KONECRANES

KONECRANES Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Company
Sales Executive - Sales and Service contracts (Former Employee), Montreal, QCAugust 10, 2014
Pros: excellent staff
Excellent company , products & services alike.
Great products for all your packaging needs.
Great Work, very very poor management.
Overhead Crane Technician (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABJune 16, 2013
Pros: the actual work
Cons: management, corporate attitude, politics, lack of accountability
What was suppose to be a very good job ended up being a disaster, due to management. There is no accountability in this company. I terminated, with out cause, while rehabbing a sprained ankle and was paid extra severance to not take the company to court. This all happened after I complete a positive year end review, given a raise, and sent for 2 weeks – more... of training in Burlinton, ON. Be carefull if you do go to work for Kone but if you a trades person I would suggest looking else where, especially in Alberta.

Today I am actually thankful for them terminating me because my wage increased 33% and I work in a much heathier environment then what was considered NORMAL at Kone. – less
unorganized
Service Technician (Current Employee), MidwestOctober 15, 2014
At times I love my job, at times I hate it. In the crane industry, you the good with the bad.
Great company to work for if you want the dollars
Crane Technician (Former Employee), perth waOctober 6, 2014
was able to work with alcoa with my father
great company to work for
Stressful with high turnover rate...
Konecranes Inspector and Service Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 2, 2014
Pros: service truck, gas card, cell phone "leash"
Cons: konecranes
Got a Home life?! Well kiss it Goodbye! If you're a half decent technician you will be subjected to repetitive long work hours that are physically draining. You will most likely be called out after work, even when you're not on-call. All GPS Monitored service trucks are micromanaged daily. If you decided to go work for another crane service company – more... there is a high probability you will be sued due to the Konecranes "No Compete Clause" that you sign before hire.
If you do decided to work for this company even after reading this review MAKE SURE that you get anything promised IN WRITING or you will regret it I promise!
Konecranes has the Highest turnover rate of any crane company in the Houston, and Beaumont area. In fact it's so high that employees that have been terminated and not considered eligible for rehire have been successfully rehired with little to no problem.

On the Bright side they have an excellent training program that no other crane service company can match... if you can get into the classes!
They have excellent Benefits that they will remind you no other crane service company offers. not true!
Stay away from the Beaumont branch unless you're related to the management. – less
---------------------
Service Technician (Current Employee), Spokane, WASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: not enough hours to live on
its a crane company in Spokane Washington they are all over the place
Top notch producer of overhead lifting products
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee), Springfield, OHSeptember 2, 2014
I enjoyed my tenure with Konecranes. The company manufactured quality products as evident by their success in the world market. My co-workers worked hard to ensure quality and contributed to the success of the company. My position was eliminated by the company.
Productive and Fun work place
Project Manager (Current Employee), Springfield, OhioAugust 26, 2014
Pros: overall atmosphere is positive.
Cons: they do not give raises on time.
Konecranes has an excellent "team work" environment. Co-workers are friendly and helpful.
Fourthin 500 company
Crane Inspector (Former Employee), Crown Point, INAugust 14, 2014
Pros: company truck, paid traning.
Cons: long hours. weekend work.
When I started the company was a great place to work. The company gave training & the employees where there best assets. As the company grew, management changed. It wasn't about the employees or customers anymore. It was about being the worlds largest crane company. It was about growing & making investors money. It got to the point no one wanted to – more... come to work anymore. – less
Save yourself time, apply elsewhere!!
Ex-employee (Former Employee), Houston ,Tx Greenway PlazaJuly 24, 2014
Cons: full frc uniform(long sleeve, no jeans) lowest pay in the industry
The Houston based Inspection and Service mngmt. are the most unproffesional group in this industry. You have to wear full FRC clothing at all times, full flash gear when troubleshooting electrical circuits mask,double gloves extra frc coat on top of your frc not to mention a double lanyard harness that weighs 20 lbs. To many maniac safety procedures – more... that will drive you and the customers crazy! DONT DO IT! APPLY ELSEWHERE!! – less
Fun workplace
Design engineer-offer (Current Employee), Pune, MHJuly 21, 2014
Pros: team work
Cons: salary
irs Fun workplace, team work.co-workers the most enjoyable part of the DO NOT include any personally identifiable information, such as names.
Not great, but not bad
Shipping (Former Employee), SpringfieldJune 23, 2014
Pros: good coworkers
Cons: lack of communication between departments
Typical corporate environment, one hand doesn't know what the other is doing. Lack of communication between departments. Coworkers are friendly and the training is done well. Pay & benefits are decent.
Time to move on.
Service Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 29, 2014
Pros: you stay on the move
Cons: no room to grow.
Largest crane company in the world.Learned to be a team player. Has not much room for growth.Hardest part of job will be the hours.
Dont do it!
Crain Tech (Former Employee), Portland, ORMay 27, 2014
Pros: nothing but pay, if your lucky.
Cons: no life balance. not very secure.
Very demanding job with little to no training to do your job safely, acuratly or proffesionaly. Only care about quick turn around at bottom dollar, both at yours and the customers detrimant.

If your single it might be ok if all you want to do is work with no life. Have a family, kiss them good night late and don't expect to see them.

Might just have – more... been the branch I was apart of, but it was also feast or famine. 80 hours one week, 10 the next. No good planning at all.

Good compensatipn, but that's it. – less
A very clean and safety-orientated facility.
Site Manager (Former Employee), Tempe, AZApril 29, 2014
Pros: close to home.
Cons: lack of help.
A well-run company with excellent benefits and compensation.
OK place to work but keep looking.
Crane Technician (Current Employee), Kansas City, KSApril 21, 2014
Pros: decent enough work if your unemployed. company provides truck to drive home.
Cons: lots, your boss is most likely an unstable, unmedicated bipolar
First of all this is probably the cheapest company I have ever worked for. If they can figure out a way to get out of buying something they usually will. When you do have to go pick something up its always get the cheapest thing possible and never pick up extra, this is even simple truck supplies and hardware. You usually get this stuff at the customers – more... sites is their opinion. Management in general is questionable. They won't take blame for anything and always point the finger at someone else. Coworkers are for the most part alright to work with, although there is a lot of manipulation that goes on. If you talk about transferring out to a different state, life at work will be made difficult on you from your boss, but for some reason in training we were told no problem to move to other states. Also for some reason it takes us forever to receive parts to make repairs at customers sites. I could understand if it was for brands we don't own, but for brands we own which are several there should never be several weeks for simple basic parts to arrive. This is probably the biggest complaint I hear from customers. You also are not guaranteed 40 hours. Your truck is gps monitored and you are highly monitored where you stop on your way home. It's also a toss up how your boss will treat you. It varies drastically. You are on call rotation with no compensation on your week unless you are called out then its 4 hr min pay. I can't wait to find something better. – less
Dirty, Bad, and Dishonest Company
Sales (Former Employee), New Berlin, WIFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: the top upper management are good people however they are letting the dirt bags run the company!
Cons: dirty company!, the sales mtg is a farce!, they cook the books to make sure people do not receive their bonus!
They have dirty managers that cook the books! They will eventually be caught by upper management but till that day comes they mid-management and some upper managers will lie about employees to accomplish their own agenda and personal goals. They are back stabbing!
Good pay, high blood pressure
Crane Technician (Current Employee), Winchester, VAJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: company truck, good benefits, willingness to train new hires
Cons: long days, hectic schedule, always on call
higher paying non union contractor in my area. But it is service work and you are at any customers whim. When you get called you stay till the job is done. can never count on being home for things, ever. constantly squeezing you for time on your work. just generally stressful.
Great company. learned a great deal from their staff.
Technician/Electrical Assistant (Former Employee), Mobile, ALDecember 29, 2013
Pros: opportunity, on the job training, experience in sales and people skills, benefits
Cons: the smell of paper mills was tolerable but not my favorite!
Working for Konecranes was a great eye-opening opportunity to show my potential and learn important skills that will help me in every career path I choose. I am pursuing a career that will lead me in a direction towards opportunity and benefits. As the youngest Konecranes had hired I had a lot to prove and loved living up to every moment of it. My goal – more... right now is to build great references and to further advance my goals. – less
Care about their employees
Electrician, Maintenance, Inspector (Former Employee), Dothan, ALDecember 13, 2013
Pros: paid for nice places to stay when out of town, benefits, take care of their employee
Travel up to 4 hours a day round trip to jobs that required servicing, installing or inspecting overhead cranes and hoist. I have learned a lot about overhead cranes and hoist including inspecting. Management and co-workers were fairly easy to work with. I really enjoyed working with this company it was the perfect job.

1 2 3

About KONECRANES

Konecranes wants to give customers a positively uplifting experience. The Finnish company is a global manufacturer of cranes, – Read more