Kohler Co. Employee Reviews

Fun place to work with good management
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI24 October 2016
It was fun and not a stressful position as an administrative assistant and greeting those to come to the office. Also experiencing the world's largest music festival is exciting and long hours.
Laid-back but productive environment
Engineering Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MS5 January 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Kohler Engines in Hattiesburg. My co-workers were all friendly and helpful- a big contrast to the cutthroat environment in other engineering firms. None of the higher-ups try to be intimidating and were generally happy to answer any questions you had. The job was fast paced at times but relaxed at others, though never too overwhelming.
Pros
Lax schedule
Cons
Lots of meetings
Easy
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI10 November 2016
Very hard to move up in. People are easy to work with. Great job. Monday through Friday with weekends off. Good pay. Hard advancement. Big company to move up in
Pros
Easy
Cons
Short breaks
The best at what they produce - a real sense of being part of something extraordinary
Senior Sales Executive - Kitchen & Bath Wholesale (Current Employee) –  Kohler, WI15 October 2016
Kohler is a fantastic company! Very innovative and the leader in their industry. Being a family run business has its pros and cons. There is a true sense of family among all Kohler employees, but action can sometimes be slow. Overall a great place to work.
Pros
Best products on the market; sense of being part of something great
Cons
Can be slow to act; heavy focus on innovation sometimes leads to hasty launches
Work Anywhere But Here
Production Employee (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TX22 August 2016
This is the "Good 'Ol Boy" system. If you don't fit in, or don't go along with their egotistical ways of doing things, like sleeping on duty every night, or their "promote the worst possible applicant to be your boss because he has a deer lease", then you're going to hate every day you manage to keep your job. Let somebody get under your hard-working skin, some lazy smart-mouth, and you'll find yourself out on the street. Save yourself the trouble, just work somewhere else. They don't care about you, your family, nothing but themselves. Privately owned company so they can act that way.
Pros
Some cool co-workers
Cons
Everything else
Fun workplace.
Saw Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Union City, TN8 November 2016
I woke up everyday loving my job. I was always constantly busy, loved my coworkers, and had the same schedule basically everyday. I learned that I was able to do multiple things at the same time, and do them in a short time frame. The hardest part was making sure the metal wasn't scratched up or have any flaws. Working here overall was a good experience.
Pros
good work environment, breaks every two hours, and off on holidays.
Cons
trying to get a day off.
Great co-workers
Banquet Set-up (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI13 January 2017
The people I worked with have become life-long friends and that's about it. They pay is terrible, upper management treats you like garbage and they expect you to not have a life other than Kohler.
Great place to work.
Plastics Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, AR8 February 2017
Great place to work. Very family oriented. People are friendly. Flexible management and very open to new ideas. Lots of different positions to choose from.
Great Pay
Faucets Operator (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI1 November 2016
Great pay, but they enroll you in the union without permition. Machines don't run well, and the number of units per day are to high. You get to chose if you want to do overtime. They change scedule to working all weekends except one a month without warning you cant get out of it. Coworkers are great.
Pros
Pay and coworkers
Cons
Unreasonable work numbers
One day in Kohler
Module Operator/Material handler (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SC15 November 2016
I would start my day off stretching with the group of employees. After exercises we would work half our 12 hour shift we would take a 30 minute break. I would work through my break sometimes. When the breaks were finished we would work the other half of work.
Pros
good pay
Cons
hard and tough group of people to work for
Very good
Customer Service Agent I (Current Employee) –  Kohler, WI18 March 2016
Great great great company. They treat their employees as well as they treat their customers, the benefits are phenomenal. Coworkers are kind and very helpful!
hard work
Cast Iron Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI12 December 2016
Very physically demanding work, but great people to work with. Management didn't care about the employees only about the bottom dollar. Anything to make a buck.
Incompetent
Spa Therapist (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI15 June 2016
After 20 years in the spa industry by the far the worst environment I've ever experienced. Management is incompetent, only in place because they started out as kids and stayed. Backbiting encouraged and led by leads. No room for advancement at all. No life work balance and expected to work for minimum wage if you make anything at all. 5 stars are bought
Pros
Pretty spa
Cons
as an intern, things could have been worse
Procurement Intern (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI19 January 2017
Living in sheboygan is equivalent to living in Purgatory. if the idea of living in a dead town does not put you off, you will enjoy working at Kohler, after all your soul is already gone
Pros
people will respect your knowledge of toilets
Cons
you have a knowledge of toilets
Very good company with stable family ownership direction
Staff Engineer Advanced Development (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI11 August 2015
Very large, Global company.
Strong history from family upbringing to present day family ownership, including stewardship responsibilities.
Excellent range of labor and salaried positions to enable anyone from a hands-on job to the CEO to grow.
Compensation and benefits are competitive, but mediocre.
Ability to travel to other plant sites domestic and oversees adds additional insight, growth, and satisfaction to work.
The cooler climate and long winters in the headquarters of Kohler, WI add to the robustness of the job, and it is a beautiful part of the country nestled beside Lake Michigan.
Productive Work Place
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Brownwood, TX22 October 2016
It is a busy production company, I repair equipment and machinery that breakdown and do preventative maintenance on equipment. It is a friendly place to work with respectful management staff.
Wonderful Company with Many Opportunities for Advancement
Supply Chain Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI11 January 2017
Kohler is an excellent company to work for as an Intern/Co-op. I was working in multiple different areas, met many wonderful people, and built a resume with outstanding skills to mention.
Awful Managment (Bullies)
Network Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sheridan Arkansas22 November 2016
The management at the Arkansas facility bully their employees until the employee finally quits. Awful Accounting Manager.
Engaging, positive workplace with a network of support for projects
Metallurgical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI31 August 2016
Work begins very early in the Cast Iron Group, often around 4:30AM, and lasts until around 2PM.

There is a plethora of projects to undertake and many supporting engineers to help each other.

I would say the groups within the Cast Iron are more loosely defined, and each group is definitely invested in the success of each other's projects.

Cooperation and engineering around the human condition is the greatest challenge at the plant.
Good business to try and advance in
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI13 November 2016
Good business to work for, never had a problem with the company, they helped me out to find a job again when the engines division layed me off, and workers train you well for whatever job you are asked to do.
Pros
Overtime hours, workers work together and get along with everyone
Cons
Hours cut, lay offs