Kohler Co. Employee Reviews

The Bold Acts of Kohler
Spray Machine Operator, Rework, General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TX19 February 2018
Absolute, blatant disregard for civil rights and fair workplace laws. Hours are long and hot (125-165 F in many places). Plenty of overtime. Cut-throat coworkers. Even worse management.
Great
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SC15 February 2018
It was a great place to work at. Very hot in the summer time. Mainly for men. The job was very constant and fast paced. Management was horrible and they only care about their product not the employee
Pros
Pay
Cons
Heat
Kohler
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI15 February 2018
Kohler is very guest oriented, you are frequently told you are on stage so be on at your best at all times so the quests want to come back and visit often.
The best at Kohler
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kohler, WI12 February 2018
Working at building 83 with team oriented group. I learned to handle many responsibilities successfully.
Every day was a success in some way. The main plant is full of wonderful leaders.

There are areas that I did not appreciate.
the only thing I enjoyed there
Housekeeper 2 (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI11 February 2018
The only thing that I enjoyed was the friends that I made working there while I am in school for being a medical assistant. And that they worked with me with my school schedule.
Great working enviroment with great people.
Material Handler; Reworked; Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kohler, WI9 February 2018
There are really no typical days at Kohler, everyday there is always something new to encounter. I've learned so much from adding and losing stock, to managing a team. Its a very fast pace place to work with never a dull moment. The management is like any other, where they try to help out when they can. However they are usually really busy and its hard to get ahold of sometimes. Hardest part of the job is trying to make sure you are pleasing the right people and getting the stuff done that needs to get done. Even with it being stressful at times you hardly think about it because of the great co-workers you have here.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
A lot of hours
Great benefits
SALES ASSOCIATE FOR YOGA ON THE LAKE (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI7 February 2018
Kohler provided employees with wonderful benefits. Kohler has a strong drive and motivates employee's to give and be their best day in and day out. Kohler is very innovative and open minded to moving forward with the change within society. Great customer service, constantly providing customers with quality service throughout it's company
Intimidation
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MS4 February 2018
Workplace use to be great and not stressful at all. We built a quality engine right the first time. Now management thrives on intimidating the workforce from write ups to termination. Not a pleasant place to work when you are constantly thinking about being fired.
Pros
Climate control atmosphere
Cons
Management has little respect for employees
Good workplace
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Kohler, WI3 February 2018
Very competitive and stressful but good pay. This is a place that has great opportunities for training and advancement. Job security is not quite as strong.
Was okay
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MS31 January 2018
Was not a bad company really. they were somewhat decent to me. My boss was very cool and lenient. Everyone seems to get along with everyone else. The work environment was average.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MS31 January 2018
It was a job I could have depend on at the time. It's a type of job that means well. Met production goals and objectives to maintain schedule and operating efficiencies.
It's more who you know
Systems Project Leader (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI30 January 2018
Career advancement seemed heavily biased towards those who networked well and self-promoted than those with actual talent and accomplishment. Lots of people covering their back sides instead of putting the work first. Location is out of the way of major metropolitan center which may be OK for some and not so much for others.
Pros
Steady employer, decent pay for the location
Cons
Location, some dead wood left on the payroll too long.
Temporary job through Manpower
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MS29 January 2018
Production plant! Early mornings, hours of standing, weather varies, strong oil smell, great breaks, pay is way better than expected, great teamwork!
Loved working here!
Service Coordinator, food and beverage manager (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI28 January 2018
I worked at Kohler for over a decade. I love the company. There is a difference in the company how people are paid and valued in different divisions. I did almost everything I could. I want to continue to grow and be challenged.

The pro to this job was how much I grew as a person. I learned s lot about whisky, wine, fine dinning, management, customer service.

The con is at some point a business should support its employees to grow. You have to be able to work with a manager that you see a future and growth.

For my knowledge and talent I wasn’t valued or appreciated. There was no clear effort of being invested in. There has to be growth and appreciation in people. People matter in every division of a company.
Great company
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MS27 January 2018
Regular 8 hour work day, relaxed but also competitive and fast paced. Management style effective. Deadline based and customer interaction based. Must get used to finding people to help out with needs.
Pros
enjoyable work environment
Cons
dependency makes for slower work
Solid company and good benefits
PRODUCT MANAGER - RESIDENTIAL / LIGHT COMMERCIAL (Current Employee) –  Kohler, WI25 January 2018
Culture at Kohler varies between the divisions. Some areas are positive and progressive while others are old boys clubs. Company is conservative, but there is plenty of room for advancement.
Slow During My Time
Application Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI23 January 2018
I enjoyed my time at Kohler, but had very little work. Had a lot of downtime, which made for long days of sitting at the computer trying to keep myself busy. You can only walk around so many times asking if someone needs help before it becomes repetitive and obnoxious. I enjoyed my time their, especially when I actually had work to do, but wish I wouldn't have had so much downtime.
Pros
People are nice, had fun traveling, relaxed work environment
Cons
too much downtime
Cultura
Gerente de Recursos Humanos (Current Employee) –  Monterrey, N. L.23 January 2018
Empresa que aunque sigue siendo familiar, tiene un crecimiento acelerado, ya es global y con un enfoque a la innovación y mejora sin perder de vista el trato, la dignidad, el respeto, honestidad y la calidad humana
Pros
Innovación, Calidad Humana
Cons
Políticas rígidas, no se ha adaptado en algunos países a los millenials
good
Osborn specialist (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI22 January 2018
kohler is a good company that will advance you as much as you earn to. the professional teams will take very good care of you if you're on their team, but not the laborers. it was an excellent place to work.
Les salariés
Stage esthéticienne (Former Employee) –  Veigy-Foncenex (74)21 January 2018
Les salariés sont très gentils et sont très soigné dans leurs travaillent, ils aiment ce qu’ils font et le partage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kohler Co.. Our community is ready to answer.