Role: Senior Web Developer – JQuery Specialist - SAAS Software Company
Location: Downtown Toronto
Compensation: $75,000 - $85,000 (dependent on experience)
Reports to: CTO
Method Integration creates web applications for small and medium sized businesses. Our apps have strong integrations with other SMB apps, such as QuickBooks and Google Apps. Our flagship product is MethodCRM, a web app made specifically for small businesses using QuickBooks accounting software. Method is a VC–backed, SAAS software company that is quickly growing!
We’re on the hunt for a talented Web Developer to join our team full-time in downtown Toronto. We are looking for a developer, who has a passion for programming and loves solving interesting development problems. We believe that progressive design, combined with best practices and a focus on user experience is the key to success.
As an ideal candidate:
- You have an excellent grasp over web development using JQuery UI and JQuery Mobile.
- All your development efforts revolve around best practices and optimal user experience.
- You have a realistic approach to timeline and efforts.
- You thrive in a team-based development environment, yet are capable of carrying a module to its logical end single-handed.
- Work in close coordination with technical architect for goals, priorities and timelines.
- You have a good appetite for learning and adopting new technologies, concepts and practices.
- Expert in JQuery, JSON, HTML 5, CSS.
- Ability to work with different frameworks like Twitter Bootstrap and JQuery Mobile.
- Ability to tweak a JQuery UI or write from scratch.
- Follow best practices in JQuery plugin development and coding
- Have used productivity tools like QMock, QUnit, Firebug, JQuery Trace (or other similar tools)
- Good understanding of N-Tier architecture, SVN, Agile methodology and Scrum.
- Strong communication skills.
It would be a bonus if you have:
- Previous experience on CRM apps.
- Understanding of accounting or financial applications.
- Fun team environment.
- Small company experience – working for a small company like Method gives you deep insight to the inner workings of how a software company operates, as you will be expected to become involved in many discussions: from new product features, to marketing campaigns, to operational policies and procedures.
- Training – You will receive initial and ongoing training on Method’s products, policies and procedures.
- Great downtown location – Method is located right in the heart of Toronto’s young and vibrant ‘King West’ technology hub at the corner of King Street and Spadina Avenue.
- Great working hours – Method’s company culture is perfect for those who strive for a good work/life balance.
- Competitive salary plus potential bonuses!
- Benefits - Health care and dental plan.
Indeed - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard