Kitchen Stuff Plus Employee Reviews

lots of issues
Former Head office empolyee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2017
I worked at KSP for many years in Senior Management.. At one time seemed like a great company to work for. Things changed. Owner was very difficult to work with. Was never given positive feedback and growth slowed down. Some employees were great to work with and learn from but by the time I left, most were gone. Pay was not very good and increases were very modest, if you were lucky enough to get one. Virtually no Health and Safety. Surprised they have not been shut down by the ministry of labour. Lots of promises by the owner were made, which none were kept. Glad for the time I worked at KSP, even more glad I'm no longer working for them.
Pros
discount
Cons
no compensation for working 6 days a week for at least 6 months. very unprofessional place to work
Okay employer
Sales (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON31 December 2016
Easy work on the slow days, but once Christmas approaches, it gets very stressful. Co-workers are amazing people, but management needs to be more consistent. Most enjoyable part of the job are the great customers you talk to. Little room for advancement. Raises are practically pennies.
Great customer service experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON23 January 2017
The company provided me with a great customer service experience. The management team is amazing, they provide a clear feedback on your work and treat you the way it is supposed to be.
Easy Going but always Challenging in a good way
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2016
Working at Kitchen Stuff Plus was always a pleasant experience. Colorful and very open environment always put me in a good mood to work, along with the excellent staff.
Working there taught me to better interact with customers and taught the value of giving a customer the optimal shopping experience.
starting from when a customer walks through the door until the very last minuet they leave the store, "the customer should allays come first". Management was always outstanding. Very flexible with hours, always organized with the scheduling and made a point in hosting monthly staff parties to keep our team happy and always entertained. Co-workers alike, were also outstanding. As new comer they were all more than willing to give me tips on how to handle certain in store issues, always looking at ways to improve the customer shopping experience and always eager to lend a helping hand. great people to work with. Working at Kitchen stuff Plus allowed me to really interact with customers on an all new level. Discussing certain products that would best suit them and their home was always something i enjoyed and was easily the most enjoyable part of the job while organizing inventory during seasonal holidays by far was the most challenging part of it all.
Loved this place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 September 2016
Only supposed to be there for a seasonal job but the work was fun. Really enjoyed talki g to coworkers and customers. Christnas tome is hectic but always had fun interacting with everyone. Management was a blast and always made me laugh.
Good Co-Workers,low Pay
Reciever (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 January 2016
Good work/life balance
very low pay and no benefits
overall good to keep this job if you are desperate . high turnover rate of management
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Almost everything
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2017
Great place to work. Nice and small and quiet environment. I only left because I was getting back into my last year of high school and wanted to focus on improving my grades.
Easy job, Bad management
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 August 2013
- Typical day at work consists of customer service, stocking, merchandising.

- I learned a lot at KSP. Product knowledge is good.

- Management is very inconsistent. Through the coarse of the 4 years I have been employed at this company, I have had over 20(If not, more) different managers come and go.

-Co-workers are good and fun to work with if they work hard. Seasonal staff are always on and off.

- The hardest part of the job is the physical aspect. Heavy boxes to lift, Heavy ladders, easy to get injured, Developed seasonal allergies because store is so dusty and has no ventilation.

- The customer clientele is one of the most enjoyable parts of the job.
Pros
Locations are accessible if you take public transit, parking if you drive, good discount, good products.
Cons
Vacation "pay" is paid out to you every paycheck, very hard on body, pay is very low, no benefits (even if full time), inconsistency with management, over worked under payed.
Kitchen Stuff Plus
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 February 2017
They take advantage of seasonal employees here.Often your work efforts are not recognized, although there is tons of work to be done.
Meh.
Seasonal warehouse clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 July 2016
Warehouse work. Warehouse was organized, work was hard but easy to grasp and straightforward in nature.

Pay sucks, no perks that make the job worth it. Hours sucked and the warehouse is in the middle of west end industrial Toronto.

Boredom and a general stagnancy of the soul are what KSP's warehouse have to offer.

People are cool, but transient due to the nature of the work. Unloading thousands of pounds of Chinese made kitchen goods from a shipping container makes for good exercise.
Pros
Easy work, KSP staff discount.
Cons
Everything else.
Self improvement in terms of interaction and fun place to work.
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 June 2016
Friendly and nice co-workers and management is good. Fair treatment of each individual. Work is fun. Enjoy working with different kinds of individual both co- workers and customers. Learning while enjoying the work and task assigned. Good thing with the job is improvement of ones interrelationship with new and old acquaintances and self improvement in the way to interact with different people on different situations and circumstances.
Fun workplace with a good wage and great management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, Ontario6 October 2013
For the short seasonal time I was at Kitchen Stuff Plus I was happy with what I saw. People of all cultures (both KSP employee's and customers) were treated with respect and where helped whenever required it. Employees were praised for doing a great job and I myself was given several "job well done" cards which was put in a raffle. The environment was relaxed even on those very busy days. I was always very friendly to customers and they always got what they came in for. If not the item was ordered. They have very good safety regulations which is great because I had to use very high ladders. The prices were always solid and there was always a sale going on which made the majority of the customers happy. My most enjoyable part of the job was working with great co workers and helping customers find what they need. The most difficult part of the job was carrying the ladders around. Some could be rather heavy but after a week or so I got used to it and was carrying the ladders all over the place.
Pros
great co workers/managers, discounts on store items, Flexible hours, treated with respect
Cons
seasonal only
overall a friendly place to work for
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 December 2012
Overall, just like most retail jobs, you come in to work to sell products. The company is LGBT friendly, and coaches you on product knowledge and all procedures required for daily operation.

the team members are great, everyone is friendly, and supportive.

the place is not great for pay, and the structure for raise is minimal. Granted that this is a small business that is still growing, but you'd expect a bit more from the company that wants the best in the field.
Pros
great team, friendly environment, adequate training
Cons
low pay
Kitchen Stuff Plus HEARTLAND
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 December 2015
The staff was the only reason I stayed with this retailer in this specific location, almost everyone is always helpful and fun. Management is okay, you deal with BS every once in a while but I think that is in every workplace! Very thankful to them for hiring me with no experience whatsoever! Glad to have worked there.
Pros
Staff at the Heartland Town Centre / Mississauga location!
Cons
Long hours, small pay. As well as only one 45 minute break.
Overall Review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 April 2016
This job was a great experience into the world of retail management. i gain a lot of experience working with customers, like dealing with conflicts working with people with disabilities. the place had a open friendly environment
Active, engaging workplace environment with friendly co-workers and supportive, understanding management.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 August 2015
Active, engaging workplace environment with friendly co-workers and patient, understanding management. Abundant hours, with opportunities for advancement. Work is highly physically demanding and strenuous however, and often involves erratic work-hours and overnight shifts. Employees are expected to perform fill multiple roles, resulting in a very dynamic but occasionally very stressful workplace environment. Precarious high-ladder work often required of employees. Not for those with low stamina, poor balance, or other health problems.
Pros
Active, engaging workplace environment, friendly co-workers, supportive and understanding management, high availability of hours and opportunities for advancement, very physically active.
Cons
Very physically demanding work, erratic and often difficult hours, minimum wage.
Working at Kitchen Stuff Plus warehouse
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  125 Tycos Drive24 December 2015
Working at the warehouse for Kitchen Stuff Plus has been a worthwhile experience for me. I have been working with this employer for over 1 year now. I started as a seasonal employee and then quickly got moved up to a regular employee almost immediately. The work has been great but the work hours have failed to live up to the work environment. I had my hours cut repeatedly due to low sales and company cutbacks. It was not until the Christmas Season came around that I had my hours pick up again to full-time hours. Other than this, the company has been great to work for and I fell in love with my job as Order Picker. I just hope that my hours don't get cut in the future.
Pros
Great Work environmment
Cons
not enough working hours during the "dead" season
Small retail chain with focus on devoloping staff from within.
Director of Receiving - Operations Management (Former Employee) –  Toronto28 November 2013
I covered all the stores in the GTA, spent my time working with Managers on their daily routines, projects and troubleshooting. I learned to be responsible for a team of Managers and keep them focused on their objectives. I learned to budget and plan through each month the product required at the stores, the labour costs, and the supply chain management through the distribuition centre. The hardest part of the job was delivering results amidst competing priorities, ie; Xmas rush meant higher quantities being delivered to the stores, vs. Setup for large pre-Xmas warehouse sales. The most enjoyable part of the job was coaching Managers and assisting them in dealing with the daily obstacles, teaching them to improve their abilities.
Pros
Constant project management kept me energized.
Cons
Long hours, weekends.
Learning more each day, would like more hours
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2016
Enjoy working there and the people. Like learning about the products. Like working on cash meeting the customers. I believe the Management is fare.
Excellent work place
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2016
Although I was hired for the Christmas rush I really felt like I was a part of the team. Management and the other staff really made me feel welcomed. Hours were very flexable and management was willing to accommodate when needed.
Pros
Flexable hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kitchen Stuff Plus. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6