Kindred Healthcare

Kindred Healthcare Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good place to work if you dont need the benefits
Responsible for Data Entry (Former Employee), Las vegasApril 30, 2014
Pros: lunch for employees 3.00
Cons: benefits
Very friendly place to work. Nice and clean. Benefits were terrible.
productive
Chef II (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAApril 28, 2014
Alot of standard operating procedures implemented on all employees duties. other than that its a stable job
Good learning opportunities.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Louisville, KYApril 28, 2014
Patient to nurse ratio inadequate to provide safe patient care. Good learning experience for tube feeding and ventilator patients.
Kindred
Staff, LPN (Former Employee), Wilkes Barre, PAApril 26, 2014
Work environment was stressful and fast paced. It kept you busy most nights. The 12 hour shifts were the hardest part working overnights.
Productive work place.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), INApril 25, 2014
A good job to meet different people and hear their stories. Good training and great job security for those willing to work hard.
Not a very put together place.
CNA (Former Employee), Kindred at Ridgmar in Fort Worth, TX.April 25, 2014
Pros: no pros at this place except their starting pay is okay.
Cons: no breaks, plus a trillion other things!
There is absolutely no communication there and they really are bad about not doing good investigations. This place needs much improvement on how they organize things too. I've never worked at a place where team work is completely out of the question!
horrible culture
former employee (Former Employee), kindred riversideApril 24, 2014
Cons: everything
Ur boss dont listen to thier staffs ech cna get 15 patients at times and nurses get 8 or more because they are trying to save money and also they try to write u up for any little thing when u turn in ur resignation so that other kindred won't hire u. Poor management. Whever state shows up we have full staff. Someone should report them to labor board!
Horrible to employess/not clean Hospital
Business Office (Former Employee), Louisville, KYApril 23, 2014
Piled more work on than could possibly be done, poor training if any at all, Management not approachable. Point system abused...they look for any reason to give you a point. Treated like children not adults. Rules change every day. Bathrooms never have toilet paper or paper towels, cleaned once a week. Stairways never swept, floors always dirty, a smell – more... in the air that does NOT go away. Expected to clean break/lunch area – less
NOT A GOOD PLACE TO WORK
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee), FORT WORTH, TXApril 22, 2014
Cons: too many to list
I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE OF BUSINESS TO ANYONE LOOKING FOR EMPLOYMENT. THE FACILITY IS BASED ON HIGH DRAMA THAT RANGES FROM LINE STAFF ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP.
Fun and productive place to work.
DIETARY AIDE (Current Employee), Seattle.WAApril 21, 2014
Cons: on call schedule
The culture here is very good, diverse group of people.The hardest part of the job, is sometimes there are few patients, and eventhough Im a full time regular employee,my schedule is converted to that of "on call".
Kindred Lancaster, MA
Undisclosed (Former Employee), Lancaster, MAApril 18, 2014
Cons: unprofessional management
Absolutely the worse management team. Unprofessional. Demeaning. Negative. Would not recommend to my worst enemy.
Professional work place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Raleigh NC. 27601April 18, 2014
Very professional co-workers and a fun team to work with. Working here with the best Physical, Occupational and Speech therapy team that is always ready to help you out whenever you need them to.
Long Term Acute Care Hospital
Director of Case Management (Current Employee), Clear Lake, TXApril 18, 2014
I've worked at this facility for 9 years now in 2 different roles. In my present position at DCM, I've learned a lot from my CEO & District DCM. The leadership/administration at this facility is wonderful. I enjoy my job but am looking to move on to the next step in my career.
nightmare
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 18, 2014
Pros: very nice people - new lifelong friends
Cons: management
Staff - wonderful for the most part. Great personalities to work with. Management - awful and unprofessional. Doctors- one in particular - awful - pompous and condescending. Very overwhelming and staff not treated equally. I can prove that. Doctors basically in charge. No support for the staff. Very disappointing first job. I do not know a single staff – more... member that is happy there. Other than enjoying each other's company. – less
i had lots of fun working at kindred,they did special thing for us sometimes
Environmental Services (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLApril 16, 2014
Pros: we had no free lunch we had to pay for our lunches.
Cons: my breaks wasnt long enough, we got no help when needed
kindred were a pleasant place to work,i got along with my coworkers in all department,a typical were to clean patients rooms,stock rooms,help with when they ask for something.i learn how to work well with other.there was nohard part of my job.i love myjob wish I were still there.its a nice plce to work at.
Nurses are taken for granted and not appreciated by management.
staff member (Former Employee), San Rafael CAApril 16, 2014
Pros: beautiful area.
Cons: nurses overloaded.
Kindred Smith Ranch San Rafael CA.
The management here has no respect to the employees. The administrator intimidates, emotionally abuses staff, yells at the staff members. This facility is brutally understaffed. Nurses are great and carrying, but they don't stay here due to non-humane work load, inability to care for patients properly, increased risk – more... to make mistakes, poor and not carrying administrative practices. – less
Stable work environment. Excellent executive team.
Executive Assistant/Administrative Secretary (Former Employee), Louisville, KYApril 16, 2014
Pros: employees incentives
Cons: too many meetings
Working at Kindred allowed me to learn about hospital administration. The executive team were great to work with. They were very fair and strived to offer incentives to employees. The job had stability and great team work on an every day basis.
Enjoyable
CNA/ PCT (Former Employee), Arlington, TXApril 14, 2014
I have always loved working in a hospital invornment. you meet some many people and see so many different techniques. I learned alot by working for kindred hospital. how to become a monitor tech, scrub tech, and patient care tech
Great co-workers
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 14, 2014
Very busy hospital every day is a new experience with different patients. Management could be better my co-workers are great and believe in team work the hardest part of my job is trying to please the patients the enjoyable part is taking good care of patients knowing that i have helped someone to the best of my ability.
A very nice place to work.
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee), Springfield, MAApril 13, 2014
Pros: day shift
Cons: not much overtime available
The best part of this job was the day shift. At my other two jobs I had worked 2nd shift. I enjoyed the work and the environment, and the people i worked with.

About Kindred Healthcare

The word "kindred" has many meanings, including allied, similar and family. We believe the name reflects our business – Read more

Kindred Healthcare Photos