The CNC Milling Machinist is responsible for creating quality parts produced on CNC machines such as but not limited to milling machines and equipment according to company plans, blueprints, and other diagrams. Responsibilities will include loading parts, proving tapes, operating controls, setting offsets, simple edits, inspection of quality parts for conformance to requirements. The CNC Machinist will detect equipment malfunctions or out of tolerance machining and adjusts machine, within capabilities, controls or control media as required to insure quality of production, and report all machine malfunctions to their immediate supervisor
The qualified candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Under the direction of a supervisor and/or experienced machinist, responsible for quality parts produced on CNC 3 axis vertical machine
- Responsible for loading parts, proving tapes, operating controls, setting offsets, simple edits and inspection of quality parts for conformance to requirements.
- Studies and interprets drawings, manuals, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
- Measures and marks dimensions and reference points on material or work pieces as a guide for subsequent machining.
- Detects equipment malfunctions or out of tolerance machining and adjusts machine, within capabilities, controls or control media as required to insure quality of production. Reports all machine malfunctions to immediate supervisor
In addition, the qualified candidate will possess the following Education and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary diploma or certification in a related field required
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience operating 3 and 4 axis vertical machines in a heavy manufacturing environment.
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
- Experience in the Aerospace industry and experience operating a Mazak machine a strong asset.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Intermediate knowledge and application of precision measuring instruments and the application of such instruments. Instruments should include but not limited to calipers, ID and OD micrometers, depth gages, indicators and scales.
- Intermediate knowledge of reading drawings and specifications with an intermediate understanding of geometric tolerancing and dimensions.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Koss Aerospace however only those candidates chosen for the next round of the screening process will be contacted.
Indeed - 21 months ago
Koss Aerospace is a Tier-1 manufacturer of structural aircraft components and assemblies, having over 35 years of experience serving...