Knight Facilities Management Employee Reviews

Working for Knight Facilities Management was an overall positive experience. This was a good opportunity to see inside the manufacturing environment.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lordstown, OHFebruary 19, 2015
My work experience with Knight Facilities Management was within the automotive industry @ General Motors. I obtained a considerable amount of safety training related to the industrial manufacturing environment. As a shift supervisor in the maintenance dept. i was tasked to identify any equipment failures or safety issues and report or correct these issues. I was responsible for maintaining good communications with my counterparts so as to update the status of any ongoing or completed projects. The most trying aspect of my job was obtaining the cooperation of other area supervisors and their personnel. The most satisfying part of my job was completing my assignments in a timely and professional manner.
Pros
developing friendships.
Cons
the healthcare benefits were less than desired.
not a good job or company
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MISeptember 3, 2015
it's a job and not one i would take again still have not been paid for 30 hours they play to many games and are vary unprofessional
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Contract Manager, GM Worldwide Facilities Group (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIFebruary 6, 2013
My daily work assignment was great working for the Knight Facilities Company. In the 13 years I learned quickly how to structure, manage, set standards, prioritize and work as a team member even when working under stress. The management leaders that I had in place were unfair but I learn to deal with it because I wanted the company to succeed. I always assisted my co-workers who needed help and didn't quite understand at times on what was needed. The overall job experience was great. I was able to deal with people and help and motivate them through the stressful times.
Small company
SITE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIDecember 7, 2012
Typical small company trying to grow
No real benefits.
Management still evolving
Co-workers mid-to low income
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Enjoyed this Job
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 23, 2013
I really enjoyed working for KFM. I learned a lot from upper management and was given a once in a lifetime opportunity. KFM went through a company wide layoff and I unfortunately was one of the employees to be let go. I enjoyed the travel and the responsibility as well as working with the executive level team.
employee picnic
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland,MSJuly 2, 2013
supervising the maintenance department and daily safety meeting with employee.

I learned how to manage employee time sheets for payroll.

I enjoyed training in performance management training.

the most enjoyable part of the job is doing the job right the first time.
Pros
one hour lunch break
Cons
working on holidays
decent job for decent pay
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Grand Blanc, MIDecember 9, 2013
it was a decent job , the work was not to hard but not to easy, it will keep you busy, management was pretty good , the people i worked with were great
lack of work on my floor tech skills
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 12, 2013
The duties of work were ok co-workers were good to work with as far as management was hardly seen,the part a work enjoyed able to work alone on a tasked assigned.
Never a dull moment
Site manager (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 2, 2013
My typical day at work was dealing with GM sanitation workers that had many years of seniority and did not feel as though that had to work. Getting these guys to work proved to be a challenge but I did it. I not only did it but the facility won the Carlyle award each year that I was there and the cleanness of the plant was instrumental in the award.
Pros
the fun of wipping 33 gm sanitation workers into shape!
Cons
waxing a 1 million sq feet floor over a weekend
Top managers but a very insecure atmosphere because it was contract work.
Lead Janitor (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIOctober 13, 2014
Loved working within this facility with the manager. Real positive people who would do anything for their employees.
Pros
lunches were thrown, worked on the time schedules
Cons
contract work
Nice work place. I was custodian/ landscaping and i enjoyed work.
custodian/ landscaping (Former Employee) –  West Mifflin, PAJuly 5, 2012
I would clock in. Go to the garage and load up my landscaping tools and go to work. Chainsaw, weedwacker, lawn mower,pruners, hedge cutters, ect. I really liked that job. It was the G.M. Plant in westmifflin.
Pros
nothing
Cons
the health care was to high, couldn't afford it.
Fast Paced work environment
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OhioJuly 8, 2012
I loved my position with Knight FM. I was able to use my education to gain skills and knowledge of the business world. This job required close attention to detail, and allowed little to no room for mistakes. This made me more punctual and accurate.
Pros
great pay
Enjoyed seeing new vehicles.
Vehicle Builder/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Warren,MIOctober 25, 2013
Enjoyed working with former co-workers. Learned how the new vehicles are being built.

2.9