KONE

KONE Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun workplace
Accounts Assistant / Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Nicosia, CyprusJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
To begin with i would like to mention that i was working on a part-time basis (3 days, approximately 20-25 hours per week), this gave me the flexibility to manage my studies.
The accounts department was of a medium size enabling me to adjust quickly. Due to the fact that the office was open plan, no one was behind closed doors this helped in communication – more... with other staff members, making people more approachable when needing assistance.
Management was flexible, helpful and willing to listen if needed.
At first the collection of over due accounts was priority with customer liaising and communication either verbally or written, this gave me an insight into peoples thinking and how to always be polite but firm.
Posting invoices on the system and the reconciliation of vendor accounts was important, enabling me to understand the necessity of time management in an accounts office.
Analyzing financial data and making conclusions, interacting with my co workers and learning from their experience, taking advice and putting my opinion forward too.
With the collection of overdue accounts, the necessity to always stay calm and in control was important, some times frustrating when customers ignore your communication. On the other hand the successful collection of accounts was always rewarding. – less
Good in producing of Elevators,et
Project Engineer (Current Employee), chennai,bangalore,londonJanuary 22, 2013
I wish to work in KONE
The KONE was much liked me & i eager to work there...
Friendly environment
Lift Technician (Former Employee), East areaDecember 6, 2012
Pros: year end holidays
-learning new things
-upgrading course like company ambassador
-meet all level of customer
-working independently or in group
-most enjoyable moment is able to trouble shoot in shortest time
GOOD
INSTALLATION ENGINEER (Current Employee), SURAT GUJRATDecember 1, 2012
-OVERALL ITS FULL OF TARGET ORIENTED WORK.
I- LEARNED THE DEALING WITH CUSTOMER.
-ITS WELL ORGANISED MANAGEMENT SYSTEM.
- CO WORKER ARE GOOD.
-HANDING OVER OF JOB.
Productive and fun workplace
Assembler (Former Employee), Coal Valley, ILNovember 6, 2012
Fast paced and alots of attention to detail. Learned alot of new and interesting things. Management and co-workers were very good people. The only problem i had was being laid off two months before my probation period was up and it just so happened to be right before the holiday months.
Productive and enjoyable work place
Unit Front Officer (Current Employee), KeighleyNovember 3, 2012
Pros: bonus scheme
Cons: process differences between different areas of the business
Varied daily routine, tasks managed by a rota scheme for each day between the team members.
work unsteady and tedious, but a good atmosphere
Assembler (Former Employee), Coal Valley, ILOctober 30, 2012
Pros: quarterly bonuses
Cons: market for products is slow, management in international forum is poor
Not an early start or terrible hours. Basic knowledge of the metric system is required and not too physical of work task. Union shop with no real opportunity of advancement. Running track for excalators when you have knowledge of wiring systems and have experience in the electrical field is an oversight on the part of supervisory position. Good atmosphere – more... but lacking in true leadership on production floor. Bonuses for performance short of motivational. – less
Stock controller (Current Employee), KeighleySeptember 18, 2012
Cons: working away
when given a task i always have been focused on a daily basis i go to work and do as i am asked by my manager, management isnt too bad and the projects given are feasible with targets about how to improve stock control and processes etc.

I learnt a lot by doing stock issuing and transfers on the SAP system
Small Office
Employee (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMSeptember 17, 2012
Pros: good industry
Cons: management
Small offices share more responsibilities among the employees but are graded and compared to those that are in large offices with the support.
not a great place too work..full stop..........
lift engineer (Former Employee), southSeptember 14, 2012
Cons: not a nice place too work.
not a nice place. thats all. bad managers too long hours nasty people.
Completed advanced modern apprenticeship gaining a NVQ level 3
LIFT ENGINEER (Former Employee), ScotlandAugust 30, 2012
After completing my modern apprenticeship gaining an NVQ Level 3 in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering i was fully responsible for the service, repair, modernisation and installation of elavators throughout scotland.
With the appropriate training this can be a great place to work.
Office Administrator (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALAugust 29, 2012
Cons: poor training
I love the company...but they have poor training ethics. Had I have been given the time and energy to train more indepth, I probably wouldn't be looking for employment elsewhere.
A cutting edge company with cutting edge ideas and procedures!
Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Riverside, CAAugust 7, 2012
Pros: benefits, schedule, learning opportunities
Cons: glass ceiling.
I enjoyed my time at Kone greatly. There were consistent opportunities to learn and expand. The mechanics and management were great to work with and the environment allowed new ideas for growth and change.
INSTALLATION
LIFT INSTALLER (Former Employee), U.K BASEDJune 24, 2012
Pros: personal development
Cons: lone working
AS A INSTALLER I WOULD BE DRIVEN BY THE COMPLETION OF A 16 FLOOR LIFT, MY ROLE WOULD SEE THE FULL INSTALLATION OF THIS LIFT, I WAS ABLE TO COMPLETE MY NVQ LEVEL 3 WHICH CAN ONLY IMPROVE MY FUTURE, THE CHANCE TO NOW COMPLETE LEVEL 4 AS A TESTER IS MY NEW GOAL.
Productive and Professional
Material Manager / Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Milwaukie, ORJune 21, 2012
Pros: family atmosphere
Installation, Construction and Maintenance of Elevators & Escalators
World Class Company
management treatment of office and field personal is poor
Elevator mechanic (Former Employee), rocky hill,ctJune 4, 2012
I wouldn't recommend working at this company to my worst enemy.
Elevator project Engineer
SITE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), JAIPURMay 10, 2012
Pros: food allowance
Cons: 8 hours
Site Project Engineering work ....i handle technical problem costumer support Engineering works,team manage work in project
Great people to work with and a great industry to work in
Quality, Safety and Training Manager (Former Employee), Western AustApril 3, 2012
Pros: freedom to implement change
Cons: always on call 24/7
My typical day would depend on my fellow workers day as problems/incidents/challenges were only a phone call away.
Management was always approachable with an open door policy and one never felt intimidated.
My most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction and communication i had across all levels of the company nationally and overseas and also to – more... see plans implemented and being successfull.
The least enjoyable part of my role was accident investigations especially those incidents that involved members of the public.
Besides a vast array of technical knowledge , the thing i learned was how to people manage in fact it seemed quite natural. When people pull together you can move mountains – less
Sound and solid company
Sales/Service Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 25, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Cons: managment support
Long days requiring constant multi-tasking. Sometimes challenging to work with all the different personnel and get them to maintain a higher level acheivement of which they were capable. It was enjoyable to see a project come to a profitable completion and equally as disappointing when we could not reach our goal.
Door Systems is a horrendous company to work for.
Office (Former Employee), Door Systems Itasca, ILFebruary 3, 2012
Pros: decent salary and benefits
Cons: extremely poor management, lack of work/business, employee relations
The management at Door Systems is dreadful and has caused the company to go downhill steadily for some time. Constant layoffs. I was praised constantly by multiple superiors but still laid off and the person replacing me had zero background in the position. Kone has not paid close enough attention to this sub-company and how things are run there.

About KONE

KONE began its elevator business on the ground floor and is working its way up. The US subsidiary of Finland's KONE sells, manufactures, – Read more