Kohler Co. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Management was very black and white.
House Attendant (Former Employee), Kohler, WIJanuary 7, 2016
Pros: Great benefits.
Cons: Poor management, poor pay.
Come in at 8am, clean 12 to 18 rooms a day. if other workers are not finished with their rooms you must help them before you can go home. Sometimes you will be there till 8pm. I learned how to keep up with the rooms I have so I am not the last person left to be helped. Management would give raises to the women but not the men. I started with a girl on the same day and she wouldn't show up to work from time to time, but she got two raises before I left. There wasn't any part of that job that was enjoyable, besides the benefits, but I was happy I started there other than an easy job.
Fantastic Company
Media Supervisor & Interim Outside Salesman (Former Employee), Kohler, WIFebruary 12, 2016
Pros: Great Pay, Great benefits
Cons: Management changes
Other than job security, it is a great place to work. Management changes it seems like daily. Other than that the overall feel of Kohler is amazing. Pay is pretty great too
Very good company with stable family ownership direction
Staff Engineer Advanced Development (Former Employee), Kohler, WIAugust 11, 2015
Very large, Global company.
Strong history from family upbringing to present day family ownership, including stewardship responsibilities.
Excellent range of labor and salaried positions to enable anyone from a hands-on job to the CEO to grow.
Compensation and benefits are competitive, but mediocre.
Ability to travel to other plant sites domestic and oversees adds additional insight, growth, and satisfaction to work.
The cooler climate and long winters in the headquarters of Kohler, WI add to the robustness of the job, and it is a beautiful part of the country nestled beside Lake Michigan.
Good place to work, great insurance
operator 3 (Current Employee), WisconsinApril 4, 2016
Nice company to work for, great benefits, good products. hardest part of the job would be making changes, very big company with many layers of management. Best part is very good health insurance and hours were good for me.
Innovative, Team focussed, results driven, consumer focussed
Engineering Manager (Current Employee), Kohler, WIJune 29, 2015
Pros: Job security, Talent friendly
Cons: Strong culture, low resilience to failure/change
highly engaged, results focussed, intense team collaboration driven culture.

Management is dynamic will a strong will to adapt to market trends, outsmart competition and a vested interest in talent development.

Hardest part of the job is balancing all functional needs abd delivering a gracious experience for customers.

Most enjoyable part is the ability to deliver products/solutions that make consumers smile.
Feels like a family with a competitive nature.
NPD Project Team Leader - Sanitary (Current Employee), Kohler, WIJanuary 28, 2016
Kohler Company provided the right work/life balance and recognizes its associates for their accomplishments inside and outside of the company.
dull and dreary
Associate (Former Employee), Brownwood, TXMarch 15, 2016
At Kohler the job gets very repetitive and old very quick there is no real enthusiasm in their work environment. their management is very strict and demanding and worries to much about a end goal and not enough about their employees.
Very good
Customer Service Agent I (Current Employee), Kohler, WIMarch 18, 2016
Great great great company. They treat their employees as well as they treat their customers, the benefits are phenomenal. Coworkers are kind and very helpful!
Productive place to work
Help Desk Analyst (Contracted employee) (Former Employee), Kohler, WIJanuary 12, 2016
Pros: Room to grow within the company
Cons: Long hours
I was a contracted employee so I was only there for a short period of time. But from what I noticed it’s a clean environment, and the people there are really nice to work with overall great place.
Exciting but no reward
Financial Analyst / Credit Controller (Former Employee), GloucesterJanuary 14, 2016
Pros: Nice office
Cons: very tight with money
A cost center that is run on a very tight budget.

Good people come and go as there is little to no career progression or mentoring for young ambitious graduates.

Fast passed environment that can be very stimulating.
Fun and Loving place to work
Machine Operator/Assembly Line (Former Employee), Hattiesburg, MSNovember 22, 2015
I love working for kohler engines they pay rate was great and they had very great benefits!! Kohler taught me a lot of things. At a young age working for a big company I learn how to socialized and comprehend well with different people with different personality I was taught its best when working in a big industrial company like Kohler Engines..
Good Place to Work
Assembler/Production (Former Employee), Kohler, WIDecember 28, 2015
Pros: Great Benifits
I loved each and every job I held at Kohler company. I thought I had found a place to work for the rest of my life. The great recession of 2008 took me out of a job there. I loved each and everyday I was allowed to work there, it was so sad to have to leave in those big layoffs.
Productive and busy place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Sheboygan, WISeptember 29, 2015
Pros: Room for growth and great benefits
Kohler Company is a busy company with lots of room to grow. They have a very good training program for new employees, and a very good benefit package
Fast Paced
Machine operator/Assembly (Current Employee), Kohler, WISeptember 15, 2015
Cons: Being only a flex worker
I currently work at the Kohler Co., but in the factory. I like working here because it is fast paced and I am always moving. This was my first and only factory job I have had, and I have learned a lot from working here. I have gained the ability to work at a faster pace, have a stronger work ethic, cooperate with other co-workers, have better time management, and lastly learn to operate more than one machine. I also like the management because they are very understanding of hours and cooperate with employees if something comes up.
A hard fast paced job that is physically and mentally challenging.
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee), Kohler, WIAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Hospitality bucks earn you free stuff throughout the resort, great benefits package
Cons: A muggy hot enviroment, Maintenance cannot always fix the issues when they happen, Mangle needs upgrades that are not being addressed.
I looked forward to working with my 2nd shift coworkers, who have trained me well in all aspects of the job.
Beyond the regular laundry room duties that I came to enjoy; I also belonged to entire family of team members throughout the resort. We all consistently worked hard towards the goal of our 5-Star standard for all the guests.
Kohler is a very good company to work for
Operator (Former Employee), Sheridan, ARMay 13, 2016
i would go in and get my orders and look at the skid and find out how many i would need to completer the order. I learned how to make faucets, and how to how other things are made. The management was a good employer to work for. It took a while but i got to get along with them. the hardest part about the job was trying to get the handles even. I love my job i didn't complain at all.
Growth Opportunity
Process Improvement Specialist (Former Employee), Kohler, WIFebruary 26, 2016
Kohler Company is a large family driven company that gives you all that you can handle as a professional and challenges your ability to think and work outside the box.
Uses people as disposable commodities
General laborer (Former Employee), Kohler, WIJune 11, 2015
Only bring in temporary employees through their internal temporary hiring service. Required to work 58+ hours per week with no benefits, forced union dues with no benefits, rotated off of job every 9 months to keep employees as temporaries and to keep from having to hire full time for job openings. Issues with management are not addressed by company.
harassing environment
operstor attendant (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 5, 2016
Pros: none
Cons: anything you guess it
As operator attendant i seen as where supervisors pursue you on purpose with lies about your work effort just to only get back at one another racially. This place is very rascist and that why they only hires blacks to keep up a rascist vendetta with the blsck supervisors.
Very secure company to continue growing with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kohler, WIMarch 6, 2016
Pros: Good strong company
Cons: I was laid off during their recent strike
I am not a fan of working in call centers but at Kohler it's more customer involved giving a rewarding feeling. I would hoghly recommend this company.
Headquarters