Kindred Healthcare

Kindred Healthcare Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I look after old people
Care giver for Old people (Current Employee), Blacks Harbour, NBMarch 10, 2013
Pros: no
Cons: sometimes 12 hour days
I love what I do..The old people are so nice and they need alot of help with there lives and I try to help them the best way I know how...
Very bad place to work for
LVN (Former Employee), PerrisOctober 16, 2014
Pros: computer charting great and easy
Cons: no breaks
Work load is too much!!!!! I was a temp. and was treat horribly by the RN. Never ever would go to work for this place.
PRODUCTIVE
Admission Coordinator (Current Employee), Hollywood, FLOctober 15, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: pay rate
EVERYBODY WHO WORKED IN THIS OFFICE WAS SUPER HELPFUL & FRIENDLY ALL THE TIME.
I recommend Kindred to family and friends
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee), Santa Ana, CAOctober 15, 2014
Majority of staff treat each other as their own family member, we made our heavy load easier by working harmoniously.
A great place to work
Medical Staff Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLOctober 15, 2014
I enjoy working at Kindred Hospital Melbourne. Assisting the patient's families gives me great joy.
Did not like working for an LTAC
Medical Technologist (Former Employee), Havertown, PAOctober 13, 2014
Did not like working for an LTAC or having to perform phlebotomy in the AM. Also had to be on call for blood bank every 3rd week.
great place to work
Director of Case Management (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 8, 2014
High workloads
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAOctober 8, 2014
Not a well respected department. Overloaded with 16 hours of work or more. No registry allowed so if someone calls off you pick up their load.
Overall a good company to work for
Director of Quality & Risk Management (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXOctober 6, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: no work/life balance
Great employees and high opportunities for advancement good place to learn a new discipline, very poor benefits
very organized and great work atmosphere
LPN (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 6, 2014
Cons: census loww too often so call offs are often, low pto accrual
loved it there
charting easy and effective
great staff
management very fair and helpful
To coin a phraise "Best Care Anywhere!
Maintence Assistant (Former Employee), Greenwood, INOctober 3, 2014
Pros: work relatively independent
Cons: continually on call
Inspect physical property ,monitor water softner level,police trash around property,work order execution,report to service request in a timely manner.grounds keeping.
GREAT
ota (Current Employee), houston txOctober 2, 2014
great company however poor direct management. i love seeing my patients progress
poor managment, understaffed cna, rude nurses
CNA (Former Employee), virginia beach, VaOctober 2, 2014
Pros: you get your 30min break....
Cons: everything!
Management is horrible!!! Managers will look down on you and white you up for no reason. Most of management will not try to help you. They basically look down on you and try to get you fired.
They are understaffed with cna's. They expect you to take on 20 patients a night and if you don't do everything expected they will write you up.
The nurses are – more... stuck up. When they need some they will come and get you and tell you to do something to make there jobs easier. The nurses will give you dirty looks if you are not a nurse. They disrespect there cna's.
DRAMA- there are always drama going around. If someone doesn't like you they will spread a rumor about you. When the DON hears about it you will be questioned. Even if you didn't do anything wrong they will try and fire you if she does not like you. – less
No work life balance
respiratory therapy (Former Employee), philadelphia, paOctober 1, 2014
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: management inconsistent
People were great Interested in their patients. Management was pretty inconsistent most of the time.
Productive and great workplace.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: health care
When I used to work Kindred Hospital. Always looked at the diets and see what the patient can have first.A typical day was to set up all the breakfast trays for the patients. Help the staff and cook and assist to their needs. Put coffee out in the cafeteria for the hospital staff.Set out cups and wipe down the counters. The cook starts loading the food – more... on the plates and I load the trays in the cart and take the food down to the patients. Come back and set up for lunch trays and set up for lunch in the cafeteria lunch for hospital staff. Go and get carts and wash all the dishes. Go out to cafeteria and serve hospital staff. Set up dishes for lunch and serve food on the plates and load them in the cart to take to patients.Have lunch, then go pick up carts to wash lunch dishes. Then set up dinner trays and make salads and deserts and etc. Make dinner trays and load into cart and send to the patients. Pick up the cart wash dinner dishes and clean up the kitchen and go home. I learned about all the diets and what foods they can't and can have. Putting the food away and dating it. Making sure the kitchen is clean. Always show good customer service and a team player. The management is great. They helped out a lot. My co-workers were a big help. The hardest part was to make sure that every patient got the right foods.Working with the Patients and staff was wonderful. I met a lot of great people. It warms my heart to help the patients and meet their needs. I have done dietary Aide for 5 years. I have a lot of skills. – less
Excellent place to work insurance too expensive
Floor Technician (Current Employee), Northlake, ILSeptember 29, 2014
A typical day is stripping and waxing floors, the hardest part in getting the room cleaned and prepped to get patients in. The management team are all very friendly and seem willing to keep staff happy promoting a healthy work day.
Productive and a great crew to work with.
EVS- Floor Tech (Former Employee), Louisville, KYSeptember 29, 2014
It was a great job and the people I worked with were professional.
Great nursing team and learned a lot
RN (Current Employee), Livermore, CASeptember 27, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: patient ratios is high, ot is shunned
I specifically care for patients in the sub-acute unit. Most of these patients are recently hospitalized and requiring addition care while receiving rehab before re-entering the community or into their own homes. I have cared for various age groups of patients from 30-99+. We have a great nursing team and collaborate well with each other in order to – more... provide the best care of our residents.
I have worked closely with management team and director of nursing in order to ensure that the organization works well for our patients. I learned how to view nursing as a functioning whole instead just individual based.
The most hardest part of the job is maintaining my cool when the work load gets very stressful. How I manage that is to take a few minute break, even if it means to walk around the building.
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my patients and seeing their gradual improvements in their condition. For example, I had a patient with late stage cirrhosis and was admitted with alcohol withdrawal and within a few months made a complete 180 degree change. – less
productive place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: family like atmosphere between co workers
love working for the Kindred... Learned a lot of new skills. A place of growth in this company educationally
family oriented environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), green cove springs, floridaSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: rewards for work well done
Cons: healthcare
teamwork is the most enjoyable part of the job along with making the patients get well, and the hardest part is not being able to spend enough time with my patients

1 2 3 4 5

About Kindred Healthcare

The word "kindred" has many meanings, including allied, similar and family. We believe the name reflects our business – Read more

Kindred Healthcare Photos