Building the future with a foundation in the past; Kodiak Group Holdings Co, an affiliate of Williamson-Dickie Mfg. Co, is a leading footwear company marketing quality safety and lifestyle footwear under the Kodiak, Terra and Dickies brands. KGH Co. has evolved from family operated businesses with a distinct history of authenticity to a global Company poised for further growth.
We will be opening a new state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Cambridge, Ontario and have an exciting opportunity for an Injection Molding Machine Operator.
Working in a cell manufacturing environment you will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Desma injection machines, as well as associated tasks required in the injection process. You understand the importance of manufacturing a high quality product while working towards production targets.
Duties Associated with this role:
- Organize the product to be injected & ensure a consistent flow to the injection machine
- Place uppers onto the station and remove finished product from the station once the sole has
been attached (Loading process)
- Inspect injected outsoles as they come to the roughing station and ensure that they meet
quality standards (Roughing process)
- Trim the outsole to remove flash and spill from finished product (Trimming process)
- Remove the lasts from the finished product and inspect for quality issues (Unlasting process)
- Ensure that the TPU system is full as required
- Modify robot programming, plate placement programming, injection parameters and mold
changes as required
- Other duties and responsibilities may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in a cell manufacturing environment with
injection molding machinery, preferably in the industrial footwear industry
- Understand principles of lean manufacturing, ISO 9001 and continuous improvement
- Promote a safe and healthy work environment
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and able to work effectively in a cell
- Able to work days (7am to 3pm) or afternoon shift (3pm to 11pm)
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
This is an exciting opportunity to build your career with a global Company. We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package.