Kindersley Transport Employee Reviews in Canada

A decent starting point for a career in transportation
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 27, 2016
Do not plan on making this company a career choice as you will find that it is not a company that pays well. They are a small to midsize trucking company in the grand scheme of transportation and logistics. But that being said, they are a decent place to gain experience before moving onto greater positions and better companies. Management seemed to have turnover issues and were probably not suited for the position to begin with. Their company is old and falling apart; what I mean by that is the facilities are rundown, and their equipment is garbage. I just don't see the company ever making serious investments in upgrading their image.

Tip: use this company as a place to gain experience only.
Pros
not much
Cons
dirty enivronment, low salary
Challenging and fun
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 10, 2015
Working at Kindersley was for me fun. Somedays were more challenging than others, and yes there were challenges. I really enjoyed talking to and getting to know our customers. I had great relationships with all our customers and was always happy to assist them any way I could. I learned many things at Kindersley, computer skills, more about shipping freight, and that a company such as this one cannot operate as a one man team. It takes an entire team of many different people right from the head offices all the way to the shipping dock to make sure things are done right. Team work is key.
I sometimes miss the environment.
Pros
The challenges and the people
Cons
equal job oppertunaties does not excist
Open dispatch driver ( Highway driver ) (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJanuary 18, 2016
The company is not kind to foreign workers. Canadians get all the miles and you as a foreigner have to wait for loads. They don't care if you make money to feed your family or not.
Pros
SINP program got me into Canada
Cons
not making nearly the money they promised me
Stay away ....
Administration (Current Employee) –  DeltaAugust 24, 2015
Both management and company have no respect for employees. Very low pay compared to industry standards.
Management spends more time with HR then moving freight. Building is falling apart and infested with mold.
Toilet supplies are rationed to employees
Horrible dirty place to work
Pros
Cons
Low pay. No vacation time No training
Engoyable environment, good people to work with.
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 16, 2015
A typical day of work would be going in and calling customers to let them know that their shipments are in and collecting payment for the freight. Answering phones and helping customers with tracing or redirecting freight and any concerns they might have.

I have learned how to multi-task with this job and how to stay calm under pressure.

Management was easy to work with and very understanding. They would work with to help figure out solutions and solve problems.

Co-workers were great to work with as will and would lend a helping hand when needed.

I don't believe I had a hard part to my job. It would get crazy busy with the phones but always seemed to work out.

The most enjoyable part of my day was just going to work and working with a great staff and having a fun and enjoyable environment to work in.
Fine Firm to work for
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Delta BCMay 8, 2013
Driving in all conitions. Dealing with Hazards of the roads. People with Kindersley helpful and concerning towards me. Long hours away friends and Family was a draw back.
Pros
seeing spring and fall in areas i drove
Cons
away from family a great deal
fasy paced
Appointment Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 2, 2015
I learned several applications to book appts into various warehouses, and felt the girls in office were great to work with.
Pros
fast days
Cons
unorganized dock
fun place to work
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 29, 2013
learned how to deal with computer problems,,different opinions about procedures between management staff
Pros
friendly people
Cons
no set procedures for dispathers
Good place to gain experience.
Class 1 Driver (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 4, 2012
City P&D,
Yard shunting,
New clients constantly.
Satisfying career opportunity.
Pros
good place to work.
Cons
poor shifts.
Fast paced
Tiger Courier (Former Employee) –  EdmontonNovember 25, 2014
My typical day consisted of customer service & Managerial duties.
I was the manager for the courier division and the admin supervisor for both Tiger and Kindersley. I was also the OS&D clerk. A lot of my day was spent working with shippers and receivers, ensuring they were happy with service.
Productive environment with pleasant staff
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  5355 Creekbank RoadJune 16, 2014
Kindersley was a great place for me to gain experience and be a part of a team where we all thrived to do the best. The staff made me feel welcomed and involved with the work.
Great company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKAugust 15, 2014
Great dispatchers, they always worked with you. The most enjoyable part was driving all over the place.
scanning, checking, and providing pod's to clients
Office Administrator / POD Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 6, 2013
scanning, checking confirming pods exist in system. Answering phones taking trip orders
Pros
casual atmosphere
Cons
language, dust, flies and always cold due to warehouse being open 24/7

Comment – January 2, 2014

The Siemens only care about the Siemens getting richer and they do it by stepping on the backs of their employees. They have policys that I have since learned are illegal like "Overtime does not count for anything" but you are expected to work it if needed to complete your work. HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK

Busy and always on the go
Shunt Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 20, 2014
Kindersley taught me many different things. I learned to deal with many different kinds of people and situations. Dealt with large amounts of dust in summer, very cold temperatures and freezing breaks in the winter.
Good Place but manager dosent know what he is doing
Trailer Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 27, 2012
the pace is very slow to work in. the guys on the floor are great to work with . the hardest part of the job was finding things to do
steady
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 14, 2014
poor training
inner office disputes not handled properly
badly organised
poor follow up to customer concerns