Knight Facilities Management

Knight Facilities Management Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
decent job for decent pay
Custodial Worker (Former Employee), Grand Blanc, MIDecember 9, 2013
it was a decent job , the work was not to hard but not to easy, it will keep you busy, management was pretty good , the people i worked with were great
Enjoyed seeing new vehicles.
Vehicle Builder/Inspector (Former Employee), Warren,MIOctober 25, 2013
Enjoyed working with former co-workers. Learned how the new vehicles are being built.
lack of work on my floor tech skills
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Detroit, MISeptember 12, 2013
The duties of work were ok co-workers were good to work with as far as management was hardly seen,the part a work enjoyed able to work alone on a tasked assigned.
Enjoyed this Job
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 23, 2013
I really enjoyed working for KFM. I learned a lot from upper management and was given a once in a lifetime opportunity. KFM went through a company wide layoff and I unfortunately was one of the employees to be let go. I enjoyed the travel and the responsibility as well as working with the executive level team.
Never a dull moment
Site manager (Former Employee), Flint, MIJuly 2, 2013
Pros: the fun of wipping 33 gm sanitation workers into shape!
Cons: waxing a 1 million sq feet floor over a weekend
My typical day at work was dealing with GM sanitation workers that had many years of seniority and did not feel as though that had to work. Getting these guys to work proved to be a challenge but I did it. I not only did it but the facility won the Carlyle award each year that I was there and the cleanness of the plant was instrumental in the award.
employee picnic
Facility Manager (Former Employee), Cleveland,MSJuly 2, 2013
Pros: one hour lunch break
Cons: working on holidays
supervising the maintenance department and daily safety meeting with employee.

I learned how to manage employee time sheets for payroll.

I enjoyed training in performance management training.

the most enjoyable part of the job is doing the job right the first time.
Contract Manager, GM Worldwide Facilities Group (Former Employee), Warren, MIFebruary 6, 2013
My daily work assignment was great working for the Knight Facilities Company. In the 13 years I learned quickly how to structure, manage, set standards, prioritize and work as a team member even when working under stress. The management leaders that I had in place were unfair but I learn to deal with it because I wanted the company to succeed. I always – more... assisted my co-workers who needed help and didn't quite understand at times on what was needed. The overall job experience was great. I was able to deal with people and help and motivate them through the stressful times. – less
Small company
SITE MANAGER (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIDecember 7, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Typical small company trying to grow
No real benefits.
Management still evolving
Co-workers mid-to low income
Fast Paced work environment
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Mansfield, OhioJuly 8, 2012
Pros: great pay
I loved my position with Knight FM. I was able to use my education to gain skills and knowledge of the business world. This job required close attention to detail, and allowed little to no room for mistakes. This made me more punctual and accurate.
Nice work place. I was custodian/ landscaping and i enjoyed work.
custodian/ landscaping (Former Employee), West Mifflin, PAJuly 5, 2012
Pros: nothing
Cons: the health care was to high, couldn't afford it.
I would clock in. Go to the garage and load up my landscaping tools and go to work. Chainsaw, weedwacker, lawn mower,pruners, hedge cutters, ect. I really liked that job. It was the G.M. Plant in westmifflin.

About Knight Facilities Management

KnightFM is a global company, serving General Motors at their SGM plant in Shanghai, and Shenyeng, China. We currently have a – Read more