Kindred Healthcare

Kindred Healthcare Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great company to work for
CPhT Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Westwood, MAJuly 10, 2014
I enjoyed my time at Kindred. Lots of friendly employees and an all-around comfortable working environment.
Great Healthcare company to work for
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYJuly 10, 2014
As a Dietary Aide, I had very little patient interaction. At the time I was enrolled in school full time and worked part time. The company was able to work with my schedule with ease.
not bad
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 4, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: people
cool place to work , everyone get along a small family, party and talk to each other. everyone is a team player
busy
Rehab (Former Employee), Folsom, CAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: supportive manager
Cons: nursing managers put pressure on rehab staff
This is a tough place to work because the population is so delicate.
The Rehab manager is great- very supportive.

Nursing staff is a combo of great and so-so.
Tough yet rewarding
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 3, 2014
Pros: compensation was equal to the tasks being performed
Cons: i broke my foot shorty after i started and kindred had to replace me.
Kindred was a nice place to work. This position consisted of all patient care. These patients were extremely sick people who needed a lot of attention. My night would consist of constant monitoring of patients on ventilators with Foley catheters, drains, colostomies, urostomies ect. My night also consisted of vital signs, daily weights bed bathing, – more... specimen collections and reporting any observed changes in the patients condition.

The hardest part of this position for me was not having time in my night nor enough hands to juggle all of the compassion I had for these people. – less
I am currently an employee at kindred st. anthonys and I hate it here, they are very racist and race in-sensitive.
cna (Current Employee), 10016 kennerly rd st. louis, moJuly 3, 2014
Pros: is that they serve the patients meal trays (sarcasm)
Cons: nurses are lazy, disrespectful, racist to black workers and black patients, and when you tell management, its like talking to a brick wall
In my opinion I do not like working here and neither does the majority of the African American staff. We have all came across racism in this place from the nurses and unfair treatment from management. Its awful when you aren't able to come to work on a peaceful note without being harassed and the environment made hostile for you.
Awesome employees; great teamwork
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: energetic environment.
Cons: lunch menu is always the same.
Everyone is ready to help each other, and are always smiling even on a stressful day.
If you're interested in Kindred New Orleans, RUN as far as you can
... (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJune 30, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: hmmm... still thinking
Kindred New Orleans is not what it used to be. It used to be a great place to work. Leadership, if you can call it that, since the former CEO left, leave so much to be desired. Since the current CEO begin his tenure at the New Orleans facility, many first rate employees (including management positions) have left the company. It's unfortunate.
Productive fun workplace
Regional Insurance Collection Specialist (Former Employee), Andover, MAJune 29, 2014
Wonderful work environment and great staff. Learned a great deal from co-workers. Management was supportive.
Great place to work and GREAT CO-WORKERS
RN High Acuity Unit/Tele/Stepdown (Current Employee), Town and Country, MOJune 29, 2014
Pros: great co-workers.
Cons: pay could have been better. mandatory overtime :-(
I didn't work there for too long because I started nursing school but I loved the co-workers. Everyone was soooo nice and helpful. It was a place where team work really happened.
Difficult medical providers, hard to please, combative with case manager's job.
Case Manager (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJune 28, 2014
Pros: fair pay
Cons: difficult work hours, overworked
Floor nurses are respected but management and medical providers are at odds.
Busy, productive & fun workplace
Social Worker (Current Employee), Hawaiian Gardens, CAJune 28, 2014
Pros: in-house cafeteria, free lunch when no injury every 60-90 days
Cons: short breaks, working area is too small
My typical day @ work is always busy & I learned how to manage my time. Management & co-workers are supportive and the hardest part of the job is placement when no facility will accept patients due to no medicare days & no secondary insurance. However the most enjoyable part of the job is in spite of the difficulties employees always have a positive – more... attitude. – less
The bonus package for admissions and revenue increases the liaisons annual income plus the respect we get in our field is rewarding.
Clinical Nurse Liaison (Current Employee), Sugar Land, TXJune 21, 2014
Every morning (Monday-Friday) we have a conference call with all disciplines in the hospital to review our pending admissions for the day. On Monday mornings after the conference call, the liaison team meets (with our director and CEO) to go over the past weeks' meetings: who we saw plus any business pertinent to LTAC (long term acute care) hospitals – more... in our area including census of competitors along with what we have on our agenda for the upcoming week. We strategize about any new physicians, directors, changes in our STAC (short term acute care) hospital administration departments or any possible clients we might be able to market and start the process to bring them on board. While we answer directly to our Area Marketing Director, we also work very closely with our CEO, CCO, and the Director of Case Management who has an open door policy to the liaison team and are open to suggestions and problem solving. Other than our meetings, we are in our hospitals doing evaluations, meeting with physicians, case managers and nursing directors daily. We also market MD offices, clinics, skilled nursing facilities, assisted livings and promote appropriate Direct Admissions to our hospital.

This job has an ongoing training operation and I have learned to use 'Sales Force' to track my daily patient evaluations, who I met with and where I went each day. This is a good way to assist in time management. I learned to go into all area hospitals to meet the attending physicians and learn the case management teams and how each hospital runs their referral department.

For four and a half years we have had a team of four clinical nurse liaisons who worked at our assigned hospitals, but went into each of the other team members hospitals to "cover" when one of us needed to be out. We worked continually together to get multiple evaluations done daily. (Kindred has 2200 locations across the US and the Houston, Tx market has been the front runner in admissions to our hospitals since we were acquired two and a half years ago). I have been very proud to be a part of this team and company.

If I had to choose the hardest part of the job, it would be having to tell a patient or family that there is/was no criteria for LTAC admission to my hospital. (I always do explain the level of care they do meet and discuss with their case manager and physician what I found). The best part of working at Kindred is seeing something in print about the wonderful success of a hospital stay and the positive outcome. Another "biggie" for me has been my personal relationships with so many physicians who have believed in me and my hospital, entrusting us to attend their patients. The fact that I can pick up the phone and reach the Regional Director for CEO's if needed, proves that the ladder is not an issue for an employee to feel safe or find a resolution to an issue. I also must say that we are known in the industry as a hospital with excellent integrity taking only patients with true criteria for admission.

If I were not relocating, I would not consider a change in my career. – less
Organizational Restructuring
Night shift staff nurse (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJune 21, 2014
Company has brought in the third CEO since the three year tenure that I have been there with multiple upper management layoffs. Not recommended.
high nurse patient ratio
LPN (Former Employee), RVAJune 20, 2014
Pros: some good coworkers
Cons: unrealistic expectations from management
high acuity, high nurse patient ratio. Non-stop 12+ hr shift on your feet. some days, lucky to get lunch.
fun
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJune 17, 2014
fun and good shifts. excellent people to work with............
WAY TO DEMANDING
Manager, Commercial Collections (Former Employee), LAMIRADA, CAJune 17, 2014
Pros: free breakfast
I was only employed with with this company for a short time, 7 months, they currently has 31 hospitals in which they do billing and collections for with only 40 employees and 3 managers, 1 director. There is too much work for the staff to handle and the hours are demanding, most of the time working 10 to 13 hours per day for 5/6 days a week. The director – more... is a tyrant. I have never worked for anyone like this. I am much happier not being their. – less
Colorful
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 17, 2014
Pros: excellent team work on the floor
Cons: long hours.........
Kindred is the kind of hospital that is very much like another home.
We have kept the same base staff for over 10yrs and we can tell you who will last and who won't. Kindred isn't for the stylish nurse but for the jump in Now kind of nurse. It's a place where Nothing is every routine, nor stable. We've had days that crashed before we could start them, – more... one can miss lunch easy, and have up to 3 codes at one time. With this being know for the vent hospital, extreme wounds and special heart issue spot...... Well, one would have to come ready to deal with just about anything because anything could just about happen at Kindred. – less
True patient care and great pay/hours
X-ray tech (Shift Leader) (Former Employee), Scottsdale/Phoenix AZJune 17, 2014
I truly enjoyed working here and felt my job actually had a direct impact on patient care. Management and co-workers are awesome and easy to work with. Was easily able to have a life outside of work due to a very reasonable schedule.
Co-workers are family
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJune 16, 2014
Pros: working 12hours a day three days a week.
Cons: the short lunch break.
My Night started by punchibg in @ 1900; then checking to see how the day went; which meant getting report on what needs to been done and also handling the task that I'massign at night.

what I learned is that my co-workers were like my second family I loved coming to work.

myjob was great never that hard;plus if it was I thought of it as a game and – more... that I had to win.

making folks laugh; theirs so much sadness and sickness in a hospital, but i could make the patience smile and co-workers smile then it was a bonus for me. – less

About Kindred Healthcare

The word "kindred" has many meanings, including allied, similar and family. We believe the name reflects our business – Read more

Kindred Healthcare Photos