KONE

KONE Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Respectful and professional
Safety Advisor (Former Employee), Fort McMurrayFebruary 15, 2013
SUMMARY
A resourceful results oriented Health Safety & Environment professional with a background in firefighting and safety services. My unique skill set enables the implementation of HSE communication programs integrated with practical HSE prevention programs and management systems to lead change and achieve improved performance outcomes. An effective – more... communicator with strong leadership skills and the ability to negotiate, influence, liaises and motivate on all level – less
Different type of work
Administrator-Service Division (Former Employee), ONOctober 9, 2012
Pros: dealing with the other administrators from across canada
Cons: last week working up to month end, long days
My day would consist of opening work orders, processing expense reports to be approved by Branch Manager.
Daily entry of technician hours, ensuring all purchase orders, hours, expenses related to a job have been entered, thus allowing closure of job.
Maintaining the "contract base" for Burlington; this consisted of entries of contracts for service to – more... customer's crane equipment, loading contract into system. The "base" was balanced daily/weekly and total information was required prior to the last "month end day" to have budget numbers/amounts entered for final service numbers.

It was interesting to see how cranes were produced/manufactured and learning about the various types of cranes, gantry's, jibs, etc.

A typical day wasn't always typical...you wanted to be sure there was balance between service work but making sure the customer needs were handled, especially when entering of the contracts, getting the information to customer in a timely manner, along with the booklet for their files.

I enjoy dealing with customers, whether it be by phone or in person, even though sometimes there were hiccups to deal with, truly enjoy that aspect of this particular job. – less
productive busy place to work
Dispatcher (Former Employee), MolineApril 11, 2014
Pros: room for advancement, nice managment
Cons: hard to get weekends off, short breaks, always busy
I received incoming calls from various businesses that needed work orders completed for service, I also managed customer accounts.
Well Known Company
Part Time Senior Payroll Administrator (Current Employee), ChertseyApril 4, 2014
Pros: team work
Cons: bad decision making by higher management
We have a good team, always will to help, The payroll is very complex so with this comes many problems, which is the hardest part of the job, rectifying the error made by the overseas data in put staff, hence the payroll be outsourced in the UK and not longer overseas.

The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with the staff and putting right what – more... has gone wrong.

Our direct management are very approachable and willing to help. – less
Fast paced environment with constant change.
Associate Claim Representative (Former Employee), Moline, ILMarch 23, 2014
Grew Professionally. Learned a lot about managing people and claims. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the culture within the department and the unequal treatment of the workers. It wasn't how well the job the was done, but which clique you were in. This hostile work environment caused several very talented people to find other positions – more... outside the organization.

The most enjoyable part were the job building exercises. This enabled the workers to have a fun day and build their understanding of themselves and each other.

They offer great benefits. – less
Take it if you can handle it
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee), CAMarch 4, 2014
Pros: good compensation
Cons: micromanagement, lack of advancement opportunities
constant management changes, stressfull environment, micromanagement, commision plan changes every year to worse
KONE
New Equipment Business Senior Sales Engineer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 10, 2014
Great training program and a good first job for a college graduate.
nice place to work, a lot to learn
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), IndiaJanuary 2, 2014
its good to be part, as there are so many scenarios and lot of space to learn
Good work environment
Assembler (Former Employee), Coal Valley, ILDecember 9, 2013
Arrived on ork on time. Did my job, worked hard. Good work environment with friendly co-workers
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Linthicum, MDDecember 3, 2013
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: very demanding
I believe this was a good place to work and learn the trade. Everyone was so helpful right from the start. never board always business with either meetings or training.
Too Much Politics
Secret (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 25, 2013
Cons: change is needed
Needs to develop from within. Management only cares about themselves and not the employees.
productive and fun workplace
HR Trainee (Former Employee), Chennai, TNOctober 25, 2013
Pros: good work culture
Cons: i dint find anything
kone is one of the best company to work and to learn , its a comfortable place for a new comer to accommodate himself/herself
. i'm really amazed by the work culture of kone, it is composed of efficient team members and team leads!!

Kodus Kone

Cheers!!!!
electro mechanical work on jungle gym
Crane Inspection and Repair Technician (Former Employee), Oregon and Southern WashingtonSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: senic travel
Cons: work at height
afraid of heights? demanding environmental and safety hazards. Benefits were ok, but long hours and some travel. Lots of paper work! Selling is involved. I liked the outdoor locations, Oregon is beautiful.
Worst company
credit & collections anaylst (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GASeptember 4, 2013
Pros: pay, benefits, 401k
Cons: no bonus, or room for advancement, dead end job.
KONE thinks there employees are disposal, overlooked and expect to take on more work loads. The managers are bullies and will run you out if your not liked. Your judged by spreadsheets and don't see the fine lines. The place is a revolving door with bad attitudes. Wrong people have way to much power.

Also not recognized for how hard you work either. – more... Managers talk behind your back and label you for the worst. – less
very productive but also very rushed constanly and always a chance to learn something new.
Warehouse manager/delivery driver/parts person (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTJuly 24, 2013
Pros: very busy, challenging work
Cons: no given lunch periods, rushed constantly
I am currently in search of a delivery driver position. I am DOT certified and have a clean driving record.
Service Sales and Marketing Administrator (Current Employee), QatarMay 27, 2013
It is satisfactory working here. Its a good experience.
Looking for a more challenging role now, and settling outside qatar
Nice environment
Supervisor (Current Employee), KeighleyMay 22, 2013
Pros: accomodating manager
Cons: shifts that include sundays, some nights, on call 1 in 4
Run reports, time keeping, stats for previous day/week
Rota's, book holidays and arrange cover
Participate in any meetings that may be required
Call Monitoring when required or as part of staff bonus
Arrange coaching or 121 sessions to give feedback and discuss any staff issues
Assist with any issues, complaints or queries
The hardest part of the job – more... is when you can't get hold of people you need to escalate issues to and dealing with the negativity this brings with customers and staff
The most enjoyable part is the relaxed atmosphere (at times not so) but I guess you get this with any job – less
Worse Place I Have Ever Worked!!
Employee (Former Employee), KnoxvilleMay 9, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: low pay, terrible management, workload borderlines lawful standards.
This company is the worse company I have ever worked for. Management is terrible. Problems abound with no one to manage the issues. OHV-Division Management could be by far the most back stabbing, useless, unproductive bunch I have seen. Would not suggest anyone working here. Pay is below industry standards and workload is borderline unlawful.
Terrible place
SOA Quality Manager (Former Employee), Allen, TXApril 1, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: leadership is terrible.
The management team has too many goals and objectives. Basically the theory of too many chiefs and not enough Indians. The company is loosing money in the North American market and I just don't see how they will allow it to function as it is. The company is riddled with analysis paralysis. They analyze data and do nothing to fix it. The company is good – more... at installing the elevators and escalators but they know nothing about manufacturing.

If I could give Kone a negative rating, I would. I am happy to get out of that place on my own terms. – less

Norma – April 4, 2013

Hello, Would it would be possible for you to contact me.. I am actually in the process of scheduling an interview sounds like for your old position.. I would love to get more insight from you.

Account Manager - Accounts Receivable (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 25, 2013
Pros: cafe
Cons: n/a
Hard working employees, cafe was nice, gym was nice. Lots of room for growth opportunity

1 2 3

About KONE

KONE began its elevator business on the ground floor and is working its way up. The US subsidiary of Finland's KONE sells, manufactures, – Read more