The Senior Cost Accountant is responsible for inventory management including related tracking, reconciliation (including WIP), costing, analysis, adjustments and coordinating counts. Duties also include standard costing including establishing and updating costs, updating costs in Epicor 9.05 and validating cost of goods. The Senior Cost Accountant will help prepare, analyze and report weekly, monthly, quarterly gross margin analysis by product group by customer.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and maintain standard material, labour and overhead rates as well as products costs in Epicor 9.05
- Ensure thorough analysis that Epicor 9.05 system properly accounts for costs and revenues including cost center and profit center assignments
- Create and maintain in Epicor 9.05 the costing and accounting views for production materials, product cost collectors, and standard costing for inventory
- Perform period end cost accounting Epicor 9.05
- Reconcile inventory and other accounts, including coordinating the annual physical inventory count audit and/or auditing and analyzing the cycle count results
- Financial Dashboard development and maintenance in Epicor
- Compare actual costs to estimates and analyze variances
- Close jobs in a timely manner
- Analyze financial results and prepare forecasts
- Prepare journal entries for account balances based on supporting analysis
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Co-ordinate and facilitate analysis of tooling costs and revenues with engineering and proposes entries to recognize costs and related revenues utilizing percentage of completion and completed contract accounting
- Support creation of the annual year end working papers for the inventory, tooling, revenue and expense sections
- Track and report on profitability and margins by projects, products and programs
- Inventory management including related tracking, reconciliation (including WIP), costing, analysis, adjustments and coordinating counts
- Standard Costing – including establishing and updating costs, updating costs in BOM and validating cost of goods
- Review, report and follow up on standard vs. actual cost variances
- Overhead costing
- Assist in reviewing, improving and implementing related processes and systems
- Assist with audit requirements as required
- Provide advice and guidance on all accounting matters including financial systems, record keeping, analysis and reporting
In addition, the successful candidate will possess the following education and qualifications:
- Post-Secondary degree in accounting, finance or related field required.
- CGA-Pace Level or CGA designation required
- Experience with the Aerospace field a strong asset
- Minimum 5 years accounting experience in a manufacturing environment with minimum one 3 years cost accounting experience
- Good understanding of Canadian GAAP
- Experience developing and maintaining standard costs in an Epicor 9.05 environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications
- Excellent organizational, research and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail oriented
- Solid knowledge and understanding of full cycle accounting, financial statements, budgeting/forecasting, year-end functions
- Excellent judgment, problem solving skills
- Self-starter, team player and able to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Accuracy and attention to detail while working under tight deadlines.
- Assertive, comfortable communicating with various types of individuals.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
We thank all applicants who apply however only those chosen to move forward in the hiring process will be contacted.
Indeed - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Koss Aerospace is a Tier-1 manufacturer of structural aircraft components and assemblies, having over 35 years of experience serving...