Kohler Co. Employee Reviews

Exciting but no reward
Financial Analyst / Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  GloucesterJanuary 14, 2016
A cost center that is run on a very tight budget.

Good people come and go as there is little to no career progression or mentoring for young ambitious graduates.

Fast passed environment that can be very stimulating.
Pros
Nice office
Cons
very tight with money
Productive place to work
Help Desk Analyst (Contracted employee) (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIJanuary 12, 2016
I was a contracted employee so I was only there for a short period of time. But from what I noticed it’s a clean environment, and the people there are really nice to work with overall great place.
Pros
Room to grow within the company
Great Employers
General Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIJanuary 8, 2016
Fantastic people to work for and children to work with. Time with them was enjoyable and children behave and are well-mannered.
Management was very black and white.
House Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIJanuary 7, 2016
Come in at 8am, clean 12 to 18 rooms a day. if other workers are not finished with their rooms you must help them before you can go home. Sometimes you will be there till 8pm. I learned how to keep up with the rooms I have so I am not the last person left to be helped. Management would give raises to the women but not the men. I started with a girl on the same day and she wouldn't show up to work from time to time, but she got two raises before I left. There wasn't any part of that job that was enjoyable, besides the benefits, but I was happy I started there other than an easy job.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Poor management, poor pay.
Good Place to Work
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIDecember 28, 2015
I loved each and every job I held at Kohler company. I thought I had found a place to work for the rest of my life. The great recession of 2008 took me out of a job there. I loved each and everyday I was allowed to work there, it was so sad to have to leave in those big layoffs.
Pros
Great Benifits
Will never go back
Various Hospitality and Housekeeping Duties (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WINovember 24, 2015
The only upside of the job was that no matter how long I was gone at school, they always let me come back and work weekends, holiday breaks and summer vacations.
Fun and Loving place to work
Machine Operator/Assembly Line (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSNovember 22, 2015
I love working for kohler engines they pay rate was great and they had very great benefits!! Kohler taught me a lot of things. At a young age working for a big company I learn how to socialized and comprehend well with different people with different personality I was taught its best when working in a big industrial company like Kohler Engines..
Still in the endentured servant mentality
Maintenance Tech II (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WINovember 22, 2015
Little concern for employees, poor training, dirty jobs,low pay for what they asked you to do.You can be easily thrown under the bus.Dont let the well manicured etxerior fool you.
Pros
a steady pay check
Cons
Poorly managed
Too much
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  SheridanOctober 7, 2015
Expect way too much of production for one shift, crazy hours not enough pay. Drama filled employees and climate is the same as outside temperature.
Cons
breaks too short
Productive and busy place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WISeptember 29, 2015
Kohler Company is a busy company with lots of room to grow. They have a very good training program for new employees, and a very good benefit package
Pros
Room for growth and great benefits
Truly a learning experience
Student Operator (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSSeptember 22, 2015
This is the kinda of job I wouldn't mind doing more of. I learned a lot about myself in the short time I was there. I am very much eager-ed to re-join this type of field.
productive and hard work, but still fun to make something with your own hands.
caster (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCSeptember 15, 2015
productive, and hard work. you do most of the work with hands. they use liquid clay to form comodes and sinks.pour that into a mode, and it forms whatever piece you are making .drain the exces off, and piece it together.the hard part where the heavy modes. I learned that table plates and comodes are made of clay.the fun part is to watch it all come together from the begining to end.the co workers made it a fun place somedays.
Pros
bonus weekly
Cons
healthcare
Fast Paced
Machine operator/Assembly (Current Employee) –  Kohler, WISeptember 15, 2015
I currently work at the Kohler Co., but in the factory. I like working here because it is fast paced and I am always moving. This was my first and only factory job I have had, and I have learned a lot from working here. I have gained the ability to work at a faster pace, have a stronger work ethic, cooperate with other co-workers, have better time management, and lastly learn to operate more than one machine. I also like the management because they are very understanding of hours and cooperate with employees if something comes up.
Cons
Being only a flex worker
Enjoyed my short time there
HR Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WISeptember 4, 2015
I was not at KPS very long, but I highly enjoyed working with everyone from all departments, it had a good culture, competitive pay, and was a great company to work for
A hard fast paced job that is physically and mentally challenging.
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIAugust 27, 2015
I looked forward to working with my 2nd shift coworkers, who have trained me well in all aspects of the job.
Beyond the regular laundry room duties that I came to enjoy; I also belonged to entire family of team members throughout the resort. We all consistently worked hard towards the goal of our 5-Star standard for all the guests.
Pros
Hospitality bucks earn you free stuff throughout the resort, great benefits package
Cons
A muggy hot enviroment, Maintenance cannot always fix the issues when they happen, Mangle needs upgrades that are not being addressed.
Exposed to various kinds of people
Valet (Current Employee) –  10 Claymore HillAugust 18, 2015
- Learnt more about the various types of vehicles
- Interacted with different customers which increases cultural knowledge and communication skills
Successful, global company
Associate Market Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kohler, WIAugust 16, 2015
Kohler Co. is a strategic company that focuses on growing market share in a variety of product categories around the globe. The environment is professional and positive, focusing on the professional growth and needs of it's collaborators.
Dead end job
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  BristolAugust 13, 2015
At work we would make frames for vanities. I would be told a size in inches to make and proceed to do so. I learned how to use drill bits and how to use staple guns. The management was horrible and very unorganized. My co workers seemed to be miserable at all times. The hardest part of the job was me trying to find more work to do to make time go faster.
Pros
Consistant hours.
Cons
Pay and managment.
Very good company with stable family ownership direction
Staff Engineer Advanced Development (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIAugust 11, 2015
Very large, Global company.
Strong history from family upbringing to present day family ownership, including stewardship responsibilities.
Excellent range of labor and salaried positions to enable anyone from a hands-on job to the CEO to grow.
Compensation and benefits are competitive, but mediocre.
Ability to travel to other plant sites domestic and oversees adds additional insight, growth, and satisfaction to work.
The cooler climate and long winters in the headquarters of Kohler, WI add to the robustness of the job, and it is a beautiful part of the country nestled beside Lake Michigan.
Pay is conpetitive with good benifits
Production Foreman (Current Employee) –  Brownwood, TXJuly 24, 2015
Work is enjoyable. The company has a good training program. Management is friendly and helpful. Co-workers help each other and have strong bonds of friendship. The hardest part of the job is the the plant is not climate controlled.