Konecranes Employee Reviews

Fast paced with good people.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON20 January 2017
Konecranes has it's challenges with regular political decisions and above average expectations with below expected returns for your hard work.
Not a bad place to work, but recognition is missing.
Pros
Month end lunch and a lot of good people.
Cons
Politics and games
Great place work
Staff (Current Employee) –  Ontario18 October 2016
many many career advancements and opportunities - they work hard and play harder. Fair treatment....everyone works together as a team. High tech tools and ahead of all other competitors
terrible management
Service planner (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB4 October 2016
no room for advancement management was not professional at all I loved the job but was not treated at all with respect.
up at 230 on the bus by 430am home by 530 no travel included
good place to work
teck (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB11 April 2016
it is graet for home life but the pay suck but if you like being home most night you will enjoy working her it is a retirement job realy eaey work
Highly-demanding, fast-pace and challenging working environment
DATACENTERS SUPPORT AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON10 December 2015
Excellent for building multitude of professional skills and achieving great number of targets and goals in a short period of time.
Working days may include any combination of burning support cases; work on various IT projects; root cause analysis and development of new service offerings.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Many Online meetings
Productive and Fun Wrking Place with lots of advancement.
Senior Service Planner (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 November 2015
One of the best companies to work for. The company offers a vast range of experience and advancement with a professional yet very friendly working environment.
Very disorganized
Service (Former Employee) –  Canada15 November 2015
As may be true of any service company, the work was very unstable. The job was always there but it was almost never known whether or not there would be work that day. Management was very disorganized and did not seem to care about the employees, only their numbers. The benefits were good but the lack of stability far outweighed that.
Pros
Company truck, good benefits
Cons
Unstable work, poor management
Decent Work, terrible if your from Canada
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray22 August 2015
Lots of foreign workers, almost rarely every hire Canadian Employees(technicians). Discrimination towards Canadian's is astounding. they would rather spent thousandths of dollars to bring someone into this country then train someone else up that would be much cheaper and less of a hassle for the language barrier. Although the people who do come in are great workers and great people its sad to see a large company like this take complete advantage of these people and pay them so low. company has an incredibly large turn over of employees, seen lots of office staff come and go and technicians as well.
Pros
Hours of work
Cons
Managment, Planning, Turn Around
leading company in the crane inspection industry
Site Planner/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 June 2015
As a Planner Scheduler for Konecranes, at Shell Albian Sands, I was given the opportunity to work with a diverse group of people. I worked closely with the OMC, Scheduling, Planning and Major Maintenance group with Shell Canada. Providing Konecranes, front line support as a partner with Shell Albian Sands.
With my multiple contacts and standing relationship with the Major Maintenance group, I was able to ensure that all aspects of the compliance code, were met and exceeded my expectations.
I was given an opportunity to expand my knowledge in the SAP world, creating notifications and monitoring the WO processes. As well as expanding my knowledge of the parts pertaining to the inspections for the over 170 cranes on site.
Working with three demanding software programs, provided a busy, productive and constant learning curve to my everyday.
Highly recommend Konecranes Canada, to anyone that is eager to be challenged.
Pros
Opportunity to grow and fullfill goals
Cons
Manageement support
Good Place to work
Cranes Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 May 2015
Good job if you have good troubleshooting abilities and like working alone .They give you a company service truck and all the tools you need . Lots of overtime if you want it . Out of town work about 10 % of the time.
interesting environment
Site Superintendent - Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Fort Mcmurray17 February 2015
Its a challenging job, complying with tight deadlines, scheduling jobs, planning repairs, organizing crews, not enough management support to progress and evolve into a brighter organization
Pros
extremely busy
Cons
no support
Not Great
Service Planner (Former Employee) –  Calgary24 January 2015
Probably one of the most negative environments I have worked in. The workers in the office made rude, racist, and predatory comments all the time. There was a lot of politics going on in the office. This is not a good place to work if you don't fit in when it comes to politics and other drama.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Racism, Politics, Duties
Large Publicly Traded Corporation
Regional Administrator (Former Employee) –  Burlington15 September 2014
Typical day at work included invoicing customers, responding to telephone inquiries, working with service managers and administrators to help them solve their problems. Co-workers were very hard working dedicated individuals. The best part of this job was being successful in implementing a proven system and then watching it work. I am still in touch with my favourite manager there that said "get what you inspect, not what you expect". That phrase has stayed with me to this day.
Pros
Easy commute
Disappointing Experience
Service Planner/Inside Sales Rep./Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  London, ON25 August 2014
- hired as a Service Advisor/Planner
- Purchasing Agent/Department added
- Shipper & Receiver added
- Logistics Dept. added
- management running around with "head-cut-off", unable to keep track of what they did, when they did it, etc.
- ridiculously large amount of paperwork that grew daily
- not enough time in a day, a week, to do the job properly
- communication between management and it's workers was the worst I had ever witnessed
Pros
wage
Cons
workload, communication, atmosphere, etc., etc., etc.......
Great Company
Sales Executive - Sales and Service contracts (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QC10 August 2014
Excellent company , products & services alike.
Great products for all your packaging needs.
Pros
Excellent Staff
Cons
Excellent technical training .
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 June 2014
Great Company & overall the leader in Over head Cranes globally.
Pros
Staff are very experienced
Cons
Longer than normal working hours
Great Work, very very poor management.
Overhead Crane Technician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB16 June 2013
What was suppose to be a very good job ended up being a disaster, due to management. There is no accountability in this company. I terminated, with out cause, while rehabbing a sprained ankle and was paid extra severance to not take the company to court. This all happened after I complete a positive year end review, given a raise, and sent for 2 weeks of training in Burlinton, ON. Be carefull if you do go to work for Kone but if you a trades person I would suggest looking else where, especially in Alberta.

Today I am actually thankful for them terminating me because my wage increased 33% and I work in a much heathier environment then what was considered NORMAL at Kone.
Pros
The Actual Work
Cons
Management, corporate attitude, politics, lack of accountability
If you can, find something else!
Sales (Former Employee) –  Canada3 September 2015
Staff turnover is more than 40% in Canada... Upper management is completely disconnected with the reality at the base.
They created a monster of a CRM that would require a full day a week to keep updated. Nonesense!
You need to be able to help customers with their issues, sell service and products, not complete over complexed CRM and other system.
Bottom line, if you can have a better career opportunity, save your self some headaches!
Pros
None unless you are a technician in Quebec, union
Cons
Very, very poor management. Short term view, no understanding of market reality.