Kinder Morgan

Kinder Morgan Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great company
Loader Operator/aquipment operator (Former Employee), New Johnsonville, TNFebruary 26, 2014
this was one of my favorite company to work for , was here for several years until company closed down. had a great time here though. great hours and great boss.
Wonderful place to work, good people from top to bottom
Financial Analyst / Budget Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: great people, recognition for good work
Cons: compensation may be lower for similar work elsewhere
I enjoyed eight months here through a contract obligation. It was a very demanding role, requiring me to quickly learn their methodology and processes. I was also given the task of consolidating the annual plan and verifying the data as it was presented to senior management.

Throughout my time there I was given whatever support I needed as well as – more... given the opportunity to fine-tune existing processes where I could make improvements.

I felt honored by the level of trust given to me and see it as a reflection of management and the desire to follow the example set by Rich Kinder. – less
What a horrible company
Customer Service (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 15, 2014
Cons: everything mentioned above
Kinder Morgan likes to think of themselves as a good company, but in my own experience, their corporate ideals means that women are not tapped for anything but "traditional" female positions - HR and similar roles. Because of that, the men in this company treat women as if they are stuck in the 50's - in stereotypically male fashion.

There is no advancement – more... opportunities for women in this company. Even the engineering positions that were offered to women, they laid them off and hired newly-graduated engineering degree females, paying them a fraction of what the others had been paid. They don't do that with the other positions - those are all male dominated jobs and the men in those roles make serious money.

Locally, in my area, the office I worked in was an exact example of the above - they laid off the one female engineer for a college grad, the office women were treated like 50's throw-backs, nothing more than glorified clerks who should be happy to have a job, but should be at home raising babies and keeping their man satisfied.

Want to work for that type of company, then you will enjoy Kinder Morgan. – less
A nice laid back work environment, the put safety first
heavy equipment operator (Current Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 14, 2014
we work rain,sleet,and snow loading & unloading material on & of rail cars,trucks,and barges using numerous types of equipment
Challenging work environment.
Senior Scheduling Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 11, 2014
Scheduled two crude oil pipelines. Interacted with all levels of management, field operations, pipeline control, commercial developement, accounting.
Fast paced, rigorous, and enjoyable work environment
Project Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TexasJanuary 20, 2014
- Excellent learning experience
- Insightful introduction into the oil and gas industry
- Learned how to manage an engineering/construction project through all phases to completion
Coal distribution facility
Full-time Operations facility worker (Current Employee), Newport News, VAJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: multiple days off
Cons: swing shift
Advancement opportunity is next to zero. Swing shift, 12.5 hour days but with multiple days off. Actually zero work/life balance.
I have learned a variety of new positions in an industry I started with no experience. No future knowledge of where you will be or what task you will be performing. My experience is some retail, heavy B2B sale and customer – more... service. Which included order pulling, packing, and shipping. Receiving also. – less
operate equipment
operator (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits
Cons: management
operate equipment in the movement of material i learned different equipment ,management does not care about the employees ,the hardest part od=f the job is going there every day ,the best part of the job is going home
Harvey, Louisiana
Operator, maint tech, dockman (Former Employee), Harvey, LAJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: what people are stick around as coworkers become great friends
Cons: management, recources, pay, unrealistic hours/deadlines, poor benefits
Very threatening and unrealistic deadlines set, always hold everything possible they can over your head due in fact management hasn't a clue whats going on and need always to provide themselves an out for their own job security. Very poor ethics promise the world to get commitment from you and never fulfill their end once ours is met!!, constantly rearranging – more... benefits so much so its cheaper to get govt. Obama care and personal IRA and fair out better in the end. Hear same for most all KM branches throughout south Louisiana. Only good point is due to serious management hostility and unprofessionalism have made some very dear friends and always looking to help one another till you get fortunate enough for a better opportunity which is from most anywhere else. Recently increased pay rate substantially and is still lowest paid liquid bulk storage through put facility up or down the river. Only pro is you can gain terminal experience to get better paying job else where with better everything! – less
nice place to work
Loader (Current Employee), Euless, TXDecember 29, 2013
it a good place to work everyone there is like family the hardest part of the job is been there sometime 16-17 hour a day when we work
Only if Walmart isn't hiring.
Operator II (Current Employee), Cheyenne, WYDecember 19, 2013
Pros: job security due to astronomical turn over.
Cons: everything else.
Judging from these very positive last few comments, I would say the company has people posting them to bolster its image. They are having a hard time finding people who want to work there. Here's my take:

The cheapest outfit I've ever encountered. Run equipment and employees into the ground in order to increase profits (dividends). Manage employees – more... by threatening them with disciplinary action quite often. Endless duplicate spreadsheets with ridiculously unrealistic deadlines. – less
Web easily accessed
Custmer Service /Inventory Rep. (Former Employee), Carteret, NJDecember 15, 2013
Easily accessed, Can offer substantial experience. Managed others. Eye for details.
Great Work Environment with Top Notch Management
Materials and Coating Inspector (Former Employee), PennsylvaniaDecember 6, 2013
Pros: variety of experiences
Cons: job ended
This is the best company and group of workers from upper management to inspectors I have ever worked with and for. It was a joy to go to work each and every day on these projects.
general laborer
Road and Rail Loader (Current Employee), Tarrant, ALNovember 15, 2013
ran conveyers, set rail cars, general laborer working out doors in all weather nice co-workers
Challenging and rewarding workplace with great opportunities for career growth
Operations Field Engineer (Current Employee), Shorewood, ILNovember 2, 2013
Pros: challenging work load and responsibilities with rewards
Cons: requires high energy and resiliancy
Kinder Morgan hired me as a college graduate and positioned me as a Project Manager with limited experience. They effectively managed to surround me with all of the resources I needed to be competent in the position within a year. Management sent me to training classes in estimating and project management, they sent me out into the field to see projects – more... in-progress and nearing completion, they regularly met with us as a group to discuss our projects and learn from others, too.

You are expected to prioritize and multitask, and eventually, you learn how to delegate lesser responsibilities and become a true leader. – less
Total Dump! Even Worse Management
Clerk (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 30, 2013
Pros: benefits, healthcare
Cons: work ethic
My married boss hit on me and when I refused he found every reason to get rid of me. They talk about core values but as far as moral values they have none. There is no in house promotions, they hire outside guys and use their supervisory roles to step on people. I was a very hard worker never taking any unreasonable vacation days and my boss never appreciated – more... any of it. The company has no intentions of putting money into truck loading equipment that breaks down everyday and the truck drivers are there for at least 3 hours. Iv'e heard every single one of them complain. Manning is always short and when they bring in a ship over the weekend, you will work whether you like it or not. – less
Loved my job
Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee), Hungerford, TXOctober 17, 2013
Worked for many years in the gas industry. Made it thru 2 layoffs & closing of our office. 2 years later didnt make the cut.
Fun place to wok for
Procurement Clerk, BOSTCO (Current Employee), La Porte, TexasOctober 16, 2013
Pros: free lunchs
Cons: long hours but get paid overtime
Great Company to work for. I have saftey meeting every morning at 9am. My co-workers greeted me very well and was happy to see me to help them out.
Very professionalism in the company
Project Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 11, 2013
Pros: good benefits, professional corporation.
Highly professional company. Very cooperative co-workers. Enjoyable working climate. Good place to work. Good benefits while working and also upon separation.
Operator
Terminal Operator (Former Employee), Galena Park,TxOctober 8, 2013
Pros: good money
Cons: hours
Loaded and unloaded tank cars and trucks,ships,barges,lined up tanks for movements in and out,gauged and sampled tanks when required

About Kinder Morgan

This can get Kinder complicated: Kinder Morgan Management (KMM) was created by pipeline operator¬† Kinder Morgan, Inc.¬†to be the – Read more

Kinder Morgan Photos