Kitchen Stuff Plus

Kitchen Stuff Plus Employee Reviews

Meh.
Seasonal warehouse clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 27, 2016
Warehouse work. Warehouse was organized, work was hard but easy to grasp and straightforward in nature.

Pay sucks, no perks that make the job worth it. Hours sucked and the warehouse is in the middle of west end industrial Toronto.

Boredom and a general stagnancy of the soul are what KSP's warehouse have to offer.

People are cool, but transient due to the nature of the work. Unloading thousands of pounds of Chinese made kitchen goods from a shipping container makes for good exercise.
Pros
Easy work, KSP staff discount.
Cons
Everything else.
Self improvement in terms of interaction and fun place to work.
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 9, 2016
Friendly and nice co-workers and management is good. Fair treatment of each individual. Work is fun. Enjoy working with different kinds of individual both co- workers and customers. Learning while enjoying the work and task assigned. Good thing with the job is improvement of ones interrelationship with new and old acquaintances and self improvement in the way to interact with different people on different situations and circumstances.
Loved this place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 21, 2016
Only supposed to be there for a seasonal job but the work was fun. Really enjoyed talki g to coworkers and customers. Christnas tome is hectic but always had fun interacting with everyone. Management was a blast and always made me laugh.
Overall Review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 22, 2016
This job was a great experience into the world of retail management. i gain a lot of experience working with customers, like dealing with conflicts working with people with disabilities. the place had a open friendly environment
Working at Kitchen Stuff Plus warehouse
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  125 Tycos DriveDecember 24, 2015
Working at the warehouse for Kitchen Stuff Plus has been a worthwhile experience for me. I have been working with this employer for over 1 year now. I started as a seasonal employee and then quickly got moved up to a regular employee almost immediately. The work has been great but the work hours have failed to live up to the work environment. I had my hours cut repeatedly due to low sales and company cutbacks. It was not until the Christmas Season came around that I had my hours pick up again to full-time hours. Other than this, the company has been great to work for and I fell in love with my job as Order Picker. I just hope that my hours don't get cut in the future.
Pros
Great Work environmment
Cons
not enough working hours during the "dead" season
Kitchen Stuff Plus HEARTLAND
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 13, 2015
The staff was the only reason I stayed with this retailer in this specific location, almost everyone is always helpful and fun. Management is okay, you deal with BS every once in a while but I think that is in every workplace! Very thankful to them for hiring me with no experience whatsoever! Glad to have worked there.
Pros
Staff at the Heartland Town Centre / Mississauga location!
Cons
Long hours, small pay. As well as only one 45 minute break.
Excellent work place
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Although I was hired for the Christmas rush I really felt like I was a part of the team. Management and the other staff really made me feel welcomed. Hours were very flexable and management was willing to accommodate when needed.
Pros
Flexable hours
Learning more each day, would like more hours
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2016
Enjoy working there and the people. Like learning about the products. Like working on cash meeting the customers. I believe the Management is fare.
Good Co-Workers,low Pay
Reciever (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 22, 2016
Good work/life balance
very low pay and no benefits
overall good to keep this job if you are desperate . high turnover rate of management
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Almost everything
Good part time job
Retail Staff (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONDecember 19, 2015
KSP is a good work environment for a part time job, depending on the staff that you work with and the managers that you work under.
Active, engaging workplace environment with friendly co-workers and supportive, understanding management.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 25, 2015
Active, engaging workplace environment with friendly co-workers and patient, understanding management. Abundant hours, with opportunities for advancement. Work is highly physically demanding and strenuous however, and often involves erratic work-hours and overnight shifts. Employees are expected to perform fill multiple roles, resulting in a very dynamic but occasionally very stressful workplace environment. Precarious high-ladder work often required of employees. Not for those with low stamina, poor balance, or other health problems.
Pros
Active, engaging workplace environment, friendly co-workers, supportive and understanding management, high availability of hours and opportunities for advancement, very physically active.
Cons
Very physically demanding work, erratic and often difficult hours, minimum wage.
Good company
Sales associate, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONOctober 23, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management, didn't enjoy it very munch very slow paced and boring, great learning experience!
Pros
close by
Cons
wasn't my own boss
Very busy store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 13, 2015
They have a very lengthy hiring process that seems to never end. Way too many managers makes the job really difficult since all of them have different ideas and they do not agree among them.
part time job
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 18, 2015
i was hired at the busy season for christmas as a part times sales rep.
fun part about this job was i was able to learn alot about kitchen gadgets and other accessories for kitchen and bath .
? I was just left wondering.
Cashier, stocking, greeter, demos (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONJanuary 26, 2015
I loved working with the people, and I worked a great deal, but found the manager of the store unwilling to face us and to let us know who would be staying as a permanent worker in the store. I did not know until it was the end of my last shift that I was not, but I was much appreciated, and maybe they would be calling me back, maybe the assistant manger said.
Pros
most of the people where great to work with.
Cons
just left wondering why.
Great place to work at, great hours and good work.
Sales Associate, Shipper / Receiver (Former Employee) –  Taunton RoadMay 19, 2015
My typical day when I worked at Kitchen Stuff Plus was a sales associate and shipper/receiver. I would rather be on the floor helping customers or in the back stocking and supplying.
Pros
Great co workers and work enviroment
The work environment was very plesant to work in
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 4, 2015
i enjoyed working there it felt like a family working there. Everyone helped each other out. I work there again. The work experience helped me out in other fields of the work world
Friendly environment focused on customer service and retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 4, 2014
Healthy environment that had lots of inventory, changing monthly with the store set up and products, made it interesting and challenging to work there. You have scheduled breaks and are encouraged to help the customers rather than focus only on stocking. Working with ladders and lifting heavy objects may be quite physically demanding.
Pros
discounts for employees and scheduled breaks
Cons
inconsistent schedule
Great environment and good vibes
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 6, 2015
Kitchen Stuff Plus was a great place to work at, great co-workers and environment. I enjoyed helping customers and looking forward to work each day. The most enjoyable thing I liked about working there was seeing who needed help on the floor, restocking and keeping the visual displays, eye-popping and just enjoying lunch with the people you love working with. The management tried their very best to keep the customers and their employees happy, was always approachable and cool to talk and joke around with. But when it's time to work everyone got serious. Hardest thing about working at KSP was handling many customers at a time even when nobody was available on the floor. Overall, KSP was a fun place to work at. I had my ups and downs.
Pros
staff party, good pay, great staff
Cons
confusion and often overstocked items
Retailer in Canada
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 12, 2014
This job was a good entry for me into Toronto when I moved.

As an Assistant Manager there were many tasks to take care of and responsibility to hold! My feeling is that this company focuses more on its small beginning then its potential growth.

In the time I was there Kitchen Stuff Plus opened 4 new locations and closed 3 old ones. This company gave me the impression of growth but fell short.

I made a choice to move on, and take a role where I could use my natural skills to more benefit my life.
Pros
discounts
Cons
must work christmas day.

2.7