KPMG

KPMG Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Experience
Events Volunteer (Former Employee), TorontoJune 7, 2014
Pros: great people, great events
Cons: travel
Working at KPMG is an experience that I am very thankful for. It provided me with so many connections and a true learning experience. KMPG is where I learnt about working with customers and how to deal with adversity. A typical day at work would be just to contact various companies and ask them about if they are interested in helping and sponsoring – more... our events. Management was extremely friendly and were great along the way. I made so many great relationships working at KPMG and that was probably the most enjoyable part of the job. I wouldn't say anything was hard but probably the most trying was the commute to KPMG from where I live. – less
Great Organization
Analyst (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHMay 27, 2014
Stresses on people development, a very value driven organization, where everyone is focused on sharing knowledge and developming others.
Great Experience to gain
Audit Staff Accountant, Oil and Gas (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 15, 2014
Pros: ongoing training seminars and the people
Cons: the environment
It was a great experience and the people are great to work with. They encourage work life balance and as I volunteer quite a bit they encourage that. The most enjoyable part is working with so many different clients as I am very personable and I was able to utilize my strengths.
Productive and Professional
Project Manager (Former Employee), Guangzhou & Hong Kong, ChinaMay 8, 2014
Typical day at work:
- Planning on fieldwork, engagement scope, staffing, budgeting
- Performed audit field work
- Communication with senior management of clients on audit findings.

What I have learned
IT audit, IT governance, business analysis, SOX compliance audit, risk assessment, financial analysis and audit, internal audit and market research.

Management – more... and co-workers are professional and productive

Hardest part of this job is to work under pressure while ensuring high quality's deliverables.

Most enjoyable part of this job is team work. – less
Productive workplace together with lots of learning and challenges
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), TORONTO, CAApril 16, 2014
Cons: its a placement
I am working here as an Intern. I learn a lot , as all the co- workers were not only cooperative but also shared their knowledge. The environment is great while my boss is a great lady to work with
Professional environment, skills and knowledge improvement and sharing, friendly people
Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 1, 2014
A typical day at work starts at 8.30 - 9.00 am with checking email, news and new information provided in a dataroom, which is of a high interest. It is then used in further work/analysis.
Employees are often involved into project work, which is carried out by teams of a few people. On average these people spend a few weeks working together and it is – more... common to share/discuss news, have small talks, etc in addition to work. It is not a rare case that project management joins the team in project room. This makes management and employees closer and this is a very nice part of work.
Having good relations at work is important for me and I usually have friends-colleagues. We normally spend lunch time together, chat, go out on Fridays, etc.
The most enjoyable part of my work is that I'm surrounded by people and have a chance to learn constantly from others and share my experience. Some people are really great characters, working with them is fun. Some have rare skills and they share them.
The hardest part of the job is overtime and unpredictable working hours, but when projects are over, employees are compensated for these hours, which is a good deal. – less
Professional and Team Environment
Executive Assistant - Senior Partner (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 1, 2014
Its important for me to work in a team environment with professional individuals
Work, when it does not feel like work
Senior Manager - Audit & Assurance (Former Employee), Lahore, PakistanMarch 24, 2014
Pros: always something new to learn
Cons: long hours
I enjoyed every bit of my work life. It is busy and fast paced with so many deadlines for so many different things. However; what I loved is the freedom to manage my own work and appreciation and acknowledgement from the team and higher management when I achieved something.

The hardest part was to meet or beat the project deadlines.

What I liked most – more... is how the entire team worked towards achieving this goal and always giving their best performance and always willing to help others and share the burden. – less
A great company to start your career with
Staff Accountant- Summer Intern (Former Employee), calgary, canadaMarch 9, 2014
A great company with great people. Working as a summer intern, i got to learn a lot of things about assurance and tax. I was working there in the summer so the work load was not too much.
Always a fun place
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 6, 2014
No matter what event was taking place, example world cup, there was always some kind of event planned around it to have the employees engaged
Hardworking environment with great training and people
Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: great training and people
Cons: long hours
KPMG has been a great place for me to start my career as a CA. They provide exensive training and great social events, however they do require long thank-less hours of work.

Overall I would recommend this company to anybody looking to start a career in accounting.
Great firm. Fantastic people.
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), TorontoFebruary 19, 2014
Great environment to learn and make great connections. Loved the professional environment. Really enjoyed working with clients.
Big 4
External Auditor (Former Employee), CairoFebruary 6, 2014
Senior Associate focusing on hospitality sector clients.
Very modern, cutting edge, intellectual, collaborative environment
Talent Attraction Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 25, 2014
Wonderful team environment, facilitates high level of collaboration. Career opportunities for shared service in Toronto and Calgary, negligible opportunities in other geographies. Work load excessively heavy, prevents opportunity of participating on other projects.
Offer opportunities for career advancement
Senior Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 21, 2014
It's a fast paced environment and no ordinary day at work. I've learned a lot in both professional and other soft skills which help me to develop as a well rounded professional. It also provides many opportunities for challenges and advancement within the organization. Overall environment is supportive with good benefits offer to employees. The hardest – more... part of the job is to maintain work life balance as this is public practice (with busy seasons). I also work with approx 20 bosses versus than one or two bosses in most industries and therefore time management is crucial in this profession. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to meet many other professionals (both externally and internally) throughout my career. – less
Productive, warm and friendly workplace, perfect for personal and professional development
Tax Consultant (Former Employee), Rio de Janeiro, RJJanuary 6, 2014
The Company is well recognized for promoting a very productive workplace, concerned about training and seeking to ensure the well-being of its employees.
Even considering the stressful workload, its friendly environment reduces the pressure, which allows you to comply with the deadlines and increases your productivity.
Great learning opportunity
Intermediary Auditor (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCNovember 7, 2013
Working for KPMG introduced me to the basic and more advance auditing task.
Good benefits, shame about the management
Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 2, 2013
Pros: good benefits, good vacation, pension
Cons: long hours, worklife balance, no control over quality of admin staff
KPMG is a worldwide accountancy firm. Nationally they have good benefits, personal care time allowances, good vacation, reasonable pension, and antibullying policy. However, locally management does not necessarily buy into the national policies.
You will work with the best providing top quality advice for clients.
extensive learning with good career progression
Audit Associate (Former Employee), MalaysiaOctober 30, 2013
Pros: good co-workers and management
Cons: tight deadlines
I was mainly in charged with audit assignments after 6 months on the job. Audit assignments involve audit testing for each accounts of the company and then drafting the audited financial statements that needs to be checked and approved by the managers and partners before submission. Co-workers are extremely helpful and very caring. The hardest part – more... of the job is to deal with difficult clients and working under tight deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job is the family oriented culture in KPMG. – less
Productive, Exciting Work
Consultant, Management Consulting (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHOctober 8, 2013
Great work and working experience. I have already done two projects here with KPMG. People are extremely helpful and competent in this organisation. Among all consulting companies, KPMG by far has highest pay per working hour.

1 2 3 4 5

About KPMG

KPMG is one of the largest professional services firms in the world and one of the Big Four auditors, along with Deloitte, Ernst – Read more