Installation Technology Developer
About the Company
In business since 2001, Klocwork helps developers create more secure and reliable software. Their tools analyze source code on-the-fly, simplify peer code reviews, and extend the life of complex software. Our customers are some of the biggest brand names in the world, building medical devices like robotic arms, the most advanced aerospace technology imaginable, automotive wizardry, and mobile telecom wonders for today's needs and tomorrow's dreams. These companies rely on Klocwork's state-of-the-art technology to analyze and strengthen the security and reliability of their "can't fail" software. Software that is literally shaping the way society lives. That is why we need exceptional people to join our team. People that want to be at the cutting edge of software development, building software for customers that are building the future.
A career at Klocwork means being an important part of a highly talented, fast-paced team where we look forward to facing new challenges and celebrating success together. We are a team of bright minds and motivated individuals who openly share ideas to shape the future of software development while ensuring success for our customers. We are looking to grow our team with talented and driven people, so if you are up for a challenging and rewarding opportunity with a company that cares about your career development, then Klocwork would love to hear from you.
About the Role
Are you looking for a role in which you can demonstrate, every day, that we literally can't ship product without you? Can you take requirements from three different product managers, an architect and a dev lead, and make it all come right in your designs? Do you get a kick out of seeing "installed flawlessly" in a product review?
We're looking for just such an individual to join our growing team of developers, working on high-end development aides for professional developers everywhere. We don't believe that the installation developer is unimportant, or low-man in the pecking order, quite the reverse. You'll be taking this role over from one of our most senior team members, to whom you'll be reporting.
So, if you are logical, organized and customer focused, check out this career opportunity, apply to join our organization and show us that you have what it takes to be part of our high quality team.
- Work with the product managers, architects, team leads and individual engineers to determine installation requirements;
- Use your own intuition and design sense to create a simple, logical installation workflow;
- Design, implement, and maintain MSI installers for Windows using Installshield and other similar tools (e.g. WiX);
- Design, implement and maintain installers for Linux, Solaris, IBM/AIX and Mac OS/X using appropriate tools and technologies depending on platform;
- Develop installation strategies for major releases, service updates, and patches;
- Script unattended installations suitable for mass-deployment infrastructure.
Required Skills and Expertise:
- At least 3 years’ hands-on experience with creating, modifying and maintaining MSI Installers using InstallShield or WiX;
- Knowledge of setup.exe packaging, merge modules and patching;
- Knowledge of packaging and releasing products targeting Windows XP, Vista, 7 and Windows Server;
- Exceptional knowledge of Windows Installer architectures and best practices;
- Proficient with C/C++, Java, Python, and scripting languages;
- Demonstrated understanding of product architecture and lifecycle.
- Knowledge of build automation tools such as Ant, Make, Visual Studio/MSBuild, Maven or Gradle will be considered an asset.
- Experience with Agile software development processes a plus.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- University degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or College Diploma in Computing Science and Information Systems or similar.
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work with minimal supervision within a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong human relations and interpersonal skills