KONE

KONE Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced environment with constant change.
Associate Claim Representative (Former Employee), Moline, ILMarch 23, 2014
Grew Professionally. Learned a lot about managing people and claims. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the culture within the department and the unequal treatment of the workers. It wasn't how well the job the was done, but which clique you were in. This hostile work environment caused several very talented people to find other positions – more... outside the organization.

The most enjoyable part were the job building exercises. This enabled the workers to have a fun day and build their understanding of themselves and each other.

They offer great benefits. – less
Take it if you can handle it
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee), CAMarch 4, 2014
Pros: good compensation
Cons: micromanagement, lack of advancement opportunities
constant management changes, stressfull environment, micromanagement, commision plan changes every year to worse
KONE
New Equipment Business Senior Sales Engineer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 10, 2014
Great training program and a good first job for a college graduate.
nice place to work, a lot to learn
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), IndiaJanuary 2, 2014
its good to be part, as there are so many scenarios and lot of space to learn
Good work environment
Assembler (Former Employee), Coal Valley, ILDecember 9, 2013
Arrived on ork on time. Did my job, worked hard. Good work environment with friendly co-workers
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Linthicum, MDDecember 3, 2013
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: very demanding
I believe this was a good place to work and learn the trade. Everyone was so helpful right from the start. never board always business with either meetings or training.
Too Much Politics
Secret (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 25, 2013
Cons: change is needed
Needs to develop from within. Management only cares about themselves and not the employees.
productive and fun workplace
HR Trainee (Former Employee), Chennai, TNOctober 25, 2013
Pros: good work culture
Cons: i dint find anything
kone is one of the best company to work and to learn , its a comfortable place for a new comer to accommodate himself/herself
. i'm really amazed by the work culture of kone, it is composed of efficient team members and team leads!!

Kodus Kone

Cheers!!!!
electro mechanical work on jungle gym
Crane Inspection and Repair Technician (Former Employee), Oregon and Southern WashingtonSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: senic travel
Cons: work at height
afraid of heights? demanding environmental and safety hazards. Benefits were ok, but long hours and some travel. Lots of paper work! Selling is involved. I liked the outdoor locations, Oregon is beautiful.
SALES CONSULTANT/ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee), USASeptember 12, 2013
Great place to work but can get stressful at times because they expect you to wear many hats
Worst company
credit & collections anaylst (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GASeptember 4, 2013
Pros: pay, benefits, 401k
Cons: no bonus, or room for advancement, dead end job.
KONE thinks there employees are disposal, overlooked and expect to take on more work loads. The managers are bullies and will run you out if your not liked. Your judged by spreadsheets and don't see the fine lines. The place is a revolving door with bad attitudes. Wrong people have way to much power.

Also not recognized for how hard you work either. – more... Managers talk behind your back and label you for the worst. – less
very productive but also very rushed constanly and always a chance to learn something new.
Warehouse manager/delivery driver/parts person (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTJuly 24, 2013
Pros: very busy, challenging work
Cons: no given lunch periods, rushed constantly
I am currently in search of a delivery driver position. I am DOT certified and have a clean driving record.
Service Sales and Marketing Administrator (Current Employee), QatarMay 27, 2013
It is satisfactory working here. Its a good experience.
Looking for a more challenging role now, and settling outside qatar
Nice environment
Supervisor (Current Employee), KeighleyMay 22, 2013
Pros: accomodating manager
Cons: shifts that include sundays, some nights, on call 1 in 4
Run reports, time keeping, stats for previous day/week
Rota's, book holidays and arrange cover
Participate in any meetings that may be required
Call Monitoring when required or as part of staff bonus
Arrange coaching or 121 sessions to give feedback and discuss any staff issues
Assist with any issues, complaints or queries
The hardest part of the job – more... is when you can't get hold of people you need to escalate issues to and dealing with the negativity this brings with customers and staff
The most enjoyable part is the relaxed atmosphere (at times not so) but I guess you get this with any job – less
Worse Place I Have Ever Worked!!
Employee (Former Employee), KnoxvilleMay 9, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: low pay, terrible management, workload borderlines lawful standards.
This company is the worse company I have ever worked for. Management is terrible. Problems abound with no one to manage the issues. OHV-Division Management could be by far the most back stabbing, useless, unproductive bunch I have seen. Would not suggest anyone working here. Pay is below industry standards and workload is borderline unlawful.
Terrible place
SOA Quality Manager (Former Employee), Allen, TXApril 1, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: leadership is terrible.
The management team has too many goals and objectives. Basically the theory of too many chiefs and not enough Indians. The company is loosing money in the North American market and I just don't see how they will allow it to function as it is. The company is riddled with analysis paralysis. They analyze data and do nothing to fix it. The company is good – more... at installing the elevators and escalators but they know nothing about manufacturing.

If I could give Kone a negative rating, I would. I am happy to get out of that place on my own terms. – less

April 4, 2013

Hello, Would it would be possible for you to contact me.. I am actually in the process of scheduling an interview sounds like for your old position.. I would love to get more insight from you.

Account Manager - Accounts Receivable (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 25, 2013
Pros: cafe
Cons: n/a
Hard working employees, cafe was nice, gym was nice. Lots of room for growth opportunity
Productive and great place to work!
Pros: cafe, tv's and computers in lunch rooms
Cons: n/a
Very structured and energetic environment to work in. Great people. Hard workers, and a great company for job stability and growth.
Productive and fun workplace
Accounts Assistant / Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Nicosia, CyprusJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
To begin with i would like to mention that i was working on a part-time basis (3 days, approximately 20-25 hours per week), this gave me the flexibility to manage my studies.
The accounts department was of a medium size enabling me to adjust quickly. Due to the fact that the office was open plan, no one was behind closed doors this helped in communication – more... with other staff members, making people more approachable when needing assistance.
Management was flexible, helpful and willing to listen if needed.
At first the collection of over due accounts was priority with customer liaising and communication either verbally or written, this gave me an insight into peoples thinking and how to always be polite but firm.
Posting invoices on the system and the reconciliation of vendor accounts was important, enabling me to understand the necessity of time management in an accounts office.
Analyzing financial data and making conclusions, interacting with my co workers and learning from their experience, taking advice and putting my opinion forward too.
With the collection of overdue accounts, the necessity to always stay calm and in control was important, some times frustrating when customers ignore your communication. On the other hand the successful collection of accounts was always rewarding. – less
Good in producing of Elevators,et
Project Engineer (Current Employee), chennai,bangalore,londonJanuary 22, 2013
I wish to work in KONE
The KONE was much liked me & i eager to work there...

About KONE

KONE began its elevator business on the ground floor and is working its way up. The US subsidiary of Finland's KONE sells, manufactures, – Read more