Kitchen Stuff Plus Employee Reviews in Canada

Good Co-Workers,low Pay
Reciever (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 22, 2016
Good work/life balance
very low pay and no benefits
overall good to keep this job if you are desperate . high turnover rate of management
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Almost everything
Kitchen Stuff Plus HEARTLAND
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 13, 2015
The staff was the only reason I stayed with this retailer in this specific location, almost everyone is always helpful and fun. Management is okay, you deal with BS every once in a while but I think that is in every workplace! Very thankful to them for hiring me with no experience whatsoever! Glad to have worked there.
Pros
Staff at the Heartland Town Centre / Mississauga location!
Cons
Long hours, small pay. As well as only one 45 minute break.
Self improvement in terms of interaction and fun place to work.
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 9, 2016
Friendly and nice co-workers and management is good. Fair treatment of each individual. Work is fun. Enjoy working with different kinds of individual both co- workers and customers. Learning while enjoying the work and task assigned. Good thing with the job is improvement of ones interrelationship with new and old acquaintances and self improvement in the way to interact with different people on different situations and circumstances.
Working at Kitchen Stuff Plus warehouse
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  125 Tycos DriveDecember 24, 2015
Working at the warehouse for Kitchen Stuff Plus has been a worthwhile experience for me. I have been working with this employer for over 1 year now. I started as a seasonal employee and then quickly got moved up to a regular employee almost immediately. The work has been great but the work hours have failed to live up to the work environment. I had my hours cut repeatedly due to low sales and company cutbacks. It was not until the Christmas Season came around that I had my hours pick up again to full-time hours. Other than this, the company has been great to work for and I fell in love with my job as Order Picker. I just hope that my hours don't get cut in the future.
Pros
Great Work environmment
Cons
not enough working hours during the "dead" season
Active, engaging workplace environment with friendly co-workers and supportive, understanding management.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 25, 2015
Active, engaging workplace environment with friendly co-workers and patient, understanding management. Abundant hours, with opportunities for advancement. Work is highly physically demanding and strenuous however, and often involves erratic work-hours and overnight shifts. Employees are expected to perform fill multiple roles, resulting in a very dynamic but occasionally very stressful workplace environment. Precarious high-ladder work often required of employees. Not for those with low stamina, poor balance, or other health problems.
Pros
Active, engaging workplace environment, friendly co-workers, supportive and understanding management, high availability of hours and opportunities for advancement, very physically active.
Cons
Very physically demanding work, erratic and often difficult hours, minimum wage.
Overall Review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 22, 2016
This job was a great experience into the world of retail management. i gain a lot of experience working with customers, like dealing with conflicts working with people with disabilities. the place had a open friendly environment
Easy job, Bad management
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 22, 2013
- Typical day at work consists of customer service, stocking, merchandising.

- I learned a lot at KSP. Product knowledge is good.

- Management is very inconsistent. Through the coarse of the 4 years I have been employed at this company, I have had over 20(If not, more) different managers come and go.

-Co-workers are good and fun to work with if they work hard. Seasonal staff are always on and off.

- The hardest part of the job is the physical aspect. Heavy boxes to lift, Heavy ladders, easy to get injured, Developed seasonal allergies because store is so dusty and has no ventilation.

- The customer clientele is one of the most enjoyable parts of the job.
Pros
locations are accessible if you take public transit, parking if you drive, good discount, good products.
Cons
vacation "pay" is paid out to you every paycheck, very hard on body, pay is very low, no benefits (even if full time), inconsistency with management, over worked under payed.
Excellent work place
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Although I was hired for the Christmas rush I really felt like I was a part of the team. Management and the other staff really made me feel welcomed. Hours were very flexable and management was willing to accommodate when needed.
Pros
Flexable hours
Fun workplace with a good wage and great management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, OntarioOctober 6, 2013
For the short seasonal time I was at Kitchen Stuff Plus I was happy with what I saw. People of all cultures (both KSP employee's and customers) were treated with respect and where helped whenever required it. Employees were praised for doing a great job and I myself was given several "job well done" cards which was put in a raffle. The environment was relaxed even on those very busy days. I was always very friendly to customers and they always got what they came in for. If not the item was ordered. They have very good safety regulations which is great because I had to use very high ladders. The prices were always solid and there was always a sale going on which made the majority of the customers happy. My most enjoyable part of the job was working with great co workers and helping customers find what they need. The most difficult part of the job was carrying the ladders around. Some could be rather heavy but after a week or so I got used to it and was carrying the ladders all over the place.
Pros
great co workers/managers, discounts on store items, flexible hours, treated with respect
Cons
seasonal only
overall a friendly place to work for
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 28, 2012
Overall, just like most retail jobs, you come in to work to sell products. The company is LGBT friendly, and coaches you on product knowledge and all procedures required for daily operation.

the team members are great, everyone is friendly, and supportive.

the place is not great for pay, and the structure for raise is minimal. Granted that this is a small business that is still growing, but you'd expect a bit more from the company that wants the best in the field.
Pros
great team, friendly environment, adequate training
Cons
low pay
Good company
Sales associate, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONOctober 23, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management, didn't enjoy it very munch very slow paced and boring, great learning experience!
Pros
close by
Cons
wasn't my own boss
Good part time job
Retail Staff (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONDecember 19, 2015
KSP is a good work environment for a part time job, depending on the staff that you work with and the managers that you work under.
Small retail chain with focus on devoloping staff from within.
Director of Receiving - Operations Management (Former Employee) –  TorontoNovember 28, 2013
I covered all the stores in the GTA, spent my time working with Managers on their daily routines, projects and troubleshooting. I learned to be responsible for a team of Managers and keep them focused on their objectives. I learned to budget and plan through each month the product required at the stores, the labour costs, and the supply chain management through the distribuition centre. The hardest part of the job was delivering results amidst competing priorities, ie; Xmas rush meant higher quantities being delivered to the stores, vs. Setup for large pre-Xmas warehouse sales. The most enjoyable part of the job was coaching Managers and assisting them in dealing with the daily obstacles, teaching them to improve their abilities.
Pros
constant project management kept me energized.
Cons
long hours, weekends.
Great environment and good vibes
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 6, 2015
Kitchen Stuff Plus was a great place to work at, great co-workers and environment. I enjoyed helping customers and looking forward to work each day. The most enjoyable thing I liked about working there was seeing who needed help on the floor, restocking and keeping the visual displays, eye-popping and just enjoying lunch with the people you love working with. The management tried their very best to keep the customers and their employees happy, was always approachable and cool to talk and joke around with. But when it's time to work everyone got serious. Hardest thing about working at KSP was handling many customers at a time even when nobody was available on the floor. Overall, KSP was a fun place to work at. I had my ups and downs.
Pros
staff party, good pay, great staff
Cons
confusion and often overstocked items
Very busy store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 13, 2015
They have a very lengthy hiring process that seems to never end. Way too many managers makes the job really difficult since all of them have different ideas and they do not agree among them.
part time job
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 18, 2015
i was hired at the busy season for christmas as a part times sales rep.
fun part about this job was i was able to learn alot about kitchen gadgets and other accessories for kitchen and bath .
Did not care for this job
Employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 9, 2014
The attitude of the majority of employees is disrespectful and degrading. The pay is low for the amount of overtime work hours required. Overall, not a pleasant experience.
Cons
long hours, low pay, poor management
The work environment was very plesant to work in
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 4, 2015
i enjoyed working there it felt like a family working there. Everyone helped each other out. I work there again. The work experience helped me out in other fields of the work world
Organized, productive, and friendly work environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orfus Rd, Toronto, ONApril 2, 2014
A typical day at work involved a fast-paced mixture of facing, cleaning, restocking, and aiding in customer requests.

I learned a lot about the store history, working in a retail environment, how to go out of my way to help customers and make them happy.

My coworkers were a joy to be around. They were always cheerful, friendly, and there was always someone in the break room to share a laugh or two with to relax during break from a busy work environment.

I thoroughly enjoyed interacting with customers and helping them find what they needed. Seeing the smiles on their faces when they received the item that they needed was rewarding. I also enjoyed talking to my managers and coworkers about interesting topics that we shared in common. It made the work environment feel less like a work environment and made me feel more at home.
Pros
friendly staff and management
Above average
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, OntarioFebruary 1, 2014
A typical day at Kitchen Stuff Pus consists of me processing customer transactions at cash, Blocking, Stiping my section of the store so it looks nice, stocking the shelf's and lastly helping customers. I learned much more about kitchen,home and bath items. The management for majority of the time was very solid. The head manager had the occasional anger issue but he was otherwise a pretty great manager. My coworkers for the most part were awesome and I am still to this day friends with some of them. The hardest part of my job was definitly putting the occasional furniture that the customer requested. I am not the greatest at building things so I found that aspect the most difficult. The most enjoyable part of my job was to interact with customers and make them happy.
Pros
great discount, easy to get used to, great coworkers
Cons
angry manager, minimum wage, lots of product to know

2.7