Kohler Co. Employee Reviews

great team work!
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Sheridan, ARJuly 18, 2016
It's been such a blessing to just have a job.Great team work and dedication with the people who works for this company. I love working there.
Pros
great management!
Cons
getting people that's going to work an stick with it.
Very Productive In A very Fast Pace Enviroment
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Union, TNJuly 18, 2016
I Learned A Great Deal About A lot Of Different Products,Bathroom Fixtures Are A Very Important Product In Everyday Usage.
Pros
Great Break Times In Between Work.
Cons
You Get Way To Dirty On Some Of The Jobs.
A lot of hours
Material Handler-Robot Enameler (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIJuly 15, 2016
Good money if you like working a lot with no life what so ever. Very hard work, union sucks and good for nothing. Advancement opportunities are plenty. Underpaid and over worked for the job you are required to do. Not as good a company as I was told.
Pros
Voluntary overtime
Cons
Too much mandatory overtime, under paid, over worked.
Very fast paced
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIJuly 15, 2016
I would get to work, set up the line and finish what the night person didnt do. I learned how to use a meat slicer and to correctly hold a chef knife and chop quickly. My co-workers for the most part were all nice and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was the lunch rush. Impossible to keep up with all the orders and special orders coming in. Most enjoyable were the people.
Pros
Loved what I was doing
Cons
Lack of structure, no set breaks
Exciting job, great team however lack of support and very stressful
Former emoloyee (Former Employee) –  Old Course HotelJuly 14, 2016
Great company to work for and every day was an exciting day and never the same however there is no career progression as no opportunities are presented to progress further.

Lack of support of the team which leads to over loaded work load, stressful days, and limited resources within the team.

Full training isn't prioritised due to the demand of business needs which leads to staff not fully understanding their requirements and responsibilities.

High staff turn over.
Pros
Great opportunity as Old Course Horel is known globally
Cons
Long hours & lack of support.
Great work enviroment
Wood Cutter (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJune 27, 2016
Unload and cut 40,000 lbs of wood per week. Keep floor going management was changed to much. My co-workers were great. Hardest part of the job was the dust. Very family oriented always had company picnics and softball games.
Pros
Family Oriented
Cons
dusty
Incompetent
Spa Therapist (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIJune 15, 2016
After 20 years in the spa industry by the far the worst environment I've ever experienced. Management is incompetent, only in place because they started out as kids and stayed. Backbiting encouraged and led by leads. No room for advancement at all. No life work balance and expected to work for minimum wage if you make anything at all. 5 stars are bought
Pros
Pretty spa
Awesome job!
Landscape Technician II (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIJune 7, 2016
Working at a resort town such as Kohler was very intense. Obviously the summer golf season was the most demanding, however, it was a fun and exciting place to work.
fast pace work environment with hot temperatures.
Foundry worker (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIJune 6, 2016
I would start at 9:54. I would look at the board to see what job I'm assigned. I would either pour iron or drive the forklift, hauling iron. I got along with my management and co-workers. The hardest part of my job was that its intimidating. Once you got past that, the job was smooth sailing. What i liked about the job, was that it was fast paced so it usually flew by quick.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
hot
constant work
Assembly Operator (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJune 1, 2016
Kohler has a friendly environment. While working at Kohler Engines you are constantly busy unless the line stop, which is basically the hardest part of the shift.
Inconsistent Hours
Labor Pool (Former Employee) –  Union City, TNMay 26, 2016
I worked through Staff Management, which is a temp agency located in the factory, and the hours were inconsistent. I had to be there by 6 am and if there wasnt enough work to go around, they would send us home and wasted our gas and time. The hours we did work we only were paid $9.25 an hour. Complete waste of time.
Pros
Set break times
Cons
Inconsistent hours and pay
Kohler is a very good company to work for
Operator (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, ARMay 13, 2016
i would go in and get my orders and look at the skid and find out how many i would need to completer the order. I learned how to make faucets, and how to how other things are made. The management was a good employer to work for. It took a while but i got to get along with them. the hardest part about the job was trying to get the handles even. I love my job i didn't complain at all.
Fast paced work that makes time go by and u get a work out while doing it.
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIMay 10, 2016
I used to be a CNC machinist out at jsm out in bottonville WI I really liked it and got along with everyone well that's all I e done on my whole life is work with steel before jsm it was charter steel out of Saukville for 1in a half years n we made the big coils there I applied with ur company before it didn't get Job I'm a hard worker do t fool around at work and take pride in my work cause I know someone will eventually notice how hard I work of u have any questions please email me.
harassing environment
operstor attendant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 5, 2016
As operator attendant i seen as where supervisors pursue you on purpose with lies about your work effort just to only get back at one another racially. This place is very rascist and that why they only hires blacks to keep up a rascist vendetta with the blsck supervisors.
Pros
Cons
anything you guess it
good place to work
order picker (Current Employee) –  sanberdinoApril 12, 2016
cool management people alot of hours good pay the people i worked with were friendly if asked i would work there again.it is definitely the place to work if you want alot of over time.they let you pick what shift you want to work that was really cool
Good place to work, great insurance
operator 3 (Current Employee) –  WisconsinApril 4, 2016
Nice company to work for, great benefits, good products. hardest part of the job would be making changes, very big company with many layers of management. Best part is very good health insurance and hours were good for me.
Very good
Customer Service Agent I (Current Employee) –  Kohler, WIMarch 18, 2016
Great great great company. They treat their employees as well as they treat their customers, the benefits are phenomenal. Coworkers are kind and very helpful!
dull and dreary
Associate (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXMarch 15, 2016
At Kohler the job gets very repetitive and old very quick there is no real enthusiasm in their work environment. their management is very strict and demanding and worries to much about a end goal and not enough about their employees.
Very secure company to continue growing with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIMarch 6, 2016
I am not a fan of working in call centers but at Kohler it's more customer involved giving a rewarding feeling. I would hoghly recommend this company.
Pros
Good strong company
Cons
I was laid off during their recent strike
great people
mold maker (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXMarch 1, 2016
i enjoyed working with everyone, hard working and friendly people, who like there jobs and enjoy what they do, which was a fun experience to work with them.