Kindred Healthcare

Kindred Healthcare Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
flexibility
Assisting therapist, billing (Former Employee), Rocky Mount NCJune 2, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: no holiday
Assist with quality of patient care and provide support to Physical Therapy, billing, reports, filing charts, and reviewing documentation/ICD-9 coding.
dishonest manager and unfriendly staff
cook (Former Employee), wilmington ncMay 31, 2014
Cons: to many to name
I worked as a cook in Wilmington cypress point...And was hired part-time dishonestly to take someone's place that was on fmla. The manager came up with a bunch of lies and UN truthful things to let me go the day before that employee was to come back. The manager in the dietary department is lazy...sat in his office all the time..lied to me countless – more... times and lied on paperwork in regards dismissing me. I did win my unemployment battle in spite of the efforts to keep me from getting it continued. This manager was terminated from other kitchens in healthcare...and he somehow knew I knew it and had something personal against me. I have no respect for him at all. The whole bldg was unfriendly and over bearing. The administrator would not even talk with me because I hadn't been there 90 days and people work of the clock daily in the kitchen and bldg to get their work done because they get written up if they work over on the clock and if their work isn't done. Management knows this and turns a blind eye. I've never worked in such an oppressive and nasty kitchen. And never will again. – less
Quality vs cost containment
RN Admission Coorridnator (Current Employee), Green Cove Springs, FLMay 31, 2014
Pros: basic work out room
High paced, skill oriented, results driven company.
Acute understanding of company medical reimbursement in relation to patient diagnosis.
The most enjoyable part of my job was reporting directly to the prior C.E,O
Sub Acute Rehab nurse- Long Term floor Nurse
Nurse, Blueberry Hill (Former Employee), Beverly, MAMay 31, 2014
Pros: great work environment team atmosphere
Cons: no growth
Medications, Treatments, Documentation,Dr's orders, Able to learn time management, Great management support
A nice place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Great Barrington, MAMay 29, 2014
Pros: good work environment
Cons: benefits, cut hours
I love the people that I work with and have been in this business since 1985. I feel that it is time indeed to make a change. I do like the daily interaction with my co-workers and friends as well as the residents that I have come to know and love.
Disorganized company
Nurse (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 27, 2014
Pros: close proximity to home
Cons: disorganized
Very disorganized, finances were not correct for a short amount of time.
over worked and under paid.
LPN (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMay 27, 2014
Pros: ummm.....
Cons: too many patients to take care of
Not a place for an LPN to work. Very hard getting ahold of a physician when you need one. Ratio of nurse to patient is too much for the severity of illness. These patients are critically ill with infections from all over. Always work to do.
Kindred was Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
Maintenance Director Laurel Ridge Nursing Home (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 27, 2014
Pros: the patience and staff were great to work with.
Cons: i lived over an hour away from boston, many miles and lots of fuel
When I arrived at Kindred they were in a Life Safety Survey. I worked diligently to resolve all of the outstanding preventive maintenance issues and compliance issues. Due to my many hours and hard work, the facility was deficiency free Life Safety Survey.
I am conscientious in correcting problems immediatly as they arise.
I did plumbing, painting, – more... electrical repair, and carpentry.
I also worked well with the budget and the vendors, which if I could do the job myself there were no venders. – less
BK
RN (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 27, 2014
I learned alot working there. I have learne about mechanical ventilation in Kindred, management was easy to work with.
enjoyed coworkers and patients
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 23, 2014
there was a real sense of family between staff and patients Are drs were approachable and valued the staff
Hospital Environment
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 20, 2014
Pros: people great
Cons: compensation very low
Handling of admissions, of patients, insurance verifier, dischargement of patient. Improved my people skills, management was great, loved co-workers. Job was not hard at all, most enjoyable was working with the patients. Suitable for a single person to work at, without huge expectations on raises.
The company is unpredictable.
Nurse (Current Employee), IdahoMay 19, 2014
The company feels no loyalty to its employees. Meetings are full of how the company wants to build trust and respect but does not practice what it preaches. One day you have a job, the next day you don't. I would never work for this company again.
Very great company to work for and excell
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMay 19, 2014
Pros: encourage staff to continue higher education
Cons: high turnover
MDS process Nursing Rounds Teaching and training staff supervisor
FUN JOB
Graduate Nurse (Current Employee), mansfieldMay 19, 2014
Nice surroundings, alot to learn. management pwople are nice and very helpful, i would reccomend to my friend.
Job
stna (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 17, 2014
Not a good atmosphere to work. The hardest part of job is getting along with the coworkers. Not very friendly. The pay is decent.
Loved my job
Lead Unit Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMay 16, 2014
Great nursing staff great team! Wish I could have brought this job with me when I relocated!!!
Challenging population
Counseling Intern (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 15, 2014
Great exposure to individuals with severe chronic mental illness.
Flex Pool
Flex Pool Nurse (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAMay 13, 2014
Pros: flex schedule
Enjoyed seeing people improved in a rehab facility.

Schedule was flexible.

Hardest part of the job was lifting patients.
fun productive
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCMay 12, 2014
kindred goes above and beyond for their staff and residents. the hours and pay were really good. the staffing met the needs of the residents
What I learned
Director of Nursing Services/Special Care Staff (Former Employee), Greenfield/Indianapolis, INMay 12, 2014
Work/Home life must balance more in positive direction for best personal health.

About Kindred Healthcare

The word "kindred" has many meanings, including allied, similar and family. We believe the name reflects our business – Read more

Kindred Healthcare Photos