KPMG Employee Reviews

great learning ground
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2017
Got the opportunity to work with many different companies in many industries that acted as a great learning ground for my professional grown in accounting.
Great!
Senior Mobility Case Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2017
Great company to work for, excellent benefits and management is respectable to their employees.

They help you if they see that you're a go-getter and want to move up.
Nice company, but very impersonal.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto20 March 2017
I was a temp and treated like one. Paid very little per hour and only given 25 hours per week. Bosses worked remotely so it was very lonely for me. Ultimately, I was glad to leave the contract.
Pros
Quiet, Professional
Cons
Very Aggressive Managers.
Enjoyed the office atmosphere - friendly and supportive staff
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC9 March 2017
When I started, the company was called Peat Marwick! I found the Richmond branch partners to be very good to work with. I learned a lot and felt appreciated. I only left because I was expecting my first child and I became a full time stay at home mum for the next 25 years!
Big 4 firm
Tax Technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 February 2017
Typical big 4 culture. Work hard but lots of exposures to different companies and industries. It depends on your team and your managers which dictates the culture.
Pros
Big clients lots to learn
Cons
Focuses on specific tasks of a particular file
Highly professional and qualified work environment
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 February 2017
KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services to public and private businesses, government organizations and not-for-profit organizations across 155 countries.
Great place to work!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2017
Fantastic work life balance. Engaging colleagues. Interesting work. Great building. I have only great things to say about KPMG!
Professional environment and great benefits
Desk side Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 January 2017
- Very professional environment

- Great benefits and work life balance

- Flexible options for skills development

- Friendly and approachable leadership
CHEO Lottery Clerk at KPMG - flexible and accommodating workplace
CHEO Lottery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 January 2017
While I was hired by KPMG, I only held a temporary/casual position with the company for a few months. This job was very unique, as it is only created to help KPMG manage the CHEO lottery. Flexibility is required. My manager and co-workers were very friendly and hard-working. The hardest part of the job was staying focused while working on tedious, repetitive tasks.
Account Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 December 2016
A plan of work will be given the same day by Manager. My co-workers was very helpful. Great place to work and very fulfilling to work at the end of the day.
Challenging and fast-paced work environment
Senior consultant/data scientist (Current Employee) –  Amsterdam10 October 2016
Stimulating work environment. Work with a very talented group of colleagues to tackle challenging topics in data science. Plenty of opportunities to learn new skills and apply them at work.
Pros
talented group of colleagues
Cons
Excelent international organisation to work and learn
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Oman26 September 2016
Got experience of Oil & Gas, Banking, Manufacturing and Insurance sector.
Got Exceptional performer of the year bonus,
Got ACCA Membership status.
Learning of International Audit Methodology (KAM)
Pros
An International Organisation to work with.
Good mid size company
Billing & Project Management Administrator (EMT) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 September 2016
Good company, very friendly environment, very busy, but great place for life and work balance. Good management that provide you with opportunity to grow.
KPMG was ok.....
National Communications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 September 2016
I was only with the company for ix months and really did not enjoy it. the hierarchy is so odd and makes it hard to move up. long hours are expected.
Friendly company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 August 2016
I continue to learn new skills in Caseware. I have made a number of friends and I don't believe I have ever had a relationship where you don't feel left out or are not part of a team. When I first joined there was only myself and my manager. We now have 6 people plus our manager. A typical day is checking the web to see what work needs done, putting our name to a submission and doing the work on the Reporting Control Sheet. All first drafts and final submissions are reviewed by our manager. All finals are proofed by us and added and cross-added for consistency. My co-workers and I share ideas to ensure all work is being done accordingly. The hardest part of my job is during corporate tax season, making sure all E-Files are done by June 30th, as well as all statements and letters are done and sent to client service staff. I enjoy being surrounded by such diverse people.
Pros
Great health and wellness plan, free tickets to hockey, soccer and football games
Cons
No ability to grow with this position
High pressure work place
Office Administration Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 June 2016
High pressure environment in which life work balance is said to be important but in actual fact pressure to get work done does not allow for this to happen. No consistency in how things are done, each partner wants it their way with no regard for corporate policy.
Pros
slaray and benefites
Cons
high demands
Advantage takers
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 April 2016
Advantage takers for contractors with no payment for extended overtime due to their lack of resources. Little help for the helpless without recourse to get a fair and equitable work place.
Pros
Cons
Little help for the helpless contractor without recourse to get a fair and equitable work place.
Great Place to work
MANAGER, STRATEGY & OPERATIONS (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 March 2016
Old fashioned mentality focusing on results. Great place to work and learn a lot about a variety of things. People were great.
Productive hard working firm with great team work ethics
IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 March 2016
Fun hard working environment with an open door policy to executive directorial help or advice.
Currently on a Contractual agreement that expires 2016.
Busy and sometimes high pressure work place but days filled with learning and never boring.
Financial Services Audit Intern (Former Employee) –  Dublin4 March 2016
Every day was different, hard to sometimes grasp objectives and tasks being asked of you. A lot of learning and tasks to complete. Feedback was sometimes stuttered, quicker feedback loops would have been more beneficial. Felt like the centre of the world though and work was always important. Never a dull day and different projects and colleagues. Fulfilling work with mobility but often stress and time pressures. Long hours were there if you wanted them.
Pros
Good benefits, opportunities, training and learning.
Cons
Long hours, pressure and sometimes stress.