Kohler Co. Employee Reviews

Unprofessional
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSSeptember 23, 2016
Very unprofessional when it comes to their company rules and policies. Line Leaders are trading fornication for advancement, steel toe boots are supposed to be worn, Females are not supposed to wear tight revealing clothes, One of the Security Guards is crooked, the OSHA policy is very bad here and they pay off the inspector.
Pros
Pay is okay.
Cons
Unprofessional, full of drama.
The job wasnt hard
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXSeptember 17, 2016
I liked the position. It was a easy layout as far as the warehouse.The thing that made me leave was the manager in my dept. He was being disrespectful and speaking about black ppl in spanish. when I reported it they allowed him to retaliate on the employes.
Pros
easy warehouse work
Cons
disrespectful employees
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Union City, TNSeptember 15, 2016
very fast paced work. great place to work loved supervisors.met alot of new people there. i learned alot about how to use a saw to cut metal and some different types of shower doors that we made.
Engaging, positive workplace with a network of support for projects
Metallurgical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIAugust 31, 2016
Work begins very early in the Cast Iron Group, often around 4:30AM, and lasts until around 2PM.

There is a plethora of projects to undertake and many supporting engineers to help each other.

I would say the groups within the Cast Iron are more loosely defined, and each group is definitely invested in the success of each other's projects.

Cooperation and engineering around the human condition is the greatest challenge at the plant.
World class company - excellent place to work.
Accounting Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Kohler, WIAugust 31, 2016
Great place to work with many opportunities to grow. People are great to work with and supportive management, Kohler is a world class company and the work environment is world class also.
Strong leaders in Asia, cost saving driven
Sourcing Manager (Former Employee) –  上海市August 31, 2016
This is a very hard-working company, every year the business is going better in China market, it's really difficult to achieve. Cost saving driven is the principle of the company.
Pros
quarterly manager training
Cons
overwork all the time
Innovative
Senior Communications Phone Operator (Current Employee) –  Kohler, WIAugust 30, 2016
Kohler is a super place to work. Great work ethics and always planning toward betterment of our future environment. They offer ongoing education and training.
Energetic and intellectual learning environment.
CIT Service Desk (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIAugust 24, 2016
I loved my job at Kohler Co.. It was different everyday. Dealing with employees from all over the world, that spoke several different languages, was a exhilarating. Being able to help people was rewarding.
Pros
Flexable, Inviting, Teaching environment
Work Anywhere But Here
Production Employee (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXAugust 22, 2016
This is the "Good 'Ol Boy" system. If you don't fit in, or don't go along with their egotistical ways of doing things, like sleeping on duty every night, or their "promote the worst possible applicant to be your boss because he has a deer lease", then you're going to hate every day you manage to keep your job. Let somebody get under your hard-working skin, some lazy smart-mouth, and you'll find yourself out on the street. Save yourself the trouble, just work somewhere else. They don't care about you, your family, nothing but themselves. Privately owned company so they can act that way.
Pros
Some cool co-workers
Cons
Everything else
Very busy place
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, ARAugust 7, 2016
We work hard everyday no matter what the weather is outside. On weekends we get over time pay. During summer we take different trips,we have picnics,and work parties
Pros
3 breajs
Cons
Short luncg break and barely any freedom
Internship
Shift management of front desk staff (Current Employee) –  Kohler, WIAugust 7, 2016
They were very flexible with my schedule. During my time their I learned alot about the car business and social media marketing.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Worked for free
Mediocre
Supply Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kohler, WIJuly 30, 2016
Direct management/recruitment and development of Buyer level associates
Added 5 suppliers in key raw materials (Zinc, Brass, Plastic, Electronics)
Development of current suppliers to be effective partners in a New Product Development setting
Savings of over $500,000 through proper leverage and negotiation on a single project
Creation and refinement of a Commodity Development Incremental Sourcing process
Actively drove a new culture of expediency and importance of “Time to Market”
Independently developed and Managed Suppliers remotely and on site in: Europe, Asia, and Domestically
Performed competitive analysis on industry competitors to expand on the current supply base gain market understanding
Worked in Parallel with supplier quality to determine leading and lagging indicators of quality metrics
Management of multi- million dollar categories (i.e. Kitchen Faucets)
great team work!
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Sheridan, ARJuly 18, 2016
It's been such a blessing to just have a job.Great team work and dedication with the people who works for this company. I love working there.
Pros
great management!
Cons
getting people that's going to work an stick with it.
Very Productive In A very Fast Pace Enviroment
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Union, TNJuly 18, 2016
I Learned A Great Deal About A lot Of Different Products,Bathroom Fixtures Are A Very Important Product In Everyday Usage.
Pros
Great Break Times In Between Work.
Cons
You Get Way To Dirty On Some Of The Jobs.
Constant work with opportunities for overtime
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAJuly 18, 2016
It was a good place to work. Hours were always available and overtime was frequent. I came on as a temp, but there are chances for hiring.
A lot of hours
Material Handler-Robot Enameler (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIJuly 15, 2016
Good money if you like working a lot with no life what so ever. Very hard work, union sucks and good for nothing. Advancement opportunities are plenty. Underpaid and over worked for the job you are required to do. Not as good a company as I was told.
Pros
Voluntary overtime
Cons
Too much mandatory overtime, under paid, over worked.
Very fast paced
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIJuly 15, 2016
I would get to work, set up the line and finish what the night person didnt do. I learned how to use a meat slicer and to correctly hold a chef knife and chop quickly. My co-workers for the most part were all nice and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was the lunch rush. Impossible to keep up with all the orders and special orders coming in. Most enjoyable were the people.
Pros
Loved what I was doing
Cons
Lack of structure, no set breaks
Exciting job, great team however lack of support and very stressful
Former emoloyee (Former Employee) –  Old Course HotelJuly 14, 2016
Great company to work for and every day was an exciting day and never the same however there is no career progression as no opportunities are presented to progress further.

Lack of support of the team which leads to over loaded work load, stressful days, and limited resources within the team.

Full training isn't prioritised due to the demand of business needs which leads to staff not fully understanding their requirements and responsibilities.

High staff turn over.
Pros
Great opportunity as Old Course Horel is known globally
Cons
Long hours & lack of support.
Great work enviroment
Wood Cutter (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJune 27, 2016
Unload and cut 40,000 lbs of wood per week. Keep floor going management was changed to much. My co-workers were great. Hardest part of the job was the dust. Very family oriented always had company picnics and softball games.
Pros
Family Oriented
Cons
dusty
Incompetent
Spa Therapist (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIJune 15, 2016
After 20 years in the spa industry by the far the worst environment I've ever experienced. Management is incompetent, only in place because they started out as kids and stayed. Backbiting encouraged and led by leads. No room for advancement at all. No life work balance and expected to work for minimum wage if you make anything at all. 5 stars are bought
Pros
Pretty spa