Kohler Co. Employee Reviews

Do Yourself a Favor and Look Elsewhere
Employee (Current Employee) –  Wisconsin2 December 2016
I've been working for Kohler for over six years. Their turn-over rate is unbelievable. They do not treat their employees well, they are sneaky and it's a mess in every department because of the constant managerial and staff changes.The arrogance of the company is shocking in comparison to how their employees actually feel. I only recommend working for them if it is an absolute last resort.
Pros
Many departments to work in
Cons
They will do everything they can to keep as much pay and benefits from employees as possible
Awful Managment (Bullies)
Network Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sheridan Arkansas22 November 2016
The management at the Arkansas facility bully their employees until the employee finally quits. Awful Accounting Manager.
I always felt at home at this company
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI20 November 2016
I enjoyed my time at Kohler, just about every person I met through this company were friendly and professional, the work is reasonable and the union presence always made me feel valued as a worker.
One day in Kohler
Module Operator/Material handler (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SC15 November 2016
I would start my day off stretching with the group of employees. After exercises we would work half our 12 hour shift we would take a 30 minute break. I would work through my break sometimes. When the breaks were finished we would work the other half of work.
Pros
good pay
Cons
hard and tough group of people to work for
Great environment at an awesome world class facility.
Caddie (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WI15 November 2016
Serving Guests at one of the finest golf resorts in the United States, and arguably the world. This job taught me many great life lessons, also business related lessons such as, reliability , customer service, camaraderie and being punctual. Managers and co-workers were all great people to be around, a very tight knit "family". The hardest part of the job was the physical labor included in being world class caddie. The best part of the job was the reaction guests would have during or following a round, having to do with the fantastic experience we just shared together.
Pros
Great Co-workers, great compensation.
Cons
Good business to try and advance in
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI13 November 2016
Good business to work for, never had a problem with the company, they helped me out to find a job again when the engines division layed me off, and workers train you well for whatever job you are asked to do.
Pros
Overtime hours, workers work together and get along with everyone
Cons
Hours cut, lay offs
Easy
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI10 November 2016
Very hard to move up in. People are easy to work with. Great job. Monday through Friday with weekends off. Good pay. Hard advancement. Big company to move up in
Pros
Easy
Cons
Short breaks
Fun workplace.
Saw Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Union City, TN8 November 2016
I woke up everyday loving my job. I was always constantly busy, loved my coworkers, and had the same schedule basically everyday. I learned that I was able to do multiple things at the same time, and do them in a short time frame. The hardest part was making sure the metal wasn't scratched up or have any flaws. Working here overall was a good experience.
Pros
good work environment, breaks every two hours, and off on holidays.
Cons
trying to get a day off.
Great Pay
Faucets Operator (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI1 November 2016
Great pay, but they enroll you in the union without permition. Machines don't run well, and the number of units per day are to high. You get to chose if you want to do overtime. They change scedule to working all weekends except one a month without warning you cant get out of it. Coworkers are great.
Pros
Pay and coworkers
Cons
Unreasonable work numbers
Beautiful setting of the facility and office area.
Manufacturing Engineer (Contract Employee) (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI30 October 2016
I was happy there., very nice people to work with.
They had a very nice kitchen and cafeteria area with excellent food at lunch time.
Pros
Beautiful campus.
Cons
Too far of a drive from home
Fun place to work with good management
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI24 October 2016
It was fun and not a stressful position as an administrative assistant and greeting those to come to the office. Also experiencing the world's largest music festival is exciting and long hours.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, AR24 October 2016
Produced large amount of product for customers. The hardest part about this job was the shift assigned to me colliding with my school schedule. The most enjoyable part of this job was when we were fed for lunch.
Productive Work Place
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Brownwood, TX22 October 2016
It is a busy production company, I repair equipment and machinery that breakdown and do preventative maintenance on equipment. It is a friendly place to work with respectful management staff.
Kohler company itself is great- Sports Core, not so much
Facility Attendant/Reception Desk (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI20 October 2016
I loved working for Kohler. I loved talking to Mr. Kohler on a daily basis and interacting with people from all over the world.
I did not, however, enjoy working at Sports Core.
As a female not weighing more than 110 and barely past five feet, I found some of the work to be hard physically. Loading and unloading dirty/clean towels and then pushing a cart that was extremely heavy because of all the towels took a toll on my body. Also flipping boats over and pulling them up or out from the beach was very hard. I liked staying active, but there is only so much you can physically handle. You will also be expected to chase geese off the beach in the summer time and clean up after them, which includes the floating raft out in the lake. There was alot of picking up slack from other workers who just didn't feel like working, and alot of blame placed on the wrong people when something didn't get finished.
The front desk wasn't too bad, but be aware that this is a very clique type of work environment. If they don't like you, it makes your job even worse.
I'd have to say that management and scheduling is the absolute worst. Never have I seen such a disorganized office. They will either schedule you so you have one or two days off a month or you get scheduled only 2 days a week, not including weekends. They also schedule people to work every weekend. This is fine if you're in high school and want the hours but when I suggested a rotating schedule, say every other weekend in shifts, they shot that down. It could have changed by now but it was still the same when I left. You do get a
  more... small break for lunch if you work an 8 ht shift, but thankfully I worked primarily with one of the greatest guys, so he would let me take a little longer. The pay is not great, unfortunately, but it is higher than alot of the other jobs like this.  less
Pros
Employee discount at Take 5 Cafe and Pro Shop
Cons
Alot of phsyical labor, not great pay, hours are erratic, management is not great
The best at what they produce - a real sense of being part of something extraordinary
Senior Sales Executive - Kitchen & Bath Wholesale (Current Employee) –  Kohler, WI15 October 2016
Kohler is a fantastic company! Very innovative and the leader in their industry. Being a family run business has its pros and cons. There is a true sense of family among all Kohler employees, but action can sometimes be slow. Overall a great place to work.
Pros
Best products on the market; sense of being part of something great
Cons
Can be slow to act; heavy focus on innovation sometimes leads to hasty launches
Great company to work for with many alternatives with different business units.
Manager of Corporate Accounts (Current Employee) –  Kohler, WI14 October 2016
Great company for those starting their career or looking for their final job or anything in between. There are always opportunities for diversifying your skills and focusing on growing into the career field you choose.
Unprofessional
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MS23 September 2016
Very unprofessional when it comes to their company rules and policies. Line Leaders are trading fornication for advancement, steel toe boots are supposed to be worn, Females are not supposed to wear tight revealing clothes, One of the Security Guards is crooked, the OSHA policy is very bad here and they pay off the inspector.
Pros
Pay is okay.
Cons
Unprofessional, full of drama.
The job wasnt hard
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TX17 September 2016
I liked the position. It was a easy layout as far as the warehouse.The thing that made me leave was the manager in my dept. He was being disrespectful and speaking about black ppl in spanish. when I reported it they allowed him to retaliate on the employes.
Pros
easy warehouse work
Cons
disrespectful employees
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Union City, TN15 September 2016
very fast paced work. great place to work loved supervisors.met alot of new people there. i learned alot about how to use a saw to cut metal and some different types of shower doors that we made.
Engaging, positive workplace with a network of support for projects
Metallurgical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI31 August 2016
Work begins very early in the Cast Iron Group, often around 4:30AM, and lasts until around 2PM.

There is a plethora of projects to undertake and many supporting engineers to help each other.

I would say the groups within the Cast Iron are more loosely defined, and each group is definitely invested in the success of each other's projects.

Cooperation and engineering around the human condition is the greatest challenge at the plant.