Konecranes is the industry shaping global leader in manufacturing and servicing overhead cranes and other lifting equipment. We service a broad range of customers, including manufacturing and process industries, shipyards, ports and terminals.
An opening currently exists for a Service Planner at our Edmonton, AB location.
- Maintain the service and inspection schedule for all sold work.
- Plan/assign field labor hours to maximize productivity (direct labour average) at or above 95%.
- Maintain open orders on the dispatch board.
- Procure and coordinate required materials, parts, equipment and subcontractors for work assignments. Process purchase orders through established procedures. Process all related paperwork upon completion of work assignments and within the accounting month that the work was performed.
- Follow up on leads brought in by field operatives (technicians and inspectors). Forward leads to Service Sales for estimation and quotation.
- Resolve customer complaints, within established guidelines, to the satisfaction of the customer and in the best interest of the company. Any unresolved issues should be promptly elevated to the next level of management for resolution.
- Monitor and report any potential warranty or credit requests to the Service or Operations Manager prior to authorizing work.
- Review technicians' time tickets as submitted daily for completeness, accuracy and allocation to the correct job numbers.
- Monitor and coordinate the maintenance of company equipment and assets in proper condition and good working order.
- Assist the Branch Manager with conducting spot inspections and audits of the service technicians' equipment and vehicles. Report findings to Manager.
- Provide information and assistance to the Branch Manager for any supervision and managerial support required by the technicians.
- Perform invoicing twice per week and immediately update the open orders report. The open orders report must reflect the current status of active service work and must be updated weekly.
- Ensure proper margin levels on service work. Monitor quotes for accurate labour hour, travel costs, rental costs and procured items.
- Enter data into database as necessary to fulfill all assigned requirements
- Post secondary education in business or electro/mechanical field
- 2-3 years experience in a technical support role (related experience will be considered)
- Excellent customer relation skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Superior organizational aptitude
- Literacy with PC applications
- Demonstrated success in leadership
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your résumé to:
*Konecranes Canada Inc.
Attention: Human Resources Department*
Please reference Planner - Edmonton in the subject line.
We thank all candidates, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.