The Food and Beverage Supervisor is a hands-on role. The primary focus would include overseeing the day to day operations of our evening services and acting as a lead bartender. To successfully perform these duties the individual must possess a drive to provide exceptional customer service. They must be reliable and self-motivated. They must be excellent communicators to manage a team in a high-volume continually changing environment and be able to carry out multiple tasks at the same time.
Hands-on Food Service Tasks
The Food and Beverage Supervisor position requires hands on performance in the following areas of service as business demands dictate: Host/Hostess, In Room Dining, Banquet and Dining Room Server, Bartender.
- Responsible for reviewing upcoming events as outlined on the Conference Event Orders (CEOs) and solicit clarification or further information as necessary with the Food and Beverage Manager to ensure successful execution of each event.
- Ensure that all food and beverage staff are apprised on the day’s business and are familiar with each of the clients’ specific requirements.
- Ensure the proper reconciliation of all monies during the designated meal period.
- Confirm with the culinary Sous Chef the status of the evening menus noting all changes, specialty items, shortages and products the kitchen would like to promote and communicate this accordingly to the staff at the pre-shift meeting.
- Ensure strict adherence by all staff to the Liquor Control Board of Ontario rules and regulations and the beverage policies of The Kingbridge Centre.
- Maintain the highest degree of professionalism in accordance with our established standards of service.
- Uphold the policies and procedures of The Kingbridge Centre.
- Attend the Food & Beverage department meetings as required.
Team Engagement Approach
- Teach professional service techniques as outlined in our service guidelines and objectives, through discussion, demonstration, and hands on practice and constant coaching.
- Ensure effective solution-oriented communication within the Food & Beverage department as well as with all other departments within The Kingbridge Centre.
- Contribute to the further development of our standards through discussion and example of techniques learned through experiences in the industry, especially as they pertain to service, cost savings, and operational efficiency.
- Conduct daily pre-shift meetings outlining initiatives for the day, reviewing previous day’s business and addressing challenges, as well as imparting new knowledge through demonstration, dialogue and task training.
- Supervise and direct activities of all food and beverage events and bar requirements on a daily basis.
- Be present in the dining room during meal services as an active floor supervisor.
- Assist in the evaluation of our service team in relation to performance, skill development, customer orientation and teamwork.
- Monitor the guest experience, the performance of the evening staff, the quality of the food & beverage during meal service, and proactively correct problems “in the moment”.
- Provide feedback to the Food and Beverage Manager, Executive Chef, and Sous Chefs regarding food & beverage quality, appearance and popularity, and pass on guest feedback in these areas.
- Communicate guest feedback and comment card scores to service staff, and continually strive to improve guest experience (scores and comments).
- Maintain and update reservations for all meal periods, ensuring that standards are followed with regards to capacity, coordination of other events, overflow and correct billing information.
- Monitor all dining room functions including side duties, chair cleaning, linen programs, deep cleaning, and any other activities outlined by the Food and Beverage Manager.
- Work with the Banquet Captain and the head Bartender to coordinate the evening’s business requirements.
- Serve in the place of the Food and Beverage Manager in his/her absence, including daily operations meetings and conference review meetings.
- Support the Food and Beverage Manager in the management of the labor budget.
- Keep a daily log of events, noting the weather, number of people served, customer complaints, service problems and successes, and equipment problems.
- Assist the Food and Beverage Manager with scheduling by communicating any additional service requirements and the service staff requests.
- Minimum 3 years experience as a supervisor in a comparable facility.
- Cash handling skills required.
- Basic computing skills a necessity.
- Must be able to work with a touch screen point of sale system.
- Excellent organizational, administrative, training and leadership skills required.
- Good communication skills both written and spoken.
- Previous working experience as a bartender and as a banquet captain
- Smart Serve Certification is a requirement
Challenges, Complexities, Physical Demands, and Working Conditions
- Must be able to deal with numerous clients at one time
- Must be able to work with various styles of service such as French, Russian and American plate.
- Physically demanding, as you are required to stand on your feet for long periods of time.
- Co-ordination in moving heavy pieces of equipment such as tables, chairs, portable bars, etc.
- Must be aware of hazardous conditions in the kitchen and able to work in this volatile environment.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with employees with language barriers
- Our seven-day-a-week operation requires shift flexibility
Indeed - 6 months ago
copy to clipboard
Kingbridge is a unique residential Conference Centre and full-service hospitality venue designed specifically for leaders who want to work...