Role: Sales Executive – SAAS Software
Location: Downtown Toronto
Compensation: Potential to make $50,000 - $65,000 in year 1 (portion of compensation is guaranteed base salary)
Reports to: VP Sales
The company is a cloud-based software company experiencing exponential growth. The company provides cloud-based solutions – virtual data rooms – to securely share large volumes of confidential documents. The solutions enable financial and legal intermediaries, investment banks and corporations to securely share large volumes of data for financial transactions, due diligence, M&A, corporate governance, regulatory compliance, litigation, etc.
We are located in downtown Toronto with corporate, legal and financial clients across North America, Europe and emerging markets. We are currently seeking a Sales Executive to join our growing sales team.
In this position, the successful candidate will play an integral role in the Sales department with an emphasis on signing new named accounts. The focus in this role is M&A advisory and financial transactions (ie. selling the solutions to Private Equity companies, Financial Advisors, Investment Banks, Professional Services Firms) so a willingness to learn about these industries and their business processes is essential. This position reports directly to the VP Sales.
Key Qualities to be Successful in this Role:
Challenger mentality – Part of what makes our team successful is the drive to continually improve and challenge ourselves and our clients. As experts in virtual data rooms, we strive to differentiate ourselves from our competitors by being the most knowledgeable sales force in the market. We take control of the sales cycle and teach value to clients. Are you up for that challenge?
Prospecting skills – You are comfortable picking up the phone and talking to clients at accounting firms, M&A advisory firms, banks and corporations. Discipline and the ability to accurately record and measure activity and results to drive improvement will be the key to your success. You are self sufficient and able to work on your own and contribute to the group.
Transaction knowledge – Our clients use our product to exchange large volumes of highly confidential documents for M&A, financing, restructuring and more. A strong interest in financial transactions and a willingness to learn about our clients’ businesses and business processes is critical.
- Prospect for new named accounts, new referral sources, and transactions
- Respond to inbound requests that are received from our web site and referrals
- Collaborate with marketing to execute campaigns focused on driving lead generation
- Demo the product to prospects with a focus on business process solutions, not features
- Record all sales activities in Salesforce.com and report on key success metrics
- Other tasks as defined by the VP Sales
What you get from us:
- Pivotal role with a proven, fast growing technology company and huge potential for growth
- Coaching and support in learning & developing as an individual and within a close-knit team
- Smart, fun-loving team in great downtown Toronto location. Did we mention fun?
- Espresso machine, bike room, laptop, free drinks and regular, fun team outings
- Competitive salary, 3 weeks’ vacation and great benefits
- Lots of room for growth, no caps on commissions, commissions paid out monthly
- MUST have a University Degree
- MUST have at least 1-3 years of sales experience
- Knowledge of financial transactions and interest in financial transactions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Collaborative, Team Player
- CURIOUSITY to learn about clients' businesses
- Prior Experience selling software or SAAS software is preferred, but not a requirement.