Kohler Co. Employee Reviews

I ran a wheel abrator machine that enamled sinks
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI20 June 2017
I inspected repaired all bathroom sinks to lavatory sinks grinded and enamled for customer making sure were quality product at a very timely and productive speed safely
Large Corporation with little concern for employees
In-Room Dining Server (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI16 June 2017
Working at the American Club sucks. There is very little room for advancement unless you have a higher up connection. The manager for the room service department does not know how to schedule employees nor know how to reply to and resolve issues.
Pros
free food
Cons
poor management
Have to be fast and have a good eye
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MS15 June 2017
A typical day at work is mostly on the day to day basis. Pushing those engine down the line as fast as possible. Try not to hold the line up because it will make you look bad.
Pros
Off on Sunday
Cons
Short break
Enjoyable work place
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Sheridan, AR14 June 2017
My work enviroment is a nice enviroment with great coworkers. Kolher has alot of different benefits. I also love my working hours because it allows me to spend alot of time with my family.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
There is no cons
It was okay...
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, AR14 June 2017
It's a lot of hard work for little pay. 12 hour shifts only making 9.50 an hour didn't really cut it. The job was tiring and annoying. A lot of the employees don't know what No means... they also don't know how to do their jobs. They instead walk around flirting or trying to make inappropriate advances on others. It's like high school all over again. I am way to grown for that.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
Everything else
productive and hard working environment
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TX14 June 2017
working for the kohler company was a great experience. I learned a lot. the management team was not only informative, but also understanding and willing to give hours.
Good Company
Team Assembler (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MS12 June 2017
Working within the machine shop, i learned many new skills and gained a lot of experience i can use in any manufacturing job. Enjoyed learning new machine operating skills, fair and honest job.
Pros
Good salary, bills paid
Cons
Working seven days a week to meet quota
A great company with a lot of potential but filled with bad decisions.
Material Control Operator (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MS11 June 2017
It is a great company filled with opportunity but it is also filled with people who are self centered and selfish. who would not help others succeed for the sake of the company's progression.
Central Reservations
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI10 June 2017
I worked here briefly in the central reservations dept for hotel, spa, and golfing. they have strict standards for each phone call to meet the 5 diamond standards.
long days
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, FL9 June 2017
A typical day at work was the boss picked me up at around 7:00 AM and work intill around 6:30. Then go to different houses doing small work like trim, drywall, and replacing tile. I'v learned that it is not an easy job to do and that it is easier to say it then to do it because it has to be perfect. The hardest part of the day was the last job because you are super tied and just want to get it over with.
Pros
good pay, hour for lunch
Cons
only one break

Want to know more about Kohler Co.?

Ask a question
forklift driver
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SC8 June 2017
when i first got yo kohler it was a good place to work and it was pretty easy to driver a sit down forklift an putting the right tubs in there locations
Fast pace environment
Operation Technician (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MS7 June 2017
Kohler is a fast pace environment with very little down time. Kohler reinvests an average of at least 90 percent of our earnings back into the Company annually. This enables their privately held company to grow at a steady pace.
Keep your head down unless you are the star
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Kohler, WI6 June 2017
Great opportunity for the 0.1%. Otherwise keep your head down and do as you are told.
Management communication of clear expectations could be greatly improved. A very top-down, bureaucratic organization.
Pros
Very good pay, good area.
Cons
99.9% of salaried employees are treated poorly, even directors and VPs can be treated as minions by business presidents
Great place to work, some downsides
Buyer - Strategic Sourcing, Global Faucets (Current Employee) –  Kohler, WI2 June 2017
A very meeting heavy workplace. Well selected and thoroughly vetted staff. Unfortunately each team seems to be eternally understaffed and therefore the employees overworked. Would recommend if you are looking for a challenge that you will receive recognition for every step of the way, but do expect to spend extra hours at the job daily.
Pros
Great culture, good benefits, well paying
Cons
Too many meetings, understaffed teams
highly productive with 4 flat screens in the break room along with a few exercising eqiuptments
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, AR2 June 2017
I highly recommend this job for the people who like to stay busy but also enjoy a little fun time. Allowed to listen to music via personal headphones or speakers and whenever you need a snack just walk to the break room and choose from any of the 6 vending machines packed with variety
Pros
BBQ shack that delivers food for lunch at a lesser price
Cons
standing for 10 to 12 hours in one area
Great company
Service Desk - Help Desk support (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI27 May 2017
Kohler is a real nice company to work for. I was however only a contract employee, so I didn't get any of the benefits. I was a help desk professional and it was a fun rewarding job.
Pros
great people
Cons
Contract, huge company
A Decent Place to Work
First Shift Worker (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI25 May 2017
It is a lot of monotonous work but the pay was very good. Sometimes I experienced issues with the shop foreman on issues pertaining to quality. However, they are a very understanding company and willing to work with people on placement.
Good work environment
Labor (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MS23 May 2017
The are pretty tight on the point system but i thank them for that cause that taught how to value a job more and be on time. I enjoy my time at Kohler Engines
Pros
Good pay and good people
Cons
point system
A day at work with a Central Reservation Agent
Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI17 May 2017
A typical day at the office is sipping on a cup of coffee or 3 to keep you awake during the high volume of calls. Each call can vary from 3 minutes to an hour+, because it really depend on what the guest would like to reserve during their visit at the American Club.

I've learned that biting your tongue on a rough call usually make your day easier, however that is not always the case because as an central reservation agent you can only provide so much for the guest although you do handle all the bookings; rooms, spa services, dining, activities, golf tees and special events. Not everyone in the office is authorized to provide certain requests unless it's approved.

Management wise in the office is good. When someone starts slacking, the ones who noticed usually put them on check to stay focus to assist calls and guests. Most times when your plate is full, if you ask, most likely someone will offer to help you with unanswered calls, emails and voicemails.

The hardest part of the job would be balancing personal life, break and high volume calls. Personal life matters because even after you leave the office you constantly worry about the guests requests which you cannot confirm due to lack of authorization. Basically leaving work with more homework.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to work with a group of dedicated workers who often are not recognized enough. It's actually a great work environment despite the high call volume and high maintenance of certain guests. Sometimes you even dream of taking calls. Overall, it was a great workplace and
  more... advance experience in customer service.  less
Pros
Desserts from Craverie, endless coffee, and friendly coworkers
Cons
Short breaks, small office and sharing desks
Stressful work environment, poor management quantity over quality
Warehouse Operator/ P.I.V Operator and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI 5304410 May 2017
Kohler Company used to be THE place to work in sheboygan county, no longer is that the case. the management is beyond poor, and seem to have no clue what they are doing. they change everything so dramatically and frequently its hard to keep up. the hours are rediculous. i never saw my family, my marriage began to deteriorate, and i began to hate my job. i used to enjoy my job so much. if i were you id look for employment else where in the county, it is basically next to impossible to move up in pay with their tier a, tier b system. only way to make more money is to get trained on piv equipment, which they are very selective of who gets trained. i would know, i was a trainer here.
Cons
next to no breaks 2 10 minute breaks for 9 hours and 3 if you worked 10, stressful working evironment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kohler Co.. Our community is ready to answer.