Kohler Co.

Kohler Co. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Kohler is a US MNC and has got a good work culture
Senior Executive HR (Former Employee), PuneMarch 19, 2015
Kohler is a US MNC and has got a good work culture.

A typical day consists of: morning wishes, breakfast, phone calls to vendors, meetings with team, superios, other department heads, preparing HR reports, lunch with colleagues, interviews with candidates, evening snacks and so on.

i learned the corporate culture, work ethics, etc.
Very good place to work for.
Racker (Former Employee), Union City, TNMarch 9, 2015
This company I worked for before my son was born and continued to work for after his birth and my pending leaving.
They were very good to me during the time my son was having health problems after his birth.
great workplace
Sub assembly (Former Employee), Sheridan, ARMarch 1, 2015
Pros: 30 minute lunches
Cons: long hours
A typical day of work is you clock in at 5:55 in the morning get your assignment like which workstation you will be at that day you get your paperwork you need to keep up with how much production you do that day. The management was very nice as well as the co workers. The hardest part of the job was working from 6 to 6 and being on your feet all that time. The best part is you work two off two work three off two and everyother weekend off and you could work on the days you had off for overtime because the orders were always so big.
Stressful and low engagement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kohler, WIFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: co-workers are wonderful people
Cons: inexperienced supervisors, lack of engagement, micromanaged
If you like to be micromanaged then this is the job for you. Plan to be stressed out to the max and be prepared for the management team to just continue piling more on to meet their metrics. The engagement of the department has gone down considerably in the last year due to the lack of a strong management team - not to mention they are again recruiting for another department manager after just 2 years. The co-workers are wonderful people, but the job is fast paced and intense. The turn-over is also very high so chances of gaining full time employment within the department will be very low and it is very hard to advance after you become a regular CSR. Breaks are offered, but they are rarely taken. Good luck!
Fortune 100 Great Places to Work for a Reason
Project Leader - Global Cash Management (Current Employee), Kohler, WIFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: flex hours, good pto for new associates, respect for associate opinions
Cons: brokers are up there w doctors/lawyers, can be tough, but unless you work directly with them all the time - you're good.
Part of the regular work day: Good job, good thinking, how's your work load?

There are no "unwritten" rules that you have to live & breathe work 60+ hours/week to get promoted. If there are issues, they are addressed head-on, with reasonable solutions.

Unlike many places, the intent of Management is to set you up for success.
relaxing yet stressful
assembly line (Current Employee), Sheridan, ARJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: benifits, job security, weekly pay
Cons: different personalities, temperature control, management communication
As long as you can separate work from outside life your work production will be excellent. Just leave all the problems at the door.
productive,fun
Forklift Operator, Epoxy Applicator (Former Employee), Brownwood, TXJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: no free nothing
Cons: 2 breaks, 30 minute lunch
i worked here 4 the Benefits,i i was 1 of the Forklift Drivers there this was the funnest Part of the Job
Good Pay Good Benifits
Generator tester/Material Handler (Former Employee), Kohler, WIJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: angry coworkers, and crazy angry management.
I worked for the Kohler Co. for almost 10 years and the last job i had before being laid off was the most fun i've had in a work place. I was a generator tester for the biggest generators they make. i would take fully assembled generators fill them with oil anti freeze hook up gas lines and attach load leads for the power output. once it was set up i would put it through a series of tests to make sure it would shut down in case of emergency/oil,antifreeze leaks. once done with that I would use a computer program to run load tests. the most enjoyable part of this job was working alone. kohler is a strange place and not that I'm anti social but it is better to just keep to yourself. In the years i worked there i worked in quite a few divisions and in almost every one i witnessed actual physical fights between coworkers.
nice
Supplier Quality Engineering Co-op (Former Employee), Kohler, WIJanuary 10, 2015
lots of good work to be done. I learned about every type of manufacturing in each of the different mediums. I would highly recommend for college students.
Amazing employer
CONFIDENTIAL SECRETARY (Current Employee), Kohler, WIJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: great benefits, engaging atmosphere
Kohler Co. is a dynamic organization to work for. They have several business units available that provide a wide variety of career opportunities. They support continuing education and offer many courses on-site at the Kohler Learning facility located on the Kohler Co. campus. The benefits are amazing and it is fulfilling to work for a company that is devoted to their employees and wants everyone to succeed in their life and in their career.
Fun and fast paced work place
Golf Course Maintenance Crew Leader (Current Employee), Sheboygan, WIJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: occasional cookouts
Cons: some days are very long
There isn't a typical day at the course, which makes every day different and unique.
Lack of advancement
Foreman/Supervisor Plastics (Current Employee), Spartanburg, SCDecember 30, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: switching shifts
I have learned a lot about payroll and different computer platforms SAP.
Great Company
Digital Designer (Current Employee), Kohler, WIDecember 28, 2014
Kohler is a great company to work for. Its wonderful that they allow their associates to move from department to department for better development.
Fine
Quality Inspector (Former Employee), Kohler, WIDecember 9, 2014
I only worked there for a summer but I cannot complain. The hours were not bad and the coworkers were all nice. It was a good source of income for the summer
The people I worked with were enjoyable but sitting in a cubicle and typing on the computer for 8 hours a day was boring.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Kohler, WINovember 14, 2014
Pros: the associates i worked with were pleasant and helpful in performing my duties successfully.
Cons: since this was a temporary job, there was no job security or benefits.
I typed in product orders for plumbing wholesalers using the computer and also processed display orders and oversea orders which were to be delivered to Kohler Company.

I learned to more effectively use the computer.

The work itself was not difficult. The hardest part of the position which I did master was to discipline myself to sit for 8 hours a day and continue to be as productive the last hour of the day as the first hour.

The most enjoyable part of this job was working with the people I was surrounded with.
Hard labor with decent pay
Assembly/ Single Line Worker (Former Employee), Hattiesburg, MSNovember 14, 2014
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: short breaks. pretty long hours
A lot of hands-on phyical labor with a few solid managers. not one of my favorite jobs but it paid the bills so overall I cannot complain.
Great Company to work for.
Engineer (Current Employee), Kohler, WINovember 3, 2014
Great Company to work for, great people and culture.

Indeed wants more information so I'm typing this in haste to get to the next screen. I'd rather not put more information here, just use the services they are providing via the internet.
Management has issues
Manager, Showroom (Former Employee), KohlerSeptember 26, 2014
Overall the team working in Kohler is great but some external managers are poorly trained
Productive and good place to work at
One peice caster (Current Employee), Brownwood, TXSeptember 15, 2014
A typical day at work would start at 6:45am start casting or fill up your molds and keep going thru out the day doing differ steps at certain times and the day would end a 3pm.
Some days I will learn some new ways to do my job faster and easier.
I always get along with al my co-workers I'm very friendly and easy going and I don't see diffrences between ethical groups
I think the hardest part of my job is when your co-workers don't want to cooperate.
the most enjoyable part of my job is when everyone works together and everybody works safe and nobody gets hurt and we all get to go home safe and sound so that we can do it all over again the next day.
Funworkplace
Manager for Inn at Woodlake (Former Employee), Kohler, WISeptember 8, 2014
lots of opportunity for advancement
most employees got along

About Kohler Co.

When profits go down the drain at Kohler, that's not necessarily a bad thing. The company makes bathroom and kitchen products – Read more