KPMG

KPMG Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
extensive learning with good career progression
Audit Associate (Former Employee), MalaysiaOctober 30, 2013
Pros: good co-workers and management
Cons: tight deadlines
I was mainly in charged with audit assignments after 6 months on the job. Audit assignments involve audit testing for each accounts of the company and then drafting the audited financial statements that needs to be checked and approved by the managers and partners before submission. Co-workers are extremely helpful and very caring. The hardest part – more... of the job is to deal with difficult clients and working under tight deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job is the family oriented culture in KPMG. – less
Productive, Exciting Work
Consultant, Management Consulting (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHOctober 8, 2013
Great work and working experience. I have already done two projects here with KPMG. People are extremely helpful and competent in this organisation. Among all consulting companies, KPMG by far has highest pay per working hour.
Extreme Passion - Accounting, Finance and Audit
Intern - Audit and Advisory Division (Former Employee), Doha, QatarOctober 7, 2013
Pros: the passion and drive is the pros
Cons: the passion ensures there are no cons
I am extremely passionate about the Accounting, Finance and Audit professions and am desirous of making it my career. I consider Finance as the blood stream of every organisation and only astute financial management, together with an engaged accounting team can produce the right Management Information for effective decision making. Finance staff are – more... the catalysts for any organisation and having an effective, embedded core Finance team can assist Business Unit Heads in managing business better, superior and efficiently. I love to contribute to an organisational goals by being a proactive member of the Finance team. – less
Productive and fun work place with Inter-firm net ball competitions.
Snr Assistant Accountant/Junior Business Advisor (Former Employee), Kingston, Jamaica W.I.October 2, 2013
It was a training filled day at work. I learnt how to improve our auditing skills in the planning of an audit, looking out for risk management procedures and applying them to the field work in the various industries.

Management was interactive with staff and good interpersonal relationship on the job contributes to good results.

Good interpersonal – more... relationship with co-workers also help to produce better results on the job.

The hardest part of the job was close out the files on time when clients cannot produce the information requested on time.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when things are flowing as planned and I receive little or no review notes. – less
Good Company to Work - If you are a CA
Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 1, 2013
KPMG offers great benefits. However you have to be prepared to work. If you have a young family, this is not for you. You pretty much have to dedicate your entire life to the company while employed there. And if you don't have your CA / CGA / CMA, then get it. People who don't have this won't get very far and won't be treated equally.
The company which give you the opportunities
Administrative Department Assistant (Former Employee), Saint-Petersburg, RussiaSeptember 18, 2013
I enjoyed working in KPMG, a big respectable company with great and professional employees.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioAugust 18, 2013
Pros: great place to work
KPMG was a great job. A large corporate employer with excellent benefits. I have moved from Toronto to Lindsay and I now want part-time work 15-20 hours per week.
Not a great place to work
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 25, 2013
Pros: ok salary, but not amazing
Cons: to many to mention
Worst job I ever had:
- Management is unapproachable, communication is one way and you are being talked down to, Partners and some Senior Managers have huge egos.
- The work is repetitive and uninspiring.
- Very limited career options for non-accountants.
- Unless you are an accountant, forget about ever becoming an Equity Partner, as this is 100% an – more... accounting firm, only trying to market itself as a professional services firm.
- You will have to work very very hard to make sure the Equity Partners make their 7 figure bonuses, it's a pyramid scheme where most good people are fired or quit after a couple of years when they have burnt out.
- Many people working for this firm look 5-10 years older than they are. Those of you who are still in the firm, the sooner you realize you are being taken advantage of the better.
- You will not have time to enjoy (m)any of the perks you have, as the workload is to big. Forget about quality time with the family, defer getting married or plan a divorce, this will greatly help your career with the Firm.
- Always cover your back, never delete any emails, you will need them to protect yourself when you get stabbed in the back by your co-workers, as they are trying to save themselves from getting fired. – less
Good learning, better work-life than other big 4
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 15, 2013
Great place to learn and then move on. Benefits are competitive and lots of time off in the summer. Work-life is better than competitors (the other big 4) but still not competitive with industry. Great place to make a career if you like your field.
Very hard work, great experience
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 15, 2013
Working at a big four involves incredibly hard work, with the opportunity to obtain the CA designation with the best resources. The employees are very type-A and will exploit employees for personal gain
Opportunity to learn and enhance knowledge
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), MalaysiaJuly 4, 2013
Pros: good learning place
Cons: long hours
- Good place to learn and experience in accounting sector
- Good people to work with
A challenging yet rewardable working place.
Consultant - Financial Risk Management (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 30, 2013
Pros: our work ethic is well recognized in the world.
Cons: huge turnover
Everyday, or even every minute, is different here in KPMG Risk Consulting. I have been involved in various audit and advisory projects for two years. My clients includes big five banks, prominent pension funds, regulatory and govenment agencies.
Hardest part, which I found also the most interesting part of my job is I have to interact with the smartest – more... people (my coworkers and clients) in the world on a daily basis. I learnt different skills from each of them. I was given great opportunities to coach COOP/ Junior Consultant while strengthening my leadership. – less
auditor life
Supervising Senior Auditor (Former Employee), 台北市, TPEJune 20, 2013
Pros: free telephone contract, incentive tour
Cons: long hours, tight schedule
I was very lucky that i had a good memories in KPMG(TW) as an auditor. i worked with my lovely colleagues and my supervisors. however, it was really a tough job. In order to meet our tight schedule deadline, cooperation, teamwork and full communication are the most important points that i learned and i will always keep in my mind. As you know, working – more... in the one of the biggest international accounting firm which let me learn the latest business trends, information and business practice help me improve not only knowledge but also make a lot of close friends. Those are the most enjoyable part of the job. – less
Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Toront, OnJune 16, 2013
Great place to work . Great values, work life balance not so much
Great work environment
Senior Accountant, Financial Institutions (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 10, 2013
During my present role, I perform the following tasks:

- audit public/private financial statements'
- complete and monitor project budgets
- review work performed by junior staff
Exemplary financial services and professional services firm
Senior Advisor, Transactions & Restructuring (Current Employee), Montréal, QCMay 30, 2013
A fantastic place to begin a career in finance or accounting, KPMG, a big four accounting firm, placed the necessary resources at my disposal at every step of my development through Audit and Assurance services as well as M&A and Transactions due diligence work.

I had the pleasure of working with exemplary co-workers, the majority of which are highly-skilled – more... and sought-after professionals with great experience.

The hardest part of the job is maintaining sufficient motivation in an accounting-driven structure when my true focus is developing my skills in Finance in a banking or private equity-related position. – less
Great projects, unclear company direction
Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 5, 2013
Good exposure to interesting clients/projects, high turnover among staff, management has no clear direction on where they want to take the firm
For those on the professional track it is an excellent company
Senior Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 12, 2013
Pros: kpmg partners
Cons: advancement
Professional service marketing must be accepted as a single life track as it is completely different from consumer marketing. Once on this track, commitment is key. KPMG is a solid company to work for. The vision set by management is one that those who have the highest professional and personal goals can live by.

The category Job Security/Advancement – more... is a contradiction in terms. At KPMG it's the Advancement category that is the difficulty. The work is hugely enjoyable and rewarding. KPMG partners are the best that I've seen anywhere. – less
Typical big 4
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 23, 2013
Work hard, learn lots, get paid little. Means to and end. Intense hours.
Meetings with Team, Client and review of work
Senior Manager-Advisory Services (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: gain valuable experience in varaiety of industries
Cons: time constraints
Apreciation at work is improtant and I get this lot from my boss and make sure to pass it on to my team.

About KPMG

KPMG is one of the largest professional services firms in the world and one of the Big Four auditors, along with Deloitte, Ernst – Read more