Kitco Metals Inc.

Kitco Metals Inc. Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It's ok... was better before
IT Business Analyst (Current Employee), Montréal, QCDecember 23, 2014
The company has gone through some major changes. I've been with the company for over 7 years, and have seen the good, the bad and the ugly. I hope they can get through their rough times at the moment.
Great people , very friendly
Business Process Analyst (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 12, 2013
Pros: friendly work environment and very opened
Cons: not many challenges
Best part was the friens I made there, proffessinally speaking was not very challenging and interesting. Business domain is very interesting though.
Poor management and micro-managing projects, poor advancement prospects
Content Coordination and Editing Specialist (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 4, 2012
It is unfortunate that I would have to rate the company so poorly, but an issue I feel that is particularly problematic in the company has been management, there seems to be a pervasive attitude of having a department that has a director, five managers, 3 supervisors and 1 regular worker, creating a chasm of misinformation, too many chefs spoiling the broth and a lot of head butting or ego thrashing. Interminable meetings where nothing ever gets done since there is a chain of hierarchy akin to the one present in government and before anything gets implemented, the issue(s) go along a vertical incline and somehow get lost in the vastness of project management, QA specialists, managers, directors, supervisors, etc.

There are also issues such as micro-managing which as prevalent in several departments, a constant pressure to do teamwork and be present in meetings several times a day regardless of workload or whether they are required or not.

There are however many dedicated employees that have stayed the course to see the company grow from a small unknown to a large corporate environment a la Dilbert-esque to say the least. But I cannot recommend the company from both personal experience as well as through external information from friends and employees that I am still in constant contact with, all of which have a very poor review of management, the bankruptcy issues are also clouding future prospects, lack of focus and direction for career advancement, this has created a very stressful work environment.