KPMG Employee Reviews

Busy and sometimes high pressure work place but days filled with learning and never boring.
Financial Services Audit Intern (Former Employee) –  Dublin4 March 2016
Every day was different, hard to sometimes grasp objectives and tasks being asked of you. A lot of learning and tasks to complete. Feedback was sometimes stuttered, quicker feedback loops would have been more beneficial. Felt like the centre of the world though and work was always important. Never a dull day and different projects and colleagues. Fulfilling work with mobility but often stress and time pressures. Long hours were there if you wanted them.
Pros
Good benefits, opportunities, training and learning.
Cons
Long hours, pressure and sometimes stress.
Good mid size company
Billing & Project Management Administrator (EMT) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 September 2016
Good company, very friendly environment, very busy, but great place for life and work balance. Good management that provide you with opportunity to grow.
Challenging and fast-paced work environment
Senior consultant/data scientist (Current Employee) –  Amsterdam10 October 2016
Stimulating work environment. Work with a very talented group of colleagues to tackle challenging topics in data science. Plenty of opportunities to learn new skills and apply them at work.
Pros
talented group of colleagues
Friendly company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 August 2016
I continue to learn new skills in Caseware. I have made a number of friends and I don't believe I have ever had a relationship where you don't feel left out or are not part of a team. When I first joined there was only myself and my manager. We now have 6 people plus our manager. A typical day is checking the web to see what work needs done, putting our name to a submission and doing the work on the Reporting Control Sheet. All first drafts and final submissions are reviewed by our manager. All finals are proofed by us and added and cross-added for consistency. My co-workers and I share ideas to ensure all work is being done accordingly. The hardest part of my job is during corporate tax season, making sure all E-Files are done by June 30th, as well as all statements and letters are done and sent to client service staff. I enjoy being surrounded by such diverse people.
Pros
Great health and wellness plan, free tickets to hockey, soccer and football games
Cons
No ability to grow with this position
KPMG was ok.....
National Communications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 September 2016
I was only with the company for ix months and really did not enjoy it. the hierarchy is so odd and makes it hard to move up. long hours are expected.
Very professional, great deal of professional pride
Administrative Intern (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB25 February 2016
A very positive workplace environment. The corporate culture is ethically driven and very centered, but manages to be worker friendly. Excellent management and clarity of duties and expectations.
Excelent international organisation to work and learn
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Oman26 September 2016
Got experience of Oil & Gas, Banking, Manufacturing and Insurance sector.
Got Exceptional performer of the year bonus,
Got ACCA Membership status.
Learning of International Audit Methodology (KAM)
Pros
An International Organisation to work with.
Offer opportunities for career advancement
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 January 2014
It's a fast paced environment and no ordinary day at work. I've learned a lot in both professional and other soft skills which help me to develop as a well rounded professional. It also provides many opportunities for challenges and advancement within the organization. Overall environment is supportive with good benefits offer to employees. The hardest part of the job is to maintain work life balance as this is public practice (with busy seasons). I also work with approx 20 bosses versus than one or two bosses in most industries and therefore time management is crucial in this profession. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to meet many other professionals (both externally and internally) throughout my career.
High pressure work place
Office Administration Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 June 2016
High pressure environment in which life work balance is said to be important but in actual fact pressure to get work done does not allow for this to happen. No consistency in how things are done, each partner wants it their way with no regard for corporate policy.
Pros
slaray and benefites
Cons
high demands
Productive hard working firm with great team work ethics
IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 March 2016
Fun hard working environment with an open door policy to executive directorial help or advice.
Currently on a Contractual agreement that expires 2016.
excellent learning environment
Learning and Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2015
Great culture!

fun place to work as the colleagues are extremely intelligent, motivated and likeable.
A great way to start you career.
Advantage takers
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 April 2016
Advantage takers for contractors with no payment for extended overtime due to their lack of resources. Little help for the helpless without recourse to get a fair and equitable work place.
Pros
Cons
Little help for the helpless contractor without recourse to get a fair and equitable work place.
Great place to start your career
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC4 July 2015
Being an associate at KPMG is mostly comprised of travelling to client sites and performing audit procedures with client management. The Burnaby practice is focused on privately-traded enterprise clients.

The learning curve can be steep to begin with, but is overall quite easy to adapt to once you get your feet wet a few months in.

Partners and other management staff are great, being extremely supportive of your career aspirations, given that they understand it is not the average associate's goals to stay in public practice. Similarly, the co-workers are great as they are by-far some of the smartest people I've worked with and there's an abundance to learn from them, in addition to being great people to hang out with after work.

I would say the hardest part of the job is trying to fit your life into the work schedule, as while the firm tries its best to provide some balance, the nature of the business (client-driven deadlines) often does not allow for this. Also, the performance rating system can often seem rather subjective and political rather than being based on objective merit.

The best part of the job is definitely the people you work with, as even though work can be mundane and long, going through it with intelligent, motivated, and likeable colleagues makes it really worth it.
Pros
High caliber of co-workers; opportunities for advancement; great learning
Cons
Long hours; often administrative tasks; performance rating system
Great company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Tax) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 January 2015
The job was really interesting in the sense I would work within a team of people from different level. I had to prioritise my work and be able to work under pressure.
The hardest part of the job was working during the Tax season which required a lot of work and overtime. I had to provide service excellence for not only poeple I worked for but also the Clients.
It was a very interesting job because I was able to work with different departments and people. Tasks varied from simple letter writting to proof reading documents, presentations, organise travel, have total responsibilities on people whereabouts and calendar.
Over all a very enjoyable job and company to work for.
Pros
Very good benefits
Cons
Worked long hours at time
The good, the bad, the ugly
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 December 2014
Work hard, learn lots, system upgrade every 3 years. Difficult to get momentum. Managers, senior managers and partners will squeeze the life of you. If you're starting your accounting career, you found your company, after 3-4 years, you'll be looking at other opportunity. Every month, you get 1-2 good bye emails, Take the emotional out of the equation, bottom line is the most important and utilization.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Management misfits
KMPG Canada is an awesome place to work if you want a good friendly culture.
Web (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Canada22 September 2011
I have been working for KPMG Canada for sometime now, listing a few points about my experience with KPMG Cananda Web Services Department, Information Technology.
* Amazing culture and everyone is extremely nice.
*Value and respect everyone's opinion
*They don't pay the best but competitive salary packages.
*Great management especially for new employee.
*Diversity and culture respect for all.
Pros
peace of mind
Cons
salary
Good benefits, shame about the management
Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 November 2013
KPMG is a worldwide accountancy firm. Nationally they have good benefits, personal care time allowances, good vacation, reasonable pension, and antibullying policy. However, locally management does not necessarily buy into the national policies.
You will work with the best providing top quality advice for clients.
Pros
Good benefits, good vacation, pension
Cons
Long hours, worklife balance, no control over quality of admin staff
KPMG Canada Summary
IT Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 September 2014
Decent job culture, a bit low on the pay scale but they do have a decent benefits package.

They say there's advancement within the company but many prefer to look outside the company when hiring for the better positions.

Decent company to work for, but if you want to advance - look elsewhere and then come back to them as you'll advance quicker that route than internally.
Workforce Analytics
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  London25 December 2015
I enjoyed working here for Workforce Analytics ,Project Management
Application development. I have designed several workforce optimisation and strategic analytics solutions. I am an SME of the subject.
Not a great place to work
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 July 2013
Worst job I ever had:
- Management is unapproachable, communication is one way and you are being talked down to, Partners and some Senior Managers have huge egos.
- The work is repetitive and uninspiring.
- Very limited career options for non-accountants.
- Unless you are an accountant, forget about ever becoming an Equity Partner, as this is 100% an accounting firm, only trying to market itself as a professional services firm.
- You will have to work very very hard to make sure the Equity Partners make their 7 figure bonuses, it's a pyramid scheme where most good people are fired or quit after a couple of years when they have burnt out.
- Many people working for this firm look 5-10 years older than they are. Those of you who are still in the firm, the sooner you realize you are being taken advantage of the better.
- You will not have time to enjoy (m)any of the perks you have, as the workload is to big. Forget about quality time with the family, defer getting married or plan a divorce, this will greatly help your career with the Firm.
- Always cover your back, never delete any emails, you will need them to protect yourself when you get stabbed in the back by your co-workers, as they are trying to save themselves from getting fired.
Pros
Ok salary, but not amazing
Cons
To many to mention