Kitchen Stuff Plus Employee Reviews

Staff treated as if they don't have the ability to think for themselves
Whatever (Former Employee) –  Cloverdale, ON21 January 2018
My coworkers were the best part of this place.

Management style is 1960's. Could be an exceptional place for the 21st century if they got rid of the dinosaurs that still work there.

They are out of step with today's retail

The 5 non-negotiobables are straight out of the 1950's!!
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Head office and their archaic thinking.
Great high School Work Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON13 January 2018
Great position for high school students and more experienced employees as well, however just very difficult to be accommodated during exam or testing periods as far as scheduling goes and the hours weren't the greatest during school nights.
Great staff, not so great higher management support.
Shift Leader/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Durham Region, ON4 January 2018
I worked my way up through the company but once I moved up in positions it took almost 4 months for my pay to increase and had to fight for retro pay to compensate for the 4 months missed, it took a year an a half to receive benefits and once received was denied general health benefits and denied the coverage of my common law boyfriend of 6 years and when questioned about being denied it was blamed on me. I enjoy working with the sales associates and the employees at that location but when it came time to communicate with head office it was IMPOSSIBLE.
Pros
Very friendly and happy staff
Cons
Non-communicating Head Office employees
Had perks but unsatisfactory working experience
Picker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 December 2017
While the work experience was somewhat educational and beneficial to my abilities as a employee, I often felt very intimidated by the higher ups 0/10 wouldn't recommend working here
Pros
Cons
a lot
good environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON20 November 2017
Everyone who works here is open-minded and very team oriented. No one tries to step over you, it's more of a helping environment where everyone's trying to ensure your success. The management was a bit chaotic.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
poor organization
Seasonal Work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON30 October 2017
I worked during the Christmas season, it was easy to get hours which is great if you want to make money fast, I worked pretty well 7 days a week, on my days off I would be on call and get called in each time
Pros
Easy to get hours
Cons
Stressful Environment
Average workplace
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 October 2017
A mostly positive work environment, good training and oppurtunities to do warehouse and tent sales to try other things. Business should upgrade computers and systems to make things more efficient.
A lot of stuff to do, decent management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 October 2017
The managers do expect a lot from you. They're nice but at times they aren't as well. I liked how they gave me hours and gave you more opportunities to work.
Great potential - lacklustre performance
Supervisor/ASM/Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 October 2017
The stores are very close knit teams with lots of cross-company competition. Unfortunately there is a large communication gap between those who run the company from Head Office and those who work in store. They advertise that they are a great company with lots of room for advancement - however there is only one career path available. Store Associate > Shift Leader > Assistant Manger > Store Manager.

There is no availability for growing in a different direction.
Pros
great discount.
Cons
lack of communication / unreal expectations.
Productive environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 September 2017
In my one year working experience at Kitchen Stuff Plus, I developed many useful skills such as multi tasking and providing exceptional customer services as well as merchandising.
Laid back culture, limited security in the pop-ups
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON22 September 2017
Team is nice, but security with it being a pop up is limited The days are a little slow but truck nice are fun. Also the culture is laid back and a nice change to some other jobs.
viewing new item
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON15 September 2017
My working experiences at Kitchen Stuff Plus was short but informative. My typical day was working in the high end appliances and ensuring my area was stocked and cleaned. The hardest part of the job was standing and trying to look busy if all my tasks where complete.
Sad Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON2 August 2017
Upper Management and training manager were a complete joke. They wanted work to be your life and you were scared to ask for time off. The Training Manager and DM always pointed fingers at each other like as if they hated each other-not role models to any of the employees what so ever. They hire people who if you don't buy the DM lunches you never get to move up in the company. Friends of friends get hired and moves up in the company and the hard working Assistant Managers or Managers get stuck where they are. Too many promises are made and it's all broken. Upper management fails to realize that they cannot pressure their employees if sales goals are not met, it's uncomfortable and brings the morale down. They need to take a class on how to speak to people. The DM is too afraid to confront her employees and puts pressure on the Manager to speak to their employees. The Owner never showed an interest in meeting his employees-the people who bring in his money. There were never any incentive and you worked hard like a race horse, they put too many stores close together to compete with each other so sales budget is hard to hit and they don't alter the budgets. Your co-workers at store level were your support because they were the ones who listened. The pay was low for what they expected you to do. Worst move was leaving my old job for this place. Glad I left and hope the next job I have is way better.
Pros
Co-workers, close to home
Cons
Poor management, low pay, horrible products, poor store operations
Difficult and unhappy experience
Employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 July 2017
The products are not great, I was so unhappy while working with the company. I am so happy to be moving on. Increases are extremely low. I would recommend looking elsewhere.
The hardest part of the job
Sales Associate and Receiver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 July 2017
Being able to perform multiple tasks at once. You have to be able to multitasks as the job gets very busy at any location and being able to do customer service, cashier, stocker, janitor (in a way), can be difficult to keep up with and failing to do so could result in a failure or a lost in sales.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
long closing hours
welcoming and friendly work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON13 July 2017
While working at Kitchen Stuff Plus I learned a lot about customer service and developed skills needed to succeed in a retail environment. On a typical day I would be working as a cashier or out on the floor assisting customers.
Pros
Flexable working hours
Overall Good
FT Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North York, ON7 July 2017
Working at the Warehouse, I have regular 9am-5pm or 8am-4pm hours, Monday to Friday. Order picking, purchase orders, and packing. Easy enough, but can add up to a dull boring day. Management is good. Co workers are good. No complaints other than the company doesn't hire full time, except for management. So you're working full time hours at minimum wage with no benefits.
Pros
good working hours
Cons
only part time
Nice environment, friendly staff
Associate (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON4 July 2017
Great staff, the co-workers really make the time go by but outside of Christmas season and sales things can be pretty slow. Managers can be hit or miss.
Good entry level position
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2017
Good position for entry level workers. Flexible hours and days; business tends to be slow around January - June. Management friendly but not trained enough. Little room for advancement within the company. A typical day at work consists of assisting customers, lifting, ladder climbing, moving on your feet. The hardest part of the job is being heard by management regarding concerns in the workplace. The most enjoyable part is the diverse and friendly staff and client base.
A very well motivated team of staff with excellent managers. Learned alot about the workforce from here.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON6 May 2017
A very organized and balanced schedule. Managers were always nice and never put pressure on anyone to get something done. They always made sure you understand what to do no matter how many times they had to help. A very nice store to work at.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Store can be very busy at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kitchen Stuff Plus. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6