KPMG Employee Reviews in Canada

Amazaing Culture
Manager, Management Consulting (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 23, 2015
One of the best place to work for. Amazing culture with diverse people from different background. It is a fun place to be.
Not a great place to work
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 25, 2013
Worst job I ever had:
- Management is unapproachable, communication is one way and you are being talked down to, Partners and some Senior Managers have huge egos.
- The work is repetitive and uninspiring.
- Very limited career options for non-accountants.
- Unless you are an accountant, forget about ever becoming an Equity Partner, as this is 100% an accounting firm, only trying to market itself as a professional services firm.
- You will have to work very very hard to make sure the Equity Partners make their 7 figure bonuses, it's a pyramid scheme where most good people are fired or quit after a couple of years when they have burnt out.
- Many people working for this firm look 5-10 years older than they are. Those of you who are still in the firm, the sooner you realize you are being taken advantage of the better.
- You will not have time to enjoy (m)any of the perks you have, as the workload is to big. Forget about quality time with the family, defer getting married or plan a divorce, this will greatly help your career with the Firm.
- Always cover your back, never delete any emails, you will need them to protect yourself when you get stabbed in the back by your co-workers, as they are trying to save themselves from getting fired.
Pros
ok salary, but not amazing
Cons
to many to mention
Great learning experience
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  North York, ONNovember 23, 2015
KPMG provides their staff with a lot of responsibility from day one. A fun place to work as there are may staff within your age group.
Challenging, Fast Paced, Work Hard Play Hard Environment
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  TorontoJuly 20, 2015
Technical skills gained in the area of communication, oral and written presentation, drafting financial statements, accounting and auditing

Great flexibility as a Manager and Senior Manager

Hardest part of the job is balance between work and social life

Enjoyable part is working with senior people within the firm as well as C-suit executives of private and public companies
Loved it....some downside but probably my favourite employer.
National Marketing Director, Tax (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 18, 2012
Working hard with really bright people was a lot of fun. The compensation plan was great. The work/life balance was a little more towards the work side and there was always a feeling that tenure for non-partners or billable people was not that secure.
Good learning, better work-life than other big 4
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 15, 2013
Great place to learn and then move on. Benefits are competitive and lots of time off in the summer. Work-life is better than competitors (the other big 4) but still not competitive with industry. Great place to make a career if you like your field.
Excellent learning environment
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 16, 2015
The KPMG work environment is catered to providing an excellent learning experience with exposure to a wide variety of different industries.
Good company to work for
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  MontrealOctober 18, 2015
Good company to work for - interesting mandates, very dynamic, lots of challenge.
Great co-workers
The hardest part is to always satisfy customers despite multiple requests
Great learning opportunities
Manager, Advisory- Risk Consulting (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 10, 2015
Internal Audit Co-sourcing engagements. Got the opportunity to work on a variety of clients. Great co-workers. Long hours. The socials are great.
The good, the bad, the ugly
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCDecember 2, 2014
Work hard, learn lots, system upgrade every 3 years. Difficult to get momentum. Managers, senior managers and partners will squeeze the life of you. If you're starting your accounting career, you found your company, after 3-4 years, you'll be looking at other opportunity. Every month, you get 1-2 good bye emails, Take the emotional out of the equation, bottom line is the most important and utilization.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
management misfits
Good Company to Work - If you are a CA
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 1, 2013
KPMG offers great benefits. However you have to be prepared to work. If you have a young family, this is not for you. You pretty much have to dedicate your entire life to the company while employed there. And if you don't have your CA / CGA / CMA, then get it. People who don't have this won't get very far and won't be treated equally.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Sudbury ONSeptember 9, 2015
I love what i do at KPMG - I am part of a great administrative team who not only count on me when they need a hand but also help be grow in my position to prepare myself for any future roles within the company.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioAugust 18, 2013
KPMG was a great job. A large corporate employer with excellent benefits. I have moved from Toronto to Lindsay and I now want part-time work 15-20 hours per week.
Pros
great place to work
Working at KPMG
Corporate Tax Intern (Former Employee) –  MalaysiaJuly 22, 2015
Great company to work with. I went through proper orientation and training to give us a better understanding of our job responsibilities. I was able to ask questions from my co-workers whenever I have trouble resolving problems. Also, this company provide flexibility where I am able to work from home when needed
Team Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 26, 2015
KPMG is a great place to work. It encourages work and life balance and positive feedback in order to help you grow in your career.

I enjoyed being an Team Administrative Assistant as it allowed me to talk to other teams on other floors and in different departments and to learn new skills and develop my experience as an Administrative Assistant.
Audit Senior (Former Employee) –  AlexandriaAugust 19, 2015
My + 6 years experience in KPMG hazem Hassan the lead financial service firm in Egypt allows me to have the tools , overview and experience
Strong brand / demanding environment
Tax Manager - R&D Tax Incentives (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 4, 2015
Overall, working at KPMG has been nothing but a benefit to my career. The exposure I've had to a myriad of business issues in accounting, tax and advisory has helped mold my perspective as an accountant and business advisor.
Pros
Flexible lifestyle
Cons
Uncompromising leadership
Very professional and productive place to work. Learning is endless and every day is rewarding.
IT Support Analyst - Helpdesk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 12, 2015
Work is fast-paced. Numerous projects presented opportunities for vast learning and professional, as well as personal development. Management is very supportive and approachable. Coworkers are pleasant and productive and are excellent team players.
Pros
management and coworkers are great tam players and are supportive and approachable
Cons
located in downtown, toronto
For those on the professional track it is an excellent company
Senior Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 12, 2013
Professional service marketing must be accepted as a single life track as it is completely different from consumer marketing. Once on this track, commitment is key. KPMG is a solid company to work for. The vision set by management is one that those who have the highest professional and personal goals can live by.

The category Job Security/Advancement is a contradiction in terms. At KPMG it's the Advancement category that is the difficulty. The work is hugely enjoyable and rewarding. KPMG partners are the best that I've seen anywhere.
Pros
kpmg partners
Cons
advancement
# 1 in professional services firms
PMO Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2015
Excellent culture and a supportive work environment. The CEO is very well respected. Over the past 5 years the firm has built a solid partnership with community fund-raising events and this has created a very positive employee experience.