PLEASE NOTE RESIDENCY IN THE FORT MCMURRAY AREA IS A REQUIREMENT FOR THIS POSITION. THIS IS NOT A FLY IN FLY OUT POSITION.
Qualifications: A College Diploma in business or electro/mechanical field, with leadership ability. Must have computer, organizational, customer relation skills. Two to three years' experience in an administrative support role. Related experience will be considered. Should be willing to operate fork lift to pick parts on occasion.
The Service Planner is responsible for all planning and scheduling of the branch service and inspection activities.
- Maintain the service and inspection schedule for all sold work.
- Plan/assign field labor hours to maximize productivity (direct labour average) at or above 95%. Maintain open orders on the dispatch board.
- Procure and coordinate required materials, parts, equipment and subcontractors for work assignments. Process purchase orders through established procedures. Process all related paperwork upon completion of work assignments and within the accounting month that the work was performed.
- Follow up on new sales leads brought in by field operatives (technicians and inspectors). Forward leads to Service Sales for estimation and quotation.
- Quote and sell maintenance contract renewals.
- Resolve customer complaints, within established guidelines, to the satisfaction of the customer and in the best interest of the company. Any unresolved issues should be promptly elevated to the next level of management for resolution.
- Monitor and report any potential warranty or credit requests to the Service or Operations Manager prior to authorizing work.
- Review technicians' time tickets as submitted daily for completeness, accuracy and allocation to the correct job numbers.
- Monitor and coordinate the maintenance of company equipment and assets in proper condition and good working order.
- Assist the Branch Service Manager or Branch Manager with conducting spot inspections and audits of the service technicians' equipment and vehicles. Report findings to Manager.
- Provide information and assistance to the Branch Service Manager/Branch Manager for any supervision and managerial support required by the technicians.
- Perform invoicing weekly and immediately update the open orders report. The open orders report must reflect the current status of active service work and must be updated weekly.
- Ensure proper margin levels on service work. Monitor quotes for accurate labour hour, travel costs, rental costs and procured items.
- Enter data into WennSoft database as necessary to fulfill all assigned requirements.
- Ensure 24-hour response is available or negotiate other agreeable actions with customers.
- Monitor the credit control list and assist in collection efforts. Accounts over 60 days must be discussed with the district administrative staff prior to delivery of services or materials. Obtain management approval prior to making an exception or extending credit outside the guidelines.
- Check new accounts for D&B rating. Ensure credit application is processed if company is not rated or is outside established guidelines.
- Responsible for all miscellaneous activities within the branch such as shipping/receiving, shop cleanliness, walk-ins for parts, equipment/building maintenance, answering phones.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
"Our organization will, on request, provide accommodations for disabilities to support your participation in all aspects of our Recruitment Process"
Indeed - 6 months ago