is a clear distinction between those that generate profit for the firm and those that don't.
Loved it....some downside but probably my favourite employer.
National Marketing Director, Tax (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 18, 2012
Working hard with really bright people was a lot of fun. The compensation plan was great. The work/life balance was a little more towards the work side and there was always a feeling that tenure for non-partners or billable people was not that secure.
Great firm with emphasis on career and educational development whilst providing superior client service.
Senior Accountant 2 (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioApril 4, 2012
Pros: continous growth, emphasis on career, educational development
Cons: long hours
KPMG is a multinational big four firm providing excellent opportunities for its staff to learn, develop, and continously grow as professionals.
KMPG Canada is an awesome place to work if you want a good friendly culture.
Web (Current Employee), Toronto, CanadaSeptember 22, 2011
Pros: peace of mind
Cons: salary
I have been working for KPMG Canada for sometime now, listing a few points about my experience with KPMG Cananda Web Services Department, Information Technology.
* Amazing culture and everyone is extremely nice.
*Value and respect everyone's opinion
*They don't pay the best but competitive salary packages.
*Great management especially for new employee.
*Diversity – more... and culture respect for all. – less

About KPMG

KPMG LLP, the audit, tax and advisory firm, is the U.S. member firm of KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"). – Read more