Kohler Co.

Kohler Co. Employee Reviews

as an intern, things could have been worse
Procurement Intern (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI19 January 2017
Living in sheboygan is equivalent to living in Purgatory. if the idea of living in a dead town does not put you off, you will enjoy working at Kohler, after all your soul is already gone
Pros
people will respect your knowledge of toilets
Cons
you have a knowledge of toilets
Great co-workers
Banquet Set-up (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI13 January 2017
The people I worked with have become life-long friends and that's about it. They pay is terrible, upper management treats you like garbage and they expect you to not have a life other than Kohler.
Good job
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL11 January 2017
Your day start at 7am to 7pm. Also you work on a press to form tubes for sale. Very good managment and the co-workers were very nice to work with. Hardest part was packing the tubes.
Pros
hard on back and joints.
Cons
good money
Wonderful Company with Many Opportunities for Advancement
Supply Chain Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI11 January 2017
Kohler is an excellent company to work for as an Intern/Co-op. I was working in multiple different areas, met many wonderful people, and built a resume with outstanding skills to mention.
Horrible
General Laborer, FORKLIFT operator,parttime (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SC10 January 2017
Horrible place to work not good environment nasty people. No security. People are rude. Break times are short. Places doeant pay alot.
Good Experience
Turndown Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WI5 January 2017
Working for Kohler company was an alright experience. I was still in high school while I worked for them and I found that they were not very understanding in regards to my busy schedule.
Laid-back but productive environment
Engineering Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MS5 January 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Kohler Engines in Hattiesburg. My co-workers were all friendly and helpful- a big contrast to the cutthroat environment in other engineering firms. None of the higher-ups try to be intimidating and were generally happy to answer any questions you had. The job was fast paced at times but relaxed at others, though never too overwhelming.
Pros
Lax schedule
Cons
Lots of meetings
Its a good place to work.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI29 December 2016
Go to the rooms that you are assign to. But the first thing you do is stock your cleaning cart so that you don"t have to keep going to the closet for stuff. I learn alot. I had alot of fun there. The hardest thing about this job is you never can get in there room when you wanted to .They never check out sometimes until the afternoon. If I need help someone would come.
Pros
Get to meet and talk with the quest. See if there is anything they need.
Cons
Good insurance, good people to work for.
Thanks for that
Manager (Current Employee) –  Kohler, WI27 December 2016
If you dont have a degree forget about going anywhere with Kohler. You could have more experience than everyone there, it won't matter. Good news though, other companies recognize the value of talent and experience.
Productive and Innovative
Mechanical Project Engineer (Staff Engineering) (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI21 December 2016
Great place to work. Rigid core hours, but this helps in maintaining much needed work-life balance. Innovative engineers and more than willing to impart knowledge and collaborate.
Great group of workers on the floor.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Union City, TN19 December 2016
Great group of hard workers, work hours always change due to customers demand, with little to no room to advance with in the company.But overall not to bad.
Pros
healthcare, 401k plans, pay.
Cons
temperature, low room to advance, seniority doesnt affect pay
The work place was good. The people treat u with the up most respect.
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Sheridan Ark17 December 2016
I would recommend others to go work for Kohler.. Good paying job, safe work place good benefits for you and your family. The hours or good you have days off thought the week to get done what you need to do. You can work all the overtime you want.
Pros
Have to bring own lunch. But ay time when production has a rise they keep the plant
Cons
Breaks or Good, Nice break room to relax, Tv's to watch, A nice none smoking area to set out to get a little air..
productive
Technical Support Executive (Current Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil Nadu13 December 2016
a typical day at work and cross bear in your job. off role does not have improve your future growth in off role that is why i stand behind
Pros
no lunch n office
Cons
long time
challenging environment
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI12 December 2016
I enjoyed the work, but it was with a union shop that was difficult to work with. I also took this job right out of college and wanted to get back to the Madison area, so I left for that reason, nothing to do with Kohler as a company.
hard work
Cast Iron Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI12 December 2016
Very physically demanding work, but great people to work with. Management didn't care about the employees only about the bottom dollar. Anything to make a buck.
Do Yourself a Favor and Look Elsewhere
Employee (Current Employee) –  Wisconsin2 December 2016
I've been working for Kohler for over six years. Their turn-over rate is unbelievable. They do not treat their employees well, they are sneaky and it's a mess in every department because of the constant managerial and staff changes.The arrogance of the company is shocking in comparison to how their employees actually feel. I only recommend working for them if it is an absolute last resort.
Pros
Many departments to work in
Cons
They will do everything they can to keep as much pay and benefits from employees as possible
Great Atmosphere, hard working
Sales Manager - Engineered Solutions (Current Employee) –  Mosel, WI26 November 2016
Hard working privately held corporation.

Committed to developing their folks, and conscious of their community and the environment.

It's a large manufacturer, but pay is lower than average, however cost of living is also lower than average.
Pros
Community, hard working team members
Cons
Small city, competitive manufacturing environment
Awful Managment (Bullies)
Network Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sheridan Arkansas22 November 2016
The management at the Arkansas facility bully their employees until the employee finally quits. Awful Accounting Manager.
I always felt at home at this company
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI20 November 2016
I enjoyed my time at Kohler, just about every person I met through this company were friendly and professional, the work is reasonable and the union presence always made me feel valued as a worker.
One day in Kohler
Module Operator/Material handler (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SC15 November 2016
I would start my day off stretching with the group of employees. After exercises we would work half our 12 hour shift we would take a 30 minute break. I would work through my break sometimes. When the breaks were finished we would work the other half of work.
Pros
good pay
Cons
hard and tough group of people to work for