Kohler Co. Employee Reviews

Management was very black and white.
House Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIJanuary 7, 2016
Come in at 8am, clean 12 to 18 rooms a day. if other workers are not finished with their rooms you must help them before you can go home. Sometimes you will be there till 8pm. I learned how to keep up with the rooms I have so I am not the last person left to be helped. Management would give raises to the women but not the men. I started with a girl on the same day and she wouldn't show up to work from time to time, but she got two raises before I left. There wasn't any part of that job that was enjoyable, besides the benefits, but I was happy I started there other than an easy job.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Poor management, poor pay.
Fantastic Company
Media Supervisor & Interim Outside Salesman (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIFebruary 12, 2016
Other than job security, it is a great place to work. Management changes it seems like daily. Other than that the overall feel of Kohler is amazing. Pay is pretty great too
Pros
Great Pay, Great benefits
Cons
Management changes
Good place to work, great insurance
operator 3 (Current Employee) –  WisconsinApril 4, 2016
Nice company to work for, great benefits, good products. hardest part of the job would be making changes, very big company with many layers of management. Best part is very good health insurance and hours were good for me.
Very good company with stable family ownership direction
Staff Engineer Advanced Development (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIAugust 11, 2015
Very large, Global company.
Strong history from family upbringing to present day family ownership, including stewardship responsibilities.
Excellent range of labor and salaried positions to enable anyone from a hands-on job to the CEO to grow.
Compensation and benefits are competitive, but mediocre.
Ability to travel to other plant sites domestic and oversees adds additional insight, growth, and satisfaction to work.
The cooler climate and long winters in the headquarters of Kohler, WI add to the robustness of the job, and it is a beautiful part of the country nestled beside Lake Michigan.
Mediocre
Supply Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kohler, WIJuly 30, 2016
Direct management/recruitment and development of Buyer level associates
Added 5 suppliers in key raw materials (Zinc, Brass, Plastic, Electronics)
Development of current suppliers to be effective partners in a New Product Development setting
Savings of over $500,000 through proper leverage and negotiation on a single project
Creation and refinement of a Commodity Development Incremental Sourcing process
Actively drove a new culture of expediency and importance of “Time to Market”
Independently developed and Managed Suppliers remotely and on site in: Europe, Asia, and Domestically
Performed competitive analysis on industry competitors to expand on the current supply base gain market understanding
Worked in Parallel with supplier quality to determine leading and lagging indicators of quality metrics
Management of multi- million dollar categories (i.e. Kitchen Faucets)
Work Anywhere But Here
Production Employee (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXAugust 22, 2016
This is the "Good 'Ol Boy" system. If you don't fit in, or don't go along with their egotistical ways of doing things, like sleeping on duty every night, or their "promote the worst possible applicant to be your boss because he has a deer lease", then you're going to hate every day you manage to keep your job. Let somebody get under your hard-working skin, some lazy smart-mouth, and you'll find yourself out on the street. Save yourself the trouble, just work somewhere else. They don't care about you, your family, nothing but themselves. Privately owned company so they can act that way.
Pros
Some cool co-workers
Cons
Everything else
Exciting job, great team however lack of support and very stressful
Former emoloyee (Former Employee) –  Old Course HotelJuly 14, 2016
Great company to work for and every day was an exciting day and never the same however there is no career progression as no opportunities are presented to progress further.

Lack of support of the team which leads to over loaded work load, stressful days, and limited resources within the team.

Full training isn't prioritised due to the demand of business needs which leads to staff not fully understanding their requirements and responsibilities.

High staff turn over.
Pros
Great opportunity as Old Course Horel is known globally
Cons
Long hours & lack of support.
Innovative, Team focussed, results driven, consumer focussed
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Kohler, WIJune 29, 2015
highly engaged, results focussed, intense team collaboration driven culture.

Management is dynamic will a strong will to adapt to market trends, outsmart competition and a vested interest in talent development.

Hardest part of the job is balancing all functional needs abd delivering a gracious experience for customers.

Most enjoyable part is the ability to deliver products/solutions that make consumers smile.
Pros
Job security, Talent friendly
Cons
Strong culture, low resilience to failure/change
Fast paced work that makes time go by and u get a work out while doing it.
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIMay 10, 2016
I used to be a CNC machinist out at jsm out in bottonville WI I really liked it and got along with everyone well that's all I e done on my whole life is work with steel before jsm it was charter steel out of Saukville for 1in a half years n we made the big coils there I applied with ur company before it didn't get Job I'm a hard worker do t fool around at work and take pride in my work cause I know someone will eventually notice how hard I work of u have any questions please email me.
Very fast paced
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIJuly 15, 2016
I would get to work, set up the line and finish what the night person didnt do. I learned how to use a meat slicer and to correctly hold a chef knife and chop quickly. My co-workers for the most part were all nice and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was the lunch rush. Impossible to keep up with all the orders and special orders coming in. Most enjoyable were the people.
Pros
Loved what I was doing
Cons
Lack of structure, no set breaks
dull and dreary
Associate (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXMarch 15, 2016
At Kohler the job gets very repetitive and old very quick there is no real enthusiasm in their work environment. their management is very strict and demanding and worries to much about a end goal and not enough about their employees.
Very good
Customer Service Agent I (Current Employee) –  Kohler, WIMarch 18, 2016
Great great great company. They treat their employees as well as they treat their customers, the benefits are phenomenal. Coworkers are kind and very helpful!
fast pace work environment with hot temperatures.
Foundry worker (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIJune 6, 2016
I would start at 9:54. I would look at the board to see what job I'm assigned. I would either pour iron or drive the forklift, hauling iron. I got along with my management and co-workers. The hardest part of my job was that its intimidating. Once you got past that, the job was smooth sailing. What i liked about the job, was that it was fast paced so it usually flew by quick.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
hot
Incompetent
Spa Therapist (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIJune 15, 2016
After 20 years in the spa industry by the far the worst environment I've ever experienced. Management is incompetent, only in place because they started out as kids and stayed. Backbiting encouraged and led by leads. No room for advancement at all. No life work balance and expected to work for minimum wage if you make anything at all. 5 stars are bought
Pros
Pretty spa
Cons
Feels like a family with a competitive nature.
NPD Project Team Leader - Sanitary (Current Employee) –  Kohler, WIJanuary 28, 2016
Kohler Company provided the right work/life balance and recognizes its associates for their accomplishments inside and outside of the company.
A lot of hours
Material Handler-Robot Enameler (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIJuly 15, 2016
Good money if you like working a lot with no life what so ever. Very hard work, union sucks and good for nothing. Advancement opportunities are plenty. Underpaid and over worked for the job you are required to do. Not as good a company as I was told.
Pros
Voluntary overtime
Cons
Too much mandatory overtime, under paid, over worked.
Kohler is a very good company to work for
Operator (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, ARMay 13, 2016
i would go in and get my orders and look at the skid and find out how many i would need to completer the order. I learned how to make faucets, and how to how other things are made. The management was a good employer to work for. It took a while but i got to get along with them. the hardest part about the job was trying to get the handles even. I love my job i didn't complain at all.
Inconsistent Hours
Labor Pool (Former Employee) –  Union City, TNMay 26, 2016
I worked through Staff Management, which is a temp agency located in the factory, and the hours were inconsistent. I had to be there by 6 am and if there wasnt enough work to go around, they would send us home and wasted our gas and time. The hours we did work we only were paid $9.25 an hour. Complete waste of time.
Pros
Set break times
Cons
Inconsistent hours and pay
Energetic and intellectual learning environment.
CIT Service Desk (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIAugust 24, 2016
I loved my job at Kohler Co.. It was different everyday. Dealing with employees from all over the world, that spoke several different languages, was a exhilarating. Being able to help people was rewarding.
Pros
Flexable, Inviting, Teaching environment
Productive place to work
Help Desk Analyst (Contracted employee) (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIJanuary 12, 2016
I was a contracted employee so I was only there for a short period of time. But from what I noticed it’s a clean environment, and the people there are really nice to work with overall great place.
Pros
Room to grow within the company