KONE

KONE Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Victoria, BCApril 17, 2014
Good place to work with a good benefits and friendly people.
Respectful and professional
Safety Advisor (Former Employee), Fort McMurrayFebruary 15, 2013
SUMMARY
A resourceful results oriented Health Safety & Environment professional with a background in firefighting and safety services. My unique skill set enables the implementation of HSE communication programs integrated with practical HSE prevention programs and management systems to lead change and achieve improved performance outcomes. An effective – more... communicator with strong leadership skills and the ability to negotiate, influence, liaises and motivate on all level – less
Different type of work
Administrator-Service Division (Former Employee), ONOctober 9, 2012
Pros: dealing with the other administrators from across canada
Cons: last week working up to month end, long days
My day would consist of opening work orders, processing expense reports to be approved by Branch Manager.
Daily entry of technician hours, ensuring all purchase orders, hours, expenses related to a job have been entered, thus allowing closure of job.
Maintaining the "contract base" for Burlington; this consisted of entries of contracts for service to – more... customer's crane equipment, loading contract into system. The "base" was balanced daily/weekly and total information was required prior to the last "month end day" to have budget numbers/amounts entered for final service numbers.

It was interesting to see how cranes were produced/manufactured and learning about the various types of cranes, gantry's, jibs, etc.

A typical day wasn't always typical...you wanted to be sure there was balance between service work but making sure the customer needs were handled, especially when entering of the contracts, getting the information to customer in a timely manner, along with the booklet for their files.

I enjoy dealing with customers, whether it be by phone or in person, even though sometimes there were hiccups to deal with, truly enjoy that aspect of this particular job. – less
Management is Horrible
Crane Technician (Former Employee), Omaha, NeOctober 16, 2014
Well typically the day would start out going to the office and being handed a couple jobs to go to and if you were lucky you'd get your 8hrs for the day or have to just take the loss and without enough work guess what the boss does he hires on another person. I was lucky to get 20hrs a week at times. The good part was the customers were really enjoyable – more... and the co-workers were very helpful. – less
ok place to work
Welders Helper/ Tack Welder (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 13, 2014
Pros: fast pace work
Cons: no advancement
working at kone crane was a good job but they didnt have enough work to kee everyone busy
working as a tema
National Credit control Team leader (Current Employee), Durban, ZNOctober 13, 2014
Pros: the challenge
Kone Elevator is a multi national company, we install and maintaon elevators and escators. we have to busness areas which is the new business and maintenance business, i am the national credit controlelr teamleader. I manage both business area and have 6 people working directly under me, i manage a book value of 81mil in total. i manange the the over – more... due receivables on a daily basis and conduct weekly meetings with my team to reduce the 120+days receivables. i also manage the customer disputes and escalator them to the regional directors. this is a very chanlleging position and enjoy the pressurizing enviroment that i work in. i report on a weekly basis to the regional directors informing them of the status of they receivables. Kone aim is the emloyee satisfactiona nd aim to develope the young staff members.

Kone is always dedicated team – less
SUMMARY
Sales Engineer/AIA Lead speaker (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 24, 2014
GREAT MANAGEMENT

DONT BE AFRAID TO GET YOUR HANDS DIRTY

FREQUENT MEETINGS WITH GENERAL MANAGERS AND INTERNAL INSTALLATION PROJECT MANAGERS
Great Place to work.
Debbie Windsor, Office Manager (Former Employee), Englewood, COAugust 20, 2014
Pros: everything was great.
Great place to work, comfortable offices, supportive group of people to work with.
great co workers full of helpful knowledge
Service Technician (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 20, 2014
get work order from shop and complete work provided I learned a lot about troubleshooting and repairing issues also got to experience a lot of different industries was an eye opening yet great experience
Overall Ok place to work
Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Rocky Hill, CTJuly 30, 2014
Wish upper management was more concerned with advancing employees
productive and fun working enviroment
technical field trainer (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPJuly 9, 2014
Pros: training
Cons: nonee
ive learned how to work with clients and people of different attitudes.
management
Manager Installation (Current Employee), Noida, UPJune 28, 2014
Everyday when we work ,new things comes across us and every activity which we implement will become a management if it is successful enjoyable part of job is success as nothing succeeds like sucesss.
Excellent place of various race ,having special skill.
Senior Field Support Engineer (Former Employee), JEDDAH,MAKKAH,SAUDI ARABIAJune 17, 2014
Checking site status and installation work exist ,arrangement of manpower and tools for Preliminary Motor start afterwards commissioning through proper planning depend upon the site situation like electrical power temporary elevator ,material.
My workers are excellent diploma holders once messages observed then implemented well, no difficulties while – more... work with us even if we do not know about mechanical we try our own skill to solve is so interesting of us. – less
good management
Senior Elevator Troubleshooter (Current Employee), Melbourne CBDJune 17, 2014
attending elevator breakdowns and releasing of trapped passengers. Maintenance of DC/AC hoist motors and control equipment.
Good place to learn & execute
Purchase Engineer Trainee (Current Employee), Chennai, TNJune 13, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: don't know when the day ends
A typical day in supplier place was on my birthday 13/06/2014
I learned how to communicate verbally and written
Management is always for our side - nice
Everyone are senior to me but friendly
May be Shortage time
The most enjoyable is saturday half day
Very good place to work
Engineer (Former Employee), ChennaiJune 2, 2014
Pros: break fast and lunch facility
Personal life can balance,job security, more learning things and staffs are interactive
productive busy place to work
Dispatcher (Former Employee), MolineApril 11, 2014
Pros: room for advancement, nice managment
Cons: hard to get weekends off, short breaks, always busy
I received incoming calls from various businesses that needed work orders completed for service, I also managed customer accounts.
Well Known Company
Part Time Senior Payroll Administrator (Current Employee), ChertseyApril 4, 2014
Pros: team work
Cons: bad decision making by higher management
We have a good team, always will to help, The payroll is very complex so with this comes many problems, which is the hardest part of the job, rectifying the error made by the overseas data in put staff, hence the payroll be outsourced in the UK and not longer overseas.

The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with the staff and putting right what – more... has gone wrong.

Our direct management are very approachable and willing to help. – less
Fast paced environment with constant change.
Associate Claim Representative (Former Employee), Moline, ILMarch 23, 2014
Grew Professionally. Learned a lot about managing people and claims. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the culture within the department and the unequal treatment of the workers. It wasn't how well the job the was done, but which clique you were in. This hostile work environment caused several very talented people to find other positions – more... outside the organization.

The most enjoyable part were the job building exercises. This enabled the workers to have a fun day and build their understanding of themselves and each other.

They offer great benefits. – less
Take it if you can handle it
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee), CAMarch 4, 2014
Pros: good compensation
Cons: micromanagement, lack of advancement opportunities
constant management changes, stressfull environment, micromanagement, commision plan changes every year to worse

1 2 3 4

About KONE

KONE began its elevator business on the ground floor and is working its way up. The US subsidiary of Finland's KONE sells, manufactures, – Read more