The Senior Customer Payment Agent provides guidance and instruction to the Customer Payment team to ensure the successful execution of their functions. This team will be responsible for end-to-end activities of collecting company billings in a timely and efficient manner as well as processing incoming and outgoing payments. This team will also be responsible for establishing, improving and documenting team’s overall efficiency.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Verify and apply daily incoming customers’ payments received in any form.
- Validate and issue payments to customers by preparing and sending checks or bank wires.
- Handle any exception accordingly and communicate to the appropriate team.
- Contact Customers/Credit Card Companies and Collection Agencies for outstanding balances.
- Keep a proper audit control by filing all check stubs in numerical order, and bank wires issued to date.
- Review status pertaining to Accounts Receivable(A/R) to verify details, monitor work activities, and evaluate company’s receivable position.
- Oversee Payment Processing function according to company policy.
Senior Customer Payment Agent responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day to day tasks of his/her team.
- Provide, instructions, and guidance to his/her team in achieving the department's goals and objectives.
- Assign individual responsibilities, and identify appropriate resources needed.
- Responsible for accuracy and work of staff to assure quality.
- Provide employees with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems and in resolving difficult files.
- Train and instruct employees in job duties and company policies or arrange for training to be provided.
- Manage team schedule to assure that work gets done and the team function is covered at all times.
- Discuss job performance with employees to identify issues and to work on resolving problems.
- Coordinate and manage all Payment Processing activities by being hands-on.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in a pertinent role
- DEC in accounting, or related field and/or relevant experience
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of corporate accounting principles, and financial planning, management, and reporting methods/processes
- Previous supervisory and/or team lead experience
- Strong leadership capabilities with an excellent ability to foster motivation within the Payment Processing team to successfully meet departmental objectives
- The ability to have a strong impact and influence key decisions
- Excellent computer literacy, advanced Excel skills, excellent technical abilities, understanding of accounting balancing concept
- Detail oriented
- Focused on results
- Able to take initiative in planning and achievement of work
- Oral and written communication skills clear and concise
- Great interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt to change
- Ability to work in teams and create good working relations
- Oriented toward customer satisfaction
ANTICIPATED TRAVEL / SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Travel rarely required
Why work at Kitco?
Since 1977, we have delivered a wide range of precious metal products and services to our customers and we are proud to have offices located worldwide including, Canada, United States and Hong Kong.
We believe in our employees and their capabilities and we encourage them to discover opportunities for growth and further success within Kitco. We reward, appreciate & acknowledge our employees accomplishments & initiatives through employee recognition programs and awards. We offer a positive, friendly work environment, many extracurricular activities such as sports teams, inter-departmental committees and opportunities for continuous training & development.
At Kitco, excellence is neither an occurrence nor an achievement, but an ongoing pursuit that leads to success. For more information we invite you to visit our corporate website at: www.kitco.com
Apply at Kitco for an opportunity to discover your full potential!
Only the selected candidates will be contacted.