Kindred Healthcare

Kindred Healthcare Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good learning experience.
Staff RN (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 4, 2014
I have more experience I have worked non-stop since graduation in 1981.
great enviroment
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee), New Britain, CTAugust 2, 2014
Pros: great enviroment
Cons: to many pts per cna
loved my pts and co -workers and wish i didnt have to leave. the nurses ther tought me alot and made me a better cna and my daily rutine was busy but i like busy!at times we had way to many pts so that would be over wellming but we always all worked together and the job would get done!
Good Company
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee), Detroit, MIAugust 2, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: low census
Lack of census was the only bad thing about working with Rehab Care.
You can't fix stupid
RN (Former Employee), Peabody, nassAugust 1, 2014
Cons: too numerous to note if your an ethical competent nurse.
This place offers horrific care to patients with the lowest standards I've ever seen.
Basically they keep patients until their Medicare. Medicaid . Or private insurance runs out.
No matter how ill a patient becomes they will not send the patient to a hospital e.r. For evaluation. The patient will just decline and die.
Standard of care is poor. The nurses – more... don't know better . For many it's their first job. Or nurses are so stupid , and don't know better and likely fired from everywhere else.
If you have experience as a registered nurse in a real hospital you will be so disgusted and in disbelief . I quit midway through the orientation . I saw enough . No way. Not worth getting sued over or losing my license.
Might be okay if you're desperate and need a paycheck, or need a first job and can't get any thing else. But you'll want to quit pretty quickly.
I worked at the Peabody , massachusetts site aka kindred hospital/ Biston north. It used to be peabody hospital . It's not a hospital anymore . It's a horrible nursing home, so called ltach... Minimal care . Very minimal . Very few improve enough to leave. They just keep patients give lousy care and they end up dying there. They never let a pt get evaluated at a real hospital no matter how bad they get. That's just wrong . It's all greed.
Disgusting. – less
Nice place to be
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 29, 2014
Good to work here with the co workers. Day starts with the patient assignments and a whole team of three person and we are work together to give best care to our patient.
The benefits are terrible and the company does not match 401K
Central Business Office Collections Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 26, 2014
Good place to work but is very demanding and can be a little stressful.
Productive workplace
District Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Needham, MAJuly 26, 2014
Pros: great hours
Was a great match for a young family. Very flexible and fast paced work day never dragged!
Worked PRN 2-3 days per week
RN Float nurse, Med/Surg (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 25, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: had to leave because my child was ill.
Patients more critical than typical Med/Surg due to many ventilators and could be heavy work due to large patients with wounds. Good place to work because of very helpful staff and good compensation. Management was helpful.
Enjoyed learning in this setting, Skilled Nursing Facility
Social Services Assistant (Former Employee), Medford, ORJuly 24, 2014
Pros: great team environment
Cons: operating from a daily census
A typical day at work would begin in a morning meeting to staff the daily operations of the facility. I would assist the Social Services Director in anything that he needed. Attend care conferences, work with community partners in all aspects of discharge planning for the residents who were leaving the facility to go home. Management was excellent and – more... so were my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was documenting in the MDS system. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the patients and their families and working as team. – less
Friendly Work Environment w/ Knowledgeable Staff
Physical Therapy Aide/Rehab Tech (Current Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: long lunches. pto
Cons: needs room for advancement
Working for over two years as a Therapy Aide/ Rehab Technician for Kindred Healthcare has taught me useful skills that will benefit me in future positions in the healthcare field. I am thankful for this opportunity and would recommend this position to anyone who is interested in the Rehab field.
It's a good hospital to work for, skills wise
Med Surge Nurse (Current Employee), Kindred Hospital in Fort Woth, Tx.July 24, 2014
Work at kindred is fine. You can gain a lot of skills there. Patients are sometimes difficult to please.
Productive and fun workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Oakland, CAJuly 23, 2014
Helping residents with there every need and activities of daily living.
Diverse and Friendly Workplace
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 23, 2014
Kindred has very friendly employees. The work load can get tough at times. The most enjoyable part is seeing patients that you have worked with get better and leave the hospital.
fun work place
Payroll Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee), Quincy, MAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: i worked by myself independently, own office, and yes free lunch
Cons: not consistent with hiring administrators
The facility I worked for which was Quincy Rehab is a great place, enjoyed my co-workers and the residents. Benefits were ok, nursing staff great!
Very professional place to work. Took care of their employees
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), South Jordan, UTJuly 22, 2014
I enjoyed working for Kindred Healthcare. I took care of the Executive Vice President, Vice President of Finance, along with other Executives. I took care of their calendars, reports, calls and anything else asked of me. I planned conferences and training classes both on site and off. I also covered the Plant Operations department with back up for the – more... Capital Ordering process keeping track of projects to assure the paperwork was submitted correctly and vendors were paid timely. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the different personalities and keeping busy. The hardest part of the job was having to help them close the Utah office and losing the relationships I have with the people there. – less
hard
cna (Former Employee), TacomaJuly 18, 2014
Pros: coworkers
Cons: pay rate, schedules, no free time
Super demanding. Hard work don't have time for lunches or 15 min breaks! Just terrible. We suppose to love coming to work. Pay rate is super low! We have great workers they just don't appreciate us cna there! I DO NOT RECOMMEND. I enjoy my co-workers. Hardest part is no breaks to rest and when I need to use the bathroom I need to hold it because someone – more... else needs my help. – less
great place to work
Project Coordinator - Data Center Operations (Former Employee), louisville,kyJuly 18, 2014
everyone was very nice and helpful. couldn't ask for a more professional work place
productive
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 18, 2014
The staff I worked with was great the Director Edmonia Evans is the best ever.
Staff member (Former Employee), Sycamore, ILJuly 15, 2014
Worked for the Sycamore facility learned a lot was able to grow in the company. Left due to relocation
Here we go again
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2014
I had to draw every patient in the hospital (morning rounds). I did all the lab work alone. The institution is very small so there is only one position in my field of work. I came into work we hours in the morning if the workflow would be significantly heavy. Management was very poor. Had no help in that department. I kind of had to make my own decisions – more... and what I thought would be best in certain situations. The hardest part of my job was working alone. – less

About Kindred Healthcare

The word "kindred" has many meanings, including allied, similar and family. We believe the name reflects our business – Read more

Kindred Healthcare Photos