KPMG Employee Reviews in Canada

Friendly company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 10, 2016
I continue to learn new skills in Caseware. I have made a number of friends and I don't believe I have ever had a relationship where you don't feel left out or are not part of a team. When I first joined there was only myself and my manager. We now have 6 people plus our manager. A typical day is checking the web to see what work needs done, putting our name to a submission and doing the work on the Reporting Control Sheet. All first drafts and final submissions are reviewed by our manager. All finals are proofed by us and added and cross-added for consistency. My co-workers and I share ideas to ensure all work is being done accordingly. The hardest part of my job is during corporate tax season, making sure all E-Files are done by June 30th, as well as all statements and letters are done and sent to client service staff. I enjoy being surrounded by such diverse people.
Pros
Great health and wellness plan, free tickets to hockey, soccer and football games
Cons
No ability to grow with this position
High pressure work place
Office Administration Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 1, 2016
High pressure environment in which life work balance is said to be important but in actual fact pressure to get work done does not allow for this to happen. No consistency in how things are done, each partner wants it their way with no regard for corporate policy.
Pros
slaray and benefites
Cons
high demands
Advantage takers
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 27, 2016
Advantage takers for contractors with no payment for extended overtime due to their lack of resources. Little help for the helpless without recourse to get a fair and equitable work place.
Pros
Cons
Little help for the helpless contractor without recourse to get a fair and equitable work place.
Great Place to work
MANAGER, STRATEGY & OPERATIONS (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 12, 2016
Old fashioned mentality focusing on results. Great place to work and learn a lot about a variety of things. People were great.
Productive hard working firm with great team work ethics
IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 12, 2016
Fun hard working environment with an open door policy to executive directorial help or advice.
Currently on a Contractual agreement that expires 2016.
Busy and sometimes high pressure work place but days filled with learning and never boring.
Financial Services Audit Intern (Former Employee) –  DublinMarch 4, 2016
Every day was different, hard to sometimes grasp objectives and tasks being asked of you. A lot of learning and tasks to complete. Feedback was sometimes stuttered, quicker feedback loops would have been more beneficial. Felt like the centre of the world though and work was always important. Never a dull day and different projects and colleagues. Fulfilling work with mobility but often stress and time pressures. Long hours were there if you wanted them.
Pros
Good benefits, opportunities, training and learning.
Cons
Long hours, pressure and sometimes stress.
Very professional, great deal of professional pride
Administrative Intern (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NBFebruary 25, 2016
A very positive workplace environment. The corporate culture is ethically driven and very centered, but manages to be worker friendly. Excellent management and clarity of duties and expectations.
Excellent usually but hectic sometimes
Assistant Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 20, 2016
It is an excellent place to work with brilliant people around. The facilities are good. The office is well located in downtown
Great Opportunity to get truly global experience
Global HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 10, 2016
- Great flexibility working in a global role
- Smart individuals that are results oriented
- Hardest part of the job is working virtually with a majority of team based in other offices
Workforce Analytics
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  LondonDecember 25, 2015
I enjoyed working here for Workforce Analytics ,Project Management
Application development. I have designed several workforce optimisation and strategic analytics solutions. I am an SME of the subject.
Amazaing Culture
Manager, Management Consulting (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 23, 2015
One of the best place to work for. Amazing culture with diverse people from different background. It is a fun place to be.
Great learning experience
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  North York, ONNovember 23, 2015
KPMG provides their staff with a lot of responsibility from day one. A fun place to work as there are may staff within your age group.
It was a long time ago now... but I look back fondly
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 12, 2015
KPMG provided an environment to learn and to advance with a considerable breadth of experience. The people, in particular, made it worthwhile and enjoyable.
Pros
Breadth of environments to work and learn in...
Cons
We were young and couldn't fully take advantage of the opportunitites
excellent learning environment
Learning and Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 6, 2015
Great culture!

fun place to work as the colleagues are extremely intelligent, motivated and likeable.
A great way to start you career.
Great team environment, great people to work for and with.
Senior Accounting Associate, CA (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 26, 2015
Must be able to manage your time and communicate with clients (CEOs, CFOs, Controllers) on an ongoing basis. Building relationships is key to my job.
Pros
Banked OT and flex days
Cons
Long hours during busy season
Good company to work for
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  MontrealOctober 18, 2015
Good company to work for - interesting mandates, very dynamic, lots of challenge.
Great co-workers
The hardest part is to always satisfy customers despite multiple requests
Excellent learning environment
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 16, 2015
The KPMG work environment is catered to providing an excellent learning experience with exposure to a wide variety of different industries.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Sudbury ONSeptember 9, 2015
I love what i do at KPMG - I am part of a great administrative team who not only count on me when they need a hand but also help be grow in my position to prepare myself for any future roles within the company.
I work on review engagement files and T2 and the challenges are every day I find something newer stuff to be dealt with.
Senior Accountant, Audit (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 2, 2015
KPMG is very attractive place to work. Lot of funs there. All people are really good. Flexible time. They always try to balance work-life and family life though it's very hard at this fast space environment.
Pros
Free coffees and many social events during the year
Audit Senior (Former Employee) –  AlexandriaAugust 19, 2015
My + 6 years experience in KPMG hazem Hassan the lead financial service firm in Egypt allows me to have the tools , overview and experience