Kindred Healthcare

a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Kindred Healthcare
Sr. Clinical Informaticist (Current Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 27, 2014
I have worked at Kindred for several years. Left in 2008 after a layoff and returned in 2012. Kindred is currently going through changes and my position is not as stable as it once was. I am seeking an opportunity to work for a company in Louisville, KY who has the patient's best interest at heart. I love my job and what I do and feel I make a difference – more... every day and want to continue that same legacy.

high employee turnover/ gives 1% raises/year to employees max
Hospital Sales Representative / Clinical Liason (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 26, 2014
Atlanta, GA: management does not follow through on items they stated they would do. job atmosphere is "that is not my job" and lots of finger pointing. not a team atmosphere. nursing staff extremely overworked with 8+ patients/nurse. Do not work here. You will not be happy.
Very rewarding.
Assist staff nursing (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 26, 2014
Assessing and caring for patients in the long term acute unit and the rehabilitation unit. I enjoyed working with all the patients, very accepting in allowing me to care for them. I learned so very much about tracheostomy care and really enjoyed working with the wound care team.
Productive and Tedious
Bus. Office Coordinator (Current Employee), Fayetteville GAFebruary 26, 2014
Knowledge of basic nursing practices, ability to instruct and assist patients under stressful circumstances, Strong interpersonal and organizational, good time management, great attention to detail, computer proficient, answering multi-phone calls, assist with outgoing/ingoing mail.
good place to work..............................................................................
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee), Chambersburg, PAFebruary 25, 2014
Cons: none...
Great place to work................................................................................................................................
Great place to work if your seeking a job with a flexable schedule.
NURSE TECH (Current Employee), Cleveland, OhioFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: flexable scheduling
Cons: 12hr shifts
Some days are more stressful than others, however your in great company at kindred because the staff is awesome.
Pruductive place to work and clean
Unit Secretary (Current Employee), Havertown, PAFebruary 20, 2014
I enjoy working at Kindred when I am there, Every work place have concerns that needs to be addressed.
Great pleace to learn
Externship : Student Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Louisville,KYFebruary 19, 2014
Only worked there a few months during my externship, great learning experience.
productive and fun workplace
Assistant Chef (Former Employee), Ogden, UTFebruary 19, 2014
Management was okay, co-workers were fantastic. The best part of the job was the residents they always had funny stories to tell and they made the job fun.
patient care
RRT (Former Employee), OntarioFebruary 18, 2014
work intense work loads
learned trach care
management not cooperative
hardest part of job unrealistic expectation
enjoyable co worker
Registered Nurse, Beaver, Pa
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Beaver, PAFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: pay rate
Cons: management
Prior Nursing Experience.
*Felt bad for the patients because some of the care was very poor.
*LPN's were working unsafely outside of their legalities and guidelines carrying out RN duties.
*Management filled positions prior to evaluating and interviewing the staff for positions,therefore selecting uneducated and unqualified persons for job specifications. – more... Unfair to qualified and educated parties.
*CEO and VP not educated and experienced for their positions.
*Lastly, very uncertain how uneducated persons could hold such positions... – less
Busy and fun work place
PBX Clerk (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: great staff
A typical day at work is read emails, greet visitors, and answer questions. Learned how to interact with the sick and about different diagnosis that they came for. Hardest part of the job is having patient family documents ready in time of arrival. The most enjoyable part of job is communicating with patients.
Flexible work environment
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee), Cleveland OhioFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: flexiblity of schedule and pay rate
Cons: healthcare and retirement benifits
I work in a flexible schedule. The entire team works well together. I have learned how to treat various populations.
A day at Kindred.
LPN (Former Employee), Dayton, OHFebruary 15, 2014
I learned something new everyday that I worked at Kindred hospital. I love my job as a nurse. Management could have been more supportive and trust worthy, but on the floor the work environment was wonderful. Nurses and patient care techs was awesome. Teamwork on the floor was outstanding. I enjoyed most being able to come into work and take care of – more... my patients and know that I have made a difference in someones life. – less
Excellent
Hospitalist (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXFebruary 15, 2014
Round on LTAC patients.
Managing patients transferred from acute care hospital.
Management is efficient.
Coworkers are cooperative.
Do not have all subspeciality support.
Nice working condition overall.
Unsupportive management, no employee incintives
RN Supervisor (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALFebruary 13, 2014
Present management,i.e, executive director, DON, etc., do not support staff. No pay raise despite evaluations,states it is not in the budge for past several years. Some very good nurses and CNA's, however are forced to work short staffed due "to budget".
productive and fun place to work really lots of caring co workers
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIFebruary 11, 2014
I looooved my position at kindred healthcare it was fun and interesting but never a dull moment it felt like home away from home for me resident was very caring also and understanding despite there reason for being there
Humbling part time job.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Rochdale, MAFebruary 10, 2014
I would prepare meals for the elderly and other home bound patients. I learned to cook different meals and how to prepare certain meals for clients with health issues. My co-workers were awesome, down to earth and very helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job was engaging with the elderly, very sweet and humbling.
Poor place to work
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: patients
Cons: management
How many hospitals do you know of that have air fresheners because of a mold problem? I wish clinicians could be in charge. If you want to get thrown under the bus then this is the place for you. 12-14 patients at a time. All about the bottom line...

About Kindred Healthcare

The word "kindred" has many meanings, including allied, similar and family. We believe the name reflects our business – Read more

Kindred Healthcare Photos