Kohler Co. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive and fun workplace
Finance Co-ordinator (Current Employee), Gurgaon,HryanaSeptember 1, 2012
Pros: lunch facility available, flexibility working environment, supporting management
No doubt company is good,facility providing is the best.Typical day at work is my first day when i assigned to do work suddenly i got surprised but i did my job efficiently.Life ia a learning process,learning never stopped in one's end so i go forward i learn more nad more,.My co-workers are very much friendly and loving nature ,they have been helping,and guiding me in my work place.The most enjoyable part of the job is is my work,i m enjoying the work while i m doing the work and the most hardest part of the job is when i remained ideal without the work.
great workplace
Sub assembly (Former Employee), Sheridan, ARMarch 1, 2015
Pros: 30 minute lunches
Cons: long hours
A typical day of work is you clock in at 5:55 in the morning get your assignment like which workstation you will be at that day you get your paperwork you need to keep up with how much production you do that day. The management was very nice as well as the co workers. The hardest part of the job was working from 6 to 6 and being on your feet all that time. The best part is you work two off two work three off two and everyother weekend off and you could work on the days you had off for overtime because the orders were always so big.
Very good company with stable family ownership direction
Staff Engineer Advanced Development (Former Employee), Kohler, WIAugust 11, 2015
Very large, Global company.
Strong history from family upbringing to present day family ownership, including stewardship responsibilities.
Excellent range of labor and salaried positions to enable anyone from a hands-on job to the CEO to grow.
Compensation and benefits are competitive, but mediocre.
Ability to travel to other plant sites domestic and oversees adds additional insight, growth, and satisfaction to work.
The cooler climate and long winters in the headquarters of Kohler, WI add to the robustness of the job, and it is a beautiful part of the country nestled beside Lake Michigan.
Fortune 100 Great Places to Work for a Reason
Project Leader - Global Cash Management (Current Employee), Kohler, WIFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: flex hours, good pto for new associates, respect for associate opinions
Cons: brokers are up there w doctors/lawyers, can be tough, but unless you work directly with them all the time - you're good.
Part of the regular work day: Good job, good thinking, how's your work load?

There are no "unwritten" rules that you have to live & breathe work 60+ hours/week to get promoted. If there are issues, they are addressed head-on, with reasonable solutions.

Unlike many places, the intent of Management is to set you up for success.
Nice place to work, fast pace, employee's work hard at their jobs
Material Handler (Former Employee), Kohler, WisconsinFebruary 15, 2012
Pros: good job, good health care, and 401k
Cons: can only get temp. jobs, breaks
I enjoyed working at this company, had great benefits, l learned a lot of things, drove fork lift truck, packing, inspecting parts, loaded and unloaded semi trucks, worked with over head crane, good company to work for till economy was bad, and new contract went through, have 16 years in this company and now can only get temporary jobs instead of full time employment
Fast Paced
Machine operator/Assembly (Current Employee), Kohler, WISeptember 15, 2015
Cons: Being only a flex worker
I currently work at the Kohler Co., but in the factory. I like working here because it is fast paced and I am always moving. This was my first and only factory job I have had, and I have learned a lot from working here. I have gained the ability to work at a faster pace, have a stronger work ethic, cooperate with other co-workers, have better time management, and lastly learn to operate more than one machine. I also like the management because they are very understanding of hours and cooperate with employees if something comes up.
They produce engines, bathroom and kitchen accesorries
Area Associate to Senior Secretary (Former Employee), Kohler, WIOctober 1, 2013
Pros: i advanced at my job continuously
Cons: i had no issues with kohler company
Provide administrative and clerical support for Manufacturing Support, Vitreous and Plastics.
Type, file, deliver mail, answer phones, make travel arrangements and perform other routine office procedures.
Proof, sort and check data, post and consolidate data, prepare reports, forms and schedules.
Organize, maintain and assume custodian responsibilities for departmental files, records and documents.
Take meeting minutes and handle confidential information.
Not a bad job for someone single with no kids
Anodize Operatior (Former Employee), Union City, TNJune 15, 2013
Pros: pay rate, insurance, morale
Cons: constantly changing work schedule, very hot in the summer
Back then I worked 3rd shift, it was the only way to get hired. Working in anodize was a physical job when racking/unracking the metal for shower doors. The catwalk was somewhat physical, more mental. We rotated managers, and I got along with all of them just fine. I learned how to think on my feet doing this job.
Was able to learn many skills and grow at this company.
Warehouse Shipping operator (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 13, 2012
Work 12 hrs a day, 3 12's and days and 5 8 hr shifts on nights. Load trailors in a orderly and timely fashion. Count invenory, recieve cutomer returns. Learned to operate a forklift, inventory control, how to operate a K-PAK scanner and more computer skills. Management is very heplful. My co-workers are very pleasant to work with, hard workers and very helpfull. Hardest part of job is inventory management. Working with my co-workers.
productive and hard work, but still fun to make something with your own hands.
caster (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCSeptember 15, 2015
Pros: bonus weekly
Cons: healthcare
productive, and hard work. you do most of the work with hands. they use liquid clay to form comodes and sinks.pour that into a mode, and it forms whatever piece you are making .drain the exces off, and piece it together.the hard part where the heavy modes. I learned that table plates and comodes are made of clay.the fun part is to watch it all come together from the begining to end.the co workers made it a fun place somedays.
Kohler Company at its finest
Cashier (Former Employee), Kohler, WIApril 29, 2015
Pros: Amazing employees!
Cons: none
Working Woodlake was an amazing experience. Knowing that Woodlake Market was part of the ever diverse Kohler Company made every employee appreciate their job, including myself. We were (are for current employees) part of something greater and the image Kohler puts out reflected back on us. I personally loved all the events Woodlake participated in because it drew in different types of customer demographics and one can learn about different views of life.
Overall A Great Company To Work For
Engineer (Current Employee), Kohler, WIApril 7, 2015
Diverse company with a lot of opportunity to grow and learn. Day-to-day is busy, but expectations are fair and reasonable. There is a sense of pride instilled with working at a company steeped in history and culture. Co-workers are pleasant in demeanor and generally skilled/engaged in their jobs. However, the "old, large company" corporate structure & culture can sometimes impede creativity and freedom to implement meaningful improvements on a large scale without direct upper management direction.
Excellent Environment and friendly coworkers
Senior Receptionist - Engine Division (Former Employee), Kohler, WI 53044June 11, 2014
Pros: very enjoyable atmosphere to work in
Cons: would always be a manpower positions with no paid holidays or no paid time off
Greeted visitors, interacted with coworkers, organized training manual, answered phones.
The most enjoyable part of the job is greeting and visiting with guests and visitors and making sure they were assisted and comfortable.
There was no hardest part of the job. Very enjoyable. I learned to maintain an upbeat and friendly attitude at all times.
work at Kohler
Reporting Accountant (Former Employee), Barnwood, ENGFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: teams stick together trying to help each other through the day
Cons: too much stress, too much work, not worth it for no matter how much money. low pay. no bonus to speak off.
Far too high workload with stress levels through the roof. No help from management at all. There is not a day going by without someone bursting into tears in the kitchen. 2 to 3 employees off sick with tress related illness at any one time.
Laid back very fun place to work at
Packware hauler (Former Employee), Brownwood, TXJuly 2, 2013
Pros: everything about kohler
Cons: too many lay off's
I liked working for the Kohler Co. I hated to leave, but due to the cut backs I was next in line to be laid off. If I had the chance to go back I would. The work enviorment was one of the best. No matter what department you went into you always heard laughter. That is a job worth having for the rest of your life.
Innovative, Team focussed, results driven, consumer focussed
Engineering Manager (Current Employee), Kohler, WIJune 29, 2015
Pros: Job security, Talent friendly
Cons: Strong culture, low resilience to failure/change
highly engaged, results focussed, intense team collaboration driven culture.

Management is dynamic will a strong will to adapt to market trends, outsmart competition and a vested interest in talent development.

Hardest part of the job is balancing all functional needs abd delivering a gracious experience for customers.

Most enjoyable part is the ability to deliver products/solutions that make consumers smile.
Great Environment, Great people
Assembler, Packer, Set Up, Material Handler (Current Employee), Kohler, WIApril 3, 2013
Pros: great pay, lots of overtime, good people
Cons: the only thing i didn't like was the flex worker program, waiting month to month to find out if you have a job to come back to the next month.
I liked working in the DC building. Great people, I got along with everyone. Everyone had a great sense of humor. Great foreman.
Kohler is the nicest place I ever worked. It wasn't just a job.

The only thing I didn't like was the Flex worker program, waiting month to month to find out if you have a job to come back to the next month.

Great starting pay. Lots of overtime.

May 29, 2014

The 2nd best assignment I had was working at Kohler Generator, building electronic components and harnesses. I want to go back. There was the same great work atmosphere too, friendly and lots of laughing.

Professional and Friendly on all levels
Server (Current Employee), Kohler, WIFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: excellent employee relationships
My past employment has taught me many things. As a server, I was expected to handle myself professionally and maintain excellent relationships with customers during every shift. It was honestly a pleasure working for Kohler Co. I've never had more supportive managers or coworkers. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the people I met and still remain good friends with (coworkers and customers).
Good pay buts thats all
Engineering Technician II (Former Employee), Kohler WIOctober 18, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: bad management, back stabbers, will let you go when you turn 50.
Very repetitive work. I did learn a lot about engines. Management sucked. They will stab you in the back in a hearbeat. Most of my co-workers were great. They also hated their job. The hardest part of the job was never being appreciated for what you did. The best part was all the new things you had a chance to learn.
THE ONLY THING GOOD WAS THE PAY
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee), Searcy, ARMay 11, 2012
THEY HIRED US AFTER ALL THEIR WORKERS WENT ON STRIKE, AND THE WHOLE TIME WE WORKED THEIR, THEY DID NOTHING BUT LIE AND THEY USED US TO GET THEIR WORK OUT. THE STRIKERS WON THEIR LAWSUIT, WE WERE TERMINATED WITHOUT WARNING AND KOHLER LIED AND SAID THEY NEVER TOLD US WE WERE PERMANENT. THE NEXT YEAR THEY MOVED THE FACTORY TO MEXICO, AND WE FILED A LAWSUIT AGAINST THEM WHICH WE ARE STILL GOING TO COURT OVER.
Headquarters