Kinder Morgan

Kinder Morgan Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Please go through the resume
Sr Dotnet developer (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 9, 2014
Its a great pleasure and very promising environment to work with kinder morgon team.
Not So great after Merger
Senior Tax Analyst (Current Employee), HoustonApril 7, 2014
Pros: 9/80
Cons: management
A lot of confusion following El Paso Merger. More time will be needed to analysis process and procedures.
Same as above
EHS Technician (Current Employee), Marrero, LAApril 3, 2014
operations work such as:
loading trucks, railcars, barges
blends
gauges
etc.
It offers a very productive environment. People are very friendly to work with.
Accountant, Settlement Accounting (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 3, 2014
Pros: free parking, help pay part of your fitness expense
Cons: non
A typical day at work involved working with schedulers, traders, pipeline accountants and various departments, making sure prices and volumes was correct before sending out invoices and confirming before settlement date (most of these were netting customers). Resolve and clear up A/R and A/P accruals on a daily basis; heavily involved with customers – more... and management in order to achieve maximum porfitability. Had a very good relationship with co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was making sure the traders and schedulers provided the necessary information and changes needed to complete the job; however, I worked with a great group of people and more often the information was given in a timely manner.
The most enjoyabe part of the job was interacting with the customers and feeling good about solving their problems and the companies in regards to resolving issues that could have caused open items on the A/R and A/P reports. It's a good feeling knowing you are directly responsible for saving the company a lot of money. – less
Great Company
Clerk (Former Employee), Reserve, LAMarch 27, 2014
Payroll, Invoice Coding, Mail, Shipments, Billing, Records Management, Expense Reports, Tonnage Calculations, Certificates of Insurance, Monthly/Weekly Budget Reports
Solid Company
Business Development Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 25, 2014
Extreme focus on financial performance, top heavy and no resemblance of a training program. Very fast moving nimble company and good ideas get fast tracked.
Interesting and Knowledgeable Offshore Workplace
Contractor/Consultant (Temporary) (Former Employee), Houma, LAMarch 24, 2014
-A typical day at work was boxing document to be shipped and putting the documents on excel spreadsheet. Shipped over 600 boxes it destination.
-I learned alot about the platforms and meter stations in the oil field.
-The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people that had knowledge about the field from over 30 years. They made sure to educate – more... me in an information I needed to get the job done.
- The hardest part about the job was having a deadline, having to end the job, and leave the wonderful employees I worked with. – less
Well balanced group of professionals.
Pipeline Controller (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 24, 2014
Pros: working inside, nice schedule, and annual bonus.
A typical day at work would generally consist of monitoring the pipelines and keeping them in a steady state. Interpreting the schedules to meet the customer's needs was probably the most important thing I learned and will help me in the future. I really enjoyed together as a team with my co-workers and we all got along quite well.
Great co workers, loved my job
Station Operator (Former Employee), NebraskaMarch 20, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: being on call, the only person to answer their phone
There was enough seperation from managment that you could do what you needed to do, everybody knew there job and how to do it the best they could. Toughest part was being on call all the time, there was not alot of home time.
Nice company
Plant Operator (Former Employee), Port AllenMarch 12, 2014
Operation of natural gas treating equipment to maintain designated operating conditions
Surveillance of plant processes on PLC or DCS
My objective is to find a job in which i can utilize my skills as a professional.
Heavy Equipment Operator/Truck Driver (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXMarch 10, 2014
I enjoyed working for Kinder Morgan;really never had any problems everyone woprked together and made sure the job was complete and that we always worked in a safe place.
kinder morgan
Chemical Loader III/ Operator (Former Employee), Geismar, LAMarch 1, 2014
great company...good wages and overall good culture...would work for them again
great company
Loader Operator/aquipment operator (Former Employee), New Johnsonville, TNFebruary 26, 2014
this was one of my favorite company to work for , was here for several years until company closed down. had a great time here though. great hours and great boss.
Wonderful place to work, good people from top to bottom
Financial Analyst / Budget Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: great people, recognition for good work
Cons: compensation may be lower for similar work elsewhere
I enjoyed eight months here through a contract obligation. It was a very demanding role, requiring me to quickly learn their methodology and processes. I was also given the task of consolidating the annual plan and verifying the data as it was presented to senior management.

Throughout my time there I was given whatever support I needed as well as – more... given the opportunity to fine-tune existing processes where I could make improvements.

I felt honored by the level of trust given to me and see it as a reflection of management and the desire to follow the example set by Rich Kinder. – less
What a horrible company
Customer Service (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 15, 2014
Cons: everything mentioned above
Kinder Morgan likes to think of themselves as a good company, but in my own experience, their corporate ideals means that women are not tapped for anything but "traditional" female positions - HR and similar roles. Because of that, the men in this company treat women as if they are stuck in the 50's - in stereotypically male fashion.

There is no advancement – more... opportunities for women in this company. Even the engineering positions that were offered to women, they laid them off and hired newly-graduated engineering degree females, paying them a fraction of what the others had been paid. They don't do that with the other positions - those are all male dominated jobs and the men in those roles make serious money.

Locally, in my area, the office I worked in was an exact example of the above - they laid off the one female engineer for a college grad, the office women were treated like 50's throw-backs, nothing more than glorified clerks who should be happy to have a job, but should be at home raising babies and keeping their man satisfied.

Want to work for that type of company, then you will enjoy Kinder Morgan. – less
A nice laid back work environment, the put safety first
heavy equipment operator (Current Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 14, 2014
we work rain,sleet,and snow loading & unloading material on & of rail cars,trucks,and barges using numerous types of equipment
Challenging work environment.
Senior Scheduling Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 11, 2014
Scheduled two crude oil pipelines. Interacted with all levels of management, field operations, pipeline control, commercial developement, accounting.
Fast paced, rigorous, and enjoyable work environment
Project Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TexasJanuary 20, 2014
- Excellent learning experience
- Insightful introduction into the oil and gas industry
- Learned how to manage an engineering/construction project through all phases to completion
Coal distribution facility
Full-time Operations facility worker (Current Employee), Newport News, VAJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: multiple days off
Cons: swing shift
Advancement opportunity is next to zero. Swing shift, 12.5 hour days but with multiple days off. Actually zero work/life balance.
I have learned a variety of new positions in an industry I started with no experience. No future knowledge of where you will be or what task you will be performing. My experience is some retail, heavy B2B sale and customer – more... service. Which included order pulling, packing, and shipping. Receiving also. – less
operate equipment
operator (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits
Cons: management
operate equipment in the movement of material i learned different equipment ,management does not care about the employees ,the hardest part od=f the job is going there every day ,the best part of the job is going home

About Kinder Morgan

This can get Kinder complicated: Kinder Morgan Management (KMM) was created by pipeline operator  Kinder Morgan, Inc. to be the – Read more

Kinder Morgan Photos