Kohler Co. Employee Reviews

Una empresa con mucha estabilidad
Especialista de Recursos Humanos (Former Employee) –  Juárez, N. L.20 October 2017
Es una empresa que tiene un lado humano muy desarrollado y un plan de carrera muy bien estructurado. Hay oportunidad de crecimiento económico y laboral.
Great position with a ton of learning experiences
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP II (Current Employee) –  Kohler, WI18 October 2017
Call Center Position requires taking calls and assisting customers with warranty questions, placing orders, credits, checks, and product registrations.
Uninformed and stagnant
Assistant Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WI17 October 2017
Management of the golf courses is behind the times and not willing to advance or implement the upcoming technology and science. Terrible time retaining staff of value, mostly uneducated drones.
Culture was poor.
Packaging Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI17 October 2017
Culture at Kohler was very poor. Young inexperienced managers rose quickly through the ranks and the lack of knowledge and experience showed. Company is profitable.
Excellent Company for Recent Grads
Accounting Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI12 October 2017
I am a soon-to-be accounting graduate and worked as a temp at Kohler for 4-5 months. The work environment there is friendly and welcoming and they are more than willing to help you achieve and exceed at your goals. The role I had was stressful but there were other factors at play and my team helped ease any pains. I would work there again in a heartbeat.
Pros
Location, hour long lunch, decent pay, treats you like an adult, monthly company activities
Cons
If you're brand new with no experience you might find the lack of immediate assistance a bit jarring
Good company but poor management
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SC12 October 2017
It would be a good place to work at if we had better management and get paid a little more money. It's a lot of favoritism that goes on in here, we suppose to be on production but we don't get paid for production. I have been driving a forklift here for 3 years and still making the same thing.
Cons
Short breaks
Learned about the workings of a large well run company.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SC4 October 2017
I would get work orders from my boss and would be on call to fix manufacturing tools or processes. In free time I would work in machine shop to make hand tools for other employees.
Pros
Friendly place with lots to learn.
Cons
Big place with lots of thing that could break.
It's a very productive but enjoyable place to work.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NY30 September 2017
HELP CUSTOMERS!!!! Who need help or look they do . Always Smile , answer all questions possible, be sure to wear comfortable but appropriate clothes & shoes at all times.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
N/a
Dysfunctional Management
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI30 September 2017
Tied up in red tape and corporate hyper-culture to the point that actually doing one's job becomes secondary. Massive investment of hours in extraneous and unnecessary tasks/projects ensured that the workload was completely out of tune with reality.
Pros
good benefits/decent compensation
Cons
broken culture and systems make life very difficult
Different season different hours worked
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI29 September 2017
Management is very bad when they put someone new in charge. The hardest part of the job was scratching by with hours when you have reduced hours during less busy season.
Productive and fun place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MS28 September 2017
I enjoyed working at Kohler because they paid more than my previous job. Kohler taught me about Engines that I never knew anything about. The paved of Kohler was quick and I really enjoyed that because I hate moving to slow, because I like to get the job done.
Get worked to death.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SC26 September 2017
If you will like working with hazardous materials and waste. In a very hot environment, breathe in dust. Not being appreciated and be belittled this place is for you! You also will get a week of vacation after a WHOLE YEAR. You get no holiday pay till 90 days.
great place to work w the right manager
Account Executive, Kitchen and Bath (Current Employee) –  New York, NY23 September 2017
managers can change the entire work place. I really enjoyed the first few years until the upper managers decided to reorg the groups. it is now every one for themselves.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
recent re-org ruined the team atmosphere
Stressful, cut throat, no room for permanny
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI17 September 2017
I did not like working at Kohler Company. The employees there are treated poorly, it is a very stressful place. There is lack of appreciation for the employees there. I was only a temp and was treated as such!
Pros
The pay was good
Cons
No room to move up
ok
Senior Master Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI15 September 2017
Source of pride. My position was eliminated and I received no support to find a new position. as a result, I was forced to leave. I wanted to transfer to a different but did not receive support.
benefits
Cons
no assistance with job retention
A good place to work
Set-up Operator (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MS11 September 2017
I've been with this company for many years. I have met a lot of great people along the way. The job itself is self explanatory. A good place to work to advance your in machinery.
Pros
Bonus every six months
Cons
To much time off during the summer months
Very fast pace life
Master Scheduler III (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WI 530444 September 2017
In the role of a Master Scheduler, your daily work life is very busy. High amount of emails to manage, suppliers to follow up with and endless opportunities for process improvements.
Pay
Fork Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MS4 September 2017
Work there for six years, was top out on pay for the last four. Got top out in less than two years but my work load continued to grow. Once I left I was told two people had to be hired to do my former job.
Very stressful and fast paced
Pressure cast operator (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SC29 August 2017
My daddy had previously worked there for 18 years so I figured it would be a good idea to try and get a job there myself but I quickly learned it wasn't and I resigned. It was a very fast paced working enviroment with alot of foreigners who couldn't even speak English and that made it very difficult to be trained. I only worked there for a short period of time and thought it would be better if I looked for something else, there was alot of drugs going around out there and it was just so hot it made it very unpleasant working enviroment.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits, several breaks
Cons
Very hot, alot of drug usuage by other employees, bad hours
Not wanting to retire from there
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Kohler, WI28 August 2017
Unhappy over all at Kohler. Work hours are great 1st shift. No room to move to teir A or advance to A pay. No open door policy in said department..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kohler Co.. Our community is ready to answer.