Qualifications: A College Diploma in business or electro/mechanical field, with leadership and management ability. Must have computer, organizational, customer relation skills. Two to three years' experience in a technical support role. Related experience will be considered.
The Service Planner is responsible for all planning and scheduling of the branch service and inspection activities.
- Maintain the service and inspection schedule for all sold work.
- Plan/assign field labor hours to maximize productivity (direct labour average) at or above 95%. Maintain open orders on the dispatch board.
- Procure and coordinate required materials, parts, equipment and subcontractors for work assignments. Process purchase orders through established procedures. Process all related paperwork upon completion of work assignments and within the accounting month that the work was performed.
- Follow up on new sales leads brought in by field operatives (technicians and inspectors). Forward leads to Service Sales for estimation and quotation.
- Quote and sell maintenance contract renewals.
- Resolve customer complaints, within established guidelines, to the satisfaction of the customer and in the best interest of the company. Any unresolved issues should be promptly elevated to the next level of management for resolution.
- Monitor and report any potential warranty or credit requests to the Service or Operations Manager prior to authorizing work.
- Review technicians' time tickets as submitted daily for completeness, accuracy and allocation to the correct job numbers.
- Monitor and coordinate the maintenance of company equipment and assets in proper condition and good working order.
- Assist the Branch Service Manager or Branch Manager with conducting spot inspections and audits of the service technicians' equipment and vehicles. Report findings to Manager.
- Provide information and assistance to the Branch Service Manager/Branch Manager for any supervision and managerial support required by the technicians.
- Perform invoicing weekly and immediately update the open orders report. The open orders report must reflect the current status of active service work and must be updated weekly.
- Ensure proper margin levels on service work. Monitor quotes for accurate labour hour, travel costs, rental costs and procured items.
- Enter data into WennSoft database as necessary to fulfill all assigned requirements.
- Ensure 24-hour response is available or negotiate other agreeable actions with customers.
- Monitor the credit control list and assist in collection efforts. Accounts over 60 days must be discussed with the district administrative staff prior to delivery of services or materials. Obtain management approval prior to making an exception or extending credit outside the guidelines.
- Check new accounts for D&B rating. Ensure credit application is processed if company is not rated or is outside established guidelines.
- Responsible for all miscellaneous activities within the branch such as shipping/receiving, shop cleanliness, walk-ins for parts, equipment/building maintenance, answering phones.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
Qualifications: Prefer a 4-year degree and past work experience within Industrial service related sales/Business Development. Must have a basic understanding of mechanical and electrical principals and be willing to work hands on with the service personnel occasionally. Good verbal, written and computer skills are required.
The Sales Representatives are responsible for developing the given market area for New business/contract sales opportunities. In addition to new account sales, the Sales Representative will sell planned repairs, field modernizations and lifting equipment as needed. The primary focus is to bring in new Service Customers and sales in targeted market areas as directed by Management. Depending upon the local base of customers, there may be other sales resources allocated to service sales of existing accounts. In this case, new contract sales and new target markets become the primary focus while coordinating with other Sales resources.
Below are the additional specific responsibilities of this position:
1. New Business Development/Target Account Sales: A list of target accounts will be provided or developed by the representative to make offers/calls/visits in pursuit of new business opportunities. A completion objective will be determined at the onset of the listing and monthly progress reporting will be required and all visits logged into CRM.
2. Service Sales: Assist as needed in the price estimates and proposals for service work using the established worksheets, guidelines, and input from the service department. Return of any quotations developed by others in the service department as requested or needed.
3. Key Accounts: Your supervisor will identify the "Key Account List" ( top 20% of customer base in area), that are the Sales Representative responsibility for:
a) Maintaining monthly contact with the key accounts and developing the relationship with the customer further. This monthly follow up must be documented and maintained in your CRM and discussed
b) Contract Review/Analysis of all such accounts. Adjust contract value as needed based on annual invoicing.
4. Oversee the renewal of contracts. The assigned key accounts are the responsibility of the Representative to renew. Customers refusing to renew may be assigned to the Sales Rep. to take over the renewal process. Monthly report of the contracts renewed or canceled must be turned in during the last day of month and discussed during the Ops and Sales meeting.
5. Responsible for returning the Mainman report to the customers immediately upon completion and consult/review/sell the repairs to the customer.
6. CRM Funnel Management: Sales funnel in CRM should be managed and maintained daily. All record of visits, calls, meetings, quotations must be visible in CRM and discussed in weekly Sales meeting with the District Sales Manager.
7. Responsible for monitoring the workloads for the purpose of selling the open time slots. Close contact with the service managers or supervisors must be maintained to coordinate the service sales and expected bookings.
8. Responsible to meeting minimum sales quotas and CRM funnel size.
9. Responsible for qualifying all new prospects for credit worthiness. New accounts are to be checked for D & B ratings. If not rated or are outside our guidelines, a credit application must be processed. A $1000 credit line is extended for all new accounts pending credit approval. The Sales Representative is responsible for obtaining credit information and the proper tax exempt certificates, etc.
10. Required to monitor the credit control list and assist in collection efforts. Accounts over 60 days must be discussed with the administrative staff prior to delivery of services or materials. We should have an indication from the customer as to the payment status outlook before accepting additional work. Intent to pay outstanding invoices with a schedule date is adequate to proceed. Exceptions or extensions of credit outside the guidelines should be approved by management.
"Our organization will, on request, provide accommodations for disabilities to support your participation in all aspects of our Recruitment Process"