Kitchen Stuff Plus

Kitchen Stuff Plus Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Friendly environment focused on customer service and retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 4, 2014
Pros: discounts for employees and scheduled breaks
Cons: inconsistent schedule
Healthy environment that had lots of inventory, changing monthly with the store set up and products, made it interesting and challenging to work there. You have scheduled breaks and are encouraged to help the customers rather than focus only on stocking. Working with ladders and lifting heavy objects may be quite physically demanding.
The team was great to work with and helped make every day a positive experince
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, OntAugust 12, 2014
Every day I was able to provide excellence customer service to all of our customers. I enjoyed leading the great team we had and I was able to sell product I loved and believed in.
Retailer in Canada
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 12, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: must work christmas day.
This job was a good entry for me into Toronto when I moved.

As an Assistant Manager there were many tasks to take care of and responsibility to hold! My feeling is that this company focuses more on its small beginning then its potential growth.

In the time I was there Kitchen Stuff Plus opened 4 new locations and closed 3 old ones. This company gave – more... me the impression of growth but fell short.

I made a choice to move on, and take a role where I could use my natural skills to more benefit my life. – less
A fun workplace but difficult for advancement
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 2, 2014
Kitchen Stuff Plus is a good working environment that has many challenges. The people there are what make it however since being a smaller company, it is difficult for advancement.
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 30, 2014
the typical work at Kitchen Stuff is being ok is almost continuous and busy

I learned everything there, like for example:
*How to receive Purchase Orders (Domestic or Container) step-by-step procedures
*How to Checked and Shipped Transfer Orders by Store Numbers
*how also to order and Picked Store Transfers

*the most enjoyable part of the job is the – more... receiving Purchase Orders, because i learned a lot and it's not boring to do – less
Organized, productive, and friendly work environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orfus Rd, Toronto, ONApril 2, 2014
Pros: friendly staff and management
A typical day at work involved a fast-paced mixture of facing, cleaning, restocking, and aiding in customer requests.

I learned a lot about the store history, working in a retail environment, how to go out of my way to help customers and make them happy.

My coworkers were a joy to be around. They were always cheerful, friendly, and there was always – more... someone in the break room to share a laugh or two with to relax during break from a busy work environment.

I thoroughly enjoyed interacting with customers and helping them find what they needed. Seeing the smiles on their faces when they received the item that they needed was rewarding. I also enjoyed talking to my managers and coworkers about interesting topics that we shared in common. It made the work environment feel less like a work environment and made me feel more at home. – less
anything
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Yonge and Hywe 7March 30, 2014
Pros: not important
Cons: 40
.To deal with customers and learned that i can't deal with them and not taking personal .I never had a problem with the management we are a good team but i just wants to do something else .
A good place for some experience
Head Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 20, 2014
It is a typical retail work environment. At times it can become very boring and repetitive however its a good place to get some experience.
I learned a lot at this company.
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONMarch 13, 2014
Pros: opportunity for learning was always available.
Cons: getting to know good people who were then transferred to other locations.
Every day was great for me! I had a great Director. The Director was a team leader and I learned everything that I could. I worked in a fast paced environment and really enjoyed it.
Good
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pickering, ONFebruary 3, 2014
Good, fun, seasonal job.
Great training, good product knowledge.
Above average
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Etobicoke, OntarioFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: great discount, easy to get used to, great coworkers
Cons: angry manager, minimum wage, lots of product to know
A typical day at Kitchen Stuff Pus consists of me processing customer transactions at cash, Blocking, Stiping my section of the store so it looks nice, stocking the shelf's and lastly helping customers. I learned much more about kitchen,home and bath items. The management for majority of the time was very solid. The head manager had the occasional anger – more... issue but he was otherwise a pretty great manager. My coworkers for the most part were awesome and I am still to this day friends with some of them. The hardest part of my job was definitly putting the occasional furniture that the customer requested. I am not the greatest at building things so I found that aspect the most difficult. The most enjoyable part of my job was to interact with customers and make them happy. – less
Did not care for this job
Employee (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 9, 2014
Cons: long hours, low pay, poor management
The attitude of the majority of employees is disrespectful and degrading. The pay is low for the amount of overtime work hours required. Overall, not a pleasant experience.
Management is terrible
Sales Associate & Receiver (Former Employee), Scarborough, OntarioJanuary 4, 2014
Cons: management
faced paced environment
learned about the products on display
management is terrible they are unorganized.
co-workers were awesome, some were lazy
most enjoyable part of job was helping customers find what they were looking for
Typical job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 17, 2013
-customer service
-cash
-be confident
-manager is good
-good coworkers
-great teamwork
Small retail chain with focus on devoloping staff from within.
Director of Receiving - Operations Management (Former Employee), TorontoNovember 28, 2013
Pros: constant project management kept me energized.
Cons: long hours, weekends.
I covered all the stores in the GTA, spent my time working with Managers on their daily routines, projects and troubleshooting. I learned to be responsible for a team of Managers and keep them focused on their objectives. I learned to budget and plan through each month the product required at the stores, the labour costs, and the supply chain management – more... through the distribuition centre. The hardest part of the job was delivering results amidst competing priorities, ie; Xmas rush meant higher quantities being delivered to the stores, vs. Setup for large pre-Xmas warehouse sales. The most enjoyable part of the job was coaching Managers and assisting them in dealing with the daily obstacles, teaching them to improve their abilities. – less
Fun workplace with a good wage and great management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Etobicoke, OntarioOctober 6, 2013
Pros: great co workers/managers, discounts on store items, flexible hours, treated with respect
Cons: seasonal only
For the short seasonal time I was at Kitchen Stuff Plus I was happy with what I saw. People of all cultures (both KSP employee's and customers) were treated with respect and where helped whenever required it. Employees were praised for doing a great job and I myself was given several "job well done" cards which was put in a raffle. The environment was – more... relaxed even on those very busy days. I was always very friendly to customers and they always got what they came in for. If not the item was ordered. They have very good safety regulations which is great because I had to use very high ladders. The prices were always solid and there was always a sale going on which made the majority of the customers happy. My most enjoyable part of the job was working with great co workers and helping customers find what they need. The most difficult part of the job was carrying the ladders around. Some could be rather heavy but after a week or so I got used to it and was carrying the ladders all over the place. – less
ok
Cashier / Sales Associate (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONSeptember 5, 2013
stocking cleaning working cash and merchandising. i learned not much as i have been in the customer service industry a lot. the management was horrible rude and not professional what so ever. co- workers were amazing it was what kept me there.
Easy job, Bad management
sales associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 22, 2013
Pros: locations are accessible if you take public transit, parking if you drive, good discount, good products.
Cons: vacation "pay" is paid out to you every paycheck, very hard on body, pay is very low, no benefits (even if full time), inconsistency with management, over worked under payed.
- Typical day at work consists of customer service, stocking, merchandising.

- I learned a lot at KSP. Product knowledge is good.

- Management is very inconsistent. Through the coarse of the 4 years I have been employed at this company, I have had over 20(If not, more) different managers come and go.

-Co-workers are good and fun to work with if they – more... work hard. Seasonal staff are always on and off.

- The hardest part of the job is the physical aspect. Heavy boxes to lift, Heavy ladders, easy to get injured, Developed seasonal allergies because store is so dusty and has no ventilation.

- The customer clientele is one of the most enjoyable parts of the job. – less
Fast paced environment, Nice people
Shipper/ Receiver (Former Employee), 650 Matheson Blvd.August 21, 2013
Typical day included various tasks such as picking and packing transfers, receiving purchase orders, and taking in any incoming purchase orders. I used basic math to count various orders and my linguistic skills have improved just from interacting with customers. Management always offered help in anyway they could but often put strenuous pressure on – more... other parts of the team or on the time frame that they would want a certain task done. The hardest part of my job was to "overstock" items above the sales floor on a ladder. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping customers find what they needed. – less
strong teamwork and management skills approved
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONApril 10, 2013
Pros: work environment
All the work done need to be managed effectively.
It is important to deal with group of people and learn how to work effectively. The hardest part is to know how to be safety when you work. With the lovely environment, my value was accomplished. That is the most enjoyable part of the job.