KPMG
1,040 reviews

KPMG Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Team Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 26, 2015
KPMG is a great place to work. It encourages work and life balance and positive feedback in order to help you grow in your career.

I enjoyed being an Team Administrative Assistant as it allowed me to talk to other teams on other floors and in different departments and to learn new skills and develop my experience as an Administrative Assistant.
Fun
SENIOR STAFF ACCOUNTANT / AUDITOR (Current Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 24, 2015
KPMG is a great place to work at, I loved working for KPMG, I had a great time working for KPMG. KPMG is awesome. KPMG is a large accounting firm
Productive and Efficient place to work
Senior Tax Associate (Former Employee), FreetownMarch 13, 2015
Professional work environment, respectful colleagues, great training and exposure on a wide range of matters.
Very great place to work.
Very professional and productive place to work. Learning is endless and every day is rewarding.
IT Support Analyst - Helpdesk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 12, 2015
Pros: management and coworkers are great tam players and are supportive and approachable
Cons: located in downtown, toronto
Work is fast-paced. Numerous projects presented opportunities for vast learning and professional, as well as personal development. Management is very supportive and approachable. Coworkers are pleasant and productive and are excellent team players.
# 1 in professional services firms
PMO Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2015
Excellent culture and a supportive work environment. The CEO is very well respected. Over the past 5 years the firm has built a solid partnership with community fund-raising events and this has created a very positive employee experience.
Excellent Firm - Professional and great people combined.
Audit Senior, Financial Services Audit & Advisory (Former Employee), IrelandFebruary 17, 2015
KPMG provided me the opportunity to greatly enhance my professional communication and organisation, through exposure to large clients from various industries.
Broad experience in a respectful work environment
Senior Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: benefits and salary
Cons: management structure
Great environment to gain broad experience. Very employee focused. Self motivated hard working individuals will find that they will get many opportunities to advance their careeer
Great company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Tax) (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: very good benefits
Cons: worked long hours at time
The job was really interesting in the sense I would work within a team of people from different level. I had to prioritise my work and be able to work under pressure.
The hardest part of the job was working during the Tax season which required a lot of work and overtime. I had to provide service excellence for not only poeple I worked for but also the Clients.
It was a very interesting job because I was able to work with different departments and people. Tasks varied from simple letter writting to proof reading documents, presentations, organise travel, have total responsibilities on people whereabouts and calendar.
Over all a very enjoyable job and company to work for.
My first Insolvency Job
INSOLVENCY ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 5, 2015
Great people, but I had to move to another company for advancement. It was a great learning experience because the people helped you learn and took their time to help. I still keep in touch with all employees
Professional services environment
Office Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 5, 2015
Provided a variety of administrative services to several senior Partners.

Reviewed and approved approx. 120 expense reports weekly

Managed semi-annual Performance Management process
Great Corporate Culture
PMO Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 10, 2014
-Great culture
-Supportive colleagues
-Learned a lot
-Able to put my skills to use as well as develop new skills
The good, the bad, the ugly
Administrator (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 2, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: management misfits
Work hard, learn lots, system upgrade every 3 years. Difficult to get momentum. Managers, senior managers and partners will squeeze the life of you. If you're starting your accounting career, you found your company, after 3-4 years, you'll be looking at other opportunity. Every month, you get 1-2 good bye emails, Take the emotional out of the equation, bottom line is the most important and utilization.
Excellent environment and work culture
Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 25, 2014
Pros: very flexible about vacations and working from home policies
Cons: long hours
Great company to work for - long hours but you get the opportunity to learn a lot.
Excellent learning curve
Senior Audit Supervisor (Former Employee), PakistanOctober 27, 2014
If you are working for one of top 4 public accounting firms in the world, it goes without saying that amazing career progression opportunities lie ahead for you once you have completed your training and obtained your accounting designation, since working for big 4 gives you the chance to provide assurance services across diversed industries, including manufacturing, financial services, hospitality, public sector, NGOs and state organizations such as utilities etc.

My learning curve was always at 90 degrees while I was at KPMG, providing immense academic and job satisfaction.
Great place to start and advance your career
Senior Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 29, 2014
KPMG is a great place to start and advance your career. You get the opportunity to work with a diverse group of bright people. Career goals are defined and they have a great performance management process.
Motivated work environment, good team spirit among colleagues.
Supplier Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioSeptember 15, 2014
Motivated work environment, good team spirit among colleagues.
Good people
Mailroom Clerk (Temp.) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 9, 2014
Overall as a temp, I had a good time there and met good people.
Great place to learn and develop
HR (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 8, 2014
KPMG is focused on the continuous development of its professionals. It is a fast-paced environment with challenging opportunities.
KPMG Canada Summary
IT Support Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 1, 2014
Decent job culture, a bit low on the pay scale but they do have a decent benefits package.

They say there's advancement within the company but many prefer to look outside the company when hiring for the better positions.

Decent company to work for, but if you want to advance - look elsewhere and then come back to them as you'll advance quicker that route than internally.
Great opportunities, strong work culture
Manager, Advisory Services (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 26, 2014
A+

Strong team culture in a large organization, opportunities to work in different groups.

1 2 3 4

About KPMG

KPMG LLP, the audit, tax and advisory firm, is the U.S. member firm of KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"). – Read more