KPMG
1,170 reviews

KPMG Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Audit Senior (Former Employee), AlexandriaAugust 19, 2015
My + 6 years experience in KPMG hazem Hassan the lead financial service firm in Egypt allows me to have the tools , overview and experience
Great learning opportunities
Manager, Advisory- Risk Consulting (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 10, 2015
Internal Audit Co-sourcing engagements. Got the opportunity to work on a variety of clients. Great co-workers. Long hours. The socials are great.
Working at KPMG
Corporate Tax Intern (Former Employee), MalaysiaJuly 22, 2015
Great company to work with. I went through proper orientation and training to give us a better understanding of our job responsibilities. I was able to ask questions from my co-workers whenever I have trouble resolving problems. Also, this company provide flexibility where I am able to work from home when needed
Challenging, Fast Paced, Work Hard Play Hard Environment
Senior Manager (Current Employee), TorontoJuly 20, 2015
Technical skills gained in the area of communication, oral and written presentation, drafting financial statements, accounting and auditing

Great flexibility as a Manager and Senior Manager

Hardest part of the job is balance between work and social life

Enjoyable part is working with senior people within the firm as well as C-suit executives of private and public companies
Great place to start your career
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCJuly 4, 2015
Pros: High caliber of co-workers; opportunities for advancement; great learning
Cons: Long hours; often administrative tasks; performance rating system
Being an associate at KPMG is mostly comprised of travelling to client sites and performing audit procedures with client management. The Burnaby practice is focused on privately-traded enterprise clients.

The learning curve can be steep to begin with, but is overall quite easy to adapt to once you get your feet wet a few months in.

Partners and other management staff are great, being extremely – more... supportive of your career aspirations, given that they understand it is not the average associate's goals to stay in public practice. Similarly, the co-workers are great as they are by-far some of the smartest people I've worked with and there's an abundance to learn from them, in addition to being great people to hang out with after work.

I would say the hardest part of the job is trying to fit your life into the work schedule, as while the firm tries its best to provide some balance, the nature of the business (client-driven deadlines) often does not allow for this. Also, the performance rating system can often seem rather subjective and political rather than being based on objective merit.

The best part of the job is definitely the people you work with, as even though work can be mundane and long, going through it with intelligent, motivated, and likeable colleagues makes it really worth it. – less
Had great People and Benifits
Insolvency Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 22, 2015
Encourage growth by allowing you to take courses to upgrade your technical skills and abilities benefiting growth. A great environment.
Strong brand / demanding environment
Tax Manager - R&D Tax Incentives (Current Employee), Windsor, ONMay 4, 2015
Pros: Flexible lifestyle
Cons: Uncompromising leadership
Overall, working at KPMG has been nothing but a benefit to my career. The exposure I've had to a myriad of business issues in accounting, tax and advisory has helped mold my perspective as an accountant and business advisor.
Team Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 26, 2015
KPMG is a great place to work. It encourages work and life balance and positive feedback in order to help you grow in your career.

I enjoyed being an Team Administrative Assistant as it allowed me to talk to other teams on other floors and in different departments and to learn new skills and develop my experience as an Administrative Assistant.
Fun
SENIOR STAFF ACCOUNTANT / AUDITOR (Current Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 24, 2015
KPMG is a great place to work at, I loved working for KPMG, I had a great time working for KPMG. KPMG is awesome. KPMG is a large accounting firm
Productive and Efficient place to work
Senior Tax Associate (Former Employee), FreetownMarch 13, 2015
Professional work environment, respectful colleagues, great training and exposure on a wide range of matters.
Very great place to work.
Very professional and productive place to work. Learning is endless and every day is rewarding.
IT Support Analyst - Helpdesk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 12, 2015
Pros: management and coworkers are great tam players and are supportive and approachable
Cons: located in downtown, toronto
Work is fast-paced. Numerous projects presented opportunities for vast learning and professional, as well as personal development. Management is very supportive and approachable. Coworkers are pleasant and productive and are excellent team players.
# 1 in professional services firms
PMO Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 10, 2015
Excellent culture and a supportive work environment. The CEO is very well respected. Over the past 5 years the firm has built a solid partnership with community fund-raising events and this has created a very positive employee experience.
Excellent Firm - Professional and great people combined.
Audit Senior, Financial Services Audit & Advisory (Former Employee), IrelandFebruary 17, 2015
KPMG provided me the opportunity to greatly enhance my professional communication and organisation, through exposure to large clients from various industries.
Broad experience in a respectful work environment
Senior Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: benefits and salary
Cons: management structure
Great environment to gain broad experience. Very employee focused. Self motivated hard working individuals will find that they will get many opportunities to advance their careeer
Great company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Tax) (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: very good benefits
Cons: worked long hours at time
The job was really interesting in the sense I would work within a team of people from different level. I had to prioritise my work and be able to work under pressure.
The hardest part of the job was working during the Tax season which required a lot of work and overtime. I had to provide service excellence for not only poeple I worked for but also the Clients.
It was a very interesting job because I was able to work with different departments and people. Tasks varied from simple letter writting to proof reading documents, presentations, organise travel, have total responsibilities on people whereabouts and calendar.
Over all a very enjoyable job and company to work for.
My first Insolvency Job
INSOLVENCY ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 5, 2015
Great people, but I had to move to another company for advancement. It was a great learning experience because the people helped you learn and took their time to help. I still keep in touch with all employees
Professional services environment
Office Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 5, 2015
Provided a variety of administrative services to several senior Partners.

Reviewed and approved approx. 120 expense reports weekly

Managed semi-annual Performance Management process
Great Corporate Culture
PMO Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 10, 2014
-Great culture
-Supportive colleagues
-Learned a lot
-Able to put my skills to use as well as develop new skills
The good, the bad, the ugly
Administrator (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 2, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: management misfits
Work hard, learn lots, system upgrade every 3 years. Difficult to get momentum. Managers, senior managers and partners will squeeze the life of you. If you're starting your accounting career, you found your company, after 3-4 years, you'll be looking at other opportunity. Every month, you get 1-2 good bye emails, Take the emotional out of the equation, bottom line is the most important and utilization.
Excellent environment and work culture
Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 25, 2014
Pros: very flexible about vacations and working from home policies
Cons: long hours
Great company to work for - long hours but you get the opportunity to learn a lot.

1 2 3 4

About KPMG

KPMG LLP, the audit, tax and advisory firm, is the U.S. member firm of KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"). – Read more