*Journeyman Automotive Technician
Klondike Motors – Inuvik, NT
Job Posting: KMI-IN-2014-03-20
Job Title: Journeyman Automotive Technician
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Inuvik - Box 2568 170 Airport Rd.*
Klondike Motors is offering a Northern Adventure to an experienced Automotive Technician who is more than just a Mechanic. At our Inuvik location located, we pride ourselves on exceeding our customer’s expectations, providing quality service and being one of the only shops in town with a licensed technician. Your experience is a key to our success in the community and we are seeking a dependable long-term employee who would enjoy the beauty of Canada’s North, while working a Monday-Friday schedule, having responsibility, and mentoring an apprentice. Training will be provided at our Whitehorse facility.
The successful candidate will:
- Be dependable and have a positive attitude
- Have good communication and organizational skills
- Be a team player
- Have the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Be able to share our commitment in exceeding customers’ expectations.
Duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Determine the problem by reading the work order, examining the vehicle using testing equipment, or taking the vehicle for a test drive.
- Dismantle faulty assemblies and repair or replace worn or damaged parts.
- Reassemble, adjust, and test the repaired mechanism.
- Perform scheduled maintenance services such as oil changes, lubrications and tune-ups.
- Advise customers on work performed, general vehicle condition and future repair requirements.
- Red-Seal Journeyman Certificate, Air Ticket and CVIP Certification is essential
- Criminal Security Clearance, Journeyman Certificate, and a Valid Driver’s License with clean abstract are conditions of employment.
- Domestic (GM) experience.
Please forward your letter of interest and resume to:
Human Resources Suite 201, 17205-106A Avenue Edmonton, AB T5S 1M7
Fax (780) 638-4867
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.