KPMG Employee Reviews

Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Sudbury ON9 September 2015
I love what i do at KPMG - I am part of a great administrative team who not only count on me when they need a hand but also help be grow in my position to prepare myself for any future roles within the company.
I work on review engagement files and T2 and the challenges are every day I find something newer stuff to be dealt with.
Senior Accountant, Audit (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 September 2015
KPMG is very attractive place to work. Lot of funs there. All people are really good. Flexible time. They always try to balance work-life and family life though it's very hard at this fast space environment.
Pros
Free coffees and many social events during the year
Audit Senior (Former Employee) –  Alexandria19 August 2015
My + 6 years experience in KPMG hazem Hassan the lead financial service firm in Egypt allows me to have the tools , overview and experience
Great learning opportunities
Manager, Advisory- Risk Consulting (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 August 2015
Internal Audit Co-sourcing engagements. Got the opportunity to work on a variety of clients. Great co-workers. Long hours. The socials are great.
Working at KPMG
Corporate Tax Intern (Former Employee) –  Malaysia22 July 2015
Great company to work with. I went through proper orientation and training to give us a better understanding of our job responsibilities. I was able to ask questions from my co-workers whenever I have trouble resolving problems. Also, this company provide flexibility where I am able to work from home when needed
Challenging, Fast Paced, Work Hard Play Hard Environment
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto20 July 2015
Technical skills gained in the area of communication, oral and written presentation, drafting financial statements, accounting and auditing

Great flexibility as a Manager and Senior Manager

Hardest part of the job is balance between work and social life

Enjoyable part is working with senior people within the firm as well as C-suit executives of private and public companies
Great place to start your career
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC4 July 2015
Being an associate at KPMG is mostly comprised of travelling to client sites and performing audit procedures with client management. The Burnaby practice is focused on privately-traded enterprise clients.

The learning curve can be steep to begin with, but is overall quite easy to adapt to once you get your feet wet a few months in.

Partners and other management staff are great, being extremely supportive of your career aspirations, given that they understand it is not the average associate's goals to stay in public practice. Similarly, the co-workers are great as they are by-far some of the smartest people I've worked with and there's an abundance to learn from them, in addition to being great people to hang out with after work.

I would say the hardest part of the job is trying to fit your life into the work schedule, as while the firm tries its best to provide some balance, the nature of the business (client-driven deadlines) often does not allow for this. Also, the performance rating system can often seem rather subjective and political rather than being based on objective merit.

The best part of the job is definitely the people you work with, as even though work can be mundane and long, going through it with intelligent, motivated, and likeable colleagues makes it really worth it.
Pros
High caliber of co-workers; opportunities for advancement; great learning
Cons
Long hours; often administrative tasks; performance rating system
Had great People and Benifits
Insolvency Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2015
Encourage growth by allowing you to take courses to upgrade your technical skills and abilities benefiting growth. A great environment.
Strong brand / demanding environment
Tax Manager - R&D Tax Incentives (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 May 2015
Overall, working at KPMG has been nothing but a benefit to my career. The exposure I've had to a myriad of business issues in accounting, tax and advisory has helped mold my perspective as an accountant and business advisor.
Pros
Flexible lifestyle
Cons
Uncompromising leadership
Team Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2015
KPMG is a great place to work. It encourages work and life balance and positive feedback in order to help you grow in your career.

I enjoyed being an Team Administrative Assistant as it allowed me to talk to other teams on other floors and in different departments and to learn new skills and develop my experience as an Administrative Assistant.
Fun
SENIOR STAFF ACCOUNTANT / AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON24 March 2015
KPMG is a great place to work at, I loved working for KPMG, I had a great time working for KPMG. KPMG is awesome. KPMG is a large accounting firm
Productive and Efficient place to work
Senior Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  Freetown13 March 2015
Professional work environment, respectful colleagues, great training and exposure on a wide range of matters.
Very great place to work.
Very professional and productive place to work. Learning is endless and every day is rewarding.
IT Support Analyst - Helpdesk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 March 2015
Work is fast-paced. Numerous projects presented opportunities for vast learning and professional, as well as personal development. Management is very supportive and approachable. Coworkers are pleasant and productive and are excellent team players.
Pros
Management and coworkers are great tam players and are supportive and approachable
Cons
Located in Downtown, Toronto
# 1 in professional services firms
PMO Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2015
Excellent culture and a supportive work environment. The CEO is very well respected. Over the past 5 years the firm has built a solid partnership with community fund-raising events and this has created a very positive employee experience.
Excellent Firm - Professional and great people combined.
Audit Senior, Financial Services Audit & Advisory (Former Employee) –  Ireland17 February 2015
KPMG provided me the opportunity to greatly enhance my professional communication and organisation, through exposure to large clients from various industries.
Broad experience in a respectful work environment
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2015
Great environment to gain broad experience. Very employee focused. Self motivated hard working individuals will find that they will get many opportunities to advance their careeer
Pros
Benefits and Salary
Cons
Management structure
Great company to work for
Audit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wellington24 January 2015
Great company to work for where you have opportunities to learn a lot about a wide range of business in a short amount of time.
Great company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Tax) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 January 2015
The job was really interesting in the sense I would work within a team of people from different level. I had to prioritise my work and be able to work under pressure.
The hardest part of the job was working during the Tax season which required a lot of work and overtime. I had to provide service excellence for not only poeple I worked for but also the Clients.
It was a very interesting job because I was able to work with different departments and people. Tasks varied from simple letter writting to proof reading documents, presentations, organise travel, have total responsibilities on people whereabouts and calendar.
Over all a very enjoyable job and company to work for.
Pros
Very good benefits
Cons
Worked long hours at time
My first Insolvency Job
INSOLVENCY ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2015
Great people, but I had to move to another company for advancement. It was a great learning experience because the people helped you learn and took their time to help. I still keep in touch with all employees
Professional services environment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2015
Provided a variety of administrative services to several senior Partners.

Reviewed and approved approx. 120 expense reports weekly