Kindred Healthcare

Kindred Healthcare Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and a great crew to work with.
EVS- Floor Tech (Former Employee), Louisville, KYSeptember 29, 2014
It was a great job and the people I worked with were professional.
Great nursing team and learned a lot
RN (Current Employee), Livermore, CASeptember 27, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: patient ratios is high, ot is shunned
I specifically care for patients in the sub-acute unit. Most of these patients are recently hospitalized and requiring addition care while receiving rehab before re-entering the community or into their own homes. I have cared for various age groups of patients from 30-99+. We have a great nursing team and collaborate well with each other in order to – more... provide the best care of our residents.
I have worked closely with management team and director of nursing in order to ensure that the organization works well for our patients. I learned how to view nursing as a functioning whole instead just individual based.
The most hardest part of the job is maintaining my cool when the work load gets very stressful. How I manage that is to take a few minute break, even if it means to walk around the building.
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my patients and seeing their gradual improvements in their condition. For example, I had a patient with late stage cirrhosis and was admitted with alcohol withdrawal and within a few months made a complete 180 degree change. – less
productive place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: family like atmosphere between co workers
love working for the Kindred... Learned a lot of new skills. A place of growth in this company educationally
family oriented environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), green cove springs, floridaSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: rewards for work well done
Cons: healthcare
teamwork is the most enjoyable part of the job along with making the patients get well, and the hardest part is not being able to spend enough time with my patients
It was a gratifying place to work
Director of Activities (Former Employee), Beverly, MASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: activity staff was great
Cons: security poor
I started each day in a managers meeting going over any resident's issues or staffing concerns that needed to be addressed. I was responsible for the Activities and volunteer workers, scheduled monthly calendars, field trips, special events and ordered all activity supplies. I was responsible for completing the Activity assessments and progress notes – more... on all 132 patients. I attended the care plan meetings and assisted in the developing the resident's Interdisciplinary Care Plan. I led activity groups and did 1:1 Activity treatments with Residents as needed. – less
Staffing Coordinator
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee), Arlington, TXSeptember 21, 2014
In this role, I have the opportunity to manage scheduling for the nursing teams for multiple facilities. Everyday is different and challenging...although stressful. I work with 2 groups of people that are committed to take care of the patients and who are great team players. Oftentimes I feel blessed to have such great relationships within the DFW area.
typical SNF
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), VancouverSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: can't think of any
Cons: to many to list.
no union,
over worked,
large patient to staff ratio
quick turnover with staff.
break room available.
fun but didn't like my schedule
Admitting Clerk (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 16, 2014
I work the night shift and had a newborn so I was desperatley looking for a new job when a better position opened up within the hospital and I was moved to manage it which is where i'm at now. The hardest part about the job was obtaining signatures for each patient admitted to the hospital or locating a family member who is authorized to do so.
Nice work/life balance
Staff Accountant (Current Employee), Louisville, KYSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: good people, nice work environment, no overtime
Cons: benefits not that great, upper management need some people skills, company just gave employee raises this past year after 2-3 years and it was very very small
I only work 8 hours a day generally no overtime which I like. Majority of the people here are really nice to work with. However, the company needs to work on their benefits as employees are starting to leave for better benefit packages.
Fun place to work
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOSeptember 13, 2014
Kindred is a fun place to work. I got in after doing my externship there from school and I hated to have to leave.
Compassionate care from dedicated health care professionals
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 12, 2014
People who really care about the patients, great team work and working environment.
static and good place to work in every day
RN (Former Employee), Arlington, TXSeptember 11, 2014
Typical for long term acute care, I learnt how to communicate with families in very simple and clear way. Managers are cooperative, Co-workers too.The hardest part is charting but the easiest part is taking care of same patient group next day.
Pay was good, for a college student.
CNA (Former Employee), Ogden, UTSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: mangement, and workload
This company was alright to work for. As the title suggests, that pay was good, but that was about it. The resident to cna ratio, was a little too high for my liking. Co-workers were great to work with, management could use some improvement. But overall, a decent place to work.
Great Experience
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Detroit, MISeptember 10, 2014
This was a great place to work at. It also taught me some valuable lessons.
I ve never met a more commited Therapy staff than this group of women. Our patients were our top priority.
pta (Current Employee), Washington, moSeptember 10, 2014
The company upper management needs to keep an eye on middle management since some (most?) don t perform their jobs...or maybe they are over worked.. The lower management was great.
Very productive and enjoyable place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Aurora, COSeptember 9, 2014
A typical day at work for me was very fast paced but rewarding. I learned how to work in effectively in a team environment and independently. I enjoyed working in a company where management was willingly and opened to listen and take care of the needs of their employees. My co-workers and I always worked together as a team to give our patients the best – more... quality care we could possibly give them. The hardest part of the job was when we were under staff and our patient count was high. The most enjoybale part of the job was making a difference in my patients life. – less
Excellent company
Summer Nurse Tech Program (Former Employee), New Orleans, LASeptember 8, 2014
I only worked summer hours when I was in school. They required 12 hour shifts, and on-call.
A team building environment, a very physically demanding job but with teamwork and handwork towards each staff and the patient
Full Time Physical Therapist (Former Employee), Wayne, NJSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: growth and fulfilling job
Cons: physically demanding, especially on your low back
I learned a lot within 6 months working here and it was physically demeaning job transferring and lifting vent dependent patient in order to improve the patient's lung capacity and cardiovascular health. Because of teamwork and team building, I do believe on proper etiquette and being professional towards the rehab department and nursing department. – more... Without teamwork, this working environment will be draining physically, emotionally and mentally. – less
Could have better!
Building Engineer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 7, 2014
The management was very tight on budget and I was never sure when the lay off was coming.
NICE WORK ENVIORNMENT
CNA (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 4, 2014
NICE ENVIORNMENT
HARD WORK AND BUSY ENVIORNMENT
GREAT TEAM WORK AND BENEFITS

About Kindred Healthcare

The word "kindred" has many meanings, including allied, similar and family. We believe the name reflects our business – Read more

Kindred Healthcare Photos