KPMG

KPMG Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Professional environment, skills and knowledge improvement and sharing, friendly people
Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 1, 2014
A typical day at work starts at 8.30 - 9.00 am with checking email, news and new information provided in a dataroom, which is of a high interest. It is then used in further work/analysis.
Employees are often involved into project work, which is carried out by teams of a few people. On average these people spend a few weeks working together and it is – more... common to share/discuss news, have small talks, etc in addition to work. It is not a rare case that project management joins the team in project room. This makes management and employees closer and this is a very nice part of work.
Having good relations at work is important for me and I usually have friends-colleagues. We normally spend lunch time together, chat, go out on Fridays, etc.
The most enjoyable part of my work is that I'm surrounded by people and have a chance to learn constantly from others and share my experience. Some people are really great characters, working with them is fun. Some have rare skills and they share them.
The hardest part of the job is overtime and unpredictable working hours, but when projects are over, employees are compensated for these hours, which is a good deal. – less
Professional and Team Environment
Executive Assistant - Senior Partner (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 1, 2014
Its important for me to work in a team environment with professional individuals
Work, when it does not feel like work
Senior Manager - Audit & Assurance (Former Employee), Lahore, PakistanMarch 24, 2014
Pros: always something new to learn
Cons: long hours
I enjoyed every bit of my work life. It is busy and fast paced with so many deadlines for so many different things. However; what I loved is the freedom to manage my own work and appreciation and acknowledgement from the team and higher management when I achieved something.

The hardest part was to meet or beat the project deadlines.

What I liked most – more... is how the entire team worked towards achieving this goal and always giving their best performance and always willing to help others and share the burden. – less
A great company to start your career with
Staff Accountant- Summer Intern (Former Employee), calgary, canadaMarch 9, 2014
A great company with great people. Working as a summer intern, i got to learn a lot of things about assurance and tax. I was working there in the summer so the work load was not too much.
Always a fun place
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 6, 2014
No matter what event was taking place, example world cup, there was always some kind of event planned around it to have the employees engaged
Hardworking environment with great training and people
Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: great training and people
Cons: long hours
KPMG has been a great place for me to start my career as a CA. They provide exensive training and great social events, however they do require long thank-less hours of work.

Overall I would recommend this company to anybody looking to start a career in accounting.
Great firm. Fantastic people.
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), TorontoFebruary 19, 2014
Great environment to learn and make great connections. Loved the professional environment. Really enjoyed working with clients.
Big 4
External Auditor (Former Employee), CairoFebruary 6, 2014
Senior Associate focusing on hospitality sector clients.
Very modern, cutting edge, intellectual, collaborative environment
Talent Attraction Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 25, 2014
Wonderful team environment, facilitates high level of collaboration. Career opportunities for shared service in Toronto and Calgary, negligible opportunities in other geographies. Work load excessively heavy, prevents opportunity of participating on other projects.
Offer opportunities for career advancement
Senior Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 21, 2014
It's a fast paced environment and no ordinary day at work. I've learned a lot in both professional and other soft skills which help me to develop as a well rounded professional. It also provides many opportunities for challenges and advancement within the organization. Overall environment is supportive with good benefits offer to employees. The hardest – more... part of the job is to maintain work life balance as this is public practice (with busy seasons). I also work with approx 20 bosses versus than one or two bosses in most industries and therefore time management is crucial in this profession. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to meet many other professionals (both externally and internally) throughout my career. – less
Great place to start your career
Associate Contract Administrator (Current Employee), Montvale, NJJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: great network
Cons: very long hours
Great environment and culture
Lots of growth opportunity
very good management (MY DEPARTMENT AT LEAST)
Productive, warm and friendly workplace, perfect for personal and professional development
Tax Consultant (Former Employee), Rio de Janeiro, RJJanuary 6, 2014
The Company is well recognized for promoting a very productive workplace, concerned about training and seeking to ensure the well-being of its employees.
Even considering the stressful workload, its friendly environment reduces the pressure, which allows you to comply with the deadlines and increases your productivity.
Great learning opportunity
Intermediary Auditor (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCNovember 7, 2013
Working for KPMG introduced me to the basic and more advance auditing task.
Good benefits, shame about the management
Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 2, 2013
Pros: good benefits, good vacation, pension
Cons: long hours, worklife balance, no control over quality of admin staff
KPMG is a worldwide accountancy firm. Nationally they have good benefits, personal care time allowances, good vacation, reasonable pension, and antibullying policy. However, locally management does not necessarily buy into the national policies.
You will work with the best providing top quality advice for clients.
Productive, Exciting Work
Consultant, Management Consulting (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHOctober 8, 2013
Great work and working experience. I have already done two projects here with KPMG. People are extremely helpful and competent in this organisation. Among all consulting companies, KPMG by far has highest pay per working hour.
Extreme Passion - Accounting, Finance and Audit
Intern - Audit and Advisory Division (Former Employee), Doha, QatarOctober 7, 2013
Pros: the passion and drive is the pros
Cons: the passion ensures there are no cons
I am extremely passionate about the Accounting, Finance and Audit professions and am desirous of making it my career. I consider Finance as the blood stream of every organisation and only astute financial management, together with an engaged accounting team can produce the right Management Information for effective decision making. Finance staff are – more... the catalysts for any organisation and having an effective, embedded core Finance team can assist Business Unit Heads in managing business better, superior and efficiently. I love to contribute to an organisational goals by being a proactive member of the Finance team. – less
Productive and fun work place with Inter-firm net ball competitions.
Snr Assistant Accountant/Junior Business Advisor (Former Employee), Kingston, Jamaica W.I.October 2, 2013
It was a training filled day at work. I learnt how to improve our auditing skills in the planning of an audit, looking out for risk management procedures and applying them to the field work in the various industries.

Management was interactive with staff and good interpersonal relationship on the job contributes to good results.

Good interpersonal – more... relationship with co-workers also help to produce better results on the job.

The hardest part of the job was close out the files on time when clients cannot produce the information requested on time.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when things are flowing as planned and I receive little or no review notes. – less
Good Company to Work - If you are a CA
Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 1, 2013
KPMG offers great benefits. However you have to be prepared to work. If you have a young family, this is not for you. You pretty much have to dedicate your entire life to the company while employed there. And if you don't have your CA / CGA / CMA, then get it. People who don't have this won't get very far and won't be treated equally.
The company which give you the opportunities
Administrative Department Assistant (Former Employee), Saint-Petersburg, RussiaSeptember 18, 2013
I enjoyed working in KPMG, a big respectable company with great and professional employees.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioAugust 18, 2013
Pros: great place to work
KPMG was a great job. A large corporate employer with excellent benefits. I have moved from Toronto to Lindsay and I now want part-time work 15-20 hours per week.

1 2 3 4 5

About KPMG

KPMG is one of the largest professional services firms in the world and one of the Big Four auditors, along with Deloitte, Ernst – Read more