Kohler Co.

Kohler Co. Employee Reviews

Fun workplace.
Saw Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Union City, TN8 November 2016
I woke up everyday loving my job. I was always constantly busy, loved my coworkers, and had the same schedule basically everyday. I learned that I was able to do multiple things at the same time, and do them in a short time frame. The hardest part was making sure the metal wasn't scratched up or have any flaws. Working here overall was a good experience.
Pros
good work environment, breaks every two hours, and off on holidays.
Cons
trying to get a day off.
Great Pay
Faucets Operator (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI1 November 2016
Great pay, but they enroll you in the union without permition. Machines don't run well, and the number of units per day are to high. You get to chose if you want to do overtime. They change scedule to working all weekends except one a month without warning you cant get out of it. Coworkers are great.
Pros
Pay and coworkers
Cons
Unreasonable work numbers
Good Place to Work
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI28 December 2015
I loved each and every job I held at Kohler company. I thought I had found a place to work for the rest of my life. The great recession of 2008 took me out of a job there. I loved each and everyday I was allowed to work there, it was so sad to have to leave in those big layoffs.
Pros
Great Benifits
Inconsistent Hours
Labor Pool (Former Employee) –  Union City, TN26 May 2016
I worked through Staff Management, which is a temp agency located in the factory, and the hours were inconsistent. I had to be there by 6 am and if there wasnt enough work to go around, they would send us home and wasted our gas and time. The hours we did work we only were paid $9.25 an hour. Complete waste of time.
Pros
Set break times
Cons
Inconsistent hours and pay
World class company - excellent place to work.
Accounting Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Kohler, WI31 August 2016
Great place to work with many opportunities to grow. People are great to work with and supportive management, Kohler is a world class company and the work environment is world class also.
One day in Kohler
Module Operator/Material handler (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SC15 November 2016
I would start my day off stretching with the group of employees. After exercises we would work half our 12 hour shift we would take a 30 minute break. I would work through my break sometimes. When the breaks were finished we would work the other half of work.
Pros
good pay
Cons
hard and tough group of people to work for
Fun and Loving place to work
Machine Operator/Assembly Line (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MS22 November 2015
I love working for kohler engines they pay rate was great and they had very great benefits!! Kohler taught me a lot of things. At a young age working for a big company I learn how to socialized and comprehend well with different people with different personality I was taught its best when working in a big industrial company like Kohler Engines..
Productive Work Place
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Brownwood, TX22 October 2016
It is a busy production company, I repair equipment and machinery that breakdown and do preventative maintenance on equipment. It is a friendly place to work with respectful management staff.
Good business to try and advance in
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI13 November 2016
Good business to work for, never had a problem with the company, they helped me out to find a job again when the engines division layed me off, and workers train you well for whatever job you are asked to do.
Pros
Overtime hours, workers work together and get along with everyone
Cons
Hours cut, lay offs
A hard fast paced job that is physically and mentally challenging.
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI27 August 2015
I looked forward to working with my 2nd shift coworkers, who have trained me well in all aspects of the job.
Beyond the regular laundry room duties that I came to enjoy; I also belonged to entire family of team members throughout the resort. We all consistently worked hard towards the goal of our 5-Star standard for all the guests.
Pros
Hospitality bucks earn you free stuff throughout the resort, great benefits package
Cons
A muggy hot enviroment, Maintenance cannot always fix the issues when they happen, Mangle needs upgrades that are not being addressed.
The job wasnt hard
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TX17 September 2016
I liked the position. It was a easy layout as far as the warehouse.The thing that made me leave was the manager in my dept. He was being disrespectful and speaking about black ppl in spanish. when I reported it they allowed him to retaliate on the employes.
Pros
easy warehouse work
Cons
disrespectful employees
Awful Managment (Bullies)
Network Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sheridan Arkansas22 November 2016
The management at the Arkansas facility bully their employees until the employee finally quits. Awful Accounting Manager.
fast pace work environment with hot temperatures.
Foundry worker (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI6 June 2016
I would start at 9:54. I would look at the board to see what job I'm assigned. I would either pour iron or drive the forklift, hauling iron. I got along with my management and co-workers. The hardest part of my job was that its intimidating. Once you got past that, the job was smooth sailing. What i liked about the job, was that it was fast paced so it usually flew by quick.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
hot
Internship
Shift management of front desk staff (Current Employee) –  Kohler, WI7 August 2016
They were very flexible with my schedule. During my time their I learned alot about the car business and social media marketing.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Worked for free
Very fast paced
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI15 July 2016
I would get to work, set up the line and finish what the night person didnt do. I learned how to use a meat slicer and to correctly hold a chef knife and chop quickly. My co-workers for the most part were all nice and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was the lunch rush. Impossible to keep up with all the orders and special orders coming in. Most enjoyable were the people.
Pros
Loved what I was doing
Cons
Lack of structure, no set breaks
great team work!
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Sheridan, AR18 July 2016
It's been such a blessing to just have a job.Great team work and dedication with the people who works for this company. I love working there.
Pros
great management!
Cons
getting people that's going to work an stick with it.
Kohler is a very good company to work for
Operator (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, AR13 May 2016
i would go in and get my orders and look at the skid and find out how many i would need to completer the order. I learned how to make faucets, and how to how other things are made. The management was a good employer to work for. It took a while but i got to get along with them. the hardest part about the job was trying to get the handles even. I love my job i didn't complain at all.
I always felt at home at this company
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI20 November 2016
I enjoyed my time at Kohler, just about every person I met through this company were friendly and professional, the work is reasonable and the union presence always made me feel valued as a worker.
Beautiful setting of the facility and office area.
Manufacturing Engineer (Contract Employee) (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI30 October 2016
I was happy there., very nice people to work with.
They had a very nice kitchen and cafeteria area with excellent food at lunch time.
Pros
Beautiful campus.
Cons
Too far of a drive from home
Great work enviroment
Wood Cutter (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SC27 June 2016
Unload and cut 40,000 lbs of wood per week. Keep floor going management was changed to much. My co-workers were great. Hardest part of the job was the dust. Very family oriented always had company picnics and softball games.
Pros
Family Oriented
Cons
dusty