You will be responsible for full-cycle accounting and administration related to real estate development projects. There will be opportunity for growth so a successful candidate will have to take full ownership of their work and be willing to take on new opportunities and challenges.
The key to success in this position will be to have a clear understanding of the intricacies of real estate development accounting, and be able to meet deadlines in a fast paced industry.
Skill Set Required:
1. Minimum of 2 years’ experience in residential real estate development accounting.
2. Experience with Timberline software a must.
3. CGA level 3, or 4 preferred.
4. Proficiency in Excel.
5. Intelligent, able to multi task and think on your feet.
6. Attention to detail. Takes pride in an organized work environment as well as takes pride in maintaining organized company files and accounting systems.
7. Is comfortable working for a growing company and implementing policies and procedures for the betterment of the company.
8. Self-starter and self-motivated. Has to be disciplined and able to work on your own without instruction.
Nature and Scope of Positon:
1. Candidate will be working with an experienced Developer/Chartered Accountant.
2. Full understanding of full cycle accounting including bank and loan recs, AP, HST/GST and WCB remittances, job cost entries.
3. Construction draws – updating project cost reports, and monitoring construction budgets.
4. Booking sales closings for units sold.
5. Process payroll for hourly and salaried employees
6. Maintain system for handling paper flow from site offices and to the site office.
7. Maintain the company electronic filing system i.e. ensuring that all documents are saved in electronic format
8. Matching purchase orders and packing slips to invoices for accuracy.
9. Any ad hoc projects required by the CFO.