Kohler Co. Employee Reviews

Greenware finisher (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TX25 August 2017
Hard place to work, very fast paced, long hours, mandatory overtime, very stressful job, don't apply if you are a lazy person, very hard place to work if you're single parent
Put screws inside bolts n hoses.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MS24 August 2017
I came in at 630 ready to be on the line to start my day. I had to go where i was told to go n do my job. Put spark plugs in also screws bolts and hoses inside hose to rebuild lawn mowers.
Pros
30 min lunch brea
If you dont play along with the crew, you are toast
PVD Technician II (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, AR21 August 2017
I started working there as a temp. Bullied by the long timers, physically assaulted by one. They kept their job. I had to be their material handler from then on. Moved to another department. Blamed for a tool left in the die press. Moved to another department, employees disregarded policy. I was fired for harassment when I spoke up.
Pros
town of 4000, only job there
Cons
brutal cliques
Excellent
Manager - Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI19 August 2017
Growing your career at Kohler was a memorable experience. Kohler leaders are really great and focused on professional development. This company is successful.
Kohler engines Hattiesburg MS is a great place to work
Electrical Technician (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MS16 August 2017
Kohler engines in Hattiesburg MS is a good place to work. I've enjoyed my experience here and have enjoyed working with all the teammates here at Kohler engines in Hattiesburg Ms.
Kohler Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI16 August 2017
I loved my time at Kohler, met a lot of great people. Learned a lot during my summer internship. I love the rotational program that Kohler has, it really gives people the opportunity to like their job.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Have to live in Kohler
Mold and clay (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TX15 August 2017
Really fast paste kind of job if you're into that. Management was really bad. They take for ever to replace a person who has gotten fired or quit. You could be stuck working everyday 12 hrs a day.
Very fast paced. Great schedule.
Vitreous sprayer/ bowl machine operator (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SC14 August 2017
Was a great job! Would recommend it to anyone that likes to work hard and have hands on type of work. Great work environment and great people to work with.
Pros
Great hours and schedule.
Cons
Nothing.
Great experience learning.
Material support 1 (Current Employee) –  Sheridan, AR14 August 2017
They were patient enough to allow me to develop new skills at a very important position. Excellent company to work for. Nothing but positive things can be said about advancement potential, company benefits, and actions they show towards their employees that they appreciate them
Friendly
Turn Down Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI9 August 2017
Working for Kohler was a great decision. I liked being able to make guests happy with the little things. A downside was dealing with certain guests and employees.
Great People. Awesome Environment
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MS3 August 2017
I worked at Kohler as a Co-op Engineer. All of the employees were very helpful and friendly. It was common to hang out with coworkers after working hours. There was not a lot of overtime work unless there were deadlines or absolutely necessary. Overall, I highly recommend.
Nice place
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MS 394013 August 2017
It was a nice place to work. The culture was good. The job was not hard. Supervisor was nice and cared about his employees. Most of the employees were very nice, but you do have bad ones.
Pros
Nice friendly environment
Cons
The company does not run during the summer.
Work load goes up....pay stays the same
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Union City, TN1 August 2017
Over all weight of doors increased but pull methods and pay do not improve. Employee safety is stressed in offices, but that is as far as it goes. Warehouse is in disrepair, especially the dock plates, and they continue to refuse to fix. Steadily increasing pull rates for associates to unreasonable levels. This is the first company i have ever worked for that intentionally sets its associates up for failure.
ok
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MS1 August 2017
The pay is decent but the layoffs are a pain. If you are hired on with the company, you will have more job security. Sometimes they seem to care more about the engines than their employees.
Good job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CA28 July 2017
It's nice working here, but can get really hectic. Coworker can be very rude and just disrespectful. Managers are always on task and making sure things are getting done. Some coworkers take their time and make job harder for the rest of us. The job is fun when everyone is actually working together. Pay is good, managers are kind and hard workers.
Pros
Good pay, overall fun job
Cons
Coworkers procrastinate
Good people, traditional values
Process Improvement Manager - Demand Planning (Current Employee) –  Kohler, WI25 July 2017
Kohler is an old school manufacturing company with strong traditions and a steady hand approach to management. While that leads to good long term and strategic vision--it is at the expense of speed and leads to a culture which is often averse to change. The best part about working for Kohler is the people. Worst part is things take forever to get done at times
Nice place to work (HR is the reason I'm leaving)
Advanced Surfacing Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WI25 July 2017
I love working here and this is my second time on contract, but HR makes it impossible to convert. HR has widely been known to be the problem at Kohler Co, but as of yet... still takes 6-9 months to get hired. I can't wait that long and not be sure of the time invested waiting on an ACT to be approved.
Pros
The people are amazing to work wih
Cons
Human Resources
Pressure to perform.
Electronic Technician (Current Employee) –  Mosel, WI23 July 2017
If you are a go getter, this is the place to work. They give and encourage you to push yourself to achieve more in everything you do at work and then some. The pressure can be overwhelming; however. The management can be overbearing and confusing at times. They are working on it. But; I feel it can drive people who are not A-type personalities away.
Pros
Moving up the company.
Cons
Stress level high if you don't take care of your self.
Productive Workplace and Fun
Buyer/Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI18 July 2017
Kohler held offsites and would reward employees for a job well done. This is a great company to work for and paid well. Advancement was limited and Kohler is in a remote area. I would recommend this employer.
A place that is all about business
Platter Tech. (Former Employee) –  Sherdian,AR16 July 2017
Its a place that's about the job description not what the job can do for you. Honestly u can go far with this job if u choose to u just have to work with it and be consistent.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kohler Co.. Our community is ready to answer.