Kohler Co. Employee Reviews

Good company if you fit the culture
Senior Market Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WI7 July 2017
Kohler definitely allows you to succeed as a whole, but within each business unit the focus can be completely different. It is also very conservative.
Kohler CO
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI5 July 2017
Great place to work. Great insurance, pay and benefits. Enjoyed my co-workers and management. Would return to work if the opportunity came up and we move back to the area.
Unorganized
Turret Operator (Current Employee) –  Saukville, WI29 June 2017
No communication between union and non union even though it is same company fast paced unhappy people management sucks no communication very one sided
Pros
Wages
A good place
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MS29 June 2017
A great place to work night shift was great co workers treated you like family. The pay and benefits was a plus. I learn a lot making hard things simple
General Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Union City, TN27 June 2017
Changing culture in a manufacturing facility that competes in the shower/bathing market. Typical work day is 10 or more hours. Great group of people that work on the shop floor.
Kept me fit but a terrible job
Distributing (Current Employee) –  Hawthorne, NJ27 June 2017
Hire to fire before making union. No room to collect unemployment or anything. My tip save most checks & stash them for a rainy day so you won't be left on your behind if they drop the hammer. That's what I've did.

Schedule is everyday

7am-whenever you finish
(Everyday)
No time for family/events/relationships/you time

Off weekends only

Very tiring job
$10.00 $15OT

Not a place to grow at.
Pros
Truck
Cons
Terrible management & managers. They work you like mules 24/7 with a consistent schedule
Its a nice job to have.
Assembly Line worker (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MS24 June 2017
When i worked at Kohler it was a great place to work with very good benefits. I loved working with the people that i worked with. If i could i would go back to work there.
Hard working individuals will succeed in this career
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI22 June 2017
As a seasonal general manufacturer this job was a nice constant, nice income and good benefits existed as well. Very strict with the proper procedures. Slackers are not welcomed
I ran a wheel abrator machine that enamled sinks
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI20 June 2017
I inspected repaired all bathroom sinks to lavatory sinks grinded and enamled for customer making sure were quality product at a very timely and productive speed safely
Large Corporation with little concern for employees
In-Room Dining Server (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI16 June 2017
Working at the American Club sucks. There is very little room for advancement unless you have a higher up connection. The manager for the room service department does not know how to schedule employees nor know how to reply to and resolve issues.
Pros
free food
Cons
poor management
Have to be fast and have a good eye
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MS15 June 2017
A typical day at work is mostly on the day to day basis. Pushing those engine down the line as fast as possible. Try not to hold the line up because it will make you look bad.
Pros
Off on Sunday
Cons
Short break
Enjoyable work place
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Sheridan, AR14 June 2017
My work enviroment is a nice enviroment with great coworkers. Kolher has alot of different benefits. I also love my working hours because it allows me to spend alot of time with my family.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
There is no cons
It was okay...
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, AR14 June 2017
It's a lot of hard work for little pay. 12 hour shifts only making 9.50 an hour didn't really cut it. The job was tiring and annoying. A lot of the employees don't know what No means... they also don't know how to do their jobs. They instead walk around flirting or trying to make inappropriate advances on others. It's like high school all over again. I am way to grown for that.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
Everything else
productive and hard working environment
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TX14 June 2017
working for the kohler company was a great experience. I learned a lot. the management team was not only informative, but also understanding and willing to give hours.
Good Company
Team Assembler (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MS12 June 2017
Working within the machine shop, i learned many new skills and gained a lot of experience i can use in any manufacturing job. Enjoyed learning new machine operating skills, fair and honest job.
Pros
Good salary, bills paid
Cons
Working seven days a week to meet quota
A great company with a lot of potential but filled with bad decisions.
Material Control Operator (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MS11 June 2017
It is a great company filled with opportunity but it is also filled with people who are self centered and selfish. who would not help others succeed for the sake of the company's progression.
Central Reservations
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI10 June 2017
I worked here briefly in the central reservations dept for hotel, spa, and golfing. they have strict standards for each phone call to meet the 5 diamond standards.
long days
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, FL9 June 2017
A typical day at work was the boss picked me up at around 7:00 AM and work intill around 6:30. Then go to different houses doing small work like trim, drywall, and replacing tile. I'v learned that it is not an easy job to do and that it is easier to say it then to do it because it has to be perfect. The hardest part of the day was the last job because you are super tied and just want to get it over with.
Pros
good pay, hour for lunch
Cons
only one break
forklift driver
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SC8 June 2017
when i first got yo kohler it was a good place to work and it was pretty easy to driver a sit down forklift an putting the right tubs in there locations
Fast pace environment
Operation Technician (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MS7 June 2017
Kohler is a fast pace environment with very little down time. Kohler reinvests an average of at least 90 percent of our earnings back into the Company annually. This enables their privately held company to grow at a steady pace.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kohler Co.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval