Kitchen Stuff Plus Employee Reviews

Sad Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON2 August 2017
Upper Management and training manager were a complete joke. They wanted work to be your life and you were scared to ask for time off. The Training Manager and DM always pointed fingers at each other like as if they hated each other-not role models to any of the employees what so ever. They hire people who if you don't buy the DM lunches you never get to move up in the company. Friends of friends get hired and moves up in the company and the hard working Assistant Managers or Managers get stuck where they are. Too many promises are made and it's all broken. Upper management fails to realize that they cannot pressure their employees if sales goals are not met, it's uncomfortable and brings the morale down. They need to take a class on how to speak to people. The DM is too afraid to confront her employees and puts pressure on the Manager to speak to their employees. The Owner never showed an interest in meeting his employees-the people who bring in his money. There were never any incentive and you worked hard like a race horse, they put too many stores close together to compete with each other so sales budget is hard to hit and they don't alter the budgets. Your co-workers at store level were your support because they were the ones who listened. The pay was low for what they expected you to do. Worst move was leaving my old job for this place. Glad I left and hope the next job I have is way better.
Pros
Co-workers, close to home
Cons
Poor management, low pay, horrible products, poor store operations
Difficult and unhappy experience
Employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 July 2017
The products are not great, I was so unhappy while working with the company. I am so happy to be moving on. Increases are extremely low. I would recommend looking elsewhere.
welcoming and friendly work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON13 July 2017
While working at Kitchen Stuff Plus I learned a lot about customer service and developed skills needed to succeed in a retail environment. On a typical day I would be working as a cashier or out on the floor assisting customers.
Pros
Flexable working hours
Overall Good
FT Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North York, ON7 July 2017
Working at the Warehouse, I have regular 9am-5pm or 8am-4pm hours, Monday to Friday. Order picking, purchase orders, and packing. Easy enough, but can add up to a dull boring day. Management is good. Co workers are good. No complaints other than the company doesn't hire full time, except for management. So you're working full time hours at minimum wage with no benefits.
Pros
good working hours
Cons
only part time
Nice environment, friendly staff
Associate (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON4 July 2017
Great staff, the co-workers really make the time go by but outside of Christmas season and sales things can be pretty slow. Managers can be hit or miss.
Good entry level position
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2017
Good position for entry level workers. Flexible hours and days; business tends to be slow around January - June. Management friendly but not trained enough. Little room for advancement within the company. A typical day at work consists of assisting customers, lifting, ladder climbing, moving on your feet. The hardest part of the job is being heard by management regarding concerns in the workplace. The most enjoyable part is the diverse and friendly staff and client base.
A very well motivated team of staff with excellent managers. Learned alot about the workforce from here.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON6 May 2017
A very organized and balanced schedule. Managers were always nice and never put pressure on anyone to get something done. They always made sure you understand what to do no matter how many times they had to help. A very nice store to work at.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Store can be very busy at times
Proactive, fun and friendly work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON2 May 2017
Overall, KSP was a great company to work and had a great workplace culture. It was easy to talk to everyone in the workplace and everyone was always will to help and it is a real environment to grow and build your retail skills. My only issues with the company was what happened to many of the employees when the store closed a month earlier then we were originally informed.
Pros
great work environment
Employee's are fun, culture and management not so fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON20 April 2017
The company policies are not ideal, with oncalls (you MIGHT work if they need you, you can't decline an oncall shift), as well as odd policies that hinder effectiveness.
Pros
Good Employees
Cons
So-so management
Excellent Place to Work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON31 March 2017
KSP was my first job, and it was an amazing experience. I was well trained, and treated with respect and patience. I couldn't ask for a better first job. I wish that this wasn't seasonal, because I would have loved to have stayed on board.
Pros
Friendly, knowledgable staff.
Cons
Pay isn't great, but it's on par with other retail places
A fun time
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON28 March 2017
When I worked here I felt like I could ask anyone anything and they wouldn't mind. It was always very joyful around, no one seemed miserable and a very friendly environment.
management
Processor, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2017
this place they were all about making them look good and take all the credits for what other employees have done. they also let the good employees leave and then keep the ones that don't do there job correctly.
Nice Workplace
Canada - Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON28 March 2017
It was very busy, and I learned how to work under pressure and in a fast moving environment. Management was very helpful and the training was very informative.
Workplace Culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 March 2017
I only worked there for a month but everyone was so supportive and willing to show me the rope. Was enjoyable to go into work everyday. Everyone was welcoming and kind.
lots of issues
Former Head office empolyee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2017
I worked at KSP for many years in Senior Management.. At one time seemed like a great company to work for. Things changed. Owner was very difficult to work with. Was never given positive feedback and growth slowed down. Some employees were great to work with and learn from but by the time I left, most were gone. Pay was not very good and increases were very modest, if you were lucky enough to get one. Virtually no Health and Safety. Surprised they have not been shut down by the ministry of labour. Lots of promises by the owner were made, which none were kept. Glad for the time I worked at KSP, even more glad I'm no longer working for them.
Pros
discount
Cons
no compensation for working 6 days a week for at least 6 months. very unprofessional place to work
Kitchen Stuff Plus
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 February 2017
They take advantage of seasonal employees here.Often your work efforts are not recognized, although there is tons of work to be done.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2017
Great place to work. Nice and small and quiet environment. I only left because I was getting back into my last year of high school and wanted to focus on improving my grades.
Great customer service experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON23 January 2017
The company provided me with a great customer service experience. The management team is amazing, they provide a clear feedback on your work and treat you the way it is supposed to be.
Okay employer
Sales (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON31 December 2016
Easy work on the slow days, but once Christmas approaches, it gets very stressful. Co-workers are amazing people, but management needs to be more consistent. Most enjoyable part of the job are the great customers you talk to. Little room for advancement. Raises are practically pennies.
Loved this place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 September 2016
Only supposed to be there for a seasonal job but the work was fun. Really enjoyed talki g to coworkers and customers. Christnas tome is hectic but always had fun interacting with everyone. Management was a blast and always made me laugh.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kitchen Stuff Plus. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6