KONE

KONE Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
SALES CONSULTANT/ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee), USASeptember 12, 2013
Great place to work but can get stressful at times because they expect you to wear many hats
Worst company
credit & collections anaylst (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GASeptember 4, 2013
Pros: pay, benefits, 401k
Cons: no bonus, or room for advancement, dead end job.
KONE thinks there employees are disposal, overlooked and expect to take on more work loads. The managers are bullies and will run you out if your not liked. Your judged by spreadsheets and don't see the fine lines. The place is a revolving door with bad attitudes. Wrong people have way to much power.

Also not recognized for how hard you work either. – more... Managers talk behind your back and label you for the worst. – less
very productive but also very rushed constanly and always a chance to learn something new.
Warehouse manager/delivery driver/parts person (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTJuly 24, 2013
Pros: very busy, challenging work
Cons: no given lunch periods, rushed constantly
I am currently in search of a delivery driver position. I am DOT certified and have a clean driving record.
Service Sales and Marketing Administrator (Current Employee), QatarMay 27, 2013
It is satisfactory working here. Its a good experience.
Looking for a more challenging role now, and settling outside qatar
Nice environment
Supervisor (Current Employee), KeighleyMay 22, 2013
Pros: accomodating manager
Cons: shifts that include sundays, some nights, on call 1 in 4
Run reports, time keeping, stats for previous day/week
Rota's, book holidays and arrange cover
Participate in any meetings that may be required
Call Monitoring when required or as part of staff bonus
Arrange coaching or 121 sessions to give feedback and discuss any staff issues
Assist with any issues, complaints or queries
The hardest part of the job – more... is when you can't get hold of people you need to escalate issues to and dealing with the negativity this brings with customers and staff
The most enjoyable part is the relaxed atmosphere (at times not so) but I guess you get this with any job – less
Worse Place I Have Ever Worked!!
Employee (Former Employee), KnoxvilleMay 9, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: low pay, terrible management, workload borderlines lawful standards.
This company is the worse company I have ever worked for. Management is terrible. Problems abound with no one to manage the issues. OHV-Division Management could be by far the most back stabbing, useless, unproductive bunch I have seen. Would not suggest anyone working here. Pay is below industry standards and workload is borderline unlawful.
Terrible place
SOA Quality Manager (Former Employee), Allen, TXApril 1, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: leadership is terrible.
The management team has too many goals and objectives. Basically the theory of too many chiefs and not enough Indians. The company is loosing money in the North American market and I just don't see how they will allow it to function as it is. The company is riddled with analysis paralysis. They analyze data and do nothing to fix it. The company is good – more... at installing the elevators and escalators but they know nothing about manufacturing.

If I could give Kone a negative rating, I would. I am happy to get out of that place on my own terms. – less

April 4, 2013

Hello, Would it would be possible for you to contact me.. I am actually in the process of scheduling an interview sounds like for your old position.. I would love to get more insight from you.

Account Manager - Accounts Receivable (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 25, 2013
Pros: cafe
Cons: n/a
Hard working employees, cafe was nice, gym was nice. Lots of room for growth opportunity
Productive and great place to work!
Pros: cafe, tv's and computers in lunch rooms
Cons: n/a
Very structured and energetic environment to work in. Great people. Hard workers, and a great company for job stability and growth.
Productive and fun workplace
Accounts Assistant / Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Nicosia, CyprusJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
To begin with i would like to mention that i was working on a part-time basis (3 days, approximately 20-25 hours per week), this gave me the flexibility to manage my studies.
The accounts department was of a medium size enabling me to adjust quickly. Due to the fact that the office was open plan, no one was behind closed doors this helped in communication – more... with other staff members, making people more approachable when needing assistance.
Management was flexible, helpful and willing to listen if needed.
At first the collection of over due accounts was priority with customer liaising and communication either verbally or written, this gave me an insight into peoples thinking and how to always be polite but firm.
Posting invoices on the system and the reconciliation of vendor accounts was important, enabling me to understand the necessity of time management in an accounts office.
Analyzing financial data and making conclusions, interacting with my co workers and learning from their experience, taking advice and putting my opinion forward too.
With the collection of overdue accounts, the necessity to always stay calm and in control was important, some times frustrating when customers ignore your communication. On the other hand the successful collection of accounts was always rewarding. – less
Good in producing of Elevators,et
Project Engineer (Current Employee), chennai,bangalore,londonJanuary 22, 2013
I wish to work in KONE
The KONE was much liked me & i eager to work there...
Friendly environment
Lift Technician (Former Employee), East areaDecember 6, 2012
Pros: year end holidays
-learning new things
-upgrading course like company ambassador
-meet all level of customer
-working independently or in group
-most enjoyable moment is able to trouble shoot in shortest time
GOOD
INSTALLATION ENGINEER (Current Employee), SURAT GUJRATDecember 1, 2012
-OVERALL ITS FULL OF TARGET ORIENTED WORK.
I- LEARNED THE DEALING WITH CUSTOMER.
-ITS WELL ORGANISED MANAGEMENT SYSTEM.
- CO WORKER ARE GOOD.
-HANDING OVER OF JOB.
Productive and fun workplace
Assembler (Former Employee), Coal Valley, ILNovember 6, 2012
Fast paced and alots of attention to detail. Learned alot of new and interesting things. Management and co-workers were very good people. The only problem i had was being laid off two months before my probation period was up and it just so happened to be right before the holiday months.
Productive and enjoyable work place
Unit Front Officer (Current Employee), KeighleyNovember 3, 2012
Pros: bonus scheme
Cons: process differences between different areas of the business
Varied daily routine, tasks managed by a rota scheme for each day between the team members.
work unsteady and tedious, but a good atmosphere
Assembler (Former Employee), Coal Valley, ILOctober 30, 2012
Pros: quarterly bonuses
Cons: market for products is slow, management in international forum is poor
Not an early start or terrible hours. Basic knowledge of the metric system is required and not too physical of work task. Union shop with no real opportunity of advancement. Running track for excalators when you have knowledge of wiring systems and have experience in the electrical field is an oversight on the part of supervisory position. Good atmosphere – more... but lacking in true leadership on production floor. Bonuses for performance short of motivational. – less
Stock controller (Current Employee), KeighleySeptember 18, 2012
Cons: working away
when given a task i always have been focused on a daily basis i go to work and do as i am asked by my manager, management isnt too bad and the projects given are feasible with targets about how to improve stock control and processes etc.

I learnt a lot by doing stock issuing and transfers on the SAP system
Small Office
Employee (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMSeptember 17, 2012
Pros: good industry
Cons: management
Small offices share more responsibilities among the employees but are graded and compared to those that are in large offices with the support.
not a great place too work..full stop..........
lift engineer (Former Employee), southSeptember 14, 2012
Cons: not a nice place too work.
not a nice place. thats all. bad managers too long hours nasty people.
Completed advanced modern apprenticeship gaining a NVQ level 3
LIFT ENGINEER (Former Employee), ScotlandAugust 30, 2012
After completing my modern apprenticeship gaining an NVQ Level 3 in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering i was fully responsible for the service, repair, modernisation and installation of elavators throughout scotland.

About KONE

KONE began its elevator business on the ground floor and is working its way up. The US subsidiary of Finland's KONE sells, manufactures, – Read more