Bilingual Inside Sales Representative
Job Description & Responsibilities
Aftermarket Parts is a key position for the Parts and Service group, and for the company as a whole, due to the frequent nature of our contact with the customer, the importance of the Parts business and the crucial nature of building a consistent service business across all of our crane owners. The Bilingual Inside Sales Representative is expected to assist in all aspects of a crane owner’s parts needs, and facilitate the expansion of the relationship by offering the full range of products and services that the company offers. To that end, each Inside Sales Representative is partnered with a service branch to assist in the growth of both the parts and service business, with Konecranes customers.
This position offers a Bonus plan that reflects the selling nature of the job, with the expectation that opportunities are proactively pursued, tied to understanding our customer’s needs and matching our capabilities to those needs.
- Communicate effectively with customers, co-workers, and others in a courteous and professional manner,
- Assemble and respond with quotations, follow up with prospects to pursue and receive orders and then enter them into our system.
- Participation in the “on call” service to support customers, after-hours and on weekends/holidays.
- Specific key accounts will be tied to each representative to facilitate a greater understanding of our customer’s business needs, increase the opportunity for relationship building, and accelerate our business growth
- Follow up on all unclosed quotes with phone calls to the customer, adding notes to the CRM with pertinent information to help close the sale or gain an understanding as to what can be done differently if the sale was lost.
- Work simple quotes using the intranet parts manuals as trained.
- Initiate contact with customers where their contact to us has decreased or stopped
- Proactively offer the customer additional products and services, such as:
o Kits, assemblies and additional parts that relate to their business and application
o Parts for other manufacturer’s lifting equipment
o Electric Chain Hoists, Manual Chain hoists products
o Electric wire rope hoists
o Offer service installation with each parts quote
o Assist with part expediting and communicate delays
o Help new branch personnel understand the role and services that the parts department provides
Assist in collection efforts of problem accounts, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Follow all other established rules in the department.
Qualified candidates must have a min College certificate and 5 years Inside Sales experience in a manufacturing or technical environment as well as a positive attitude and true willingness to help our customers. PC proficiency including Microsoft Word and Excel is required. Must be able to multi-task large volumes of inquiries by phone, fax and e-mail and have excellent organizational and problem solving skills.