The Conference Service Attendant is responsible for set up and support of all functions/events at the Centre. These events/functions include meetings/conferences and social events such as receptions, dinners, and lunches. Duties include stocking function room supply kits, refreshing function rooms, furnishing meetings with fresh water, pads, pens, candy & clean glasses, exact set up of tables, chairs, and any other items outlined in the Conference Event orders or as directed by supervisor. Cleaning duties including vacuuming, dusting and trash removal are also part of the position. See further details below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for the physical set up of all function rooms, private/social functions, private dining rooms, all ballroom events, foyer/public space as needed.
2. Refreshing meeting rooms during lunch/Dinner, coffee breaks or as directed by the supervisor to include removing glasses, plates, silverware, food and trash and general tidying of room.
3. Furnishing function rooms with fresh water in standard water pitcher & clean, spot and dust free glasses, pad, pen and candy.
4. Attending to guest’s requests.
5. Cleaning of meeting rooms daily to include: vacuuming of all floor space including breakout rooms leaving floor space completely free of any debris, dusting all surfaces, ledges. Dusting all chair legs, table legs, cupboards, meeting room supply kits.
6. Reporting broken items or deficient room furnishings to supervisor immediately.
7. Remove all unnecessary equipment from room or cupboards (no extra pads or pens etc. to be stored in the rooms. No extra flip charts stored in rooms.
8. Knowledge of Conference Service Manual required.
9. Remain present on the floor/available, courteous and helpful to the guests at all times.
10. Must be available to work late evenings, holidays and weekends.
11. Additional duties as assigned by Conference Services Floor Manager, Supervisor, or Department Head.
- Previous experience in hospitality, banquet hall, Conference Centre preferred.
- Knowledge of WHMIS an asset
- Able to lift heavy tables (with no restrictions)
- Good communication skills
The Conference Service Attendant is required to work various shifts including daytime and evening hours, weekend and holidays.
Heavy lifting of tables and chairs
Stretching, kneeling and bending during set ups
Contact with light cleaning substance
This position can be “busy or active” during peak business periods.
Last minute demands can be stressful at times.