Kitchen Stuff Plus Employee Reviews

A very well motivated team of staff with excellent managers. Learned alot about the workforce from here.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON6 May 2017
A very organized and balanced schedule. Managers were always nice and never put pressure on anyone to get something done. They always made sure you understand what to do no matter how many times they had to help. A very nice store to work at.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Store can be very busy at times
Proactive, fun and friendly work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON2 May 2017
Overall, KSP was a great company to work and had a great workplace culture. It was easy to talk to everyone in the workplace and everyone was always will to help and it is a real environment to grow and build your retail skills. My only issues with the company was what happened to many of the employees when the store closed a month earlier then we were originally informed.
Pros
great work environment
Employee's are fun, culture and management not so fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON20 April 2017
The company policies are not ideal, with oncalls (you MIGHT work if they need you, you can't decline an oncall shift), as well as odd policies that hinder effectiveness.
Pros
Good Employees
Cons
So-so management
Excellent Place to Work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON31 March 2017
KSP was my first job, and it was an amazing experience. I was well trained, and treated with respect and patience. I couldn't ask for a better first job. I wish that this wasn't seasonal, because I would have loved to have stayed on board.
Pros
Friendly, knowledgable staff.
Cons
Pay isn't great, but it's on par with other retail places
A fun time
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON28 March 2017
When I worked here I felt like I could ask anyone anything and they wouldn't mind. It was always very joyful around, no one seemed miserable and a very friendly environment.
management
Processor, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2017
this place they were all about making them look good and take all the credits for what other employees have done. they also let the good employees leave and then keep the ones that don't do there job correctly.
Nice Workplace
Canada - Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON28 March 2017
It was very busy, and I learned how to work under pressure and in a fast moving environment. Management was very helpful and the training was very informative.
Workplace Culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 March 2017
I only worked there for a month but everyone was so supportive and willing to show me the rope. Was enjoyable to go into work everyday. Everyone was welcoming and kind.
lots of issues
Former Head office empolyee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2017
I worked at KSP for many years in Senior Management.. At one time seemed like a great company to work for. Things changed. Owner was very difficult to work with. Was never given positive feedback and growth slowed down. Some employees were great to work with and learn from but by the time I left, most were gone. Pay was not very good and increases were very modest, if you were lucky enough to get one. Virtually no Health and Safety. Surprised they have not been shut down by the ministry of labour. Lots of promises by the owner were made, which none were kept. Glad for the time I worked at KSP, even more glad I'm no longer working for them.
Pros
discount
Cons
no compensation for working 6 days a week for at least 6 months. very unprofessional place to work
Kitchen Stuff Plus
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 February 2017
They take advantage of seasonal employees here.Often your work efforts are not recognized, although there is tons of work to be done.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2017
Great place to work. Nice and small and quiet environment. I only left because I was getting back into my last year of high school and wanted to focus on improving my grades.
Great customer service experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON23 January 2017
The company provided me with a great customer service experience. The management team is amazing, they provide a clear feedback on your work and treat you the way it is supposed to be.
Okay employer
Sales (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON31 December 2016
Easy work on the slow days, but once Christmas approaches, it gets very stressful. Co-workers are amazing people, but management needs to be more consistent. Most enjoyable part of the job are the great customers you talk to. Little room for advancement. Raises are practically pennies.
Loved this place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 September 2016
Only supposed to be there for a seasonal job but the work was fun. Really enjoyed talki g to coworkers and customers. Christnas tome is hectic but always had fun interacting with everyone. Management was a blast and always made me laugh.
Easy Going but always Challenging in a good way
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2016
Working at Kitchen Stuff Plus was always a pleasant experience. Colorful and very open environment always put me in a good mood to work, along with the excellent staff.
Working there taught me to better interact with customers and taught the value of giving a customer the optimal shopping experience.
starting from when a customer walks through the door until the very last minuet they leave the store, "the customer should allays come first". Management was always outstanding. Very flexible with hours, always organized with the scheduling and made a point in hosting monthly staff parties to keep our team happy and always entertained. Co-workers alike, were also outstanding. As new comer they were all more than willing to give me tips on how to handle certain in store issues, always looking at ways to improve the customer shopping experience and always eager to lend a helping hand. great people to work with. Working at Kitchen stuff Plus allowed me to really interact with customers on an all new level. Discussing certain products that would best suit them and their home was always something i enjoyed and was easily the most enjoyable part of the job while organizing inventory during seasonal holidays by far was the most challenging part of it all.
Meh.
Seasonal warehouse clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 July 2016
Warehouse work. Warehouse was organized, work was hard but easy to grasp and straightforward in nature.

Pay sucks, no perks that make the job worth it. Hours sucked and the warehouse is in the middle of west end industrial Toronto.

Boredom and a general stagnancy of the soul are what KSP's warehouse have to offer.

People are cool, but transient due to the nature of the work. Unloading thousands of pounds of Chinese made kitchen goods from a shipping container makes for good exercise.
Pros
Easy work, KSP staff discount.
Cons
Everything else.
Self improvement in terms of interaction and fun place to work.
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 June 2016
Friendly and nice co-workers and management is good. Fair treatment of each individual. Work is fun. Enjoy working with different kinds of individual both co- workers and customers. Learning while enjoying the work and task assigned. Good thing with the job is improvement of ones interrelationship with new and old acquaintances and self improvement in the way to interact with different people on different situations and circumstances.
Overall Review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 April 2016
This job was a great experience into the world of retail management. i gain a lot of experience working with customers, like dealing with conflicts working with people with disabilities. the place had a open friendly environment
Learning more each day, would like more hours
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2016
Enjoy working there and the people. Like learning about the products. Like working on cash meeting the customers. I believe the Management is fare.
Good Co-Workers,low Pay
Reciever (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 January 2016
Good work/life balance
very low pay and no benefits
overall good to keep this job if you are desperate . high turnover rate of management
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Almost everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kitchen Stuff Plus. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6