KPMG Employee Reviews in Canada

It was a long time ago now... but I look back fondly
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 12, 2015
KPMG provided an environment to learn and to advance with a considerable breadth of experience. The people, in particular, made it worthwhile and enjoyable.
Pros
Breadth of environments to work and learn in...
Cons
We were young and couldn't fully take advantage of the opportunitites
Amazaing Culture
Manager, Management Consulting (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 23, 2015
One of the best place to work for. Amazing culture with diverse people from different background. It is a fun place to be.
Loved it....some downside but probably my favourite employer.
National Marketing Director, Tax (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 18, 2012
Working hard with really bright people was a lot of fun. The compensation plan was great. The work/life balance was a little more towards the work side and there was always a feeling that tenure for non-partners or billable people was not that secure.
Good learning, better work-life than other big 4
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 15, 2013
Great place to learn and then move on. Benefits are competitive and lots of time off in the summer. Work-life is better than competitors (the other big 4) but still not competitive with industry. Great place to make a career if you like your field.
Great learning experience
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  North York, ONNovember 23, 2015
KPMG provides their staff with a lot of responsibility from day one. A fun place to work as there are may staff within your age group.
Challenging, Fast Paced, Work Hard Play Hard Environment
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  TorontoJuly 20, 2015
Technical skills gained in the area of communication, oral and written presentation, drafting financial statements, accounting and auditing

Great flexibility as a Manager and Senior Manager

Hardest part of the job is balance between work and social life

Enjoyable part is working with senior people within the firm as well as C-suit executives of private and public companies
The good, the bad, the ugly
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCDecember 2, 2014
Work hard, learn lots, system upgrade every 3 years. Difficult to get momentum. Managers, senior managers and partners will squeeze the life of you. If you're starting your accounting career, you found your company, after 3-4 years, you'll be looking at other opportunity. Every month, you get 1-2 good bye emails, Take the emotional out of the equation, bottom line is the most important and utilization.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
management misfits
Good Company to Work - If you are a CA
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 1, 2013
KPMG offers great benefits. However you have to be prepared to work. If you have a young family, this is not for you. You pretty much have to dedicate your entire life to the company while employed there. And if you don't have your CA / CGA / CMA, then get it. People who don't have this won't get very far and won't be treated equally.
Excellent learning environment
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 16, 2015
The KPMG work environment is catered to providing an excellent learning experience with exposure to a wide variety of different industries.
Great learning opportunities
Manager, Advisory- Risk Consulting (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 10, 2015
Internal Audit Co-sourcing engagements. Got the opportunity to work on a variety of clients. Great co-workers. Long hours. The socials are great.
Good company to work for
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  MontrealOctober 18, 2015
Good company to work for - interesting mandates, very dynamic, lots of challenge.
Great co-workers
The hardest part is to always satisfy customers despite multiple requests
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioAugust 18, 2013
KPMG was a great job. A large corporate employer with excellent benefits. I have moved from Toronto to Lindsay and I now want part-time work 15-20 hours per week.
Pros
great place to work
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Sudbury ONSeptember 9, 2015
I love what i do at KPMG - I am part of a great administrative team who not only count on me when they need a hand but also help be grow in my position to prepare myself for any future roles within the company.
Working at KPMG
Corporate Tax Intern (Former Employee) –  MalaysiaJuly 22, 2015
Great company to work with. I went through proper orientation and training to give us a better understanding of our job responsibilities. I was able to ask questions from my co-workers whenever I have trouble resolving problems. Also, this company provide flexibility where I am able to work from home when needed
For those on the professional track it is an excellent company
Senior Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 12, 2013
Professional service marketing must be accepted as a single life track as it is completely different from consumer marketing. Once on this track, commitment is key. KPMG is a solid company to work for. The vision set by management is one that those who have the highest professional and personal goals can live by.

The category Job Security/Advancement is a contradiction in terms. At KPMG it's the Advancement category that is the difficulty. The work is hugely enjoyable and rewarding. KPMG partners are the best that I've seen anywhere.
Pros
kpmg partners
Cons
advancement
Team Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 26, 2015
KPMG is a great place to work. It encourages work and life balance and positive feedback in order to help you grow in your career.

I enjoyed being an Team Administrative Assistant as it allowed me to talk to other teams on other floors and in different departments and to learn new skills and develop my experience as an Administrative Assistant.
Strong brand / demanding environment
Tax Manager - R&D Tax Incentives (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONMay 4, 2015
Overall, working at KPMG has been nothing but a benefit to my career. The exposure I've had to a myriad of business issues in accounting, tax and advisory has helped mold my perspective as an accountant and business advisor.
Pros
Flexible lifestyle
Cons
Uncompromising leadership
Very professional and productive place to work. Learning is endless and every day is rewarding.
IT Support Analyst - Helpdesk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 12, 2015
Work is fast-paced. Numerous projects presented opportunities for vast learning and professional, as well as personal development. Management is very supportive and approachable. Coworkers are pleasant and productive and are excellent team players.
Pros
management and coworkers are great tam players and are supportive and approachable
Cons
located in downtown, toronto
Audit Senior (Former Employee) –  AlexandriaAugust 19, 2015
My + 6 years experience in KPMG hazem Hassan the lead financial service firm in Egypt allows me to have the tools , overview and experience
Excellent learning curve
Senior Audit Supervisor (Former Employee) –  PakistanOctober 27, 2014
If you are working for one of top 4 public accounting firms in the world, it goes without saying that amazing career progression opportunities lie ahead for you once you have completed your training and obtained your accounting designation, since working for big 4 gives you the chance to provide assurance services across diversed industries, including manufacturing, financial services, hospitality, public sector, NGOs and state organizations such as utilities etc.

My learning curve was always at 90 degrees while I was at KPMG, providing immense academic and job satisfaction.