Kindred Healthcare

Kindred Healthcare Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
enjoyed coworkers and patients
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 23, 2014
there was a real sense of family between staff and patients Are drs were approachable and valued the staff
Hospital Environment
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 20, 2014
Pros: people great
Cons: compensation very low
Handling of admissions, of patients, insurance verifier, dischargement of patient. Improved my people skills, management was great, loved co-workers. Job was not hard at all, most enjoyable was working with the patients. Suitable for a single person to work at, without huge expectations on raises.
The company is unpredictable.
Nurse (Current Employee), IdahoMay 19, 2014
The company feels no loyalty to its employees. Meetings are full of how the company wants to build trust and respect but does not practice what it preaches. One day you have a job, the next day you don't. I would never work for this company again.
Very great company to work for and excell
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMay 19, 2014
Pros: encourage staff to continue higher education
Cons: high turnover
MDS process Nursing Rounds Teaching and training staff supervisor
FUN JOB
Graduate Nurse (Current Employee), mansfieldMay 19, 2014
Nice surroundings, alot to learn. management pwople are nice and very helpful, i would reccomend to my friend.
Job
stna (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 17, 2014
Not a good atmosphere to work. The hardest part of job is getting along with the coworkers. Not very friendly. The pay is decent.
Loved my job
Lead Unit Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMay 16, 2014
Great nursing staff great team! Wish I could have brought this job with me when I relocated!!!
Challenging population
Counseling Intern (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 15, 2014
Great exposure to individuals with severe chronic mental illness.
Flex Pool
Flex Pool Nurse (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAMay 13, 2014
Pros: flex schedule
Enjoyed seeing people improved in a rehab facility.

Schedule was flexible.

Hardest part of the job was lifting patients.
fun productive
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCMay 12, 2014
kindred goes above and beyond for their staff and residents. the hours and pay were really good. the staffing met the needs of the residents
What I learned
Director of Nursing Services/Special Care Staff (Former Employee), Greenfield/Indianapolis, INMay 12, 2014
Work/Home life must balance more in positive direction for best personal health.
fun place to work.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 12, 2014
Pros: good management.paid bonus over time.
Cons: patient ratio high
Kindred was the old mountCarmel.It was one of the best jobs i ever had.Coworkers was wonderful,management excellent.U where treated fair and with respect.It was hard work,but fun place to be! I rather have hard work and less stress on the job. I leave the company a few years after kindred took over from the Benedictine.I miss the people i work with. – more... I wish all nursing jobs was like that. – less
medium environment
Account Rep (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 11, 2014
Pros: learning medicaid billing for a long term care facility
Cons: upper management attempting to force office mgmt to do things that weren't ethical
filing and follow up of Medicaid accounts, posting charges
detailed Medicaid billing, followup, posting charges
upper management wasn't exactly following medical billing laws
co-workers very dedicated
dealing with management not agreeing
the employees
Great company for independant worker
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 10, 2014
Has great management that takes care of their employees. Great pay with an independent environment.
Very difficult place to work after new boss arrived.
Medical Staff Manager/Assistant to CEO (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 9, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: being viewed as someone who had no experience and nothing to offer.
I was hired to work for one person, who was hiring me for her replacement. Typical day was chaotic, were going through an ACHA review. The initial review was not good and we had to come up with plan, write the plan, and then implement the plan in about a 3 week period. People, including myself worked until the middle of the night.

I learned how to – more... write the "correct" meeting minutes and how to be extraordinarily organized. It was obvious my new boss wanted a different secretary. He even said so in front of me. Co-workers, as usual were great - we were all in the same boat together.

Hardest part of the job was being ordered around like gofer. – less
Fantastic all the way around
Havertown Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 9, 2014
I have no complaints, it is a great company to work for with the ability to move up
Worked with Kindred Healthcare for 13 years
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Needham MaMay 7, 2014
Pros: kindred was very competive amongst healthcare companies.
Developed good experience over the years with Accounts Reveivable. Had covered Medicare accounts for 10 homes at one time. Kindred has a good company culture. Worked with All types of accounts. Medicare, Private, Medicaid and Insurance.
INTERESTING EXPERIENCE
Collector II (Former Employee), LA MIRADE, CAMay 6, 2014
Pros: yes, the cafe upstatirs had free breakfest every morning. they served oat meal and coffee.
Cons: none.
MY TYPICAL DAY AT KINDRED HOSPITAL WAS TO COLLECT ON AGING ACCOUNTS FOR COMMERCAIL CLAIMS FROM ARIZONA. I HAD FIVE ACCOUNTS WHICH INCLUDED: PHOENIX, TUCSON, SCOTTSDALE, NORTH WEST ARIZONA AND DENVER, CO. I ALSO WORKED MANAGED CARE, MEDICARE ADVANTAGE AND KAISER HMO PLANS.

THE WORK ENVIROMENT WAS A SMALL OFFICE WITH 40 PEOPLE. IT WAS VERY LOUD. THE – more... EMPLOYEES WERE ALOUD TO KEEP THEIR CELL PHONES ON AND PLAY MUSI AT THEIR DESK.. MANAGEMENT DID ALOT OF SWITCHING THE EMPLOYEES AROUND TO DIFFERENT DEPARTMENTS, WHICH CHANGED THIER JOB TITLES AND WORK LOADS THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB WAS TRYING TO HEAR THE INSURANCE REPRESENATIVES ON THE PHONE EACH DAY. THIS WAS A FREE SPIRIT ENVIROMENT.

I HAD A GREAT MANAGER WHO WAS VERY HELPFUL AND WOULD ANSWER ANY QUESTION I HAD PRESENTED TO HER.

THE MOST ENJOYABLE TIME I EXPERIENCED ON THE JOB WAS THE EGG HUNT KINDRED'S BUSINESS OFFICE GAVE FOR THE EASTER HOLIDAY. – less
LONG TERM ACUTE CARE WITH ALOT OF SUCCESS
Receptionist (Former Employee), Havertown, PAMay 6, 2014
KINDRED WAS A GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR AND EVERYONE WORKED WELL TOGETHER.MANAGEMENT WAS ALWAYS RESPECTFUL TO OTHERS AND DID NOT TREAT YOU ANY DIFFERENT.MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF MY JOB WAS EITHER WORKING WITH THE PATIENCE OR THEIR FAMILIES AND SEEING THE SUCCESS THAT WE HAVE ACHIEVED FOR THEM.
Horrible management
nurse (Former Employee), alabamaMay 1, 2014
Pros: a job
Cons: everything
the management will not stand up for the employees, if a family member complains then they take the families side. They seldom have a full compliment of cna's , they have 2 schedules, 1 for us and 1 for the state. We always worked short, the nepotism, and racism towards white people is unbelievable. Someone should call the labor board on these people – more... and they always pas state, the place is dirty, and smells yet when state comes they Never see the bad side!!!!!!!!!!!!! – less

About Kindred Healthcare

The word "kindred" has many meanings, including allied, similar and family. We believe the name reflects our business – Read more

Kindred Healthcare Photos