Kitchen Stuff Plus

Kitchen Stuff Plus Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
care
Assistant Receiving Manager (Former Employee), Oakville, ONMarch 7, 2015
• Involved in the careful order picking of products for transfer shipment to other KSP locations
• Responsible for processing damage claims made by customers, and then processing these claims to the vendors
• Involved in delivering KSP items from one location to other KSP locations
• Responsible for receiving new items that are shipped to the warehouse
• Involved in training new hires on the companies 8 step receiving process
• Responsible for inventory control and management to ensure the accuracy of the inventory amounts
? I was just left wondering.
Cashier, stocking, greeter, demos (Former Employee), Stoney Creek, ONJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: most of the people where great to work with.
Cons: just left wondering why.
I loved working with the people, and I worked a great deal, but found the manager of the store unwilling to face us and to let us know who would be staying as a permanent worker in the store. I did not know until it was the end of my last shift that I was not, but I was much appreciated, and maybe they would be calling me back, maybe the assistant manger said.
Great environment and good vibes
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: staff party, good pay, great staff
Cons: confusion and often overstocked items
Kitchen Stuff Plus was a great place to work at, great co-workers and environment. I enjoyed helping customers and looking forward to work each day. The most enjoyable thing I liked about working there was seeing who needed help on the floor, restocking and keeping the visual displays, eye-popping and just enjoying lunch with the people you love working with. The management tried their very best to keep the customers and their employees happy, was always approachable and cool to talk and joke around with. But when it's time to work everyone got serious. Hardest thing about working at KSP was handling many customers at a time even when nobody was available on the floor. Overall, KSP was a fun place to work at. I had my ups and downs.
Fun place to work
Lead/Head cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 28, 2014
Pros: great gift ideas
Cons: not consistant hours
Depending on the shift I would punch in and have a meeting with the Manager On Duty and the Head Cashier
THE WORST JOB EVER
Sales associate (Current Employee), orfusDecember 11, 2014
At KSP they just overwork you. And the Management don't respect the workers as individuals.
Friendly environment focused on customer service and retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 4, 2014
Pros: discounts for employees and scheduled breaks
Cons: inconsistent schedule
Healthy environment that had lots of inventory, changing monthly with the store set up and products, made it interesting and challenging to work there. You have scheduled breaks and are encouraged to help the customers rather than focus only on stocking. Working with ladders and lifting heavy objects may be quite physically demanding.
The team was great to work with and helped make every day a positive experince
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, OntAugust 12, 2014
Every day I was able to provide excellence customer service to all of our customers. I enjoyed leading the great team we had and I was able to sell product I loved and believed in.
Retailer in Canada
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 12, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: must work christmas day.
This job was a good entry for me into Toronto when I moved.

As an Assistant Manager there were many tasks to take care of and responsibility to hold! My feeling is that this company focuses more on its small beginning then its potential growth.

In the time I was there Kitchen Stuff Plus opened 4 new locations and closed 3 old ones. This company gave me the impression of growth but fell short.

I made a choice to move on, and take a role where I could use my natural skills to more benefit my life.
A fun workplace but difficult for advancement
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 2, 2014
Kitchen Stuff Plus is a good working environment that has many challenges. The people there are what make it however since being a smaller company, it is difficult for advancement.
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 30, 2014
the typical work at Kitchen Stuff is being ok is almost continuous and busy

I learned everything there, like for example:
*How to receive Purchase Orders (Domestic or Container) step-by-step procedures
*How to Checked and Shipped Transfer Orders by Store Numbers
*how also to order and Picked Store Transfers

*the most enjoyable part of the job is the receiving Purchase Orders, because i learned a lot and it's not boring to do
Organized, productive, and friendly work environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orfus Rd, Toronto, ONApril 2, 2014
Pros: friendly staff and management
A typical day at work involved a fast-paced mixture of facing, cleaning, restocking, and aiding in customer requests.

I learned a lot about the store history, working in a retail environment, how to go out of my way to help customers and make them happy.

My coworkers were a joy to be around. They were always cheerful, friendly, and there was always someone in the break room to share a laugh or two with to relax during break from a busy work environment.

I thoroughly enjoyed interacting with customers and helping them find what they needed. Seeing the smiles on their faces when they received the item that they needed was rewarding. I also enjoyed talking to my managers and coworkers about interesting topics that we shared in common. It made the work environment feel less like a work environment and made me feel more at home.
anything
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Yonge and Hywe 7March 30, 2014
Pros: not important
Cons: 40
.To deal with customers and learned that i can't deal with them and not taking personal .I never had a problem with the management we are a good team but i just wants to do something else .
A good place for some experience
Head Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 20, 2014
It is a typical retail work environment. At times it can become very boring and repetitive however its a good place to get some experience.
I learned a lot at this company.
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONMarch 13, 2014
Pros: opportunity for learning was always available.
Cons: getting to know good people who were then transferred to other locations.
Every day was great for me! I had a great Director. The Director was a team leader and I learned everything that I could. I worked in a fast paced environment and really enjoyed it.
Good
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pickering, ONFebruary 3, 2014
Good, fun, seasonal job.
Great training, good product knowledge.
Above average
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Etobicoke, OntarioFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: great discount, easy to get used to, great coworkers
Cons: angry manager, minimum wage, lots of product to know
A typical day at Kitchen Stuff Pus consists of me processing customer transactions at cash, Blocking, Stiping my section of the store so it looks nice, stocking the shelf's and lastly helping customers. I learned much more about kitchen,home and bath items. The management for majority of the time was very solid. The head manager had the occasional anger issue but he was otherwise a pretty great manager. My coworkers for the most part were awesome and I am still to this day friends with some of them. The hardest part of my job was definitly putting the occasional furniture that the customer requested. I am not the greatest at building things so I found that aspect the most difficult. The most enjoyable part of my job was to interact with customers and make them happy.
Did not care for this job
Employee (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 9, 2014
Cons: long hours, low pay, poor management
The attitude of the majority of employees is disrespectful and degrading. The pay is low for the amount of overtime work hours required. Overall, not a pleasant experience.
Management is terrible
Sales Associate & Receiver (Former Employee), Scarborough, OntarioJanuary 4, 2014
Cons: management
faced paced environment
learned about the products on display
management is terrible they are unorganized.
co-workers were awesome, some were lazy
most enjoyable part of job was helping customers find what they were looking for
Typical job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 17, 2013
-customer service
-cash
-be confident
-manager is good
-good coworkers
-great teamwork
Small retail chain with focus on devoloping staff from within.
Director of Receiving - Operations Management (Former Employee), TorontoNovember 28, 2013
Pros: constant project management kept me energized.
Cons: long hours, weekends.
I covered all the stores in the GTA, spent my time working with Managers on their daily routines, projects and troubleshooting. I learned to be responsible for a team of Managers and keep them focused on their objectives. I learned to budget and plan through each month the product required at the stores, the labour costs, and the supply chain management through the distribuition centre. The hardest part of the job was delivering results amidst competing priorities, ie; Xmas rush meant higher quantities being delivered to the stores, vs. Setup for large pre-Xmas warehouse sales. The most enjoyable part of the job was coaching Managers and assisting them in dealing with the daily obstacles, teaching them to improve their abilities.