Kohler Co.

Kohler Co. Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and exciting place to work
Golf Service Associate (Former Employee), Kohler, WINovember 25, 2013
Pros: free golf and lunches
Cons: low pay
As part of a five diamond resort you spend most of your time assisting and helping guests trying to provide them with the best experience possible. The team here was great to work with and I enjoyed it.
Fun
Golf Course Maintenance (Former Employee), Kohler, WIOctober 30, 2013
Start your day by working independently for first jobs of the day which is nice to know they trust you and your judgement to get the job accomplished. Also, was a fun place to work although it was work and not all was easy, but was a great place to work.
Management was very approachable with either work or personal issues and did listen when talked – more... to. It did seem that management favored more workers than others which doing the same job every day wasn't too enjoyable, but it is work. Hardest part of the job was the weather conditions varying and the most enjoyable part was the satisfaction knowing we did our best and received compliments on the course from customers even when not at work! – less
Kohler is a large, diversified, privately held company that enables individuals the opportunity to grow
Supervisor - Receiving and Inspection Department (Former Employee), Kohler, WIOctober 21, 2013
Pros: long term job security
Cons: very long hours
The typical work day is ever changing and the ability to respond appropriately is critical. Management must be cognizant of this and be ready to move quickly. Co-workers are generally good employees who work together and are receptive to team concepts. The hardest part of the job was responding to the ever changing situation daily. Much of the day consisted – more... of employee realignment to meet the ever changing needs. The most enjoyable part of the job was opening new plants worldwide and being the primary trainer for the SAP Quality Module to the new users of those plants. – less
My colleagues taught me how to be a well-respected purchasing person.
Purchasing Analyst (Former Employee), Kohler, WIOctober 20, 2013
Purchasing - cost reductions, quality, people, computers and how to make cost-effective decisions with sound analysis.
They produce engines, bathroom and kitchen accesorries
Area Associate to Senior Secretary (Former Employee), Kohler, WIOctober 1, 2013
Pros: i advanced at my job continuously
Cons: i had no issues with kohler company
Provide administrative and clerical support for Manufacturing Support, Vitreous and Plastics.
Type, file, deliver mail, answer phones, make travel arrangements and perform other routine office procedures.
Proof, sort and check data, post and consolidate data, prepare reports, forms and schedules.
Organize, maintain and assume custodian responsibilities – more... for departmental files, records and documents.
Take meeting minutes and handle confidential information. – less
Chopper Operater (Former Employee), Brownwood, TXSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: benefits pkg
Cons: standing on ones feet for long hours.
hard work but enjoyed working with others. The hardest part of this job is standing on your feet for long periods of time.I enjoyed working for Kohler.
What I learned
Sr. Quality Project Analyst (Former Employee), Kohler, WISeptember 19, 2013
Pros: teamwork, continual coaching on all ends, able to see progress in projects, able to work and juggle and set schedule and work independent.
Cons: the economy affected this company quickly, and without the common communication that was evident prior to the announcement.
1. The 6 gate review and expectations for new product development. To include posing marketing, cost, engineering and drawing information and development of a specification of a product to upper management. To make this happen, evolved only by consistent and objective tasks with coordinated efforts of the team working together. Typical project load – more... varied from 6-10 and different stages of gate review.
2. Traveling monthly to Kohler manufacturing facility and reviewing total quality management levels to include scrap, rework, warranty, cost, and details for change added to the continuous improvement system to further develop shortfalls. – less
productive and fun place to work
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (through flex) (Current Employee), Kohler, WISeptember 13, 2013
I have gotten to know many people from all three shifts and different departments. I have learned many things on Kohlers computer system and from other employees. The hardest part of the job is keeping up and making sure that all of the orders are compkete and correct.
Worst Ever
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: very beautiful product
Cons: company culture, terrible pay structure, antiquated, unreliable database.
Very stressful, demanding job for little compensation.
Company does not value its people.
Upper management and HR lack transparency and integrity.
Kohler does very little to support Baker's or its sales peoples' success.
Wonderful Legacy Privately Held Wisconsin Company
Management Position (Current Employee), Kohler, WISeptember 12, 2013
With many divisions and a global reach, Kohler Company offers a challenging work environment and many opportunities for career growth and expansion.
not a good place if you have a family
Molding Machine Operator (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALAugust 26, 2013
work is fast paced plant is very hot in summer 12 hour shifts with forced overtime.
how accomplish a good day at work.
Factory Worker (Former Employee), Searcy, ARAugust 16, 2013
kohler is a good companyto work for they had me doing different things,and i like working with peoples that like getting the job done. learn how to repair a sink something i never did in my life.the hardest part pulling sink off the line but i can tell you i got my job done.the most enjoyable thing is i accomplish my goal at the end of the day.
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee), Kohler, WIAugust 14, 2013
I loved this job, and i believe Kohler Co. is one of the best employers in wisconsin, possibly the contry. It was unfortunate i had to be let go because of some uncontrolable absances, but if i weren't i believe i would have stayed for a long time, if not life.
Compensation does not match work put in
Assistant Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee), Kohler, WIAugust 6, 2013
Pros: break room, good healthcare
Cons: poor compensation
Kohler is a great company for career advancement and new opportunities. However, you do not get fairly compensated for the amount of work and stress you put up with.
Interesting, fast paced office environment
Customer Service Agent II (CSA) (Former Employee), Kohler, WIJuly 31, 2013
Pros: not working weekends and holidays
Cons: no comment
The position is never static. It is ever changing/evolving. I worked as a Hotline phone monitor, Order correspondent, Knowledge worker, Customer Service Agent II and Extranet Superuser. I created procedural documents and trained staff and customers. All considered part of my job. I traveled to various customer locations for training as well.
Even with – more... all of that I miss my co-workers much more than I miss my job. Many of them were there more than 20 years, and after 13 years they became a second family to me.
The hardest part of the job was keeping the ever changing management happy. It was always a personality competition; much more than office skills.
The most enjoyable part was the teamwork events. Meeting and working as a team to troubleshoot/problem solve, or create new procedures – less
Kohler was a good job they did everything according to the handbook.
Operator (Former Employee), Sheridan, ARJuly 9, 2013
I liked working for Kohler wouldn't mind going and work for them again.
Laid back very fun place to work at
Packware hauler (Former Employee), Brownwood, TXJuly 2, 2013
Pros: everything about kohler
Cons: too many lay off's
I liked working for the Kohler Co. I hated to leave, but due to the cut backs I was next in line to be laid off. If I had the chance to go back I would. The work enviorment was one of the best. No matter what department you went into you always heard laughter. That is a job worth having for the rest of your life.
Not a bad job for someone single with no kids
Anodize Operatior (Former Employee), Union City, TNJune 15, 2013
Pros: pay rate, insurance, morale
Cons: constantly changing work schedule, very hot in the summer
Back then I worked 3rd shift, it was the only way to get hired. Working in anodize was a physical job when racking/unracking the metal for shower doors. The catwalk was somewhat physical, more mental. We rotated managers, and I got along with all of them just fine. I learned how to think on my feet doing this job.
best job i ever had
Test Engineer (Former Employee), Sheboygan, WIJune 10, 2013
Pros: lots of autonomy to do whats right
Cons: old facilities, in cold climate
a little behind the times but that gives you lots of technical things to work on and improve, not too much big corp BS
Versatile work shifts
Operator of presses (Former Employee), Union City, TNMay 29, 2013
Fast-paced team work environment with job training available. Managers available for assistance. Hot temperatures with gator aid available. I learned to multi-task machinery.

About Kohler Co.

When profits go down the drain at Kohler, that's not necessarily a bad thing. The company makes bathroom and kitchen products – Read more