Kindred Healthcare

Kindred Healthcare Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Busy but Productive
Medical Records Coordinator (Former Employee), Boston MAJune 12, 2014
Being organized is an necessary trait, the rest falls into place.
Great place to grow in health care
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 12, 2014
Pros: 12 hour shift 3 days a week
Cons: low census
Kindred Saint Anthony was awesome! Great incentives and fun place to work
Daily changes
Unit Secretary (Current Employee), St Louis Mo.63128June 11, 2014
Pros: the pros are flexible hours.
Cons: the cons are better lunch area
A typical day at work is very busy constantly learning. I've learned new program's.My management team is great. My co-workers are great people.The hardest part about the job is some people never get well.The most enjoyable part of the job,is the smiles of the patient at the end of their visit.
Good company
Staff Development Coordinator (Former Employee), Webster, MAJune 11, 2014
Sorry they sold off the facility I worked for, I learned a great deal and had lots of good experience.
Great CI, great co-workers
Student Physical Therapist (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 8, 2014
This was an amazing first clinical experience for me. My CI was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. She assisted me when needed but also pushed me when appropriate. I worked side-by-side with OTs and learned how to co-treat effectively and efficiently.
Very easy office to work in. Loved my coworkers.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 8, 2014
Pros: my coworkers, my bosses.
Cons: i didn't really want to go home to work, but after a few months i adapted so that turned out alright as well.
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Kindred Healthcare. I loved being in an office setting. After a few years, I needed to work from home as we were losing our "office" and again I learned to love working from home.

I really missed the office setting though.
fun place to work
C.N.A.(PRN) / Unit Secretary(FT) (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 4, 2014
Pros: job stability
Cons: breaks, and healthcare
I LEARNED ALOT OF JOBS AND I LOVED MY CO WORKERS, MANAGEMENT WAS GREAT
kindred = bad Karma. I wish it could be no stars.
Patient Advocate (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 3, 2014
Pros: there are a few hard-working, competent employees.
Cons: many. i'll keep it brief. profit driven. under-staffing of clinicians in the norm, so manager/supervisors can get bonuses. you get the picture.
There should be no such entitiy as a for-profit hospital, like kindred.
The arrogant top executives just pretend kindred's very, very bad reputation does not exist. Everything bad you can possibly imagine in a corporation happens with kindred. They shoud not even include
"heathcare" in their name because they don't care about anyone's health (patients – more... or employees.) They only care about money and profit. Any positive reviews, anywhere, about kindred, are by people who are aspiring management/executives, aren't high on the food chain, or are just clueless. – less
very stressful and demanding work place
floor nurse (Former Employee), detroit michiganJune 2, 2014
Pros: only work 3 days a week
Cons: patient demands and needs and lack of support from managers.
Most of the patients needs are IV fluids,you will be administering them the entire shift,also giving IV push med the entire shift. the documentation requirement is horrendous!!! its just too much and not worth the pay.
flexibility
Assisting therapist, billing (Former Employee), Rocky Mount NCJune 2, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: no holiday
Assist with quality of patient care and provide support to Physical Therapy, billing, reports, filing charts, and reviewing documentation/ICD-9 coding.
dishonest manager and unfriendly staff
cook (Former Employee), wilmington ncMay 31, 2014
Cons: to many to name
I worked as a cook in Wilmington cypress point...And was hired part-time dishonestly to take someone's place that was on fmla. The manager came up with a bunch of lies and UN truthful things to let me go the day before that employee was to come back. The manager in the dietary department is lazy...sat in his office all the time..lied to me countless – more... times and lied on paperwork in regards dismissing me. I did win my unemployment battle in spite of the efforts to keep me from getting it continued. This manager was terminated from other kitchens in healthcare...and he somehow knew I knew it and had something personal against me. I have no respect for him at all. The whole bldg was unfriendly and over bearing. The administrator would not even talk with me because I hadn't been there 90 days and people work of the clock daily in the kitchen and bldg to get their work done because they get written up if they work over on the clock and if their work isn't done. Management knows this and turns a blind eye. I've never worked in such an oppressive and nasty kitchen. And never will again. – less
Quality vs cost containment
RN Admission Coorridnator (Current Employee), Green Cove Springs, FLMay 31, 2014
Pros: basic work out room
High paced, skill oriented, results driven company.
Acute understanding of company medical reimbursement in relation to patient diagnosis.
The most enjoyable part of my job was reporting directly to the prior C.E,O
Sub Acute Rehab nurse- Long Term floor Nurse
Nurse, Blueberry Hill (Former Employee), Beverly, MAMay 31, 2014
Pros: great work environment team atmosphere
Cons: no growth
Medications, Treatments, Documentation,Dr's orders, Able to learn time management, Great management support
A nice place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Great Barrington, MAMay 29, 2014
Pros: good work environment
Cons: benefits, cut hours
I love the people that I work with and have been in this business since 1985. I feel that it is time indeed to make a change. I do like the daily interaction with my co-workers and friends as well as the residents that I have come to know and love.
Disorganized company
Nurse (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 27, 2014
Pros: close proximity to home
Cons: disorganized
Very disorganized, finances were not correct for a short amount of time.
over worked and under paid.
LPN (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMay 27, 2014
Pros: ummm.....
Cons: too many patients to take care of
Not a place for an LPN to work. Very hard getting ahold of a physician when you need one. Ratio of nurse to patient is too much for the severity of illness. These patients are critically ill with infections from all over. Always work to do.
Kindred was Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
Maintenance Director Laurel Ridge Nursing Home (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 27, 2014
Pros: the patience and staff were great to work with.
Cons: i lived over an hour away from boston, many miles and lots of fuel
When I arrived at Kindred they were in a Life Safety Survey. I worked diligently to resolve all of the outstanding preventive maintenance issues and compliance issues. Due to my many hours and hard work, the facility was deficiency free Life Safety Survey.
I am conscientious in correcting problems immediatly as they arise.
I did plumbing, painting, – more... electrical repair, and carpentry.
I also worked well with the budget and the vendors, which if I could do the job myself there were no venders. – less
BK
RN (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 27, 2014
I learned alot working there. I have learne about mechanical ventilation in Kindred, management was easy to work with.
enjoyed coworkers and patients
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 23, 2014
there was a real sense of family between staff and patients Are drs were approachable and valued the staff
Hospital Environment
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 20, 2014
Pros: people great
Cons: compensation very low
Handling of admissions, of patients, insurance verifier, dischargement of patient. Improved my people skills, management was great, loved co-workers. Job was not hard at all, most enjoyable was working with the patients. Suitable for a single person to work at, without huge expectations on raises.

About Kindred Healthcare

The word "kindred" has many meanings, including allied, similar and family. We believe the name reflects our business – Read more

Kindred Healthcare Photos