The CNC Lathe Machinist is responsible for creating quality parts produced on CNC machines such as but not limited to lathes and milling machines and equipment according to company plans, blueprints, and other diagrams.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Under the direction of a supervisor and/or experienced machinist, responsible for quality parts produced on CNC Lathe machines in addition to basic milling machining
- Responsible for loading parts, proving tapes, operating controls, setting offsets, simple edits and inspection of quality parts for conformance to requirements.
- Studies and interprets drawings, manuals, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
- Measures and marks dimensions and reference points on material or work pieces as a guide for subsequent machining.
- Detects equipment malfunctions or out of tolerance machining and adjusts machine, within capabilities, controls or control media as required to insure quality of production. Reports all machine malfunctions to immediate supervisor.
- Communicates with supervisor, engineers, production control, quality and other shop personnel for assignments and to resolve machining or quality issues.
- Responsible for keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly and perform basic preventative maintenance functions on equipment.
- Within the scope of the job requirements, will be required to adhere and comply with state and federal law, the Company ISO Quality Program and procedures, Company policies and Safety and Environmental Regulations.
- Compute dimensions and tolerances and measure and lay out work pieces
- Set up, operate and maintain a variety of machine tools including computer numerically controlled (CNC) tools to perform precision, non-repetitive machining operations such as sawing, turning, milling, boring, planing, drilling, precision grinding and other operations
- Fit and assemble machined metal parts and subassemblies using hand and power tools
- Verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments
In addition the chosen candidate will meet the following qualifications and education requirements:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Post-secondary diploma or certification in a related field preferred
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience operating Lathe machines in a heavy manufacturing environment.
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
- Experience in the Aerospace industry a strong asset.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Intermediate knowledge and application of precision measuring instruments and the application of such instruments. Instruments should include but not limited to calipers, ID and OD micrometers, depth gages, indicators and scales.
- Intermediate knowledge of reading drawings and specifications with an intermediate understanding of geometric tolerancing and dimensions.
- Intermediate knowledge of tool holders, cutting tools, boring bars, fixtures, inserts and other accessories used on various machines.
We thank all applicants interested Koss Aerospace, however only those candidates chosen for the next step in the hiring process will be contacted.
Koss Aerospace is a Tier-1 manufacturer of structural aircraft components and assemblies, having over 35 years of experience serving...