1 FULL-TIME Optometric Assistant/optician AND 2 PART-TIME OPTOMETRIC ASSISTANTS AND/OR OPTICIANS
Kingsway Eye Care is a brand new, state of the art full-scope optometry office catering to the needs of the affluent Kingsway community. It will be a family-focused office with a high-end flair.
We are looking for vibrant, effective and efficient individuals with friendly and positive-attitudes to fill the following positions:
- 1 Full time optometric assistant/optician
- 2 Part Time Optometric Assistant and/or Optician
Hours are flexible, but evening and Saturday hours are required. Optician students are welcome. Experience in the optometry/optical industry is a preferred asset.
Kingsway Eye Care is located in Etobicoke, ON at the intersection of Royal York and Bloor—a 3 minute walk from the Royal York subway station.
About the Opportunity
- Answer all in-coming calls in a professional manner regarding questions, inquiries, appointments
- Schedule appointments and maintain and update appointments calendars
- Greet patients and escort them to the pre testing examination area
- Administer OHIP billings and collect payment entries (training provided)
- Aid in frame selection, make frame adjustments, contact lens training
- Keep reception, glasses dispensary and examination rooms in good order
- Responsible for ordering all office supplies
- Assist the Doctor with other tasks as assigned
Requirements of the ideal candidate
- Understands the optometry/medical services environment (preferred)
- Always professional in dress and approach
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Friendly telephone etiquette
- Is high organized and has excellent time management skills
- Has very strong attention to detail
- Is upbeat, friendly and loves interacting with different people
- Has proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Comfortable with taking on new tasks
- Always goes above and beyond to provide outstanding patient service
- The office will be entirely digital (i.e. patient files will be digital files so no filing of records!!) therefore computer competencies is a must. Knowledge of eye care industry is an asset, but not necessary, as training will be provided.
Remuneration will be based on experience.
Please state position applying for as “Receptionist, optometric assistant etc – Kingsway” and whether looking for full time or part-time position. Send resume by email. Also please provide days able to work
We appreciate all expressions of interest, however, as a practical matter, only select candidates whose backgrounds best match requirements will be contacted.