Kindred Healthcare

1.1K reviews

Kindred Healthcare Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great company to work for
Home Support Worker (Former Employee), Saint John, NBJanuary 4, 2016
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: sometimes having to travel fair distances for only a few hours work in poor road conditions
typical work day consists of providing home support and personal care/ support to clients in their homes.
management is friendly and understanding and supportive.
co-workers are wonderful
hardest part of the job is knowing the individuals you are providing care for are nearing the end of their life and seeing their health deteriorate.
the most enjoyable part is interacting with the clients and their families and providing help and support to the clients.
great people to work for
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBJuly 12, 2015
Pros: getting to meet new people, helping people
Cons: alot of driving, no lunch breaks
I enjoyed working for them, they let you work while you took the home care course at the same time. only down fall is there was no guarantee of hours and there were too many emails from the scheduling department always changing shifts.
Provided a job while I went to college.
Human Services Worker (Former Employee), Saint John NBNovember 5, 2014
Pros: it was laid back.
Cons: management was very unorganized
I worked 5 days a week caring for an elderly lady. I learned that I really love working with people. I was very organized. I didnt work with co-workers as I worked on my own. The hardest part of the job was dealing with toileting issues, however that wasn't that bad at all. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my client. She was amazing and a joy to be around. A typical day at work was coming in, getting my client bathed and ready for the day. We would hang out and talk and watch movies and enjoy each others company. I would clean her house every day and take her to church on Sundays, which she loved.
Working with the elderly.
Home Support Worker (Former Employee), St. Stephen, NBJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: metting new people.
Cons: the hours weren't guaranteed.
I had to work with the elderly, and I got to meet new people. I'm a little shy around new people, so maybe this was a good job to get me out of that.
I look after old people
Care giver for Old people (Current Employee), Blacks Harbour, NBMarch 10, 2013
Pros: no
Cons: sometimes 12 hour days
I love what I do..The old people are so nice and they need alot of help with there lives and I try to help them the best way I know how...