Kitchen Stuff Plus Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good Co-Workers,low Pay
Reciever (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 22, 2016
Pros: Co-workers
Cons: Almost everything
Good work/life balance
very low pay and no benefits
overall good to keep this job if you are desperate . high turnover rate of management
Excellent work place
Receiver (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Pros: Flexable hours
Although I was hired for the Christmas rush I really felt like I was a part of the team. Management and the other staff really made me feel welcomed. Hours were very flexable and management was willing to accommodate when needed.
Working at Kitchen Stuff Plus warehouse
Order Picker (Current Employee), 125 Tycos DriveDecember 24, 2015
Pros: Great Work environmment
Cons: not enough working hours during the "dead" season
Working at the warehouse for Kitchen Stuff Plus has been a worthwhile experience for me. I have been working with this employer for over 1 year now. I started as a seasonal employee and then quickly got moved up to a regular employee almost immediately. The work has been great but the work hours have failed to live up to the work environment. I had my hours cut repeatedly due to low sales and company cutbacks. It was not until the Christmas Season came around that I had my hours pick up again to full-time hours. Other than this, the company has been great to work for and I fell in love with my job as Order Picker. I just hope that my hours don't get cut in the future.
Good part time job
Retail Staff (Former Employee), Oakville, ONDecember 19, 2015
KSP is a good work environment for a part time job, depending on the staff that you work with and the managers that you work under.
Kitchen Stuff Plus HEARTLAND
Customer Service (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 13, 2015
Pros: Staff at the Heartland Town Centre / Mississauga location!
Cons: Long hours, small pay. As well as only one 45 minute break.
The staff was the only reason I stayed with this retailer in this specific location, almost everyone is always helpful and fun. Management is okay, you deal with BS every once in a while but I think that is in every workplace! Very thankful to them for hiring me with no experience whatsoever! Glad to have worked there.
Good company
Sales associate, Cashier (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONOctober 23, 2015
Pros: close by
Cons: wasn't my own boss
Fun work place with supportive management, didn't enjoy it very munch very slow paced and boring, great learning experience!
Active, engaging workplace environment with friendly co-workers and supportive, understanding management.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Active, engaging workplace environment, friendly co-workers, supportive and understanding management, high availability of hours and opportunities for advancement, very physically active.
Cons: Very physically demanding work, erratic and often difficult hours, minimum wage.
Active, engaging workplace environment with friendly co-workers and patient, understanding management. Abundant hours, with opportunities for advancement. Work is highly physically demanding and strenuous however, and often involves erratic work-hours and overnight shifts. Employees are expected to perform fill multiple roles, resulting in a very dynamic but occasionally very stressful workplace environment. Precarious high-ladder work often required of employees. Not for those with low stamina, poor balance, or other health problems.
Very busy store
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 13, 2015
They have a very lengthy hiring process that seems to never end. Way too many managers makes the job really difficult since all of them have different ideas and they do not agree among them.
part time job
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 18, 2015
i was hired at the busy season for christmas as a part times sales rep.
fun part about this job was i was able to learn alot about kitchen gadgets and other accessories for kitchen and bath .
The work environment was very plesant to work in
Receiver (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 4, 2015
i enjoyed working there it felt like a family working there. Everyone helped each other out. I work there again. The work experience helped me out in other fields of the work world
Hard Work and Professional
Coop placement (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJune 29, 2015
* Organized and managed a neat and safe work area
* Assisted customers, providing friendly customer service
* Maintained stock inventory
Great place to work at, great hours and good work.
Sales Associate, Shipper / Receiver (Former Employee), Taunton RoadMay 19, 2015
Pros: Great co workers and work enviroment
My typical day when I worked at Kitchen Stuff Plus was a sales associate and shipper/receiver. I would rather be on the floor helping customers or in the back stocking and supplying.
? I was just left wondering.
Cashier, stocking, greeter, demos (Former Employee), Stoney Creek, ONJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: most of the people where great to work with.
Cons: just left wondering why.
I loved working with the people, and I worked a great deal, but found the manager of the store unwilling to face us and to let us know who would be staying as a permanent worker in the store. I did not know until it was the end of my last shift that I was not, but I was much appreciated, and maybe they would be calling me back, maybe the assistant manger said.
Great environment and good vibes
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: staff party, good pay, great staff
Cons: confusion and often overstocked items
Kitchen Stuff Plus was a great place to work at, great co-workers and environment. I enjoyed helping customers and looking forward to work each day. The most enjoyable thing I liked about working there was seeing who needed help on the floor, restocking and keeping the visual displays, eye-popping and just enjoying lunch with the people you love working with. The management tried their very best to keep the customers and their employees happy, was always approachable and cool to talk and joke around with. But when it's time to work everyone got serious. Hardest thing about working at KSP was handling many customers at a time even when nobody was available on the floor. Overall, KSP was a fun place to work at. I had my ups and downs.
Fun place to work
Lead/Head cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 28, 2014
Pros: great gift ideas
Cons: not consistant hours
Depending on the shift I would punch in and have a meeting with the Manager On Duty and the Head Cashier
THE WORST JOB EVER
Sales associate (Current Employee), orfusDecember 11, 2014
At KSP they just overwork you. And the Management don't respect the workers as individuals.
Friendly environment focused on customer service and retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 4, 2014
Pros: discounts for employees and scheduled breaks
Cons: inconsistent schedule
Healthy environment that had lots of inventory, changing monthly with the store set up and products, made it interesting and challenging to work there. You have scheduled breaks and are encouraged to help the customers rather than focus only on stocking. Working with ladders and lifting heavy objects may be quite physically demanding.
The team was great to work with and helped make every day a positive experince
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, OntAugust 12, 2014
Every day I was able to provide excellence customer service to all of our customers. I enjoyed leading the great team we had and I was able to sell product I loved and believed in.
Retailer in Canada
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 12, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: must work christmas day.
This job was a good entry for me into Toronto when I moved.

As an Assistant Manager there were many tasks to take care of and responsibility to hold! My feeling is that this company focuses more on its small beginning then its potential growth.

In the time I was there Kitchen Stuff Plus opened 4 new locations and closed 3 old ones. This company gave me the impression of growth but fell short.

I made a choice to move on, and take a role where I could use my natural skills to more benefit my life.
A fun workplace but difficult for advancement
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 2, 2014
Kitchen Stuff Plus is a good working environment that has many challenges. The people there are what make it however since being a smaller company, it is difficult for advancement.